PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Lebron get criticism for forming Superteams?

JohnMax
04-17-2019, 09:45 PM
He got no criticism for forming a superteam in Cleveland which makes me think outrage was more about him leaving than actually forming a superteam.

RRR3
04-17-2019, 09:50 PM
Why are you criticizing LeBron for things he literally hasn

3ball
04-17-2019, 10:02 PM
He teamed up with 2 other stars twice and then has the temerity to brag about championships and compare himself to Jordan... :facepalm

Lebron's spot-up shooter format doesn't develop teammates or teams, so he must team-hop for ready-made stars and still only goes 3/9 (0/9 without collusions or bailout shots)..

it's a shit brand of ball that struggles on the championship level regardless of cast or opponent

LostCause
04-17-2019, 10:08 PM
Most folks live in the moment

He got tons of shit for it in 2011. I'm sure y'all remember. That narrative didn't change until 2015. He could've got shit for it in 2015 as well but the Coming Home narrative was far greater and Kyrie wasn't exactly a household name at the time

Now you have Durant and Golden State, who raised the bar and whose dominance makes everyone else instant underdogs so people naturally want to see them beaten, even if it's by another superteam

StrongLurk
04-17-2019, 10:10 PM
OP, I'm sure you criticized Lebron.

FKAri
04-17-2019, 10:43 PM
OP is the worst poster on this board. This is not hyperbole. I am very consistent about this. OP is also very likely a machine learning bot.

SouBeachTalents
04-17-2019, 10:51 PM
OP is the worst poster on this board. This is not hyperbole. I am very consistent about this. OP is also very likely a machine learning bot.
Definitely the biggest fakkit on the board, agreed bruh :cheers:

Rico2016
04-17-2019, 10:52 PM
Not every player gets the benefit of having a Scottie Pippen, Shaq, David Robinson/Tony Parker, the list goes on, early in their career. Some guys had Shaq, Pippen, Parker/Ginobli, and some guys were stuck with Drew Gooden and Mo Williams. Such is life.

I also don't know what you mean by "why isn't he criticized" when you're criticizing him for leaving Cleveland. Do you think he should have stayed in Cleveland in 2011? Do you honestly think he should have?

Ben Simmons 25
04-17-2019, 10:57 PM
Because your mother is a whore.

3ball
04-17-2019, 10:59 PM
Not every player gets the benefit of having a Scottie Pippen, Shaq, David Robinson/Tony Parker, the list goes on, early in their career. Some guys had Shaq, Pippen, Parker/Ginobli, and some guys were stuck with Drew Gooden and Mo Williams. Such is life.

I also don't know what you mean by "why isn't he criticized" when you're criticizing him for leaving Cleveland. Do you think he should have stayed in Cleveland in 2011? Do you honestly think he should have?
it wasn't some juggernaut that lebron needed to beat - it was Dwight Howard and an old, 50-win celtics team

So he definitely should've stayed - he had 60-win 1 seeds and he only needed 28/8/7 to achieve that

they win easily by adding 1 more piece.... Or implementing a system so the brand of ball is sufficient to beat Dwight Howard, or lebron not quitting like he did in 10'

As for his casts - he had a young Kyrie in 2015-2017 and lost with young Wade in 2011.. and he still had young Bosh in 2014... The only excuse is that lebron simply isn't as good (as MJ and other greats)

Rico2016
04-17-2019, 11:03 PM
it wasn't some juggernaut that lebron needed to beat - it was Dwight Howard and an old, 50-win celtics team

So he definitely should've stayed - he had 60-win 1 seeds and he only needed 28/8/7 to achieve that

they win easily by adding 1 more piece.... Or implementing a system so the brand of ball is sufficient to beat Dwight Howard, or lebron not quitting like he did in 10'

As for his casts - he had a young Kyrie in 2015-2017 and lost with young Wade in 2011.. and he still had young Bosh in 2014... The only excuse is that lebron simply isn't as good (as MJ and other greats)

We will never know who was greater because Jordan always played on a good team. Unless you want to bring up when his team was bad and he went 1-9 but as soon as he had a good second option like Scottie Pippen he started winning. We have to understand that not every player is gifted the same roster talent when they come into the league.

Kobe Bryant had an absolute gift in the form of Shaquille O'Neal.

Michael Jordan had an absolute gift in the form of Scottie Pippen.

Tim Duncan had an absolute gift in the form of David Robinson and then Tony Parker/Manu Ginobli.

LeBron had no gift. We can argue back and forth all day long about who is a better player and I'm sure neither of us will change our mind but the fact remains, he never had any type of roster talent compared to any of the aforementioned greats until he left Cleveland. Can you agree with that?

Rico2016
04-17-2019, 11:04 PM
Because your mother is a whore.

:lol :lol

3ball
04-17-2019, 11:15 PM
We will never know who was greater because Jordan always played on a good team. Unless you want to bring up when his team was bad and he went 1-9 but as soon as he had a good second option like Scottie Pippen he started winning. We have to understand that not every player is gifted the same roster talent when they come into the league.

Kobe Bryant had an absolute gift in the form of Shaquille O'Neal.

Michael Jordan had an absolute gift in the form of Scottie Pippen.

Tim Duncan had an absolute gift in the form of David Robinson and then Tony Parker/Manu Ginobli.

LeBron had no gift. We can argue back and forth all day long about who is a better player and I'm sure neither of us will change our mind but the fact remains, he never had any type of roster talent compared to any of the aforementioned greats until he left Cleveland. Can you agree with that?
Wade > Pippen

Kyrie is too, or close enough

And Bosh and Love destroy mj's third options

So lebron had better casts

And MJ led a 6 seed to within 2 wins of the 89' Finals, including 2 upset wins in the first 2 rounds - lebron never led a low seed deep into the playoffs, or had multiple upset series wins... :confusedshrug:.. so ur wrong on all counts

Duncan21formvp
04-17-2019, 11:17 PM
He does, it is why it was the only way for him to win. Won bronze medals twice, and needed multiple allstars to even win and even that was always down at least 3-2 in a series even 5 years in a row with HCA.

SouBeachTalents
04-17-2019, 11:17 PM
Wade > Pippen

Kyrie is too, or close enough

And Bosh and Love destroy mj's third options

So lebron had better casts

And MJ led a 6 seed to within 2 wins of the 89' Finals, including 2 upset wins in the first 2 rounds - lebron never led a low seed deep into the playoffs, or had multiple upset series wins... :confusedshrug:.. so ur wrong on all counts
Nah, '96 Rodman >>> Bosh or Love as 3rd best player

Duncan21formvp
04-17-2019, 11:19 PM
Nah 96 Rodman made no allstar team while Bosh and Love did.

3ball
04-17-2019, 11:21 PM
That's 1 ring out of 6**

So I'm right - lebron had better 3rd options, and Wade > Pippen (with Kyrie being right there too)

** Rodman averaged 4/8 for the entire 97' playoffs - when did lebron win with his 3rd best player doing that?.. :biggums:

** and rodman wasn't the starter in the 98' playoffs (MJ won the 98' ring with kukoc at as the starter

SouBeachTalents
04-17-2019, 11:22 PM
Nah 96 Rodman made no allstar team while Bosh and Love did.
Guess he'll have to settle for merely being, All-Defensive First Team, the rebounding champ, and according to a good number of people, the true FMVP that season

3ball
04-17-2019, 11:23 PM
Guess he'll have to settle for merely being, All-Defensive First Team, the rebounding champ, and according to a good number of people, the true FMVP that season
That's 1 ring out of 6**

So I'm right - lebron had better 3rd options, and Wade > Pippen (with Kyrie being right there too)

** Rodman averaged 4/8 for the entire 97' playoffs - when did lebron win with his 3rd best player doing that?.. :biggums:

** and rodman wasn't the starter in the 98' playoffs (MJ won the 98' ring with kukoc at as the starter

SouBeachTalents
04-17-2019, 11:24 PM
That's 1 ring out of 6**

Lol at you bringing logic for Rodman, but not for Wade. 2011 Wade is obvious, but 2012 Wade is probably comparable to first 3peat Pippen, and 2013/14 Wade is definitely < 1st 3peat Pippen, and comparable to his 2nd 3peat version

JohnMax
04-17-2019, 11:25 PM
Now you have Durant and Golden State, who raised the bar and whose dominance makes everyone else instant underdogs so people naturally want to see them beaten, even if it's by another superteam

You just confirmed Lebron hate was about him leaving Cleveland by making what Durant did much worse than it was and overrating Warriors talent.

3ball
04-17-2019, 11:35 PM
Lol at you bringing logic for Rodman, but not for Wade. 2011 Wade is obvious, but 2012 Wade is probably comparable to first 3peat Pippen, and 2013/14 Wade is definitely < 1st 3peat Pippen, and comparable to his 2nd 3peat version

^^^^ Ok great, you just said that Wade equals Pippen in the bolded red above

And mj's 3rd option was much worse for 5 of 6 rings, as we already discussed

So mj >>>>

#LeFraud

sd3035
04-18-2019, 12:19 AM
You must just be referring to the media and the league OP

Regular people always criticize him because they have no snake oil to sell

305Baller
04-18-2019, 12:23 AM
LeBron formed a super team? Did they wear capes?

3ball
04-18-2019, 12:33 AM
LeBron formed a super team? Did they wear capes?
He teamed up with the 2nd best player in the game.. and a top 4 PF

That's like MJ teaming up with Bird and Mchale or something.. and then losing to the Suns

Dray n Klay
04-18-2019, 12:38 AM

That's like MJ teaming up with Bird and Mchale or something.. and then losing to the Suns

Do Bird and McHale miss the playoffs together the season Jordan leaves, like Wade/Bosh did once LeBron left?

305Baller
04-18-2019, 12:44 AM

Wade and Bosh is the equivalent to Rodman /Pippen. Right? Who was Kukoc? Mike Miller? Ray ALlen? Battier?

Who was Ron Harper?

ANyways, all of these guys are overpaid. Only LeBron built a school.

305Baller
04-18-2019, 12:45 AM
Its hard to compare eras. Where are the stats to compare?

Smoke117
04-18-2019, 12:47 AM

Easily the true MVP of that finals.

305Baller
04-18-2019, 12:48 AM
I kicked batmans ass in the grey and blue uniform, then he kicked my ass in the black uniform but the dingleberry had new gadgets. new era, new gadgets. I was on better drugs.

its a different game.

nashwade
04-18-2019, 01:01 AM
MJ sells shoes; Bron doesn't

3ball
04-18-2019, 01:05 AM
Do Bird and McHale miss the playoffs together the season Jordan leaves, like Wade/Bosh did once LeBron left?
Wade/Bosh missed it by a half game because they missed 40+ games

So ur wrong

MJ plus the 2nd best player would never lose... And that's without even considering adding a top 4 pf or the goat shooter at the time.. 4/4 in.miami easily, with at least 1 70 win season

305Baller
04-18-2019, 01:10 AM
hypotheticals mean nothing. your dreams are superfluous. enjoy the game as it is because these theoretical comparisons are as dumb as Croc

TheCorporation
04-18-2019, 01:44 AM
Wade/Bosh missed it by a half game because they missed 40+ games

So ur wrong

MJ plus the 2nd best player would never lose... And that's without even considering adding a top 4 pf or the goat shooter at the time.. 4/4 in.miami easily, with at least 1 70 win season

Dude...55 wins...1994. Look it up. Stop.

TheCorporation
04-18-2019, 01:46 AM
That's 1 ring out of 6**

When was LeBron facing reject one-off finals appearing trash can teams as opposed to dynasties? :lol

Which dynasty did Jordan beat in the Finals?

What was the best team Jordan ever beat in the Finals? Good luck with this one...

3ball
04-18-2019, 01:50 AM
Dude...55 wins...1994. Look it up. Stop.
Pretty standard for a dynasty that developed the best quality of basketball and teamwork of their era, as required to be a dynasty in the first place

TheCorporation
04-18-2019, 01:51 AM
Pretty standard for a dynasty that developed the best quality of basketball and teamwork of their era, as required to be a dynasty in the first place

The Bulls didn't need Jordan, could have swapped him out for Carmello Anthony and they still win :lol And I bet Melo would put up better numbers in the Finals than MJ too:

Of the 50 FMVP, 1969 to 2018 Jordan was ranked...

49th of 50 in FG%
47th of 50 in FG%
47th of 50 in assists
45th of 50 in rebounds

Not my goat :no:

The worst Finals performances we've seen from a "winner" means he was facing some true trash can teams :lol

3ball
04-18-2019, 02:00 AM
The Bulls didn't need Jordan, could have swapped him out for Carmello Anthony and they still win :lol And I bet Melo would put up better numbers in the Finals than MJ too:

49th of 50 in FG%
47th of 50 in FG%
47th of 50 in assists
45th of 50 in rebounds

The worst Finals performances we've seen from a "winner" means he was facing some true trash can teams :lol
Except you left out the most important stat that nullifies the others - scoring

MJ's scoring was always goat-level, and his scoring gap over everyone else in the series was also always goat - he was a 1-man show on offense - winning every Finals by scoring 10-20 more than his 2nd option (lebron needed equal scoring partner and closer to win)

3ball
04-18-2019, 02:07 AM

49th of 50 in FG%
47th of 50 in FG%
47th of 50 in assists
45th of 50 in rebounds

lebron had worst-ever Finals efficiency in 07 and 15', which is why he lost those series. If he shoots 50%, he wins both easily.. ..

the Warriors loved him taking those iso's at 39% a pop.. that BENEFITTED them, hence no doubles

TheCorporation
04-18-2019, 02:12 AM
Except you left out the most important stat that nullifies the others - scoring

MJ's scoring was always goat-level, and his scoring gap over everyone else in the series was also always goat - he was a 1-man show on offense - winning every Finals by scoring 10-20 more than his 2nd option (lebron needed equal scoring partner and closer to win)

And LeBron was a 1-man show on offense by scoring, rebounding and assisting more than his 2nd option for every Finals, while Jordan needed a higher achieving rebound/assist partner to win the Finals (only 2-5 more than 2nd option) :D See how easy that was?

What was the best team Jordan ever beat in the Finals? Good luck with this one

3ball
04-18-2019, 02:18 AM
And LeBron was a 1-man show

No he wasn't because he needed an equal scoring partner to win his Finals (only 2-5 more ppg than 2nd option closer)

these equal scoring partners took defensive attention away from lebron, whereas the bulls were treated like a 1-man team because MJ scored 10-20 more than pippen to win all his Finals..

and only MJ won the scoring title and title in the same season, except Shaq and Kareem once each in their peak seasons of 71' and 00'.. MJ did it for all 6 rings, so it was his standard burden to win the ring (1-man show)

TheCorporation
04-18-2019, 02:20 AM
No he wasn't because he needed an equal scoring partner to win his Finals (only 2-5 more ppg than 2nd option closer)

these equal scoring partners took defensive attention away from lebron, whereas the bulls were treated like a 1-man team because MJ scored 10-20 more than pippen to win all his Finals..

and only MJ won the scoring title and title in the same season, except Shaq and Kareem once each in their peak seasons of 71' and 00'

And LeBron was a 1-man show on offense by scoring, rebounding and assisting more than his 2nd option for every Finals, while Jordan needed a higher achieving rebound/assist partner to win the Finals (only 2-5 more than 2nd option) :D See how easy that was?

3ball
04-18-2019, 02:28 AM

Rebounding doesn't get lebron more defensive attention

but mj's scoring does - only the bulls were treated like a 1-man team because only MJ scored 10-20 more than his 2nd option to win all his Finals..

And MJ led the bulls in assists for 6 of 9 playoff runs alongside pippen

MJ had 1 less star teammate than lebron's casts and so did his opponents

There was more parity so it was harder to win

It's harder to win when many teams have the same talent levels (90's), versus only 2 teams with all the talent (spurs/heat or cavs/warriors)

TheCorporation
04-18-2019, 03:17 AM
Rebounding doesn't get lebron more defensive attention

but mj's scoring does - only the bulls were treated like a 1-man team because only MJ scored 10-20 more than his 2nd option to win all his Finals..

And MJ led the bulls in assists for 6 of 9 playoff runs alongside pippen

Um no, did you forget this? I didn't...

https://i.postimg.cc/k4RZypFv/FB-IMG-1525375107033.jpg

MJ had 1 less star teammate than lebron's casts and so did his opponents

There was more parity so it was harder to win

It's harder to win when many teams have the same talent levels (90's), versus only 2 teams with all the talent (spurs/heat or cavs/warriors)

2016 Cavs, Lebron had 0 all stars (won chip and FMVP)
1990 and 1995 Bulls, MJ had 1 all star and lost (didn't even MAKE the Finals)

Explain this, thanks...

LostCause
04-18-2019, 01:51 PM
2016 Cavs, Lebron had 0 all stars (won chip and FMVP)
1990 and 1995 Bulls, MJ had 1 all star and lost (didn't even MAKE the Finals)

Explain this, thanks...

You know Jordan had 0 All-Stars in 91 and 98, winning the chip and FMVP both seasons too, right? And LeBron lost with 2 All-Stars (3 including him) against 1 in 2011

Not sure why you even thought to make this point. It goes nowhere and accomplishes nothing

305Baller
04-18-2019, 01:53 PM
batman teamed up with that poosy cracker smallville supes and the green lantern. and that gay cuck aqualad

made my life miserable

305Baller
04-18-2019, 01:54 PM
the bat

the bat!!!

jlip
Huh? I thought that Lebron was basically the only player getting criticism for this. The term "superteam" was created in response to the 2010-2014 Heat.

305Baller
i want him. now!!\

bat
bat
bat
bat
bat
bat

superduper
04-18-2019, 01:57 PM
i want him. now!!\

bat
bat
bat
bat
bat
bat

Come at me bruh

https://cdn.chatsports.com/cache/1a/7e/1a7e3bef4f29ace797c6e533df4ec039-original.jpg

305Baller
04-18-2019, 02:08 PM
Come at me bruh

https://cdn.chatsports.com/cache/1a/7e/1a7e3bef4f29ace797c6e533df4ec039-original.jpg

he he heeeeee

how would you like your intestines cooked?

charred... or bloody?

305Baller
04-18-2019, 02:09 PM
i'll feed them to you with a bib on.

is that ok?

can we??