PDA

View Full Version : Should Kobe Coach The Lakers Next Season?

selrahc
04-12-2019, 12:11 AM
He could teach LeBron a thing or two about playing for the leagues toughest and best franchise :confusedshrug:

LukeWalton
04-12-2019, 01:56 AM
No. He'd inherit a mess and damage his legacy.

Lakers need to decide if they want to build up to the future with youngsters, or contend with Lebron and vets.

PickernRoller
04-12-2019, 02:02 AM
They ain't contending with Lebron no way it's spun so that should be an easy choice now that Bran's boy (Magic) is out.

And no. What Kobe should do is push behind the scenes to get Phil to be the Lakers new GM. The Bran situation will get fixed ASAP.

baudkarma
04-12-2019, 02:41 AM
Three questions:

Will Kobe be voted into the Basketball HOF?

Can you name someone who made the HOF as a player who enjoyed even moderate success as an NBA head coach or general manager?

What makes you think Kobe would be any different?

Real Men Wear Green
04-12-2019, 07:25 AM
He has no experience coaching on any level so I'm completely for this. Unfortunately he probably does not want to.
Can you name someone who made the HOF as a player who enjoyed even moderate success as an NBA head coach or general manager?
Tom Heinsohn

Loco 50
04-12-2019, 07:54 AM
Kobe coaching the Lakers is about the only way the Lakers could top the show they put on this year.

I could not dream up a better outcome. :yaohappy:

SouBeachTalents
04-12-2019, 09:48 AM
Three questions:

Will Kobe be voted into the Basketball HOF?

What makes you think Kobe would be any different?
Bill Russell won b2b titles as the Celtics coach, and I thought Bird did very well in Indy