PDA

View Full Version : Only boxscore watchers are surprised that Liliard>Westbrook

STATUTORY
04-17-2019, 08:37 AM
Westbrook is a stats accumulator, he plays for triple doubles to the detriment of his team.

Dame on the other hand is a skilled basketball player with assassin's mentality.

This is exactly like the Lebron vs Kobe situation in a nutshell, stats says Lebron > Kobe, but eye test tells the opposite

Gileraracer
04-17-2019, 08:41 AM
This is a pretty good comparison.

Lebron is like a poor mans Westbrook from the statsheet point of view with even worse defense. That's why he missed the POs.

bigkingsfan
04-17-2019, 09:39 AM
Liliard is currently winning the boxscores

SpaceJam2
04-17-2019, 09:50 AM
Hey there ESPN Analyst scout, why don't you post their playoff box score numbers and and let me know what you find.

Thanks

PickernRoller
04-17-2019, 09:50 AM
A closer, finisher, aka killer vs. a stat-sheet stuffer, do it all type...

Easy choice.

Wally450
04-17-2019, 09:55 AM
A closer, finisher, aka killer vs. a stat-sheet stuffer, do it all type...

Easy choice.

Dame was a real killer last year. :applause:

ImKobe
04-17-2019, 09:56 AM
Why is OKC's win rate so high when he does get a triple-double, though?

I didn't see anyone really complain when OKC was playing great for the first 2/3rds of the season.

The triple-dub isn't an issue here, it's that he's turned into a terrible shooter these past two years. The rebounding, playmaking & defense has been fine for the most part, but it's not acceptable that he's barely making 40% of his shots and that he's shooting such a high volume of 3s when he can barely shoot it at an above 25% rate. It just doesn't work.

Obviously, it doesn't help him that Paul George turns into "Playoff P" in April. George is supposed to be the #1 option but he often comes up short by missing one wide open 3 after another and other times he refuses to shoot it at all.

PickernRoller
04-17-2019, 10:00 AM
Kinda like Bran w/ Cleveland having the best record in the league then getting bounced in the playoffs by Dwight Howard...

Regular season Queens.

SamuraiSWISH
04-17-2019, 10:04 AM
It’s definitely a microcosm in essence of the LeBron vs Kobe debate but in smaller sized guys at the PG position.

It’s so funny seeing Bruce Blitz who championed the former and hated the latter ... has now basically flipped his entire stance.

SpaceJam2
04-17-2019, 10:07 AM
Makes thread about how stats are not important

Player with better stats is winning the series

Cant make this up :roll: :roll:

Dame: 30-5-4-3 on 45%, 47% 3p (21.8 GmSc)
Westbrook: 19-10-10-.5 on 35%, 10% 3p (13.2 GmSc)

Are you trying to prove that stats matter because that's what you did
Dame is shooting 10% better with 11 ppg more and nearly double the GmSc

https://i.postimg.cc/3xvsz3zB/CanineOldGalapagospenguin-max-1mb.gif

LeCola
04-17-2019, 10:09 AM
Westbrook won 10 playoff rounds in his career, Lillard only 2.

Can you tell me what happened Lillard against Cousinless Pelicans last year?

SamuraiSWISH
04-17-2019, 10:11 AM
Westbrook won 10 playoff rounds in his career, Lillard only 2.

Can you tell me what happened Lillard against Cousinless Pelicans last year?
What happened to Westbitch with his stacked roster against rookie Donovan Mitchell?

TheCorporation
04-17-2019, 10:11 AM

Wrekt

:roll: :roll:

PickernRoller
04-17-2019, 10:12 AM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]It

STATUTORY
04-17-2019, 10:12 AM

I'm talking about whether regular season statistics have any value in player evaluation, the fact that Westbrook had much better regular season stats and it does not predict playoff performances at all is just proof for my argument.

:roll: :roll: imagine being this obtuse

LeCola
04-17-2019, 10:15 AM
What happened to Westbitch with his stacked roster against rookie Donovan Mitchell?

