View Full Version : 1st round of the playoffs is gonna be dog shit

1987_Lakers
04-11-2019, 12:48 AM
Warriors vs Clippers
Nuggets vs Spurs
Blazers vs Thunder
Rockets vs Jazz

Seriously??:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Dumbass Blazers just screwed us from a potential great first round matchup between Houston and OKC.

UK2K
04-11-2019, 12:50 AM
Rockets and Jazz have been rivals for years.

Ask any Rocket fan... no love for the Jazz.

4pointshot
04-11-2019, 12:51 AM
Warriors vs Clippers
Nuggets vs Spurs
Blazers vs Thunder
Rockets vs Jazz

Dumbass Blazers just screwed us from a potential great first round matchup between Houston and OKC.

First round matchups usually are lopsided. What's notable this year is that two best teams in the West meet before the CF, and whoever makes it to the ECF, two of the top contenders in that conference also won't be there.

AngelEyes
Warriors vs Clippers
Nuggets vs Spurs
Blazers vs Thunder
Rockets vs Jazz

OKC has been playing like shit and George's shoulder is ****ed up. Just because OKC beat Houston the other day doesn't mean a playoff series would be competitive.

UK2K
Houston will be the 4 seed.

Wins by DEN and POR made it so.

1987_Lakers
Houston dropped to the 4 seed. They will be playing the Warriors in the 2nd round.

The WCF will be the best team in the West vs a pretender that shouldn't be there. Nice job NBA.

hold this L
04-11-2019, 01:01 AM
**** you Kings. Bums that get blown by 30 in the second half.

Duncan21formvp
04-11-2019, 01:02 AM
This is good, now G.S has to deal with Houston in round 2 and then another legit team in the WCF.

Proctor
04-11-2019, 01:04 AM
Rockets vs Jazz >>>> Rockets vs Thunder (very overrated matchup)

Loco 50
04-11-2019, 01:15 AM
Rockets vs Jazz >>>> Rockets vs Thunder (very overrated matchup)
F' yeah, lots of bad blood.

Besides what does OP know, he's still waiting on that WCF appearance from the Lolakers. :banana:

Also remember him saying the Lackers were better than the Spurs too.

What happened? :confusedshrug:

How many W's we getting against the Nuggets, Proctor?

kav23
04-11-2019, 01:19 AM
East first round is just as bad:

Milwaukee vs. Detroit
Boston vs. Indiana
Toronto vs. Orlando
Philadelphia vs. Brooklyn

RoseCity07
04-11-2019, 01:21 AM
A playoffs with no Lebron is already better than anything anyone could hope for. ESPN won't be able to talk about him every ****ing night.

BigShotBob
04-11-2019, 01:21 AM

Milwaukee vs. Detroit
Boston vs. Indiana
Toronto vs. Orlando

What an awful first round. Might skip that entirely.

RRR3
04-11-2019, 01:23 AM

Milwaukee vs. Detroit
Boston vs. Indiana
Toronto vs. Orlando
Boston Pacers would be a great series if Olaipo was healthy. Man it sucks he went down.

Celtics 1825
04-11-2019, 01:24 AM
I feel like the playoffs will be way more interesting next year once KD leaves the Warriors and we have actual balance again.

MJistheGOAT
04-11-2019, 01:29 AM
Nah.

Rockets vs Jazz: Nice rivalry, Utah is better this year, they might give Houston some problems.

Spurs vs Nuggets: It

Proctor
04-11-2019, 01:30 AM

Besides what does OP know, he's still waiting on that WCF appearance from the Lolakers. :banana:

I remember that too. :oldlol:

I got the Spurs in 6 or 7, broski. I fear the homecourt and depth of the Nuggets a bit, but they are inexperienced.

As long as they can keep Malik fvcking Beasley from going bananas again, and their other former G-Leaguers in check...:cheers: And you, good sir?

Loco 50
04-11-2019, 01:37 AM
I remember that too. :oldlol:

I got the Spurs in 6 or 7, broski. I fear the homecourt and depth of the Nuggets a bit, but they are inexperienced.

As long as they can keep Malik fvcking Beasley from going bananas again, and their other former G-Leaguers in check...:cheers: And you, good sir?
6 or 7? :djparty Let's freaking go.

