PDA

View Full Version : Where is Donovan Mitchell?

TheCorporation
04-18-2019, 01:38 AM
37 minutes
11 points
5/19
26% shooting

Can someone tell him it's the playoffs, thanks

305Baller
04-18-2019, 01:40 AM
sophomore slump

TheCorporation
04-18-2019, 01:42 AM
sophomore slump

Career slump :eek: Isn't he like 24 now? :oldlol:

305Baller
04-18-2019, 01:46 AM
Career slump :eek: Isn't he like 24 now? :oldlol:

i once had a sophomore slump. I splashed myself with a acid from my flower. Landed right on my toe. Then I tried to decapitate a man and ended up missing his neck, hitting his shoulder and ... ah **** it. It was a bad year. First time in Arkham too.

tpols
04-18-2019, 09:39 AM
It doesn't matter when the whole game is garbage time...they're getting tidal waved. I bet he wishes the jazz were still playing okc

Manny98
04-18-2019, 09:40 AM
Overrated bum, people here acting like he's a top 3 shooting guard lmao

highwhey
04-18-2019, 09:41 AM
and people said this dude was better than Devin Booker...as if the only reason he's in the playoffs isn't bc of this former DPOY named Rudy Gobert https://i.postimg.cc/DzJ2c2bf/mjlol.png

SpaceJam2
04-18-2019, 09:44 AM
Overrated bum, people here acting like he's a top 3 shooting guard lmao

:lol I swear some people were trying to rate him over Jimmy Butler! I almost fainted, foh :lol

SpaceJam2
04-18-2019, 09:47 AM
and people said this dude was better than Devin Booker...as if the only reason he's in the playoffs isn't bc of this former DPOY named Rudy Gobert https://i.postimg.cc/DzJ2c2bf/mjlol.png

+1

#MitchellFansCAUGHT

tpols
04-18-2019, 09:48 AM

Bookers always hurt and can't play a lick of defense. He's a better shooter though.

highwhey
04-18-2019, 09:53 AM
Bookers always hurt and can't play a lick of defense. He's a better shooter though.
always hurt? he played over 70 games his first 2 seasons. 54 his 3rd and 64 his 4th. high usage on a tanking team and overcompensating shutdowns will do that to you. i would hardly worry about a quad and pinky injury tho :oldlol: that's just the suns front office tanking.

and he's not just a better shooter, he's a superior scorer in every which way. dude can score from anywhere. not to mention the averaged 7 assists this season.

bad half court defender, sure. pretty much the only knock against him. a 22 year old with his advanced scoring abilities tho, you take him and pair him with an elite defensive wing or guard, which is why the suns took mikal bridges, a very promising defender.

ImKobe
04-18-2019, 12:30 PM

What has Devin Booker done, apart from putting up empty numbers while down 20+ points?

stalkerforlife
04-18-2019, 12:34 PM
What has Devin Booker done, apart from putting up empty numbers while down 20+ points?

Booker has shown no ability to elevate a team.

I don't care what the stats say; Mitchell is better. Mitchell is grimy and plays both ends.

Booker is soft.

highwhey
04-18-2019, 12:49 PM
he doesn't have a DPOY with a competent coach and well built team. :oldlol:

#1 sign of a box score watcher, not having the mental capacity to analyze each player's individual situations and make the leap of logic that one team may be tanking, while the other is trying to win :oldlol:

SpaceJam2
04-18-2019, 12:54 PM

#1 sign of a box score watcher, not having the mental capacity to analyze each player's individual situations and make the leap of logic that one team may be tanking, while the other is trying to win :oldlol:

Caught em again :lol

highwhey
04-18-2019, 12:57 PM
Caught em again :lol
:roll: :roll:

imdaman99
04-18-2019, 01:14 PM
He doesn't see Carmelo Anthony on the Rockets so it's a little harder for him to score.

Xiao Yao You
04-18-2019, 01:19 PM

Snyder is a competent coach? :roll: :roll:

highwhey
04-18-2019, 01:59 PM
Snyder is a competent coach? :roll: :roll:
and his former understudy, now a rookie head coach for the suns is supposed to be better?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

https://media.giphy.com/media/zNXvBiNNcrjDW/giphy.gif

Xiao Yao You
04-18-2019, 02:09 PM
and his former understudy, now a rookie head coach for the suns is supposed to be better?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

https://media.giphy.com/media/zNXvBiNNcrjDW/giphy.gif

Rubio played better with him coaching him :confusedshrug:

StrongLurk
04-18-2019, 02:26 PM
He was being extremely overrated last year. Always have said Devin Booker > Donovan Mitchell and Mitchell doesn't have a high ceiling anyways.

Smoke117
04-18-2019, 02:34 PM
He was being extremely overrated last year. Always have said Devin Booker > Donovan Mitchell and Mitchell doesn't have a high ceiling anyways.

I dunno about all that, but Mitchell was definitely overrated last season and over-hyped coming into this season. The comparisons to Wade are also inane as he doesn't get to the rim even close to the amount a young Wade used to and doesn't know how to get contact like he does anyway. He's more like a Damian Lillard.

