PDA

View Full Version : Shazam!

coin24
04-05-2019, 07:29 AM
Has anyone checked this out yet?

I thought it was great, DC just racking up wins. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, now Shazam:applause: The new Joker trailer looks very interesting also

Very refreshing after that Disney sjw captain marvel trash.

DC haters pretty quiet these days:oldlol:

MaxFly
04-05-2019, 08:10 AM
Man of Steel is still my personal favorite, but I'm excited to see that they are moving in the right direction and generating buzz with the latest installments. Hoping to see Shazam! at some point over the next few weeks, but it's been getting great reviews. Hopefully, WB is able to find a great Bruce/Batman and rumors that Cavill will stay on as Superman pan out. I'd love if they could slowly move back to a more connected universe down the line once they've reestablished the heroes and villains individually.

Whatever they do, they can't take steps back from this kind of Batman.

https://i.ibb.co/Kxny1XV/2019-04-05-2.png

coin24
04-05-2019, 08:37 AM
I would have liked to see Affleck in a stand alone batman but guess it's not meant to be.
Hopefully they can find someone decent to replace him and relaunch the batman.

Cavill is good as superman but the rest of the movie is poorly cast, especially Lois..

Ben Simmons 25
04-05-2019, 09:03 AM
DC blows and will always blow and has always blown.

Anyone who thinks DC is good has literal brain damage.

The DCU has been a complete ****ing train wreck disaster.

MaxFly
04-05-2019, 02:51 PM
I would have liked to see Affleck in a stand alone batman but guess it's not meant to be.

Yeah, Affleck would have been great in a solo feature. I was hoping we could get a Batman/Deathstroke faceoff on film soon. We still may at some point, but that's been pushed back.

Honestly, I just want to see a live version of this. (https://youtu.be/1z3GJfyf4XM?t=13)

Smook A.
04-05-2019, 03:15 PM

Cavill is good as superman but the rest of the movie is poorly cast, especially Lois..
Jon Hamm would be the perfect Bruce Wayne/Batman replacement. He's a fantastic actor too

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/6b/37/21/6b3721e8cb177e21905c4b3014a50c55.jpg

Just look at this guy. He'd make a good James Bond too

tontoz
04-05-2019, 05:25 PM
Bale set the bar pretty high for Batman. Anyone else stepping into that role needs to really bring it to get out of his shadow.

I liked WW. Gal Gadot is da bomb. I liked the Aquaman character but the movie was just ok. Way too much cgi and the plot was meh.

MaxFly
04-05-2019, 07:15 PM
Bale set the bar pretty high for Batman. Anyone else stepping into that role needs to really bring it to get out of his shadow.

I was fine with Bale as Bruce Wayne and generally ok with him as Batman throughout the three films, but I was disappointed in what seemed, at least for me, a lack of real physicality and menace. Of course, part of that was by design... Nolan wanted a somewhat grounded Batman that could possibly exist in the real world. But some of his fight scenes, especially in TDKR, were atrocious. His first encounter with Bane (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDuetklFtDQ) was poorly executed and his second encounter (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpw0ajm3_5k) was even worse, exacerbated by some of the terrible background fights. Again, not really Bale's fault, but the fight choreography often left a bad taste in my mouth.

I had a few technical issues with Affleck's Batman. The warehouse fight scene was great at most points, puzzling at a few points. I'd hope for a very good blend of the Bale and Affleck Batmen, tilting much more towards the Affleck Batman, because that guy would obliterate Bale's Bane.

bladefd
04-05-2019, 07:43 PM
I was fine with Bale as Bruce Wayne and generally ok with him as Batman throughout the three films, but I was disappointed in what seemed, at least for me, a lack of real physicality and menace. Of course, part of that was by design... Nolan wanted a somewhat grounded Batman that could possibly exist in the real world. But some of his fight scenes, especially in TDKR, were atrocious. His first encounter with Bane (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDuetklFtDQ) was poorly executed and his second encounter (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpw0ajm3_5k) was even worse, exacerbated by some of the terrible background fights. Again, not really Bale's fault, but the fight choreography often left a bad taste in my mouth.

I had a few technical issues with Affleck's Batman. The warehouse fight scene was great at most points, puzzling at a few points. I'd hope for a very good blend of the Bale and Affleck Batmen, tilting much more towards the Affleck Batman, because that guy would obliterate Bale's Bane.

Bane was very much overrated as a villain. The trailers built him up as this godlike figure that even batman would fear, but he felt so underwhelming when you saw the actual movie.

hold this L
04-05-2019, 07:48 PM
Bane was very much overrated as a villain. The trailers built him up as this godlike figure that even batman would fear, but he felt so underwhelming when you saw the actual movie.
How? He ran over everyone and everything until Batman finally beat him in the end.

coin24
04-05-2019, 08:12 PM

I thought they did a decent job with bane:confusedshrug:

bladefd
04-05-2019, 08:30 PM
How? He ran over everyone and everything until Batman finally beat him in the end.