Do you really compare with losing 2-4 against 5th seed team and losing 0-4 againts 6th seed team. :lol

What about 10 rounds vs 2 rounds? :facepalm

SamuraiSWISH
04-17-2019, 10:18 AM
Do you really compare with losing 2-4 against 5th seed team and losing 0-4 againts 6th seed team. :lol

What about 10 rounds vs 2 rounds? :facepalm
I

tpols
04-17-2019, 10:20 AM
Much smarter and more skilled. Its the ben simmons effect...Russell is better, but he's in the same mold.

SpaceJam2
04-17-2019, 10:21 AM
I'm talking about whether regular season statistics have any value in player evaluation, the fact that Westbrook had much better regular season stats and it does not predict playoff performances at all is just proof for my argument.

Bulshit nice try though. You said nothing about regular-season vs postseason in your initial post. Agenda fail. Come back better.

tpols
04-17-2019, 10:22 AM
It’s definitely a microcosm in essence of the LeBron vs Kobe debate but in smaller sized guys at the PG position.

It’s so funny seeing Bruce Blitz who championed the former and hated the latter ... has now basically flipped his entire stance.

This year spoke volumes in terms of lebrons ability to fit, and west competition. Basically a vindication of all past criticism.

There's absolutely no way hes better than kobe at basketball.

STATUTORY
04-17-2019, 10:25 AM
This year spoke volumes in terms of lebrons ability to fit, and west competition. Basically a vindication of all past criticism.

The failures of Westbrook, Ben Simmons, and to a lesser extent James Harden in the playoffs is a direct rebuke to Lebron's basketball style and legacy as well

tpols
04-17-2019, 10:34 AM
The failures of Westbrook, Ben Simmons, and to a lesser extent James Harden in the playoffs is a direct rebuke to Lebron's basketball style and legacy as well

Hardens a cheapskate but he's still an elite shooter. Its the combination of being a ball dominate and not being able to shoot that is really crippling to teamwork and growth. John wall is another example. Beal is way way better.

SpaceJam2
04-17-2019, 10:37 AM

LeBron is consensus top 3. Kobe is consensus top 15. I mean... :confusedshrug:

ArbitraryWater
04-17-2019, 12:49 PM

the convincing oneself is strong in this one

LostCause
04-17-2019, 01:05 PM

But rebounds and assists doe

RRR3
04-17-2019, 01:08 PM

2005 and 2013 spoke volumes about Kobe’s ability to fit and west competition.

There’s no way he’s better than LeBron at basketball.

sdot_thadon
04-17-2019, 01:11 PM
What Russ brings outside of scoring is relatively consistent, you can expect that impact game in, game out. His shootings another story. Dame does the scoring pretty well but honestly he's hit and miss himself, just to a lesser degree than Russ and doesn't bring those other things to the table. It's a matter of preference.

Sheep seeing the light :banana:

More like Stan getting insecure. It's plain to see.

TheCorporation
04-17-2019, 01:15 PM
What Russ brings outside of scoring is relatively consistent, you can expect that impact game in, game out. His shootings another story. Dame does the scoring pretty well but honestly he's hit and miss himself, just to a lesser degree than Russ and doesn't bring those other things to the table. It's a matter of preference.

More like Stan getting insecure. It's plain to see.

+1 High IQ

ImKobe
04-17-2019, 01:20 PM
2005 and 2013 spoke volumes about Kobe’s ability to fit and west competition.

There’s no way he’s better than LeBron at basketball.

What about 08-12 Kobe with a fringe all-star and some depth around him? Top 3 seed every year..

2013 Kobe won 45 games with one all-star teammate and an injured roster, and that's 17th season Kobe with 0 depth and d-leaguers starting around him. Only time he missed Playoffs in the West was when he got injured and/or was way past his prime on a rebuilding team that kept him around for ratings.

16th season Lebron elevated a 35-win team to 37 wins. Congratulations.

RRR3
04-17-2019, 01:24 PM
What about 08-12 Kobe with a fringe all-star and some depth around him? Top 3 seed every year..

2013 Kobe won 45 games with one all-star teammate and an injured roster, and that's 17th season Kobe with 0 depth and d-leaguers starting around him.

Who the hell had better rosters than the Lakers in those years before the Heat formed? Classic Kobetard revisionism.

Lol at 2013 being a positive for Kobe. You

LeCola
04-17-2019, 01:43 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]I

TheCorporation
04-17-2019, 01:51 PM
Ok, I think we both think same. :cheers:

I also think he is overrated, statpader.

But, don't agree with the title of the thread, he is still better then Lillard.

Quick check, how many finals have they both been to?

How many MVPs have they both won? How many scoring titles?

Lemme know OP!

ImKobe
04-17-2019, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Who the hell had better rosters than the Lakers in those years before the Heat formed? Classic Kobetard revisionism.

Lol at 2013 being a positive for Kobe. You

RRR3
04-17-2019, 01:58 PM
You're mad overrating Butler & Odom to prop up Lebron. Butler was in his 3rd season and coming off a dissapointing sophomore year, where he put up 9 ppg on 38%FG, Odom was never an all-star like that, just a really solid all-around player with real life issues and questionable work ethic.

Lebron had better help that same season and played in the weaker Conference, yet missed the Playoffs as well. Kobe and Odom both missed 16+ games and their HC quit mid-season due to medical issues, they were 24-19 under Rudy T and on pace to make the Playoffs, but then he quit and Kobe & Odom suffered injuries.
1. The Lakers were better when Kobe didn’t play that year :oldlol:
2. The Cavs had a better record than the Lakers
3. Year 2 LeBron versus peak Kobe :roll:
4. Odom was better than anyone LeBron had at that time.

SamuraiSWISH
04-17-2019, 02:22 PM

2013 Kobe won 45 games with one all-star teammate and an injured roster, and that's 17th season Kobe with 0 depth and d-leaguers starting around him. Only time he missed Playoffs in the West was when he got injured and/or was way past his prime on a rebuilding team that kept him around for ratings.

To be fair he did miss 17 games milking an injury ...

But even when he returned in

TheCorporation
04-17-2019, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]1. The Lakers were better when Kobe didn

ImKobe
04-17-2019, 02:56 PM
1. The Lakers were better when Kobe didn’t play that year :oldlol:
2. The Cavs had a better record than the Lakers
3. Year 2 LeBron versus peak Kobe :roll:
4. Odom was better than anyone LeBron had at that time.

You're not factoring in schedule nor the coaching change fact and them tanking the season once Odom got injured.

The Cavs played in the weaker Conference and missed the Playoffs with a healthy roster.

2005 Kobe is not peak, he was coming off multiple surgeries in 03/04 and got hurt again the same year & needed knee surgery after the season.

Odom averaged 15/10 on 54%TS with a 17.3 PER

Big Z averaged 17/9 on 55%TS with a 19.5 PER
Drew Gooden averaged 14/9 on 55%TS with a 19.7 PER

both guys also played 78 and 82 games each

RRR3
04-17-2019, 03:02 PM
You're not factoring in schedule nor the coaching change fact and them tanking the season once Odom got injured.

The Cavs played in the weaker Conference and missed the Playoffs with a healthy roster.

2005 Kobe is not peak, he was coming off multiple surgeries in 03/04 and got hurt again the same year & needed knee surgery after the season.

Drew Gooden and Big Z had the best seasons of their careers playing with LeBuddha? You don’t say? Nevertheless I bet you Odom’s impact stats shat on theirs.

05 Kobe is certainly closer to peak Kobe than 05 LeBron is to peak LeBron, no matter what you say. And again, the Lakers were better when Kobe sat. Maybe they’d have made the playoffs without him...

TheCorporation
04-17-2019, 03:03 PM

I'll give you one chance to take it back before you tarnish what little bit of credibility you still have. This is your one chance...

Are you saying Big Z is better than Lamar Odom?

superduper
04-17-2019, 03:19 PM
I'll give you one chance to take it back before you tarnish what little bit of credibility you still have. This is your one chance...

ALLSTAR APPEARANCES

Big Z: 2
Lamar: 0

:eek:

ImKobe
04-17-2019, 03:20 PM

He averaged more points on higher efficiency (plus 2 bpg as a rim protector) and played 14 more games, so was he better in that particular season? Yes. Was Drew Gooden also statistically better than Odom and played 18 more games, thus more productive? Yes.

Was Big Z an all-star for multiple seasons? Yes. Was Odom? Nope.

Drew Gooden and Big Z had the best seasons of their careers playing with LeBuddha? You don’t say? Nevertheless I bet you Odom’s impact stats shat on theirs.

05 Kobe is certainly closer to peak Kobe than 05 LeBron is to peak LeBron, no matter what you say. And again, the Lakers were better when Kobe sat. Maybe they’d have made the playoffs without him...

Big Z was already an All-Star before Lebron and actually had his best statistical season the year before Lebron was drafted. He was actually better his rookie year in '98 than 2005, at least as far as scoring efficiency and PER goes.

RRR3
04-17-2019, 03:22 PM
He averaged more points on higher efficiency (plus 2 bpg as a rim protector) and played 14 more games, so was he better in that particular season? Yes. Was Drew Gooden also statistically better than Odom and played 18 more games, thus more productive? Yes.

Was Big Z an all-star for multiple seasons? Yes. Was Odom? Nope.
Kobe was too jealous and insecure to ever let Odom be an all star. Meanwhile LeBron made Mo friggin Williams an all-star :roll:

ImKobe
04-17-2019, 03:25 PM
Kobe was too jealous and insecure to ever let Odom be an all star. Meanwhile LeBron made Mo friggin Williams an all-star :roll:

Ok, so Kobe was jealous. What stopped Odom from being an All-Star for the Clippers or for the Heat? What happened to Odom after being traded from the Lakers, coming off a 6MOY and arguably his best season as a pro?

sammichoffate
04-17-2019, 08:50 PM
I like how LeMissedPlayoffs stans give LeBron props for making the 4th seed on the easiest part of the Lakers' schedule, before turning around and giving Kobe s*** for missing the playoffs when he missed games along with his teammates.

Regarding OP, Lillard has been balling i'm really surprised at his play on defense the most. He's hounding Westbrook this series.

kennethgriffen
04-17-2019, 09:05 PM
ive literally been saying lillard is the most underrated and westbrook is the most overrated (with lebron) for like the past 5 or 6 years

juju151111
04-17-2019, 09:22 PM

Lebron playoff stats are good too idiot

SamuraiSWISH
04-18-2019, 02:48 PM
Mo got in due to injury. And did you just say Kobe

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-18-2019, 03:20 PM
I find it hard to condemn someone as dedicated as Westbrook.

Don't even disagree with the criticism. Most of it at least. Some of you are writing his obituary though :oldlol:

The series is far from over. His 'playoff rep' is being questioned now, and I think he'll put up @ home.

3ball
04-18-2019, 03:40 PM
Apparently

Lillard's scoring > Westbrook's rebs and assists

Same reason MJ > lebron

SamuraiSWISH
04-18-2019, 04:13 PM
I find it hard to condemn someone as dedicated as Westbrook.

Don't even disagree with the criticism. Most of it at least. Some of you are writing his obituary though :oldlol:

The series is far from over. His 'playoff rep' is being questioned now, and I think he'll put up @ home.
Do you think he will win the series though 🤔

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-18-2019, 04:25 PM
Do you think he will win the series though ��

OKC should win the series, but I'm betting that Brook will play better.

Dame is outplaying him. No denying that. He's due for a big game or two. For his sake hopefully the remaining of these playoffs.

red1
04-18-2019, 04:35 PM
:roll:

LAmbruh
04-18-2019, 04:37 PM
ouch :roll: :roll: :roll: