PDA

View Full Version : Paul Pierce on Wade

SpaceJam
04-05-2019, 10:54 PM
[QUOTE]"You give me Shaq! You give me LeBron! ... I'd be sitting on 5 or 6 championships."

305Baller
04-05-2019, 10:55 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

heh. Pierce was good. He had Garnett and Allen, not that far behind

AirBonner
04-05-2019, 10:56 PM
True. Pierce won with last healthy year Garnett. Literally one chance Pierce had and he capitalized. The Truth :applause:

Duncan21formvp
04-05-2019, 10:57 PM
He had Shaq and got to round 2. He had KG and only got one title.

AirBonner
04-05-2019, 10:59 PM
KG was healthy for one run

game3524
04-05-2019, 11:01 PM
Two dudes who should thank KG and LeBron for their current legacies.

Real Men Wear Green
04-05-2019, 11:08 PM
We have devolved to the point where we are intentionally presenting the dumbest arguments possible. You really think Shaq is Shaq averaging 9 points and 5 boards in 37 games? What will you say next, that Pierce was being a ballhog?

SpaceJam2
04-06-2019, 12:27 AM
We have devolved to the point where we are intentionally presenting the dumbest arguments possible. You really think Shaq is Shaq averaging 9 points and 5 boards in 37 games? What will you say next, that Pierce was being a ballhog?

Exactly. It was the same shit with 2010 Shaq on the Cavs for one year and haters screaming "LeBron had Shaq too!!"

In Boston it was a very sad event, even sadder than Shaq's one year in Cleveland

PP34Deuce
04-06-2019, 12:45 AM
Pp34 is one of my all time fav players.

He was a beast and had most of his prime years wasted after antoine Walker. Ainge sucked at building those Boston teams. Pierce enjoyed more media success when he was on the back 9 of his career

ImKobe
04-06-2019, 12:46 AM
Wade was by far a better player than Pierce...

Does Pierce win a championship in 2006 in Miami?

Heck, if you just replaced the two, Boston probably beats Miami in 2012.

SouBeachTalents
04-06-2019, 12:52 AM
Pierce definitely does not win a title with Shaq in '05 or '06

dbugz
04-06-2019, 12:52 AM
Pierce is LeBron's best rivalry though.

Don't @ me.

ImKobe
04-06-2019, 01:19 AM
Pierce is LeBron's best rivalry though.

Don't @ me.

Sonned Lebron twice in 3 years, made him quit on his hometown team :roll:

Mask the Embiid
04-06-2019, 01:38 AM
His 1st 10 years he had no one close to Shaq or LeBron

I can see why he thinks that.Wades 1st 10 years he had both.Just like if you replace Kobe with Tmac, he might have more rings.

could of should of would of tho...

SpaceJam2
04-06-2019, 01:51 AM
Sonned Lebron twice in 3 years, made him quit on his hometown team :roll:

'11? 12? 13? 14? 15? 16? :eek:

SpaceJam
04-06-2019, 02:09 AM
'11? 12? 13? 14? 15? 16? :eek:

Crazy how Pierce had no problem beating up a Bron Cavs team with Mo Williams as the 2nd in charge, but when Bron evened the playing field.....sheeeeeeeit

Also lol at dude saying Pierce sonned Bron in 2010....13.5ppg on 34% shooting? Than again, Kobe fan, ineffiecency is a positive to them?

https://pressboxperspectives.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/lebron-james-looking-like-tad.jpg

And lastly, this.

Pierce asks to guard LeBron James before a game and LeBron during that game, drops his playoff career high of 49 points on the Brooklyn Nets.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSy-zL1WsAAPePm.jpg

Phoenix
04-06-2019, 07:52 AM

1) KG, outside of his 2004 MVP year, was a first round loser or out of the playoffs until he joined Pierce and Boston. It's not as if he had some legacy of winning on his own accord. Obviously neither did Pierce, but at worst he'd have continued to put up big numbers and end up in the hall ringless. There's plenty of players around like that.

2) Wade had already won finals MVP/ring before Lebron joined the Heat. He'd have made the hall of fame whether he played with Bron or not and whether he won another title or not. How do we know? Because Tmac got in with 2 scoring titles while never knowing what the second round of the playoffs looked like. I'd go as far as to say Wade's personal legacy received very little enhancement playing alongside Lebron, since he was considered a sidekick for the 2012 and 2013 titles. The worst case scenario for not playing with Lebron is he'd have dragged the Heat to the playoffs (this is assuming the money spent on Lebron/Bosh isn't used to draw other noteworthy free agents) up till 2012 putting up 27/7/5, before the injuries really start to impact his production in the ensuing years.

kennethgriffen
04-06-2019, 07:58 AM
KG was healthy for one run

people always say "but KG got hurt and wasn't the same"

how many injuries was kobe dealing with

knee

groin

ankle

hand

finger

all at the same time

Nowitness
04-06-2019, 08:01 AM
people always say "but KG got hurt and wasn't the same"

how many injuries was kobe dealing with

knee

groin

ankle

hand

finger

all at the same time

Hard pressed to believe the validity of the claim. It just adds to the endless array of mythology Kobetards need to add to make Kobe a top 10 player.