If they're gonna take it, I think it's gotta be 6. No way they win a game 7 on the road in the Pepsi Center the way they've been playing on the road. Hope I'm wrong.

I just hope we're smart enough to run shit through Aldridge and let him feast on Jokic. I like that matchup.

I don't need DeRozan thinking he needs to take shit over....:facepalm That's my nightmare.

We got Big Balls Belli to show DeRozan how it's done. :pimp:

1987_Lakers
04-11-2019, 01:39 AM

We were never the same after LeBron got injured, but I'm not gonna use that as an excuse, I was wrong. I actually have the Spurs winning in the 1st round so best of luck.

Proctor
04-11-2019, 01:43 AM
6 or 7? :djparty Let's freaking go.

If they're gonna take it, I think it's gotta be 6. No way they win a game 7 on the road in the Pepsi Center the way they've been playing on the road. Hope I'm wrong.

I just hope we're smart enough to run shit through Aldridge and let him feast on Jokic. I like that matchup.

I don't need DeRozan thinking he needs to take shit over....:facepalm That's my nightmare.

We got Big Balls Belli to show DeRozan how it's done. :pimp:
Yep, bingo.

I'm fine with Derozan and actually have sufficient trust in him, but unless he's on fire, don't really need him trying to play hero in the last few minutes of a game, especially in Denver. I can just imagine the impossibly contested midrange faders now.

Aldridge is going in hot and can absolutely feast on Jokic. Bertans has found the range again. Belli is gawd. Forbes has been stroking it. I'm optimistic. :banana:

Loco 50
04-11-2019, 01:44 AM
We were never the same after LeBron got injured, but I'm not gonna use that as an excuse, I was wrong. I actually have the Spurs winning in the 1st round so best of luck.
:cheers: That was classy sir.

I have to disagree with you though, in that I feel like the Lakers record was fool's gold prior to the injury. Regardless, we'll never know the true answer.

kav23
04-11-2019, 01:46 AM
If the playoffs were Top 16, these would be the first round matchups:

1. Milwaukee vs. 16. Detroit
8. Utah vs. 9. Boston
4. Denver vs. 13. Los Angeles Clippers
5. Portland vs. 12. San Antonio
2. Toronto vs. 15. Orlando
7. Philadelphia vs. 10. Oklahoma City
3. Golden State vs. 14. Brooklyn
6. Houston vs. 11. Indiana

Are any of these first round matchups better than the ones we got?

Celtics 1825
04-11-2019, 01:47 AM

8. Utah vs. 9. Boston

Boston vs Utah and Philly vs OKC would be good, otherwise no

Duncan21formvp
04-11-2019, 01:48 AM

8. Utah vs. 9. Boston

Portland vs SA, Utah vs Boson and Philly vs OKC are the best.

Loco 50
04-11-2019, 01:48 AM
Yep, bingo.

I'm fine with Derozan and actually have sufficient trust in him, but unless he's on fire, don't really need him trying to play hero in the last few minutes of a game, especially in Denver. I can just imagine the impossibly contested midrange faders now.

Aldridge is going in hot and can absolutely feast on Jokic. Bertans has found the range again. Belli is gawd. Forbes has been stroking it. I'm optimistic. :banana:
Yes, seen him get blocked way too often now when he forces it in crunch time and then look to the refs for help. Other than that, yeah, let him do his thing.

Latvian Laser and Belli gonna shine. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Hope to see the reemergence of Patty Mills too.

NZStreetBaller
04-11-2019, 01:49 AM
Nah its gonna be dope you know how rigged the nba is these days. The goal is to push every series to a game 7. More games equal more dollars.

You just watch. The past 5 years we've seen more playoff games than in any other 5 season stretch in history

thefatmiral
04-11-2019, 01:52 AM
Giannis vs blake should be swell
Jazz vs rockets, with all the hype for harden getting his 2nd mvp back to back . It's a good test.
Spurs vs nugs, it's what all the spurs fan wanted as a match up

RRR3
04-11-2019, 01:53 AM
:cheers: That was classy sir.

I have to disagree with you though, in that I feel like the Lakers record was fool's gold prior to the injury. Regardless, we'll never know the true answer.
I don’t think it was fools good. LeBron doesn’t necessarily need much to be competitive when he’s healthy and engaged.

brownmamba00
04-11-2019, 01:59 AM
Blazers vs Okc will be cool to watch. Lillard will come out firing after last year's dud...you just know Westbrook can't guard him...PG will have his hands full with CJ...Kanter vs his old team...

Yeah we had worse than this

Gougou
04-11-2019, 02:04 AM
Nuggets vs Spurs (This one will be fun to watch, Gregg will pull a miracle if he win this series)
Blazers vs Thunder (I think Thunders sweep them regular season, so they might do well against them. George/Weskbrook too deadly)
Rockets vs Jazz (Rockets might win, good rivalry I like to see)
Warriors vs Clippers (eww)

Bucks vs Pistons (Meh Bucks will win)
Celtics vs Pacers (I think Brad Stevens will adjust the team in the postseason, Celtics will be better positioned, would be insane if Celtics lose this series)
76ers vs Nets (This is actually fun, young 76ers vs young Nets team, it is going to be intense)
Raptors vs Magic (I will support my hometown team so this is the series I want to watch the most)

4pointshot
04-11-2019, 02:58 AM
Round 1 schedule:

https://sports.yahoo.com/2019-nba-playoffs-the-full-schedule-for-all-eight-firstround-matchups-062744654.html

Game 1's:

Saturday 4/13
Nets at Sixers 2:30 PM (all ET)
Magic at Raptors 5 PM
Clippers at Warriors 8 PM
Spurs at Nuggets 10:30 PM

Sunday 4/14
Thunder at Blazers 3:30 PM
Pacers at Celtics 3:30 PM
Pistons at Bucks 7 PM
Jazz at Rockets 9:30 PM

Not sure if Blazers and Celtics times are correct, as I wouldn't have thought two games would begin at the same time.

RoseCity07
04-11-2019, 03:01 AM
Anfernee Simons is responsible for eliminating the Rockets in the second round.:oldlol:

yeaaaman
04-11-2019, 03:26 AM

8. Utah vs. 9. Boston

Not really no, not for the extra travel the few East-West criss-cross matches would have to go through. The series are fine as is

yeaaaman
04-11-2019, 03:32 AM
Round 1 schedule:

https://sports.yahoo.com/2019-nba-playoffs-the-full-schedule-for-all-eight-firstround-matchups-062744654.html

Game 1's:

Saturday 4/13
Nets at Sixers 2:30 PM (all ET)
Magic at Raptors 5 PM
Clippers at Warriors 8 PM
Spurs at Nuggets 10:30 PM

Sunday 4/14
Thunder at Blazers 3:30 PM
Pacers at Celtics 3:30 PM
Pistons at Bucks 7 PM
Jazz at Rockets 9:30 PM

Not sure if Blazers and Celtics times are correct, as I wouldn't have thought two games would begin at the same time.

Boston plays Indy at 1pm

https://ca.nba.com/news/nba-playoffs-2019-first-round-schedule-times-dates-location-where-to-watch-eastern-western-conference/c73f2q8aiic51tcxlxv8zw9li

ArbitraryWater
04-11-2019, 04:29 AM
This is good, now G.S has to deal with Houston in round 2 and then another legit team in the WCF.

What does the WCF stage change about the state of the team?

That team will be just as unfit facing the Warriors in the WCF as it would be in the WCSF.

It's the Warriors and Rockets. No one else.

I would have prefered a WCF between them, the only plus here being there is less time for the Rockets to tire out/injure themself (Paul).

RRR3
04-11-2019, 04:31 AM
What does the WCF stage change about the state of the team?

That team will be just as unfit facing the Warriors in the WCF as it would be in the WCSF.

It's the Warriors and Rockets. No one else.

I would have preceded a WCF between them, the only plus here being there is less time for the Rockets to tire out/injure themself (Paul).
Yeah but Paul was still a top 10 player and superstar last season. Now he

dbugz
04-11-2019, 04:44 AM
I actually like the seeding more.

Atleast the boring Clippers are going up against the Warriors which will make it at least a bit entertaining.

Rocket Jazz is going to be really good.

ArbitraryWater
04-11-2019, 04:46 AM
I feel like the playoffs will be way more interesting next year once KD leaves the Warriors and we have actual balance again.

O rly?

Rudeboy3
04-11-2019, 04:53 AM
A playoffs with no Lebron is already better than anything anyone could hope for. ESPN won't be able to talk about him every ****ing night.
Lmao, they'll still find a way to talk about him, it's espn