PDA

View Full Version : I didn't realize how injured the 2001 Sixers finals team was...

iamgine
04-06-2019, 01:51 PM
Like...serious injuries to their starters.

Eric Snow - broken ankle
Aaron Mckie - right ankle chip fracture
George Lynch - broken bone
Dikembe Mutombo - broken finger

Also Iverson had a phletora of injuries that he had to miss one game of the conference finals.

They were so injured in the finals they played a rookie who only joined the NBA 2 months prior pretty major minutes.

Smoke117
04-06-2019, 04:26 PM
Should have never been in the finals to begin with. Bucks got one of the biggest screwjobs in NBA history.

FreezingTsmoove
04-06-2019, 04:52 PM
Should have never been in the finals to begin with. Bucks got one of the biggest screwjobs in NBA history.

Another retard take by the community clown :roll:

Smoke117
04-06-2019, 05:06 PM

...that's a pretty common opinion by any knowledgeable NBA fan who was watching basketball back then you fukking moron. Look I'm talking to, though. Nuff said.

The irony of calling me the community clown is hilarious when there is not one person here who respects anything you have to say about basketball. People may not like me, but they know I know basketball at least. You're just a joke.

game3524
04-06-2019, 05:31 PM
Yeah, they were a Mash unit by the end of the playoffs.

Funny thing is Ratliff breaking his wrist was the worst injury of the bunch since that lead to the Mutumbo trade. The team was actually better with Theo over Deke. They were on pace to win 60+ games prior to the trade and they also lost Kukoc in that trade and he was their best perimeter shooter.

AirTupac
04-06-2019, 05:33 PM
...that's a pretty common opinion by any knowledgeable NBA fan who was watching basketball back then you fukking moron. Look I'm talking to, though. Nuff said.

The irony of calling me the community clown is hilarious when there is not one person here who respects anything you have to say about basketball. People may not like me, but they know I know basketball at least. You're just a joke.

Literally everyone here thinks you're an alcoholic fetal syndrome retard who just spouts useless garbage. Its absolutely hilarious that you think you know any idea of what basketball is. Sit down clown.

Also to add to OP. So what youre saying is the East has been so easy to cruise through to get to the finals since the 2000's? I mean that says a lot.

The Iron Fist
04-06-2019, 05:34 PM

Which series did serious basketball fans consider the real finals then?

game3524
04-06-2019, 05:41 PM
Which series did serious basketball fans consider the real finals then?

People thought LA/SA was going to be a legendary series then LA destroyed and exposed them and that was the end of that.

In hindsight, the Sixers were the second best team that year. The first three games of the finals were highly competitive and they had a real chance of stealing both games. It was honestly the only competitive series the Lakers played in that year.

Smoke117
04-06-2019, 05:48 PM
Literally everyone here thinks you're an alcoholic fetal syndrome retard who just spouts useless garbage. Its absolutely hilarious that you think you know any idea of what basketball is. Sit down clown.

Also to add to OP. So what youre saying is the East has been so easy to cruise through to get to the finals since the 2000's? I mean that says a lot.

Ironic that another idiot that has nothing anybody respects basketball wise to say responds. You are probably an even bigger joke than he is.

FreezingTsmoove
04-06-2019, 05:58 PM
Ironic that another idiot that has nothing anybody respects basketball wise to say responds. You are probably an even bigger joke than he is.

The board degenerate talking about respect, youre the biggest retard on this board and it isnt even close :lol Anytime you give an actual basketball opinion no one even bothers to reply because you dont know shit about the game :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
04-06-2019, 06:00 PM

everyone knows/says that :wtf: :hammerhead:

eliteballer
04-06-2019, 06:15 PM
Every player is injured in one way or another that late into the season..and they wouldn't have even been in the Finals if Mourning and Grant Hill weren't out.

kennethgriffen
04-06-2019, 06:19 PM
somehow i doubt a fully healthy sixers team stands a chance anyway

the lakers had already steamrolled/swept the first 3 rounds

if anything had the sixers been healthy and made it to the finals quicker the lakers likely go undefeated because then they wouldn't have gotten out of rhythm waiting 2 weeks to play another game

Manny98
04-06-2019, 06:27 PM
Damm so 4 of Kobes rings have asterisks attached to them

01 - Sixers team riddled with injurys

02 - that Sacramento series was rigged

09 - KG got injured so the Lakers avoid the Celtics in the finals

10 - Perkins got injured

4 asterisks yikes

AirTupac
04-06-2019, 07:53 PM
The board degenerate talking about respect, youre the biggest retard on this board and it isnt even close :lol Anytime you give an actual basketball opinion no one even bothers to reply because you dont know shit about the game :oldlol:

Its actually hilarious. This guy is a legit piece of shit loser and he thinks he has ANY godamn merit to talk? Sit down you garbage :oldlol:

MrFonzworth
04-06-2019, 08:55 PM
You're a dumbass:roll:

GS is closest to Seattle right? Know how to read a map before calling anyone out fakkit:roll:

JBSptfn
04-07-2019, 09:10 AM

10 - Perkins got injured

4 asterisks yikes

Also, Portland choked away the 00 WCF to them, and the Rockets got screwed by the refs in their 09 WCSF matchup with the Lakers.

kennethgriffen
04-07-2019, 09:37 AM

10 - Perkins got injured

4 asterisks yikes

1. kobe won 3 of his 5 titles playing with major injuries

2. sacramento shot more free throws for the series

3. bynum and ariza were injured in 08

4. ditto to 1 and 3

Real14
04-07-2019, 09:38 AM
Also, Portland choked away the 00 WCF to them, and the Rockets got screwed by the refs in their 09 WCSF matchup with the Lakers.

12- lockout, 1st round key knicks injured, rigged ECF, missed call at end of game 2 in finals vs OKC

13- rigged series with knicks vs Pacers, ray Allen shot while Duncan on bench

16- Draymond green suspended cuz he said bron was a bitch, Batman kyrie hit clutch shot to win finals.

NBASTATMAN
04-07-2019, 06:06 PM

10 - Perkins got injured

4 asterisks yikes

2000 Duncan was out and he was the main reason they won the title the prior year.. He swept Shaq and Kobe in 1999.. If he was healthy the Lakers def dont win a title.. They barely made it past the Kings in the first round..

NBASTATMAN
04-07-2019, 06:09 PM
12- lockout, 1st round key knicks injured, rigged ECF, missed call at end of game 2 in finals vs OKC

13- rigged series with knicks vs Pacers, ray Allen shot while Duncan on bench

16- Draymond green suspended cuz he said bron was a bitch, Batman kyrie hit clutch shot to win finals.

:facepalm

Knicks sucked no matter what........ If Boston had an injury or even Indiana I would agree.. But the Lakers best competition had key injuries every season they won a title..

2000 duncan
2001 Anderson was the second leading scorer for Spurs and didnt play, Sixers team was decimated with injuries..
2002 peja and refs

2009 kg
2010 Perkins and refs in 4th quarter gave lakers over20 free throws to win game..

kennethgriffen
04-07-2019, 06:10 PM
2000 Duncan was out and he was the main reason they won the title the prior year.. He swept Shaq and Kobe in 1999.. If he was healthy the Lakers def dont win a title.. They barely made it past the Kings in the first round..

that was mainly a coaching win IMO

the lakers had a rookie head coach ( kurt rambis )

the lakers were twice as good with a real offensive/defensive philosophy after phil/tex got control

it made shaq twice as effective. and kobe didn't become the black mamba killer/closer till the 2000 playoffs

NBASTATMAN
04-07-2019, 06:10 PM

Rockets lost that game 7 .. That was fair imo.. Portland was robbed though.. Not one whistle on at least 4 fouls in that 4th quarter.

NBASTATMAN
04-07-2019, 06:12 PM
that was mainly a coaching win IMO

the lakers had a rookie head coach ( kurt rambis )

the lakers were twice as good with a real offensive/defensive philosophy after phil/tex got control

it made shaq twice as effective. and kobe didn't become the black mamba killer/closer till the 2000 playoffs

Yet they barely got past THE KINGS IN 2000 .. They would have lost vs the Spurs and Duncan.. No doubt.. The lakers in 88 also got the biggest call to win that title as well..

SpaceJam2
04-07-2019, 06:12 PM
Its actually hilarious. This guy is a legit piece of shit loser and he thinks he has ANY godamn merit to talk? Sit down you garbage :oldlol:

Are you talking about yourself....Or? :confusedshrug:

Because that is literally what everyone thinks about you.

kennethgriffen
04-07-2019, 06:13 PM
:facepalm

Knicks sucked no matter what........ If Boston had an injury or even Indiana I would agree.. But the Lakers best competition had key injuries every season they won a title..

2000 duncan
2001 Anderson was the second leading scorer for Spurs and didnt play, Sixers team was decimated with injuries..
2002 peja and refs

2009 kg
2010 Perkins and refs in 4th quarter gave lakers over20 free throws to win game..

you could probably do this with every single championship team... the chances of every top player having a stacked fully healthy team all year is very unlikely

a lot of luck goes into every title for every championship team

and the leagues been extending series to make money for as long back as i can remember. if people think the 2002 kings series was the only one then you guys obviously don't watch a lot of basketball

kennethgriffen
04-07-2019, 06:14 PM
Yet they barely got past THE KINGS IN 2000 .. They would have lost vs the Spurs and Duncan.. No doubt.. The lakers in 88 also got the biggest call to win that title as well..

in a 5 game series just giving up 2 wins means you came close to being eliminated. and they were obviously an up and coming team. hence them being the lakers biggest challenge the next 2 seasons in a row