PDA

View Full Version : Is Roman Reign being PC about fighting Ronda Rousey?

Jameerthefear
04-15-2019, 12:51 AM
Roman Reigns on If Ronda Rousey could beat him In a Real Fight: "She's going to chop my arms off me. If she gets a hold of one, she going to break that thing. I think I can take a punch from her but she would snap my arm like a twig."

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/04/roman-reigns-on-if-ronda-rousey-could-beat-him-in-a-fight-653085/

Who would win ISH?

NumberSix
04-15-2019, 02:32 AM
Ronda would win. The other guy isn’t even a fighter.

It’s like asking, who would win a boxing match. A pro female boxer or a dude that doesn’t box.

Ronda would get rocked by any dude that’s a trained fighter though. The worst male UFC fighter would destroy the best female fighter.

dude77
04-15-2019, 02:49 AM
joke thread right ? 5'7" 134 lb female vs. 6'3" 265 lb male

Bawkish
04-15-2019, 03:02 AM

ikr

that size differential alone clearly says it all. I mean even an ordinary guy who had at least involved any kind of street fights most of their youth with that size would obviously crush Roussey.

DaHeezy
04-15-2019, 03:09 AM
[QUOTE=NumberSix]Ronda would win. The other guy isn

Brujesino
04-15-2019, 03:27 AM
Well hes not wrong.

If she grabs of hold of his arm shes gonna snap it he doesnt know judo or or jiu jitsu but if they are just throwing punches he can take her punches for sure but she wont be able to take punches from a man that big.

Kblaze8855
04-15-2019, 06:25 AM
Seems fairly reasonable. He said he could take a punch from her but she could hurt him grappling. Not impossible. That isnt really a strength issue as much as one might think. Ive seen women training MMA against men and its not as lopsided as one might think. And both sides had some degree of training. Im 100% sure a top MMA male destroys a top female....but a top female vs some guy? Never know.

That said...

This is the same guy who told Conor on twitter that he was the size of his leg and he could take him when he was talking shit about being able to beat anyone in the WWF. Considering that? He probably is lying about his true feelings on the issue.

DaHeezy
04-15-2019, 07:34 AM
Seems fairly reasonable. He said he could take a punch from her but she could hurt him grappling. Not impossible. That isnt really a strength issue as much as one might think. Ive seen women training MMA against men and its not as lopsided as one might think. And both sides had some degree of training. Im 100% sure a top MMA male destroys a top female....but a top female vs some guy? Never know.

Ummm...no

TJ Dillishaw is about the same height and lighter than Rousey. He's an ELITE level wrestler. He would have a difficult time against a man 6'3 and 265 pounds. TJ would MURDER Rousey. She couldn't fluke lock up TJ. It would be next to impossible for her to do anything to Roman.

Kblaze8855
04-15-2019, 08:31 AM
TJ would murder rousey. And hed also murder an untrained 265 pound guy. Its a 265 pound trained guy that would be a problem. Small guys who know what they are doing are still taking apart big guys. Even big guys who can fight at times. An elite wrestler would do whatever he wanted with a big shitty fighter.

DaHeezy
04-15-2019, 08:35 AM
TJ would murder rousey. And hed also murder an untrained 265 pound guy. Its a 265 pound trained guy that would be a problem. Small guys who know what they are doing are still taking apart big guys. Even big guys who can fight at times. An elite wrestler would do whatever he wanted with a big shitty fighter.

That's besides the point. The point is Rousey has 0 chance

Kblaze8855
04-15-2019, 09:19 AM
If it

Prometheus
04-15-2019, 10:22 AM
He would elbow a crater into her skull.

DaHeezy
04-15-2019, 12:46 PM
If it’s besides the point why are we even talking about what world class men would do with world class women? I thought we were talking what a world-class woman could do with a guy who doesn’t know what they’re doing.

Be one thing if we were talking about kickboxing or something where she would have to hurt him. You can win a competition with a choke or arm bar on someone who comes out unscathed. And I assume he would come out unharmed regardless of the outcome.

Because you claimed Rousey would have a chance to break his limb and she doesn't. I'm saying she has zero chance. You were just switching the narrative.

I'm saying is she would stand no chance against Dillishaw. Dillishaw would have trouble with Roman (I didn't say Dillishaw would lose). That's a fact. Any guy with fighting experience knows over 100 lbs and 8 inches who is well conditioned is going to be a problem. I've been a bouncer at busy nightclubs in downtown Vancouver. I'm about 5'9 185 and trained in MMA. I know how hard it is to subdue a bigger momo. Even at 6'0 220.
We're talking 6'3 265lb conditioned man. So forget about it.
So quit talking out our ass and making assumptions. Rousey couldn't hurt Roman on her best day.

red1
04-15-2019, 12:49 PM
that classless bitch has a glass jaw and an even more fragile ego. better not to get involved.

god bless my girl holly holmes two-pieced that bitch like it was nothing. I still laugh when I watch it :roll:

Kblaze8855
04-15-2019, 01:09 PM
You realize what I said is literally right there right? I didn’t say she would break his limbs I said it’s not impossible he could be hurt by her grappling but he could take her punches.

And we aren’t talking about you trying to subdue anyone. We are talking a world class fighter and Olympic gold medalist in judo.

If you think trained women can’t hang with untrained men grappling go watch them do it at mma schools. The difference between skilled and unskilled in a combat sport is hard to overstate. I learned real fast when I tried to box actual boxers. I’ve been out wrestled by guys way smaller than me too.

A woman? No. I do know a girl who does mma and wants me to train with her(same girl who snowboards if you remember that). She trains with men and woman. I’m sure I could take her though she thinks otherwise....but she isn’t world class.

I’ve seen trained women put in work. I knew a girl who was MP who came back and became loss prevention in retail and she is a beast. Girl looks like Wonder Woman and walks like a soldier. A woman trained to leave that natural female softness behind can be a problem. Especially in a competition. A fight to the death or something?

I’d lean more towards the male without rules.

dude77
04-15-2019, 01:55 PM
rowdy ronda definitely has a chance at breaking roman's arm

https://media1.giphy.com/media/hHHxWQlxX9VYc/source.gif

CelticBaller
04-15-2019, 02:38 PM
Number 6 is an idiot lmao

I would body an 5 foot 1 MMA fighter if it was a she. My muscle mas, strength and speed is too much for her

DaHeezy
04-15-2019, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]You realize what I said is literally right there right? I didn

Kblaze8855
04-15-2019, 04:12 PM
Whats funny to me is how many posters tell me im arrogant for not accepting that the truth is what they say it is when their only explanation is that they believe it.

Think what you want. You thinking it doesnt actually make you right. I dont think my opinions are automatically right nor do I expect others to see why I think what I do....which is why I explain things so thoroughly.

I explain my entire thought process so you understand where im coming from. Then you pop in with "Look...im right. Youre defeated" and im the arrogant one who thinks hes always right? Who even talks like that? "You clearly have been defeated"? Do you people even have real life conversations?

I used to think I was oddly combative but the more time I spent on ISH...im more willing to bend than most of you. The number of times someone tells me something like "Im ****ing right. Period! You cant change that!" is amazing. And its literally never a matter of fact. Just...what someone thinks.

You'd figure id be the one telling people things like that when im supposed to be the implacable one. I talk to you like id talk to someone at the supermarket. Yall come in here on some battle shit like its a competition acting weird as hell.

"Im right! You cant change that! Accept defeat!" and so on.

Its like...shit. Go get some koolaid or something and a lunchable. Its not that serious.

tontoz
04-15-2019, 04:20 PM
Rhonda has to take someone down to do anything to their arm. I don't see her taking down a guy who is athletic and 260.

She has no striking ability either. The only way she can hurt someone is to take them down and it is hard for girl to take down a guy that outweighs her by a huge amount.

red1
04-15-2019, 04:30 PM
[QUOTE=NumberSix]Ronda would win. The other guy isn

CelticBaller
04-15-2019, 05:51 PM
Number 6 is an idiot lmao

I would body an 5 foot 1 MMA fighter if it was a she. My muscle mas, strength and speed is too much for her
add my girth in there too, forgot about it

Prometheus
04-15-2019, 06:13 PM
Whats funny to me is how many posters tell me im arrogant for not accepting that the truth is what they say it is when their only explanation is that they believe it.

Think what you want. You thinking it doesnt actually make you right. I dont think my opinions are automatically right nor do I expect others to see why I think what I do....which is why I explain things so thoroughly.

I explain my entire thought process so you understand where im coming from. Then you pop in with "Look...im right. Youre defeated" and im the arrogant one who thinks hes always right? Who even talks like that? "You clearly have been defeated"? Do you people even have real life conversations?

I used to think I was oddly combative but the more time I spent on ISH...im more willing to bend than most of you. The number of times someone tells me something like "Im ****ing right. Period! You cant change that!" is amazing. And its literally never a matter of fact. Just...what someone thinks.

You'd figure id be the one telling people things like that when im supposed to be the implacable one. I talk to you like id talk to someone at the supermarket. Yall come in here on some battle shit like its a competition acting weird as hell.

"Im right! You cant change that! Accept defeat!" and so on.

Its like...shit. Go get some koolaid or something and a lunchable. Its not that serious.

Your broader point here is right, but still... you ever watch Shaq box Oscar or grapple Forrest? You ever watch Mountain spar with Conor McGregor? Granted, these are slightly more extreme size discrepancies, but at least they're all men.

If you're giving up 9 inches and 120 pounds and a Y-chromosome? To a very well-conditioned professional athlete at that? Yeah you're probably just f*cked.

Brujesino
04-15-2019, 06:14 PM
No. She could not hurt him in any way possible. No chance. No scenario you can type out can change that.

It's funny and irritating at the same time how you keep on with discussions you clearly have been defeated in.
You really dont think an olympic judo player could armbar and break a mans arm if he doesnt know shit about grappling and how to defend against it. It doesnt matter how big he is or strong hes gonna bend that bone and snap it.

Kblaze8855
04-15-2019, 06:55 PM
At a certain strength level you could prevent it its just hard to see what that would be. You see things like 40 year old Royce tapping out a guy with a 350 pound size advantage:

https://youtu.be/iMW7CJ6KlkQ?t=314

On the other hand...there were fights he tapped a guy out and had to go to the hospital while the other guy was fine.

He won....but got hurt bad. Other guy just had to tap.

And thats two real fighters...one just being master on the ground.

IF a man had the will power to just not tap he could tear a skilled woman half his size apart. Tapping really is mostly mental. Some guys just wont quit.

She could get straight Rampage jackson powerbombed out of some arm bars vs a man.

tontoz
04-15-2019, 07:06 PM
You really dont think an olympic judo player could armbar and break a mans arm if he doesnt know shit about grappling and how to defend against it. It doesnt matter how big he is or strong hes gonna bend that bone and snap it.

How is she going to do that when he is standing up? She damn sure isn't going to able to take down a 260 pound athletic man. That is just plain nuts.

She had to set up her takedowns against women her own size. She was never able to even get her hands on Nunes without getting destroyed.

tpols
04-15-2019, 07:13 PM
man some of yall are crazy... i do wonder what the skill guys limit is. Is rousey beating an untrained rikishi or andre the giant?

At what point do you concede extreme physics?

tontoz
04-15-2019, 07:16 PM
Does anyone really believe that Ronda can take down this guy?

https://www.newshub.co.nz/dam/form-uploaded-images/RomanReigns_1120_WWE.jpg

:roll:

Kblaze8855
04-15-2019, 07:22 PM
Ronda vs a man who doesnt know what hes doing when neither of them are serious:

https://youtu.be/h_yIBubQ-H4?t=249

Granted...thats no Roman. I can see what Roman means far as her getting to an arm. But it would have to be something like that and hed have to just tap. Shes not likely to kick his ass or whatever.

tpols
04-15-2019, 07:26 PM
if roman reigns grabbed one of her forearms with both hands and just... lifted up, he could have her dangling in the air. itd probably dislocate her shoulder. but its a dick move.