Apart from the Achilles (what a disgusting moment that was playing up those free throws) I am skeptical on all other injuries.

kennethgriffen
04-06-2019, 08:13 AM
Hard pressed to believe the validity of the claim. It just adds to the endless array of mythology Kobetards need to add to make Kobe a top 10 player.

Apart from the Achilles (what a disgusting moment that was playing up those free throws) I am skeptical on all other injuries.

http://www.espn.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/10711/kobe-bryant-strained-right-groin-muscle

http://www.espn.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5405418

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/sports/Kobe-Fractures-Finger-79115932.html

http://www.espn.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=4893908

kennethgriffen
04-06-2019, 08:16 AM
that last link says he also had elbow and back issues that year

Hand
Knee
Ankle
Groin
Back
Elbow

jesus christ

dude couldn't even bend his index finger

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0417/la_g_kbryant2_sy_200.jpg

Wally450
04-06-2019, 09:44 AM

Trolling 9/10.

superduper
04-06-2019, 10:42 AM

What? Bran did nothing for Wade's legacy :lol

superduper
04-06-2019, 10:43 AM
http://www.espn.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/10711/kobe-bryant-strained-right-groin-muscle

http://www.espn.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=5405418

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/sports/Kobe-Fractures-Finger-79115932.html

http://www.espn.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=4893908

http://i.imgur.com/GpLtCWM.gif

SpaceJam2
04-06-2019, 10:46 AM
Crazy how Pierce had no problem beating up a Bron Cavs team with Mo Williams as the 2nd in charge, but when Bron evened the playing field.....sheeeeeeeit

Also lol at dude saying Pierce sonned Bron in 2010....13.5ppg on 34% shooting? Than again, Kobe fan, ineffiecency is a positive to them?

https://pressboxperspectives.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/lebron-james-looking-like-tad.jpg

Wrekt

And yes, apparently to Kobe fans if you have more skill you shoot a far lower FG% :lol

"You see what had happened was, my skill was so high, that my field goal percentage was low."

:biggums:

game3524
04-06-2019, 11:03 AM
1) KG, outside of his 2004 MVP year, was a first round loser or out of the playoffs until he joined Pierce and Boston. It's not as if he had some legacy of winning on his own accord. Obviously neither did Pierce, but at worst he'd have continued to put up big numbers and end up in the hall ringless. There's plenty of players around like that.

2) Wade had already won finals MVP/ring before Lebron joined the Heat. He'd have made the hall of fame whether he played with Bron or not and whether he won another title or not. How do we know? Because Tmac got in with 2 scoring titles while never knowing what the second round of the playoffs looked like. I'd go as far as to say Wade's personal legacy received very little enhancement playing alongside Lebron, since he was considered a sidekick for the 2012 and 2013 titles. The worst case scenario for not playing with Lebron is he'd have dragged the Heat to the playoffs (this is assuming the money spent on Lebron/Bosh isn't used to draw other noteworthy free agents) up till 2012 putting up 27/7/5, before the injuries really start to impact his production in the ensuing years.

KG was losing in the first round because he had below average teams and playing in the West. Put him in the East during those years and he gets pass the first round a couple times.

Even without the championship, KG would have gone down as a top 20-25 player. The ring helped him when it comes to being compared to guys like Barkley and Malone, but he was always a tier one star.

Pierce benefited more from the ring. He was always a tier two guy and was on a path towards irrelevance till Garnett showed up. He wasn't even seen as good as Vince Carter for a good portion of his prime.

As for Wade, yes he has 2006, but that is about it. His prime was very short and if LeBron doesn't man up and ball out in 2012 and 2013, no one would be saying Wade is "3rd greatest shooting guard".

Manny98
04-06-2019, 11:06 AM
Wade couldn't even get past the first round without a Bron or a Shaq by his side :roll:

SouBeachTalents
04-06-2019, 11:07 AM
Wade couldn't even get past the first round without a Bron or a Shaq by his side :roll:
He did that shit his rookie year :oldlol:

Then again in 2016

ArbitraryWater
04-06-2019, 12:07 PM
Pierce is delusional.

Not sure if he even could have offered the help Wade gave in 2012

ImKobe
04-06-2019, 01:37 PM

Wade was a game away from the ECF a few years ago, and that's without Bosh and with Whiteside injured..

SpaceJam
04-06-2019, 02:12 PM
This @paulpierce34 thing is wrong on many obvious levels but what I find most troublesome is this idea of a man trying to diminish another man that looks like him, was raised like him, in order to shine a tad brighter. Shit isnt entertaining, it's sad. ❤ & ��good people
- Gabrielle Union

I hate NBA wives, it really ain’t that deep

TheCorporation
04-06-2019, 02:16 PM

Shut. it. down.

TheCorporation
04-06-2019, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=SpaceJam]- Gabrielle Union

I hate NBA wives, it really ain

paksat
04-06-2019, 02:42 PM
do you ever take a second to look in the mirror and realize both your mom and dad failed so miserably hard?

bizil
04-06-2019, 02:43 PM
D Wade was SIMPLY on another level than Pierce!!! GOAT wise and peak-prime wise! When it comes to great scoring, passing, defending, and freak athletic ability as a package, MJ, Bron, Mamba, and Wade is the MT. RUSHMORE for perimeter players! That's what level D Wade is on!! GOAT wise, a top 4 SG ever. Peak-prime wise, top 3 SG ever!!

When it comes to Pierce, he's a top 10 GOAT SF. But peak-prime wise, i'm NOT SURE Pierce is a top 10 SF of all time. U got Bron, Bird, KD, G Hill, Doc, Baylor, Barry, Hondo, King, and Nique off the top of my head. I consider T Mac a SG. But some consider him a SF. And NO WAY IN HELL was Pierce better than T Mac either. All these guys were more dominant players. So I would rank Pierce top 12 at best peak-prime wise among SF's.

But Pierce's mark will be having a top 5 scoring skillset ever at the SF. I'll give him that. And from there, not really having any weaknesses in his game. Just wasn't as dominant as the other guys I named! But he simply wasn't on D Wade's level!

Phoenix
04-06-2019, 03:12 PM
1)KG was losing in the first round because he had below average teams and playing in the West. Put him in the East during those years and he gets pass the first round a couple times.

Even without the championship, KG would have gone down as a top 20-25 player. The ring helped him when it comes to being compared to guys like Barkley and Malone, but he was always a tier one star.

Pierce benefited more from the ring. He was always a tier two guy and was on a path towards irrelevance till Garnett showed up. He wasn't even seen as good as Vince Carter for a good portion of his prime.

As for Wade, yes he has 2006, but that is about it. His prime was very short and if LeBron doesn't man up and ball out in 2012 and 2013, no one would be saying Wade is "3rd greatest shooting guard".

The argument isn't about whether Garnett or Pierce is the greater player or tier of talent, or who benefited more from the ring. That's not a debate. Garnett may or may not have had a little more success in the east, but surrounded by similarly mediocre talent isn't getting him past the Pistons of the early/mid 2000s. It's not getting him past the Wade/Shaq Heat. Garnett needed a pair of closers on the only teams he enjoyed success with, the 2004 Wolves with Spreweell and Cassell and those Celtics squads with Pierce and Allen. He was a transcendent 'swiss army' knife talent with GOAT caliber team defensive quarterbacking. He wasn't the type you could ride offensively through an entire playoff run because he wasn't that kind of scorer. If he was say, as potent on offense as Dirk was, with those defensive gifts and well.....that's an entirely different animal. All that to say, sticking Garnett in the east with average players maybe gets him to the second round, versus being a first round casualty most years out west. He's not considered any more or less a winner making it one extra round so again, the legacy of being a winner wouldn't have been there regardless. His reputation as one in the grand totality of his career started in Boston....ditto for Pierce once that team formed( and Ray for that matter).

The thing is, Wade 'only' having 2006 is enough on its own when you factor in that he had several other HOF level seasons. Again, Tmac didn't have the longest prime either. In fact, the bulk of his reputation was built off the 2003 season. He was never nearly that good again, yes due to injury, but that's how the ball bounces. Tmac was a star from 2001 to 2008 in terms of being considered elite, without anything to show for it but a bunch of first round losses( and I loved Tmac at his apex, but that's the truth of his career). I use him as a gauge only to show you what the HOF standard is in basketball. Wade on the strength of 2006, and everything surrounding that year up to when Lebron joined.....eclipsed anything Tmac did. His 2009 season was better on both sides than the season Tmac's rep is mostly built on, a singularly spectacular 2003 campaign. Wade was elite from his second season through 2012, with a 'tail end' prime year in 13 but that's when the injuries really started affecting him. Worse players were in the hall for doing less and finally, Wade winning sidekick rings with Lebron isn't what jumpstarted discussions about his ranking in the shooting guard hierarchy. Those conversations were already well underway before he won with Lebron. His PERSONAL legacy didn't get a big boast from sidekick titles. Hell, you have people here, admittedly morons, who give Wade shit for taking a secondary role to Lebron and trivializing his contributions. Again, moronic and very few things said on ISH should carry any real world weight but still, generally speaking Lebron garnered the lions share of credit for the back to back titles. Wade doesn't get the due he deserves for both his contributions and sacrifices towards those championships.

ArbitraryWater
04-06-2019, 03:24 PM
[QUOTE=SpaceJam]- Gabrielle Union

I hate NBA wives, it really ain

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-06-2019, 03:24 PM
This clown thinks he's better than everyone.

:oldlol:

I don't even like that arrogant cheeseball, Wade, but he had the better prime AND peak. Pierce had better longevity. Arguably. And that's really it.