PDA

View Full Version : Mitchell Robinson has never heard of Hakeem Olajuwon

Smook A.
04-08-2019, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE]

jlip
04-08-2019, 01:26 PM
While he should probably be at least aware of who one of the greatest centers in NBA history is, I'm not that shocked. The article below mentions how Giannis did not know that Jason Kidd, who was his coach at the time, had been a good NBA player until after Kidd benched him one game, and he decided to do some research on his phone.

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/01/03/giannis-antetokounmpo-milwaukee-bucks-jason-kidd

Ben Simmons 25
04-08-2019, 01:37 PM
Markelle Fultz, Lonzo Ball, Jason Tatum & etc didn't know who David Stern was so this is not surprising to me... the same David Stern who had been in position for damn near 30 years and had only been retired for a few years prior to them entering the draft...

It seems like the guys growing up in today's game have zero interest in the history of the game other than to just mindlessly say "MJ = GOAT" even though MJ was finished playing before they were even an itch in their dads' nutsacs and they've literally not watched a single solitary game MJ ever played in... probably not even on NBA TV reruns.

Phoenix
04-08-2019, 02:27 PM
:facepalm

'Kids these days'

GreatHILL
04-08-2019, 03:22 PM
im not surprised skinny jeans era never gives a shit about the history

Norcaliblunt
04-08-2019, 03:40 PM
This is why the NBA should require a two year degree in basketball before entering the league. With at least 2 semesters of basketball history.

imdaman99
04-08-2019, 03:50 PM
:lol so he doesn't watch the old gen, not a big deal. Blockness monster has a little bit Capela in him but he has more blocking ability. Once he figures out how to stay out of foul trouble, he will be a great piece to surround KD/Zion/Kyrie.

And1AllDay
04-08-2019, 04:30 PM
Markelle Fultz, Lonzo Ball, Jason Tatum & etc didn't know who David Stern was so this is not surprising to me... the same David Stern who had been in position for damn near 30 years and had only been retired for a few years prior to them entering the draft...

It seems like the guys growing up in today's game have zero interest in the history of the game other than to just mindlessly say "MJ = GOAT" even though MJ was finished playing before they were even an itch in their dads' nutsacs and they've literally not watched a single solitary game MJ ever played in... probably not even on NBA TV reruns.

:applause:

SouBeachTalents
04-08-2019, 05:42 PM

Who gives a shit about David Stern. Wouldn

HoopologyPhD
04-08-2019, 05:54 PM
I have not heard of Mitchell Robinson.

bison
04-08-2019, 05:56 PM
That's kinda sad. I was thinking about which players retired when I was 4. Apparently Dr. J was one of them, and I already knew about Dr. J by the time I was really into the NBA around 7th or 8th grade. How do you make the NBA and not know who Hakeem is? Do basketball FANS love the sport differently than the actual players?

Smook A.
04-08-2019, 06:00 PM
:lol so he doesn't watch the old gen, not a big deal. Blockness monster has a little bit Capela in him but he has more blocking ability. Once he figures out how to stay out of foul trouble, he will be a great piece to surround KD/Zion/Kyrie.
I mean you don't really have to watch the old gen to know who some of the all-time greats were. This guy is a big-man who plays in the NBA and has never heard of Hakeem. That's just sad, and it's not like Hakeem retired 40 years ago or something.

My guess is that Mitchell was always a fan of playing basketball but not much of a watcher growing up

iamgine
04-08-2019, 06:07 PM
If you think about it, it's normal. Why would they know about all these stuff, especially at that age?

smoovegittar
04-08-2019, 08:09 PM
By all appearances, Money Mitch doesn't need to know about Hakeem.

Knick Future. :pimp:

Draz
04-08-2019, 08:33 PM
While he should probably be at least aware of who one of the greatest centers in NBA history is, I'm not that shocked. The article below mentions how Giannis did not know that Jason Kidd, who was his coach at the time, had been a good NBA player until after Kidd benched him one game, and he decided to do some research on his phone.

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/01/03/giannis-antetokounmpo-milwaukee-bucks-jason-kidd
Wtf? He never watched basketball at all?