He seemed just human in the end and nothing special.

I have no idea how the hell was the Bane we saw in the end be able to break Batman's back in first half of the movie.. I will admit Bane felt like 2 different people in typical Hollywood style -- in first arc, villain is so powerful that hero loses. In second arc, hero redeems himself & becomes so powerful that the villain shrinks into a puny midget unable to do anything. Hero wins in the end. :confusedshrug:

coin24
04-05-2019, 08:57 PM
He seemed just human in the end and nothing special.

I have no idea how the hell was the Bane we saw in the end be able to break Batman's back in first half of the movie.. I will admit Bane felt like 2 different people in typical Hollywood style -- in first arc, villain is so powerful that hero loses. In second arc, hero redeems himself & becomes so powerful that the villain shrinks into a puny midget unable to do anything. Hero wins in the end. :confusedshrug:

Bruce had just emerged from an 8 year basement dwelling, first fight back he takes on prime bane:oldlol:

Meticode
04-05-2019, 09:03 PM
DCEU rushed their stories and should've did some of the standalone movies before Justice League. Maybe should've done a standalone Batman at least.

Now that Affleck and Cavill are gone and they're going to recast them it just isn't the same. It takes you out of the moment.

Imagine RDJ doing Iron Man, Iron Man 2 and The Avengers, then they recast him. Just not the same.

Smook A.
04-05-2019, 11:37 PM
DCEU rushed their stories and should've did some of the standalone movies before Justice League. Maybe should've done a standalone Batman at least.

Now that Affleck and Cavill are gone and they're going to recast them it just isn't the same. It takes you out of the moment.

Imagine RDJ doing Iron Man, Iron Man 2 and The Avengers, then they recast him. Just not the same.
Affleck's Batman and Cavill's Superman aren't even close to as iconic as RDJ's Iron Man. There's been several Batmans and Supermans. There's only one Iron Man

Real Men Wear Green
04-05-2019, 11:48 PM
Shazam looks like a movie I would have liked when I was 12. I will watch it when it hits a cable statiton but I'm not going to the theater for it.

Affleck's Bat had no chance to ever equal the success of the Bale/Nolan movies. They knew this. Letting him go was for the best. We can't know what they try next but maybe they'll have a chance to reach the Bale/Nolan heights with someone new.

Real Men Wear Green
04-05-2019, 11:50 PM
Affleck's Batman and Cavill's Superman aren't even close to as iconic as RDJ's Iron Man. There's been several Batmans and Supermans. There's only one Iron Man
Certainly not on the Marvel level in general but the Cavill Superman series has potential. Hopefully they can get him to come back and make a few more, Man of Steel was a good movie.

coin24
04-06-2019, 04:09 PM

If they pump out a few more successful stand alones they can easily relaunch the batman series with a new Bruce.

I would steer clear from the justice league though, they don't need to copy marvel. That was a panic move

eliteballer
04-06-2019, 06:50 PM
Shazam looks like a movie I would have liked when I was 12.

Pretty much. It was ok, not great not bad.

Though with Wonder Woman, Aquaman(which I thought was terrific) and now this DC seems to be getting it together.

eliteballer
04-06-2019, 06:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zilw_SQUc3c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BJ1-trrgqc

This character has so much potential...actually outsold Superman comics during the Golden Age.

highwhey
04-06-2019, 07:23 PM
apparently the kid who plays Shazam is friends with Dbook. he was at the game last night and got interviewed by Suns sideline reporter cuz he’s close friends with Booker

interview: https://www.instagram.com/tv/Bv7Y6epn-Al/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=rhkqw5tisy2g

Booker even commented on that post

SpaceJam
04-07-2019, 05:29 AM
Actually a pretty good movie, I enjoyed it....

eliteballer
04-07-2019, 04:37 PM
Just saw Captain Marvel, definitely enjoyed Shazam a lot more.

red1
04-07-2019, 04:52 PM
Fun movie. Solid 7/10.

3d effect was very subtle and effective, gets better every time it seems.

MJistheGOAT
04-08-2019, 09:00 PM
I

Rocket
04-08-2019, 10:07 PM
The previews look absolutely terrible. The only good thing to come out of DC so far is Wonder Woman. The rest of them have been absolutely terrible starting with Man of Steel which was an absolute trainwreck and by far the worst Superman adaptation ever. I will not waste my money on Shazam.

eliteballer
04-08-2019, 11:25 PM
The previews look absolutely terrible. The only good thing to come out of DC so far is Wonder Woman. The rest of them have been absolutely terrible starting with Man of Steel which was an absolute trainwreck and by far the worst Superman adaptation ever. I will not waste my money on Shazam.
It

TheMan
04-09-2019, 02:51 AM
Much better than i expected. Me and my wife enjoyed it and the kids loved it.

Rocket
04-09-2019, 06:35 AM
[QUOTE=eliteballer]It