PDA

View Full Version : Lakers shortlist Tyronn Lue, Monty Williams, and Juwan Howard for Head Coach position

STATUTORY
04-15-2019, 09:27 AM
https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-tyronn-lue-monty-williams-lakers-coaching-interviews-20190414-story.html

https://media.giphy.com/media/26gJyn3amIsjsPWuc/giphy.gif

Am I sensing a pattern?

Haymaker
04-15-2019, 09:30 AM
All ex-players. All black. :confusedshrug:

Bron likes his coaches black for some reason.

Bimbo Coles
04-15-2019, 10:09 AM
All rubbish. Get Dave Joerger in there. But we all know LAbron would veto it.

MoBe1Kanobi
04-15-2019, 11:46 AM
All rubbish. Get Dave Joerger in there. But we all know LAbron would veto it.
Dave Joerger is asscheeks

Real Men Wear Green
04-15-2019, 12:17 PM
James runs the team, it is what it is. What makes the situation suck for LA is that they are doing this for a lesser version of James. Id this was 2016 and he was the superstar that could take the Muppet Babies to the ECF it was worth it to surrender all control and make him happy because even if he created a crap roster he took responsibility and made the team win anyway. But this Laker James isn't doing that any more. He rests all game on defense which sets a poor example for teammates and makes him a bad leader because you just can't talk to teammates about hustle and playing hard when you're jogging. And the Lakers aren't some small market that needs him to sell tickets. Lakers should go with one of these guys if they feel like they're the best candidate for the job but the days of letting James run your team should be over.

Dray n Klay
04-15-2019, 12:20 PM
Where are the white coaches?

Bimbo Coles
04-15-2019, 12:22 PM
Dave Joerger is asscheeks Who you got?

brownmamba00
04-15-2019, 12:41 PM
I'll take Monty. He's a decent coach for a young team. He has some playoff experience as a HC.

Not a great x&o's guy but his teams always play consistent defense throughout the season. On all accounts a good person aswell.

bobopenguin
04-15-2019, 12:42 PM
seems someone puts colour ahead of everything else..

FireDavidKahn
04-15-2019, 12:47 PM
Not a super impressive list

2 lackeys in Lue and Howard (neither could pull rank on LBJ) and Monty who has had some success but at least he is very respected.

FireDavidKahn
04-15-2019, 12:52 PM
Dave Joerger is asscheeks
Huh?

The improvement from last year to this year was incredible. Last year they scored 98.8 points a game (30th) and this year they scored 114.2 points a game (9th). Improved from 27 wins to 39 wins. He also had good results in Memphis.

Certain not an elite coach but he's a good coach.

AirTupac
04-15-2019, 12:57 PM
They say LeBron isn't racist and has never had a good coach. I wonder why...

AirTupac
04-15-2019, 12:58 PM
Huh?

The improvement from last year to this year was incredible. Last year they scored 98.8 points a game (30th) and this year they scored 114.2 points a game (9th). Improved from 27 wins to 39 wins. He also had good results in Memphis.

Certain not an elite coach but he's a good coach.

Yeah thats why he's had a falling out with multiple FO's and has known to be a snake. Great coach indeed you godamn retard :oldlol: :oldlol:

ballinhun8
04-15-2019, 01:05 PM
Come on Jeanie......he's not worth the headache to do all this anymore

Dray n Klay
04-15-2019, 01:05 PM
Yeah thats why he's had a falling out with multiple FO's and has known to be a snake. Great coach indeed you godamn retard :oldlol: :oldlol:

Shut your racist ass up fool

superduper
04-15-2019, 01:08 PM
Shut your racist ass up fool

For once I agree with you

AirTupac
04-15-2019, 01:10 PM
For once I agree with you

LOL WHAT. How is that racist? Are you braindead? :roll: :roll: :roll:

FireDavidKahn
04-15-2019, 01:41 PM
He got results without the aid of any superstars.

Next you're going to claim that George Karl wasn't a good coach or maybe rick Adelman wasn't a good coach.

bladefd
04-15-2019, 02:44 PM
Is this the BEST they can do? I feel ashamed that they are even considering Lue or Howard... Clearly would be a LeBron hire. What a joke.

This is the LAKERS we are talking about. We can get almost anyone from ncaa and probably anyone from Popovich's coaching staff, who we know would be good especially if Pop trusts them. Why the hell are we even considering average coaches like Lue or unexperienced unknowns like Howard? Monty Williams is okay but we can do much better.. It's a joke..

Hell,, I would rather have Mark Jackson as coach than Lue/Howard certainly, maybe Williams too..

Overdrive
04-15-2019, 03:12 PM
Why the hell are we even considering average coaches like Lue or unexperienced unknowns like Howard?

Because Lebron doesn't want to be coached. Especially by team first coaches that come out of the Pop system.

It worked when he was far away the best player in the league, but this is a thing of the past. Although he's still one of the more impactful guys, teams won't win on his game alone anymore. A coach that could integrate Lebron's talent and skills into a system would be much needed, but why should he allow that? It might kill his stats.

superduper
04-15-2019, 03:20 PM
Because Lebron doesn't want to be coached. Especially by team first coaches that come out of the Pop system.

It worked when he was far away the best player in the league, but this is a thing of the past. Although he's still one of the more impactful guys, teams won't win on his game alone anymore. A coach that could integrate Lebron's talent and skills into a system would be much needed, but why should he allow that? It might kill his stats.

The fact that people cannot comprehend this is amazing.

Imagine Bran having to play within a system which would minus his reb/ast per game averages by like 3 each and his ppg by like 5ppg. You think LeCheckMy$tats would stand for that?!

HELLL NAW.

You think LeJenner would allow anybody except himself to get credit for anything?

HELLLL NAW.

Overdrive
04-15-2019, 03:53 PM

Imagine Bran having to play within a system which would minus his reb/ast per game averages by like 3 each and his ppg by like 5ppg. You think LeCheckMy$tats would stand for that?!

HELLL NAW.

You think LeJenner would allow anybody except himself to get credit for anything?

HELLLL NAW.

His ppg could rise in the right system. Atleast back in the day they could. I think his apg would suffer the most.

kennethgriffen
04-15-2019, 04:24 PM
every time i call out lebron for his racism my threads get deleted

yet he admitted he was racist growing up, race baits and gets white guys traded/fired all the time

:lol

dazzer87
04-15-2019, 04:33 PM
Hopefully the new black coach will keep "White Boy Wednesday Practice Day."

Overdrive
04-15-2019, 04:33 PM

yet he admitted he was racist growing up, race baits and gets white guys traded/fired all the time

:lol

Guys like Mike Miller, Kyle Korver, Big Z, etc?

PickernRoller
04-15-2019, 10:58 PM
I still wonder if fam member 34-24 still in denial.... all "coincidence".... :coleman:

SpaceJam2
04-15-2019, 10:59 PM

HELLL NAW.

HELLLL NAW.

meltdown

No Sir
04-15-2019, 11:04 PM

https://disqus.com/by/disqus_Re964DUbIN/