PDA

View Full Version : So.....Westrbook has averaged a triple double the last 3 straight seasons....

ClipperRevival
04-17-2019, 12:55 AM
....yet has failed to win 50 games in any of these seasons and failed to get out of the 1st round despite having PG for 2 of them and Adams for all 3? He has to be the emptiest stat player EVER. :yaohappy:

Smoke117
04-17-2019, 12:57 AM
Water is wet. You can't win anything if he is your first or 2nd best player. He's just too stupid to have that much control over the game if you are going to accomplish something.

AirTupac
04-17-2019, 12:59 AM
If he got 3 more rebounds, OKC would have won

warriorfan
04-17-2019, 01:00 AM
Westbrook blows. He

imdaman99
04-17-2019, 01:01 AM
At least he didn't go 1-9

Proctor
04-17-2019, 01:01 AM
It's amazing to me that he seems to have a terrible shooting performance just about every game and gets no criticism for it because of how hard he plays and his triple double shtick.

He is a terrible decision maker and very often shoots horribly from the field. Good luck winning with that formula.

305Baller
04-17-2019, 01:05 AM
Maybe hes tired. Needs BioFreeze.

SamuraiSWISH
04-17-2019, 01:11 AM
Yea he’s overrated AF.

As you would know if you knew what you were watching with him.

The triple double stat line itself in general is overrated.

Dame Dolla has more actual basketball skill, craftiness, intelligence and nuance ... and is daddy dicking Westbitch.

Dude bricks the vast majority of his field goal attempts and is still ringing up hollow meaningless stats for his trip dub fetish as he continues to get outplayed by the likes of rookie Mitchell, Dame, and McCollum in consecutive seasons.

He’s a loser of the same ilk as the former Mr Triple Double, the Big O. LeBron would be in that class too but his other worldly athleticism, size, steroids and passing ability at least allowed him to win 3 chips as his team’s best player.

Bron’s jumper looks like god damn Larry Bird or Ray Allen compared to Westbrick.

Westbrick plays on the superior talented team as well. Portland missing one of their top three players no less. And he’s still taking beat downs. Westbitch’s own teammate was in MVP talks and he can’t win.

ClipperRevival
04-17-2019, 01:16 AM
WB is just way too ineffcient, too much of a bad shot taker and turns it over too much for him to ever win a title as "the man." And since he has no off ball game, he isn't gonna help much as a 2nd or 3rd option.

Seriously, what a joke. A guy averages a triple double for 3 straight seasons and can't top 50 wins in any of them and can't get out the 1st round. You can't make this stuff up. And not like he didn't have help either. Pure stat padder.

imdaman99
04-17-2019, 01:24 AM
This dumbass thinks the series is over. Jordan stans :facepalm

knicksman
04-17-2019, 01:24 AM
It's amazing to me that he seems to have a terrible shooting performance just about every game and gets no criticism for it because of how hard he plays and his triple double shtick.

He is a terrible decision maker and very often shoots horribly from the field. Good luck winning with that formula.

thats the beauty of being a statpadder. Youll get no blame from statnerds.

knicksman
04-17-2019, 01:25 AM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Yea he

Rico2016
04-17-2019, 01:26 AM
At least he didn't go 1-9

https://i.postimg.cc/2jPHTQ5t/OoOoo.gifhttps://i.postimg.cc/2jPHTQ5t/OoOoo.gif

Rico2016
04-17-2019, 01:28 AM
thats the beauty of being a statpadder. Youll get no blame from statnerds.

Wjy don't the Knicks "ring chase" if it's so easy :lol

Are the Knicks ring runners instead of ring chasers?

:roll: :roll:

knicksman
04-17-2019, 01:31 AM
Wjy don't the Knicks "ring chase" if it's so easy :lol

Are the Knicks ring runners instead of ring chasers?

dumb trolls need multiple alts to win.

ClipperRevival
04-17-2019, 01:34 AM
This dumbass thinks the series is over. Jordan stans :facepalm

So we gonna crown this dude if he gets to the 2nd round and gets eliminated? :yaohappy:
That triple double doe. Seriously, what good are all these stats if it doesn't translate to winning? Especially when you have a legit top 5ish player when he's hitting on all strides and a great 3rd option? WHY DA F*CK DO YOU PLAY THE GAME? YOU PLAY TO WIN!

ClipperRevival
04-17-2019, 01:36 AM

Lodi Dodi
04-17-2019, 02:12 AM
This just shows how overrated his triple double stats are, especially in this era. The most important aspects of basketball are scoring points at pivotal moments of games, playing defense, ball control, and having skillsets that result in your teammates playing toward their strengths.

Whats the point of getting double digit rebounds when you're basically stealing them away from Center Steven Adams, who's only really useful defensively and getting rebounds. Can you imagine how much offense can be created if Russ would let his big man get the rebound and receive an outlet pass to initiate a fast break?

Winning is what matters. As a star player this means using your skillsets to mask the deficiencies of your teammates, which many times doesn't show up in the statline. But the most important stat is scoring points when the game is on the line, or putting the game away.

Can you imagine how stupid it would be for Jordan to fight for rebounds against Rodman and Longley? :lol
Why would Kobe try to out-rebound Shaq?
Why would Curry try to force assists in a free-flowing offense?