Rico2016
04-18-2019, 11:29 PM

Get. his. ass.

imdaman99
04-19-2019, 01:43 AM
I dunno about all that, but Mitchell was definitely overrated last season and over-hyped coming into this season. The comparisons to Wade are also inane as he doesn't get to the rim even close to the amount a young Wade used to and doesn't know how to get contact like he does anyway. He's more like a Damian Lillard.
Nobody gets to the rim as smooth yet explosively like Wade did. But he's got Wade type motions. Don't act like you never seen Mitchell do a sick spin move. His FG% will never be close to Wade's because he shoots a lot of dumb shots and too many 3s. If Wade played in this era, he would have had to take 3s as well. The reason Wade broke down quick is because of the hits he took taking it inside :confusedshrug:

Smook A.
04-19-2019, 02:13 AM
He doesn't see Carmelo Anthony on the Rockets so it's a little harder for him to score.
So glad the Rockets let him go before it was too late. Daryl Morey made a ballsy move but it was absolutely the right one.

Smoke117
04-19-2019, 03:40 AM
Nobody gets to the rim as smooth yet explosively like Wade did. But he's got Wade type motions. Don't act like you never seen Mitchell do a sick spin move. His FG% will never be close to Wade's because he shoots a lot of dumb shots and too many 3s. If Wade played in this era, he would have had to take 3s as well. The reason Wade broke down quick is because of the hits he took taking it inside :confusedshrug:

So makes a few movies and has a similar build...so what? He only took 22% of his shots between 0-3 feet this season. Wade never took less than 37% his first four seasons. You can go on about 3pters, but there are plenty of guys who still get to the rim quite a bit and Wade would still be one whether he came in this era or not. He doesn't attack the rim like Wade either. He tries to avoid contact and use his length most of the time if there's a defender there. Wade was a drive it right at the defender type of player. As I said before, Mitchell plays much more like a Damian Lillard and that's the comparison people should be making. Putting aside all that, I've seen nothing from Mitchell that he can come close to being the defensive player or playmaker Wade was either.

Xiao Yao You
04-19-2019, 07:33 AM
So makes a few movies and has a similar build...so what? He only took 22% of his shots between 0-3 feet this season. Wade never took less than 37% his first four seasons. You can go on about 3pters, but there are plenty of guys who still get to the rim quite a bit and Wade would still be one whether he came in this era or not. He doesn't attack the rim like Wade either. He tries to avoid contact and use his length most of the time if there's a defender there. Wade was a drive it right at the defender type of player. As I said before, Mitchell plays much more like a Damian Lillard and that's the comparison people should be making. Putting aside all that, I've seen nothing from Mitchell that he can come close to being the defensive player or playmaker Wade was either.

Since January he went to the rim and got to the line a lot more.

dbugz
04-19-2019, 07:42 AM
People here putting this dude over CJ :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
04-19-2019, 08:13 AM
amazing player, ISH over-reacting again

AirBonner
04-19-2019, 09:17 AM
Devin Booker is basically MJ before he got Pippen

wagexslave
04-19-2019, 09:33 AM
Devin Booker is basically Devin Booker before he got Kelly Oubre and Tyler Johnson and they both finally learned the system and beat the Bucks and Warriors among other teams, but then both got injured including the whole rest of the starting 5 and everything went to shit again. lol

Can't wait until he has a consistent solid team around him and a consistent coaching staff. Dude's 22 and already had like 5 different head coaches. lol

SpaceJam2
04-19-2019, 09:33 AM

100%

Surround Booker with the best perimeter defender in the league who can also get 20 points a game, then also throw in the best third option in the NBA history and GOAT coach in a weak, watered-down 90s expansion era and it's a wrap.

Rico2016
04-24-2019, 10:49 PM
4/22 18% fg

12 points scored in an elimination game. Can we pump the brakes on Donovan Mitchell? I swear some people were saying he was better than Klay Thompson and Jimmy Butler.

I'm sure this thread serves as a dig to the young Mitchell, but at the same time we can all admit our stock on Donovan Mitchell has gone down after this year's postseason

Xiao Yao You
04-24-2019, 10:52 PM
4/22 18% fg

12 points scored in an elimination game. Can we pump the brakes on Donovan Mitchell? I swear some people were saying he was better than Klay Thompson and Jimmy Butler.

I'm sure this thread serves as a dig to the young Mitchell, but at the same time we can all admit our stock on Donovan Mitchell has gone down after this year's postseason

His stock is fine. Most guys his age aren't even in the playoffs

SpaceJam2
04-24-2019, 10:55 PM
37 minutes
11 points
5/19
26% shooting

Can someone tell him it's the playoffs, thanks

Unfortunately I don't think he got the memo :lol

Spyda followed that game up tonight with 12 points on 4-22 shooting for 18% FG in 39 minutes played :lol

SpaceJam2
04-25-2019, 05:43 PM
Mitchell had a 6.9 PER and a .423% TS. That PER is the lowest for a player with 30%+ usage rate since 1973. :lol

Jesus :eek: