PDA

View Full Version : what if kobe went to the east and missed the playoffs averaging 35/5/5

kennethgriffen
04-12-2019, 06:30 PM
and even with a "pulled groin" came back 1 game out of the 8th seed and averaged 40ppg the rest of the way while losing to teams like the knicks, phoenix, memphis, new orleans without AD, atlanta etc... falling back 10+ games out of the playoffs then quitting the season

people would say kobe was a bum with empty stats. his style hurts his team, he doesn't make others better, he's holding back kuzma and ingram etc...

but with lebron in this exact same situation its the coaches fault, its magics fault, its jeanies fault, its the lack of shooters to bail him out.

and yes kobe missed the playoffs in 2005. but he wasn't sitting on zero accomplishments out west. and he didn't go the rest of his career with zero accomplishments out west.

if lebron continues to suck farts like this in the west his legacy is RUINED. it will expose him as a leastern conference manifestation

kennethgriffen
04-12-2019, 06:39 PM
https://i.ibb.co/jyQ3SMT/BIL-KOBE-50-STREAK.jpg

seriously though.. who would be impressed by this

who takes pride in putting up godly roided numbers and losing

FKAri
04-12-2019, 06:55 PM
:biggums:

https://i.ibb.co/jyQ3SMT/BIL-KOBE-50-STREAK.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/fRqjqMwd/3.jpg

LAmbruh
04-12-2019, 06:56 PM
wouldn't have been unusual

Kobe had 6 seasons where Lakers were sub <500 vs East

on top of an already disturbing 6-16 vs Lebron's pediatric teams

Kobe's career on a Hornets or Pacers would have turned out like Tmacs, possibly worse

StrongLurk
04-12-2019, 08:26 PM
It would mean Kobe is a great player on a bad team

RRR3
04-12-2019, 08:34 PM
You would have thrown one of your patented tantrums on here.

plowking
04-13-2019, 03:31 AM
Kobe missed the playoffs in his prime with Caron Butler and Lamar Odom.

34-24 Footwork
04-13-2019, 05:49 AM

In a conference where the Suns led with league with 62 wins.

By the way, whatever happened to "games missed due to injury" being a legit excuse? Odom missed 18 games.

Kobe missed 16 games that season. Or do you just have a higher standard for Kobe, in general?

...Or maybe you just weren't watching basketball back then...

maybe you don't watch basketball at all...

34-24 Footwork
04-13-2019, 05:57 AM
I, too, often wonder how the greatness of Kobe wasn't able to propel the likes of a PRIME Chucky Atkins and Chris Mihm in a conference of the Suns, Spurs, Mavericks, and Sonics in 16 games :lol :lol

Is there anyone on this forum that actually...I don't know...watches basketball and has watched since at least 2000?

kennethgriffen
04-13-2019, 06:07 AM

like i said in the OP. it doesn't matter because nobodies saying kobe can't win out west dumby

and when they subtracted butler they immediately made the playoffs

if the lakers dumped kuzma or ingram and they made it next year i'd completely write this past season off as a fluke

but what if they miss it again... or they ADD talent ... then its the new addition whos responsible for their success