The list goes on. The best players try to get their offense going at the highest capacity even if it means sacrificing their own stats. Having players that are capable of handling the ball and creating their own offense standing at the 3 point line with 2 seconds to shoot isn't what makes winning teams. The hockey assist is dead in the NBA except for the smartest of teams.

OldSchoolBBall
04-17-2019, 02:38 AM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]LeBron would be in that class too but his other worldly athleticism, size, steroids and passing ability at least allowed him to win 3 chips as his team

lilteapot
04-17-2019, 02:43 AM
i dont think westbrook has improved any facet of his game since like 2013.

SpaceJam2
04-17-2019, 02:59 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/CLn4MFFj/OKCThund.jpg

BANE?
04-17-2019, 03:06 AM
How did Durant ever manage to go deep into the playoffs with this guy?

Grey Dawn
04-17-2019, 03:48 AM
Yep.

How can anybody really criticize KD for leaving?

And yes, his rebounds are stolen and totally manufactured.

Kblaze8855
04-17-2019, 05:33 AM
You can't win anything if he is your first or 2nd best player.

Considering hes already made the finals its pretty clear you dont consider winning anything short of a title to be winning(not entirely unreasonable for the record).....and that you wouldnt care if they won this series then lost in the second round....so im not sure what it even matters when they get eliminated.

Nuff Said
04-17-2019, 09:08 AM
Considering hes already made the finals its pretty clear you dont consider winning anything short of a title to be winning(not entirely unreasonable for the record).....and that you wouldnt care if they won this series then lost in the second round....so im not sure what it even matters when they get eliminated.
I think they

FKAri
04-17-2019, 09:57 AM
i dont think westbrook has improved any facet of his game since like 2013.
His passing has improved a lot. He stopped improving around 2 years ago.

Yep.

How can anybody really criticize KD for leaving?

And yes, his rebounds are stolen and totally manufactured.
He is still the best rebounding guard in the league but the whole Adams stepping aside for Westbrook to statpad does happen.

SamuraiSWISH
04-17-2019, 10:02 AM
This just shows how overrated his triple double stats are, especially in this era. The most important aspects of basketball are scoring points at pivotal moments of games, playing defense, ball control, and having skillsets that result in your teammates playing toward their strengths.

Whats the point of getting double digit rebounds when you're basically stealing them away from Center Steven Adams, who's only really useful defensively and getting rebounds. Can you imagine how much offense can be created if Russ would let his big man get the rebound and receive an outlet pass to initiate a fast break?

Winning is what matters. As a star player this means using your skillsets to mask the deficiencies of your teammates, which many times doesn't show up in the statline. But the most important stat is scoring points when the game is on the line, or putting the game away.

Can you imagine how stupid it would be for Jordan to fight for rebounds against Rodman and Longley? :lol

The list goes on. The best players try to get their offense going at the highest capacity even if it means sacrificing their own stats. Having players that are capable of handling the ball and creating their own offense standing at the 3 point line with 2 seconds to shoot isn't what makes winning teams. The hockey assist is dead in the NBA except for the smartest of teams.
:applause:

ImKobe
04-17-2019, 10:07 AM

I agree with the point you're trying to make, but what's his team's win% when he has a triple-double?

His style of play worked in the past, but he didn't have team around him (2017) and now he's just not a good shooter and his supposed #1 guy is actually a #2 who's never been clutch in his life and it's why they won't win shit. OKC doesn't have a closer and they lack the 3-point shooting to win consistently in today's league. You could win with Westbrook's style of play if you had good shooters around him, he's like a smaller Lebron when it comes to his skillset. He needs a true #1 like Durant next to him. OKC's FO is just retarded and sucks at drafting and signing guys who could shoot 3s, Russ & KD used to have Roberson and Waiters at the 3PT line, those guys were ****ing garbage and left wide open.

Hey Yo
04-17-2019, 10:51 AM
....yet has failed to win 50 games in any of these seasons and failed to get out of the 1st round despite having PG for 2 of them and Adams for all 3? He has to be the emptiest stat player EVER. :yaohappy:
OKC won 49 games this season. Winning one more game would have made Russ a great player?? Winning 6 more games over those 3 seasons to accumulate 150 wins would make him all of a sudden respectable??

:rolleyes: dumb take is dumb

Plus, if you had watched the Thunder play this year, you'd have seen that Adams has clearly regressed for unknown reasons. Definitely not the same player he was the last few years.

SamuraiSWISH
04-17-2019, 10:52 AM
Yea but those Trip Dubs

Gileraracer
04-17-2019, 10:57 AM
Westbrooks last 8 playoff games (last 2 years):

40% FG , -1
37% FG, -5
29% FG, -25
39% FG, -14
44% FG, +10
42% FG, -1
47% FG, -10
25% FG, -27

:durantunimpressed:

julizaver
04-17-2019, 10:57 AM

tpols
04-17-2019, 11:02 AM
Kblaze be like

https://i.makeagif.com/media/1-17-2016/kYqDeN.gif

jlip
04-17-2019, 11:34 AM
Just to mention Big O is not a loser (he spent the prime of his career in lesser team during Celtics dynasty). He won a chip in 1971 btw. Had he been healthy next postseason I am not sure what the outcome of Lakers - Bucks '72 WCF would have been.
And in the time he plays there was no such thing like "tripple double", therefore these stats came naturally to him without chasing it. He was more efficient and far better playmaker, decision maker than Russ.
Tripple double stat is overrated because nowadays some players try to achieve and statpadding in garbage time or pay more attention to it instead of the game.

This a point that is often overlooked. The term "triple double" was not even coined until the 80's when Magic started accumulating them.

superduper
04-17-2019, 11:40 AM
$tats doe.

We win.... again!

#BranFam

imdaman99
04-17-2019, 11:44 AM
Westbrooks last 8 playoff games (last 2 years):

40% FG , -1
37% FG, -5
29% FG, -25
39% FG, -14
44% FG, +10
42% FG, -1
47% FG, -10
25% FG, -27

:durantunimpressed:
:roll: kobe stans looking up boxscores for FG% :roll: you can't make this shit up :oldlol:

AlternativeAcc.
04-17-2019, 11:46 AM
Wait... people are equating lebron with westbrook now? :roll: :roll:

New low for lebron haters.

Truly embarrasing

AirTupac
04-17-2019, 11:55 AM

Truly embarrasing

Its actually quite comparable when you realize they are both tailored to stat pad.

Kblaze8855
04-17-2019, 02:17 PM
Kblaze be like

https://i.makeagif.com/media/1-17-2016/kYqDeN.gif

You realize I posted in this topic right?

What exactly do you think I

RRR3
04-17-2019, 02:35 PM
You realize I posted in this topic right?

What exactly do you think I’d be hiding from?

You hating?

You’re gonna do that no matter the result. I was here for people saying Kg and and tmac can’t win a series to years of CP3 is a loser for not making it past the second round to the Raptors choking in the ecf and people talking about how Nash never made it....been here for people calling AI and Dwight losers for only making the finals....and 25 times a day people call Lebron a loser for winning not one...not two....but 3 rings. People calling Hakeem a loser for losing 8 first rounds even with 2 rings. Meanwhile people are in topics calling Kareem overrated with 6 rings because “He only won one in the weak 70s”.

After all this....for all these years....you think I’m shaken by criticism of Westbrook?

I’ve been listening to haters make the goal posts whatever they must to justify hating for too long to not see it clearly.

You’re gonna say the exact same thing if they win or lose this series.

They take the next two at home you aren’t in here changing your tune. If they win the series you’re just gonna laugh when they lose the next one.

The results don’t matter. Not even a little. You can’t win your way out of haters.

Bill Russell won 11 rings and had haters. Nothing Westbrook could do would make you stop.

Did a single Kobe hater stop after 5 rings? Lebron haters stop after 3?

Results mattering is one of the biggest lies haters tell. Talk about what ____ can’t do...till he does it....and there’s a new standard.

Your Russell hate isn’t results oriented. Almost nobody’s is. You just can’t be real enough with yourself to admit it. You just don’t like the guy.

That’s fine...but it is what it is. Nothing that could happen this series would make you change your tune. You would just laugh at him when they lost in May. So why pretend?
I don’t always agree with you, Blaze, but mad props for being arguably the realest dude on here.

NBAGOAT
04-17-2019, 02:47 PM
he's just had a bad year. He was arguably the best player in the league 2 years ago and certainly good enough to lead a team to a title in an average league(GS skews everything). You cant blame him for how mediocre his team was in 17.

He's quite a bit worse last couple years however. Not winning 50+ with a big 3 of westbrook, george, adams is kind of inexplicable and why I think okc should consider firing donovan. Top 10 ish last year and not even top 10 imo this year. He may still put up a triple double but his shooting is just awful this year and his metrics arent too impressive. I expect him to bounceback next year however. Even his midrange shot disappeared this year

RRR3
04-17-2019, 02:49 PM
:roll: kobe stans looking up boxscores for FG% :roll: you can't make this shit up :oldlol:
Kobe stans are the GOAT hypocrites, although I think bileraraver is a Jordan stan (?). It’s hard to tell he basically just posts about LeBron...could well be a kobetard

Smoke117
04-17-2019, 02:52 PM

TheCorporation
04-17-2019, 03:38 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]You realize I posted in this topic right?

What exactly do you think I

TheCorporation
04-17-2019, 03:39 PM

While they're at it tell them to peep 2000 NBA Finals

Kobe wins a ring with 15 ppg on 37%

GOATBE

ImKobe
04-17-2019, 03:42 PM

While they're at it tell them to peep 2000 NBA Finals

Kobe wins a ring with 15 ppg on 37%

GOATBE

Heavily misleading stat by including the game he played like 9 minutes in and left due to injury.

There wouldn't be a 2000 Finals if Kobe didn't lead his team in pts, rebs, ast & blk in a double-digit 4th quarter comeback in the 2000 WCF.

RRR3
04-17-2019, 03:44 PM
Heavily misleading stat by including the game he played like 9 minutes in and left due to injury.

There wouldn't be a 2000 Finals if Kobe didn't lead his team in pts, rebs, ast & blk in a double-digit 4th quarter comeback in the 2000 WCF.
Lots of teams wouldn’t have won rings if their role players didn’t step up at key times. Why are we punishing Shaq for his role players stepping up at times in 2000?

tpols
04-17-2019, 04:13 PM
Results oriented?

It was called before the guy ever played a single playoff game during his MVP season.

The negative results...weren't there. The means to the ends were, and by observing said means the ends were predicted. And correctly at that so the original criticism was valid.

People hating on other guys and being wrong doesn't have much to do with this. There's valid hating and being dumb. Anyone that hated on Kobe and Kareem based on their skills and how they played the game...was being dumb. Ai, Dwight, me lo, Westbrook etc? There's real intangible stuff about their games that makes it hard for their teams to win. That s not an out there position.

Kblaze8855
04-17-2019, 05:19 PM
Its the exact same as all the long term hater situations. Every hater alive acts like the failure of their target makes them right....and unless youre Russell or Magic you spend the extreme majority of your career failing. Which is why ALL haters think the results prove them right. Haters dont care about the 3 rings...or the 2..or the 6...they focus on the 10-12-16 years of failure. A hater of a guy with no rings? Thats even easier. You can act like every single season made you look smart.

Put every name in the HOF in a bucket and pluck one out a hater would be able to say "Look.....proved me right!" most of their careers.

In fact...let me pull up a list of them and scroll to a random spot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_players_in_the_Naismith_Memorial_Basketbal l_Hall_of_Fame

Ok...first time I got Joe Brennan. Lets just go again....im not going into a 20s player...

Next time Pistol Pete. Ok...thats too easy. Pistol Pete did virtually no winning his entire life. A Pistol Pete hater would have been acting like he was John Wooden the whole 70s.

Ok. Lets go 6 mouse wheel rolls down....

David thompson.

Did nothing. Won one series in the NBA and was on crack by 30. Lets go 2 more scrolls.

Bob Mcadoo.

Won one series in his career as a starter. And it was vs the 76ers before Doctor J got there.

2 more scrolls? Maurice Stokes. Wont count him....illness ruined his career. Couple more?

Nique.

Im gonna say he won....3 playoff series in what? 16 years?

This is the funny thing about haters to me.

Guys will hate at every mention of a guys name for years....as if they arent having first ballot hall of fame careers that will be remembered for decades.

And I dont even fully exempt myself. I hated on Karl Malone for years. But at least hes a dirty player and literal sexual predator. Id say thats a solid set of reasons.

I never hated on anyone over some "I dont think he can win like this!" shit while I watch dozens people I dont say it about lose and keep quiet like my ability to evaluate basketball is only decided when the results are what I want.

It doesnt matter what way people play...most legends are gonna have a similar or worse career than Westbrook. Be it Alex English, Steve Nash, Mark Price, Vince Carter, Kevin Johnson, Sidney Moncrief, Bob Lanier, Bernard King, Gary Payton, Zo, John Stockton, Chris Webber, Chris Mullin, Tim Hardaway, or whoever from whenever.

Once you get past the guys casual fans include in all time top 10-15 lists?

The whole rest of the HOF is Russell Westbrook career wise. Its just a looooooooooong ass list of people who might win 3 series their entire life beyond making one deep playoff run on a stacked team that still loses.

A hater will convince himself they lost because he was right about whatever shit he uses to justify being a skeptic when fact is....3 quarters of the league either miss the playoffs or lose in the first round....and 87% dont pass the second round.

In a world where a hater will laugh at you and pretend to still be right after you WIN THE TITLE its clear a world with nearly 90% of the league having lost early gives haters all the ammo they need to act like they are some kind of savant.

They aret. They are just naysayers in a world where almost everyone is gonna look bad and lend credence to their hating no matter who the subject is.

Its one reason I dont have much hate in me anymore. Even the people I dont like it doesnt extend into any "Thats why they gonna looooooose!" shit because its just cheap. Its tying my ability to analyze a situation to an almost inevitable loss to add credibility that isnt earned.

A hater is gonna find a way to be right. Lose in the first round? Oh thats easy work. Lose in the second? CP3 him. Act like the second round makes you a joke. Make a 3rd round virgin meme! Lose in the conference finals? Thats all you got? Cant even get to the big stage? Derozan ass *****! Lose in the finals? Choked on the big stage. 0-1. 0/11 finals MVP votes. Loser. Dwight Howard. Won the title?

Refs. Stern. Injuries. Luck. Bail out shot. Rig for ratings. Weak era. Jordan was retired. Teammate had 40. ____ was old. ____ was young.

The hater is ALWAYS gonna make himself right....hes either right...or the world conspired against him.

Thats the only way it goes. That goes for Westbrook, Kobe, Chris Paul, Sam Cassell, Lebron, Peja, Hakeem, or whoever else.

Your haters will find a way for what happened to make them right.

Youre just version 6654 of the guy who was hating on Tricky Dick Mcguire in 1950.

None of the results actually matter. They never have. They never will. Then history steamrolls you and the guy gets a bust in the HOF next to 200 people you will forever be salty to see him next to and your hate is lost in the mist of time like whoever was hating on Dave Cowens in 1970.