Kblaze8855
04-15-2019, 07:27 PM
Does anyone really believe that Ronda can take down this guy?

You mean like...beat him? Or have him end up on the ground somehow?

I feel like if you were around a lot of fights coming up you would know people end up on the ground out of nowhere. Fights up up with both people on the ground with neither of them knowing what their doing even when one is a well built jock type.

Its quite easy to be tripped. Go wrestle a 10 year old who knows the bent knee trick and he might have you fall. A real fighter knows how to stay off the ground. A big guy who goes to the gym? Never know.

Being on the ground doesnt even mean youre hurt.

tontoz
04-15-2019, 07:29 PM
Ronda vs a man who doesnt know what hes doing when neither of them are serious:

https://youtu.be/h_yIBubQ-H4?t=249

Granted...thats no Roman. I can see what Roman means far as her getting to an arm. But it would have to be something like that and hed have to just tap. Shes not likely to kick his ass or whatever.

LOL that guy wasn't much bigger than her, and he was talking to the camera while she was wrapping him up.

He wasn't trying to punch her in the face either.

tontoz
04-15-2019, 07:35 PM
You mean like...beat him? Or have him end up on the ground somehow?

I feel like if you were around a lot of fights coming up you would know people end up on the ground out of nowhere. Fights up up with both people on the ground with neither of them knowing what their doing even when one is a well built jock type.

Its quite easy to be tripped. Go wrestle a 10 year old who knows the bent knee trick and he might have you fall. A real fighter knows how to stay off the ground. A big guy who goes to the gym? Never know.

Being on the ground doesnt even mean youre hurt.

Irrelevant. In street fights guys are primary worried about punches, not trips or takedowns.

Any guy going up against Ronda knows she will try to take him down. She is no threat to any guy on her feet.

Ronda isn't taking down a 260 pound pro wrestler.

Kblaze8855
04-15-2019, 07:37 PM
And she wasnt trying to gouge his eyes out. Its clearly not a fight.

The training ive been around didnt have many strikes at all. Little teaching strikes. Instructor punching people in the nose so they learn to keep their guards up. But not like...fighting fighting.

Kblaze8855
04-15-2019, 07:43 PM
Irrelevant. In street fights guys are primary worried about punches, not trips or takedowns.

Any guy going up against Ronda knows she will try to take him down. She is no threat to any guy on her feet.

Ronda isn't taking down a 260 pound pro wrestler.

You think in a real world situation a guy in some situation to fight Ronda for real is thinking of the tactical situation and her attempting to take him down?

Or are you talking about an MMA fight?

And Roman...is a 260 pound football player and actor.

Id put a lot of the smaller guys way over him in such a situation. Dolph Ziggler is like 220....but an actual college wrestler. Kurt Angle....real wrestler.

You or I could probably get Roman Reigns on the ground no matter if we could "kick his ass" or not. Go to a golds gym. There are 18 guys like Roman walking around who cant fight.

Real wrestlers would be the problem.

tontoz
04-15-2019, 07:49 PM
And she wasnt trying to gouge his eyes out. Its clearly not a fight.

The training ive been around didnt have many strikes at all. Little teaching strikes. Instructor punching people in the nose so they learn to keep their guards up. But not like...fighting fighting.

What does eye gouging have to do with anything?

He was the one joking and looking at the camera while they were locked up. Ronda wasn't. His resistance was minimal, and he was maybe 170 pounds.

I bet there are plenty of ISH posters that would kick Ronda's ass in the ring because she has no striking. She has to close distance to get a hold for a takedown and that isn't easy against a guy that can punch. I have seen some pretty small guys who can punch really hard.

Amanda Nunes would be a different story. She can hit hard, as Ronda and Cyborg found out.

I remember Gina Carano talking about sparring with her bf. She was just taking it easy on him and he finally talked her into going hard. She did, and busted him up.

kennethgriffen
04-15-2019, 07:51 PM
rousey could hiptoss/judo throw any man without mma training and have him in an armbar within seconds

most of the strength in the maneuver is in the legs and they're more powerful than romans arm/elbow.

https://asset-sports.abs-cbn.com/web/media/articles/1437546330_rousey-armbar.jpg

Kblaze8855
04-15-2019, 07:54 PM
What does eye gouging have to do with anything?

He was the one joking and looking at the camera while they were locked up. Ronda wasn't. His resistance was minimal, and he was maybe 170 pounds.

I bet there are plenty of ISH posters that would kick Ronda's ass in the ring because she has no striking. She has to close distance to get a hold for a takedown and that isn't easy against a guy that can punch. I have seen some pretty small guys who can punch really hard.

Amanda Nunes would be a different story. She can hit hard, as Ronda and Cyborg found out.

I remember Gina Carano talking about sparring with her bf. She was just taking it easy on him and he finally talked her into going hard. She did, and busted him up.

I

tontoz
04-15-2019, 08:00 PM
You think in a real world situation a guy in some situation to fight Ronda for real is thinking of the tactical situation and her attempting to take him down?

Or are you talking about an MMA fight?

And Roman...is a 260 pound football player and actor.

Id put a lot of the smaller guys way over him in such a situation. Dolph Ziggler is like 220....but an actual college wrestler. Kurt Angle....real wrestler.

You or I could probably get Roman Reigns on the ground no matter if we could "kick his ass" or not. Go to a golds gym. There are 18 guys like Roman walking around who cant fight.

Real wrestlers would be the problem.

Whether or not he can fight isn't the issue. The only way Ronda could possibly beat him in a fight is to take him down and he isn't going down unless he wants to.

Even if she does take him down i doubt she could do anything to him.

As a side note i see Robert Irvine occasionally at the gym i go to. Ronda isn't taking him down either:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5b4023e5d274cb6e5108c34f/t/5b4dd7a78a922d2666e3e1f1/1531828423598/Robert+Irvine.jpg

tontoz
04-15-2019, 08:07 PM
I’m not betting on an untrained ish poster vs a gold medalist and mma champion in a ring setting with rules and all that.

Street fight? Different story.

That’s a discussion.

MMA rules include punches to the face. Ronda can't defend those for crap. She got away with it for awhile fighting girls who couldn't punch.

FYI she became a champion simply because they started calling her a champion. The UFC just created a division and dubbed her the champion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbQsgjBxnyo

Kblaze8855
04-15-2019, 08:30 PM
I

Jameerthefear
04-15-2019, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]I

tontoz
04-15-2019, 08:42 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]I

Brujesino
04-15-2019, 08:54 PM
How is she going to do that when he is standing up? She damn sure isn't going to able to take down a 260 pound athletic man. That is just plain nuts.

She had to set up her takedowns against women her own size. She was never able to even get her hands on Nunes without getting destroyed.
She can jump on his back, trip the legs, pull guard theres so many other ways to take someone down.

in a grappling match she can for sure end up tapping him 100%

Brujesino
04-15-2019, 08:58 PM
That is true. You are making up a strawman instead of addressing the actual topic.

A big, ripped athlete isn't going to get taken down by a girl he outweighs by 50-100 pounds.

I never said guys don't end up on the ground in fights against OTHER GUYS. You are just pretending I said that so you can pretend you are making sense.

Yes they will

dude77
04-15-2019, 08:59 PM
I thought this was settled already after that whole rousey mayweather nonsense .. and here we are .. still have retards claiming a 5'7" chick is a threat to a 6'3" male beast .. christ .. some of you must be on crack

tontoz
04-15-2019, 09:00 PM
She can jump on his back, trip the legs, pull guard theres so many other ways to take someone down.

in a grappling match she can for sure end up tapping him 100%

At least you had the sense to say "grappling match" which doesn't allow punches. If it wasn't for that i would have thought you were completely nuts.

dude77
04-15-2019, 09:04 PM
even grappling .. she has no shot .. he'll just overpower her .. it's like an adult fighting a child

Brujesino
04-15-2019, 09:05 PM

At least you had the sense to say "grappling match" which doesn't allow punches. If it wasn't for that i would have thought you were completely nuts.
well if its a fist fight this is easy roman kills her.

If its a grappling match she can bodylock,trip a leg , pullguard and yes she can easily submit him since he more then likely has no idea what to do when defending submissions.

If its a street fight where anything goes roman wins

NumberSix
04-15-2019, 09:06 PM
I don't know man. I think you're underselling the substantial size difference not to mention dudes are just stronger even at a similar or slightly smaller size.

That shit she does to other girls won't fly when her opponent can take a punch and dish it back twice as hard.
Right, but you

dude77
04-15-2019, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=NumberSix]Right, but you

PistonsFan#21
04-15-2019, 09:38 PM
If Ronda somehow managed to get him on the ground (which is very unlikely because she has a glass jaw and would get rocked trying to get anywhere close to him) this would be the outcome:

https://media.giphy.com/media/QH0Zzg1hL30Bi/giphy.gif https://i.redd.it/1v2fsdsobb101.gif

Roman Reign obviously being Rampage in that gif. Pure raw strength

Brujesino
04-15-2019, 09:55 PM
If Ronda somehow managed to get him on the ground (which is very unlikely because she has a glass jaw and would get rocked trying to get anywhere close to him) this would be the outcome:

https://media.giphy.com/media/QH0Zzg1hL30Bi/giphy.gif https://i.redd.it/1v2fsdsobb101.gif

Roman Reign obviously being Rampage in that gif. Pure raw strength
Again are we talking a street fight?

Because its a grappling match #1 her glass jaw means nothing #2 that slam and any other slams are illegal

PistonsFan#21
04-16-2019, 11:08 AM
Again are we talking a street fight?

Because its a grappling match #1 her glass jaw means nothing #2 that slam and any other slams are illegal

We're talking about a fight here as mentionned in the title and the first post of the thread...make it a street fight or MMA fight, Ronda just gets destroyed if Roman doesnt hold back

dunksby
04-16-2019, 11:19 AM
Are we really doing another Ronda Rousey vs another man thread? After how the one with Mayweather and LeBron ended up?

Didn't that ***** ass bitch run away ****ing WWE after she was humiliated in the octagon?

tontoz
04-16-2019, 11:34 AM
Ronda competed at 135 pounds so she is probably 150-155 walking around and people think she can take down an athletic 260 pound guy.

Some guys have been watching too many movies.

stalkerforlife
04-16-2019, 04:17 PM
Any man that thinks a woman can beat a man in a fight has never been in a fight and was probably bullied by girls when they were young and never recovered mentally.

I am a fat out of shape loser and I would beat any woman with one hand.

Rousey can't even beat the best women.

This is pathetic.

tontoz
04-16-2019, 07:11 PM
Any man that thinks a woman can beat a man in a fight has never been in a fight and was probably bullied by girls when they were young and never recovered mentally.

I am a fat out of shape loser and I would beat any woman with one hand.

Rousey can't even beat the best women.

This is pathetic.

Umm....no. There are women who are complete fighters and bigger than Ronda who i would bet heavily could kick your ass.

stalkerforlife
04-16-2019, 10:17 PM
Umm....no. There are women who are complete fighters and bigger than Ronda who i would bet heavily could kick your ass.

Not a f ucking chance.

Pathetic statement.

Stop projecting your insecurities onto me.

Prometheus
04-16-2019, 10:31 PM
Justin I could kick your ass. You're a joke.

stalkerforlife
04-16-2019, 11:48 PM
Justin I could kick your ass. You're a joke.