Hate isnt worth the effort really. In the end youre just who the guy is chuckling about in his HOF induction because its rare for anyone who isnt an all time great to have haters to begin with. Nobody hating on Ira Newble.

Your hate is a waste product formed by greatness reacting with fans and media. In the end its just gunk at the bottom of a landfill people forget was ever there.

AirFederer
04-17-2019, 06:01 PM
Bottom line you think WB plays the right way?
Or could he sacrifice some stats to improve winning?

Its the exact same as all the long term hater situations. Every hater alive acts like the failure of their target makes them right....and unless youre Russell or Magic you spend the extreme majority of your career failing. Which is why ALL haters think the results prove them right. Haters dont care about the 3 rings...or the 2..or the 6...they focus on the 10-12-16 years of failure. A hater of a guy with no rings? Thats even easier. You can act like every single season made you look smart.

Put every name in the HOF in a bucket and pluck one out a hater would be able to say "Look.....proved me right!" most of their careers.

In fact...let me pull up a list of them and scroll to a random spot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_players_in_the_Naismith_Memorial_Basketbal l_Hall_of_Fame

Ok...first time I got Joe Brennan. Lets just go again....im not going into a 20s player...

Next time Pistol Pete. Ok...thats too easy. Pistol Pete did virtually no winning his entire life. A Pistol Pete hater would have been acting like he was John Wooden the whole 70s.

Ok. Lets go 6 mouse wheel rolls down....

David thompson.

Did nothing. Won one series in the NBA and was on crack by 30. Lets go 2 more scrolls.

Bob Mcadoo.

Won one series in his career as a starter. And it was vs the 76ers before Doctor J got there.

2 more scrolls? Maurice Stokes. Wont count him....illness ruined his career. Couple more?

Nique.

Im gonna say he won....3 playoff series in what? 16 years?

This is the funny thing about haters to me.

Guys will hate at every mention of a guys name for years....as if they arent having first ballot hall of fame careers that will be remembered for decades.

And I dont even fully exempt myself. I hated on Karl Malone for years. But at least hes a dirty player and literal sexual predator. Id say thats a solid set of reasons.

I never hated on anyone over some "I dont think he can win like this!" shit while I watch dozens people I dont say it about lose and keep quiet like my ability to evaluate basketball is only decided when the results are what I want.

It doesnt matter what way people play...most legends are gonna have a similar or worse career than Westbrook. Be it Alex English, Steve Nash, Mark Price, Vince Carter, Kevin Johnson, Sidney Moncrief, Bob Lanier, Bernard King, Gary Payton, Zo, John Stockton, Chris Webber, Chris Mullin, Tim Hardaway, or whoever from whenever.

Once you get past the guys casual fans include in all time top 10-15 lists?

The whole rest of the HOF is Russell Westbrook career wise. Its just a looooooooooong ass list of people who might win 3 series their entire life beyond making one deep playoff run on a stacked team that still loses.

A hater will convince himself they lost because he was right about whatever shit he uses to justify being a skeptic when fact is....3 quarters of the league either miss the playoffs or lose in the first round....and 87% dont pass the second round.

In a world where a hater will laugh at you and pretend to still be right after you WIN THE TITLE its clear a world with nearly 90% of the league having lost early gives haters all the ammo they need to act like they are some kind of savant.

They aret. They are just naysayers in a world where almost everyone is gonna look bad and lend credence to their hating no matter who the subject is.

Its one reason I dont have much hate in me anymore. Even the people I dont like it doesnt extend into any "Thats why they gonna looooooose!" shit because its just cheap. Its tying my ability to analyze a situation to an almost inevitable loss to add credibility that isnt earned.

A hater is gonna find a way to be right. Lose in the first round? Oh thats easy work. Lose in the second? CP3 him. Act like the second round makes you a joke. Make a 3rd round virgin meme! Lose in the conference finals? Thats all you got? Cant even get to the big stage? Derozan ass *****! Lose in the finals? Choked on the big stage. 0-1. 0/11 finals MVP votes. Loser. Dwight Howard. Won the title?

Refs. Stern. Injuries. Luck. Bail out shot. Rig for ratings. Weak era. Jordan was retired. Teammate had 40. ____ was old. ____ was young.

The hater is ALWAYS gonna make himself right....hes either right...or the world conspired against him.

Thats the only way it goes. That goes for Westbrook, Kobe, Chris Paul, Sam Cassell, Lebron, Peja, Hakeem, or whoever else.

Your haters will find a way for what happened to make them right.

Youre just version 6654 of the guy who was hating on Tricky Dick Mcguire in 1950.

None of the results actually matter. They never have. They never will. Then history steamrolls you and the guy gets a bust in the HOF next to 200 people you will forever be salty to see him next to and your hate is lost in the mist of time like whoever was hating on Dave Cowens in 1970.

Hate isnt worth the effort really. In the end youre just who the guy is chuckling about in his HOF induction because its rare for anyone who isnt an all time great to have haters to begin with. Nobody hating on Ira Newble.

Your hate is a waste product formed by greatness reacting with fans and media. In the end its just gunk at the bottom of a landfill people forget was ever there.

coin24
04-17-2019, 06:08 PM
The definition of empty stats. Career loser

Kblaze8855
04-17-2019, 06:14 PM
Bottom line you think WB plays the right way?
Or could he sacrifice some stats to improve winning?

I think the whole thing is driven by people who dont know basketball that well trying to sound informed by preaching about a non issue. The Thunder would not be better if 3 of Westbrooks uncontested rebounds were caught by whoever boxed out to let him grab it. The thunder would not be better if he didnt find Adams on so many quick dropoffs for assists.

Westbrooks issue is decision making on some of his shots and the fact that he apparently became a much worse shooter.

If he put up 18/10/8 the Thunder wouldnt magically improve.

You know what would make the thunder improve?

Him shooting as well as he could years ago. Which isnt an issue of playing the wrong way....its an issue of skill and performance.

There is no simple right way to play basketball. The guy who made the term popular was screaming at Allen Iverson to keep shooting when he was 9-27.

The closest thing to the right way to play to me....first thing I want is effort...the second is being a good teammate. Westbrook works harder than almost anyone in history. And Westbrooks teammates love him. Praise him all day about his support and help and how he cares...how he motivates them to improve. How he shows them the effort needed to be great and to last.

Ive been watching basketball all my life and have seen extremes both ways have the same results or worse than Westbrook with teams full of stars. When its a Westbrook fans trying to sound smart come up with the reasons its their fault. When its someone on the other end of the spectrum....the fans trying to sound smart come up with all the reasons it isnt their fault.

End result?

A pretty normal legendary career. "Right" way or "wrong".

ClipperRevival
04-17-2019, 06:24 PM
I think the whole thing is driven by people who dont know basketball that well trying to sound informed by preaching about a non issue. The Thunder would not be better if 3 of Westbrooks uncontested rebounds were caught by whoever boxed out to let him grab it. The thunder would not be better if he didnt find Adams on so many quick dropoffs for assists.

Westbrooks issue is decision making on some of his shots and the fact that he apparently became a much worse shooter.

If he put up 18/10/8 the Thunder wouldnt magically improve.

You know what would make the thunder improve?

Him shooting as well as he could years ago. Which isnt an issue of playing the wrong way....its an issue of skill and performance.

There is no simple right way to play basketball. The guy who made the term popular was screaming at Allen Iverson to keep shooting when he was 9-27.

The closest thing to the right way to play to me....first thing I want is effort...the second is being a good teammate. Westbrook works harder than almost anyone in history. And Westbrooks teammates love him. Praise him all day about his support and help and how he cares...how he motivates them to improve. How he shows them the effort needed to be great and to last.

Ive been watching basketball all my life and have seen extremes both ways have the same results or worse than Westbrook with teams full of stars. When its a Westbrook fans trying to sound smart come up with the reasons its their fault. When its someone on the other end of the spectrum....the fans trying to sound smart come up with all the reasons it isnt their fault.

End result?

A pretty normal legendary career. "Right" way or "wrong".

Are you for real?

Like being THAT inefficient is a good thing? Having THAT bad of a shot selection is a good thing? Turning it over THAT many times is a good thing?

It's hard to win at the highest level when you're best player has so many flaws. Stop acting like winning is easy. Sure, it's a combo of luck, circumstances, etc but come on. Dude has too many negative aspects to his game.

Kblaze8855
04-17-2019, 06:30 PM
Am I being for real with some things you just made up out of thin air?

It's hard to win at the highest level when you're best player has so many flaws.

Its hard to win at the highest level no matter what. Which is why the great majority of legends never do it.

Stop acting like winning is easy.

This kinda feels like I should be saying it to you.

Just under 90% of the league cant make it past the second round. It not being easy is kinda obvious no?

If it were easy guys wouldnt go 20 years and never win.

That the end result of being Westbrook is likely to be the same as being most legends...is the whole point.

Play like Mark Price...play like Westbrook....play like Tim Hardaway...play like Payton.....play like Stockton...play like Steve Nash...or Chris Paul.

End result?

Teams full of talent never winning and people acting like the only players responsible for it are the ones they choose.

eliteballer
04-17-2019, 06:32 PM
One of the reasons rebound are inflated and uncontested defensive rebs are easier to get is because since the game is less post oriented, and more teams just jack 3's and run back the paint is less clogged with guys fighting for boards.

As far as stats go, in a slow, physical game/series you just won't have the same number of opportunities for plays where you can pump stats in general.

Doesn't mean a player is "worse" than a guy putting up guady numbers in a run and gun no defense situation.

Smoke117
04-17-2019, 06:39 PM
Westbrook was far from great this season, kblaze. He had his lowest ts% (.501) and per (21.1) since his 2nd season. He's clearly on the slide. That doesn't change the fact, though, that no team was ever winning a championship with him as your best player regardless.

ClipperRevival
04-17-2019, 06:40 PM
Am I being for real with some things you just made up out of thin air?

Its hard to win at the highest level no matter what. Which is why the great majority of legends never do it.

This kinda feels like I should be saying it to you.

Just under 90% of the league cant make it past the second round. It not being easy is kinda obvious no?

If it were easy guys wouldnt go 20 years and never win.

That the end result of being Westbrook is likely to be the same as being most legends...is the whole point.

Play like Mark Price...play like Westbrook....play like Tim Hardaway...play like Payton.....play like Stockton...play like Steve Nash...or Chris Paul.

End result?

Teams full of talent never winning and people acting like the only players responsible for it are the ones they choose.

Yes, winning is hard. And that's exactly my point. "The man" on a championship winning team must play at a certain level to win. You can't be as inefficient as WB along with the amount of turnovers. You can't win with so many empty possessions.

And please don't bring up certain situations where a star that won a ring had a bad series or two. I'm talking about the STYLE OF PLAY of WB. It's not championship material UNLESS if he has a stacked squad to compensate for his flaws OR he just reigns in his inefficient/TO in a series.

I mean i kind of get the jist of your points in that we do judge players too heavily on winning or losing. But again, i am bringing up specific points about WB.

Smoke117
04-17-2019, 06:43 PM
I am a hater for sure, though. Westbrook is the perfect example of everything I hate in a basketball player. It should be very enjoyable watching the clusterfukk his game becomes as his athleticism only drops off more and more the next few years. He doesn't have close to the talent and skill that a Dwyane Wade has to deal with it. Athleticism aside, Dwyane Wade just glides around the court. He's a pure basketball player in the way he moves. Westbrook is a bull in a china shop.

Kblaze8855
04-17-2019, 06:49 PM
Westbrook was far from great this season, kblaze. He had his lowest ts% (.501) and per (21.1) since his 2nd season. He's clearly on the slide. That doesn't change the fact, though, that no team was ever winning a championship with him as your best player regardless.

Ok.

That makes him different from like 130 hall of famers how?

Kblaze8855
04-17-2019, 06:51 PM
Yes, winning is hard. And that's exactly my point. "The man" on a championship winning team must play at a certain level to win. You can't be as inefficient as WB along with the amount of turnovers. You can't win with so many empty possessions.

And please don't bring up certain situations where a star that won a ring had a bad series or two. I'm talking about the STYLE OF PLAY of WB. It's not championship material UNLESS if he has a stacked squad to compensate for his flaws OR he just reigns in his inefficient/TO in a series.

I mean i kind of get the jist of your points in that we do judge players too heavily on winning or losing. But again, i am bringing up specific points about WB.

Thats all fine. But let me ask about this:

It's not championship material UNLESS if he has a stacked squad to compensate for his flaws

How many title teams dont have a stacked team to compensate for its best players flaws?

Im not saying the answer is none.

Im saying think about it....and realize its....a lot.

Stacked team built to make up for what the best player lacks? Thats....thats a championship formula.

Smoke117
04-17-2019, 06:53 PM
Ok.

That makes him different from like 130 hall of famers how?

Well, for one, the majority of those hall of famers weren't being put on this pedestal that Westbrook has been put on these last few years.

Kblaze8855
04-17-2019, 06:53 PM
I am a hater for sure, though. Westbrook is the perfect example of everything I hate in a basketball player.

Thats fine by me.

Being real about it.

Some people...just rub you the wrong way.

Im rubbed the wrong way more by the lazy types who waste what they are given.

Eddy Curry rubs me wrong more than the Westbrook types.

I can only dislike someone giving it all they have so much. That said...Rodman gave all he had. I understand other teams fans not liking him. Its not a total cure all.

Kblaze8855
04-17-2019, 06:55 PM
Well, for one, the majority of those hall of famers weren't being put on this pedestal that Westbrook has been put on these last few years.

So we talking basketball or what you see on tv at 9am?

I'll do either we just dont have reason to act like its part of the same discussion.

knicksman
04-17-2019, 07:58 PM

Truly embarrasing

Anyone who isnt a dumbass knows that wesbrook is just a less efficient lebron. But theyre still not effective. Theres a reason why lebron is just 3/9 compared to the ones who played the right way (6/6, 5/7, 5/9) and those guys didnt even cheat to get theirs.

knicksman
04-17-2019, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Kobe stans are the GOAT hypocrites, although I think bileraraver is a Jordan stan (?). It

BigShotBob
04-17-2019, 09:48 PM
I'm not sure what everyone is arguing about.

It's not the triple-double that's the issue at all.

It's his atrocious shooting.

He's just not a threat from mid-range or from three. And he's not skilled in the post. He could kill you in transition or if he's going downhill but that won't happen often especially in the playoffs. He's athletic with a great motor but he has a very limited skill set.

What's so hard to understand about this?

He could average 30-1-1 for all I care. If he was unstoppable from mid-range and three then this would be a completely different series. Defenses would have to play him tighter, it would open up the floor for his teammates, and it would change the complexion of the entire game.

But defenses only respect you when you are known for hitting shots, or when you actually....hit shots.

Westbrook fits neither of those categories. No scouting report will tell you to hound him from the three-point line and emphasize contesting his mid-range shots and "hope" that he misses. In fact if you make him shoot a jump shot at all.....you made the right choice. Even if you left him wide open.

Vragrant
04-17-2019, 10:41 PM

Its annoying when the media brings up "He plays hard!!".So what? every star player Curry/Irving/Dame/ plays hard. That's why they're at that level. All those guys play hard and work on their game. Its like he's praised for doing the bare minimum

SamuraiSWISH
04-18-2019, 02:37 PM
Its annoying when the media brings up "He plays hard!!".So what? every star player Curry/Irving/Dame/ plays hard. That's why they're at that level. All those guys play hard and work on their game. Its like he's praised for doing the bare minimum
Lol it’s true. He’s coddled.

It’s funnier because the media is bullied by him. You can tell they’re intimidated.

Which is funny because he so effeminate otherwise. And bitch like I don’t know why they would be.

They give this guy passes like when he said he would physically assault a woman in the stands. And then he lied and said their comments were racially motivated to get them banned.

His constant PMS temper tantrums, that Barkley acknowledges. He’s spoiled and entitled. And selfish.

He’s the only player that’s allowed to be an asshole to reporters just doing their job, besides coach Gregg Popovich, and occasionally Kevin Durant.

ClipperRevival
04-22-2019, 12:12 AM
:yaohappy:

Another super efficient game for Mr. Triple Double.

imdaman99
04-22-2019, 12:15 AM
What a useless thread. He didn't drop a triple double tonight or even gunned for it.

Imagine if Jordan had to guard someone other than car mechanics :lol

zizozain
04-22-2019, 12:42 AM
that was his only GOAL! good for him
Curry, Harden, Bran, KD, Kyrie, Lillard, and many others can average triple double for 5 seasons if it was their goal.

OKC people and coaches are idiots for allowing this.
and anyone thinks this didn't hurt the team big time is a cnut.

imdaman99
04-22-2019, 01:29 AM
Curry, Harden, Bran, KD, Kyrie, Lillard, and many others can average triple double for 5 seasons if it was their goal.

What's their record when he gets one? :lol dudes are so pissed off that he has triple doubles on the regular.

MY FAV PLAYER COULD HAVE DUNS IT IF HE WANTED TO. HE JUST DIDNT WANT TO AND HE WANTED TO WINS

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-22-2019, 01:31 AM
What's their record when he gets one? :lol dudes are so pissed off that he has triple doubles on the regular.

MY FAV PLAYER COULD HAVE DUNS IT IF HE WANTED TO. HE JUST DIDNT WANT TO AND HE WANTED TO WINS

Chuckbricks legacy is gonna be nothing without KD and single handedly devaluing the triple double

nice job:applause:

Mr.GOAT2408
04-22-2019, 01:58 AM
He can carry a team, that's not a question, but his brand of basketball limits a team's ceiling

He's simply not a good enough scorer and playmaker to handle the ball and shoot it as much as he does. The thing is while he does take a lot of dumb shots he gets a lot of good looks and drives to the rim pretty often, he's not a good shooter or finisher. He has good form too, it's weird seeing that pretty jumper brick everything. He's also very athletic so the finishing being as bad as it is is strange. It's 2019, it's easier than ever to shoot and finish yet he's not good at either

Which means his basketball IQ just isn't there otherwise he'd be a good shooter/finisher :confusedshrug:

Also a bad defender for how athletic he is, even if he's improved this season it's still not where it can be. I get not going hard on that end especially with a high workload on offense but this dude was often one of the laziest defenders in the league.

Don't get me started on rebounds, there's no reason for a guard to average that much in the first place :facepalm

madmax
04-22-2019, 05:10 AM
What a useless thread. He didn't drop a triple double tonight or even gunned for it.

Imagine if Jordan had to guard someone other than car mechanics :lol

:oldlol: :applause:

AirFederer
04-22-2019, 05:23 AM
Westbrook relied heavily on his jump shot, taking only three shots in the paint in Game 4 (he missed all three). It's only the second time in Westbrook's playoff career he went scoreless in the paint.

"It wasn't taken away," Westbrook said of getting to the rim. "I get deep paint any time I want, but I always make the right play. So when I'm in deep paint I find guys on the perimeter. Hit [Steven Adams]. My job is to make sure guys get the basketball. I don't need to shoot a layup every single time. But I'm in the paint all game, and that's how it goes sometimes. Shot attempts is not the only thing that I can do to make sure I'm in it for the defense, and kick it out to make open shots."

"I get deep paint any time I want, but I always make the right play.

Didn’t this retard just shoot 5/21?

:eek: :confusedshrug:

keep-itreal
04-22-2019, 06:33 AM
he cares more about triple doubles than winning games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5gARTD3Vgo

dude tries to get a rebound pad his stats that he forgot about guarding his man. Absolutely ridiculous

HylianNightmare
04-22-2019, 07:13 AM
Yeah I have been a huge fan of his but he settles for bad shots too often

Hey Yo
04-22-2019, 11:12 AM
:yaohappy:

Another super efficient game for Mr. Triple Double.
LOL @ you thinking winning one more game this season would all of a suddenly mean that Russ lead OKC to a great season.

SouBeachTalents
04-22-2019, 11:18 AM

Besides Harden & LeBron none of those other players could ever average a triple double for an entire season, let alone 5 :lol

Chuckbricks legacy is gonna be nothing without KD and single handedly devaluing the triple double

nice job:applause:
And right now Durant's legacy is nothing without running away to the Warriors