PDA

View Full Version : Mavs fans: Who should we get as center next season?

90sgoat
04-18-2019, 01:42 PM
Is Vucevic worth it? I am lukewarm on Big Vuc, just don't see his fit alongside Zingis, though he is a good rebounder.

What about Jonas?

Aron Baynes is available and a good pick up for toughness I think.

Personally I would be fine with someone like Baynes and then we pick up Bojan Bogdanovich at the 3 spot instead.

superduper
04-18-2019, 01:46 PM
Is Vucevic worth it? I am lukewarm on Big Vuc, just don't see his fit alongside Zingis, though he is a good rebounder.

What about Jonas?

Aron Baynes is available and a good pick up for toughness I think.

Personally I would be fine with someone like Baynes and then we pick up Bojan Bogdanovich at the 3 spot instead.

With you guys having Porzee, you need a defensive minded, rim protecting type of Center who will do the dirty work for Luka and Porz. Something like that will help them get to the next level.

Jonas and Vuc would both be a horrible fit.

brooks_thompson
04-18-2019, 01:46 PM
I like Bojan a lot. I don't know their cap situation, but what do you think about Jimmy Butler for them? It will all be dependent on if Porzingis can come back strong and stay healthy, but if you give JB a 4-year and it doesn't work, you'll still be able to 'reset' the build around Doncic at the time or one year after his rookie contract is up.

Dallas is lucky he's this good this young, because they'll pretty much have two windows to be a really good team with him if the first doesn't pan out. I don't buy the team-building strategy of having to get guys on the 'same timeline' that's so popular.

90sgoat
04-18-2019, 01:47 PM
I like Bojan a lot. I don't know their cap situation, but what do you think about Jimmy Butler for them? It will all be dependent on if Porzingis can come back strong and stay healthy, but if you give JB a 4-year and it doesn't work, you'll still be able to 'reset' the build around Doncic at the time or one year after his rookie contract is up.

Absolutely not.

Butler is pure team cancer.

SouBeachTalents
04-18-2019, 01:48 PM
The blackest mother fcker available

90sgoat
04-18-2019, 01:48 PM
With you guys having Porzee, you need a defensive minded, rim protecting type of Center who will do the dirty work for Luka and Porz. Something like that will help them get to the next level.

Jonas and Vuc would both be a horrible fit.

Zingis is a really good rim protector, in fact led the league in blocks before his injury.

His issue is rebounding, thus a strong rebounder and tough guy is needed.

brooks_thompson
04-18-2019, 01:50 PM
The blackest mother fcker available

Haha, this is partially why I suggested Butler

stalkerforlife
04-18-2019, 01:52 PM
I think OKC will look to trade Adams.

I'd like to see the Mavs have a starting lineup of...

Luka
Redick or Alexander
Bogdan
Zing
Adams

90sgoat
04-18-2019, 01:53 PM

Luka
Redick or Alexander
Bogdan
Zing
Adams

Dayum.

That's some team, Adams is a perfect fit too. Doncic will feed him lobs all day.

That team makes the WCF at the very least.

stalkerforlife
04-18-2019, 01:54 PM
Absolutely not.

Butler is pure team cancer.

Exactly.

Hell no.

He'd try to stifle Luka.

Dray n Klay
04-18-2019, 01:58 PM

Luka
Redick or Alexander
Bogdan
Zing
Adams

Why no blacks?

brooks_thompson
04-18-2019, 01:58 PM
Well, they could go the flexibility route with a 2 year deal or so for a guy like Taj Gibson or Ed Davis, maybe even Millsap if Denver drops him and he comes cheap. I think Porzingis has gotta be their center, but those are guys who can at least somewhat check the real bruising centers if KP isn't up to it.

I just hope they don't go for Julius Randle. I like Randle, but not with Doncic/Porzingis.

stalkerforlife
04-18-2019, 01:59 PM
Why no blacks?

I don't see color.

superduper
04-18-2019, 02:00 PM
Damn Adams would be a great fit actually

brooks_thompson
04-18-2019, 02:01 PM

Luka
Redick or Alexander
Bogdan
Zing
Adams

Agreed on Adams being gone. Who or what does Dallas trade for him though? He's making 25-ish million.

stalkerforlife
04-18-2019, 02:03 PM
Agreed on Adams being gone. Who or what does Dallas trade for him though? He's making 25-ish million.

Not sure, but he would be great with Luka.

90sgoat
04-18-2019, 02:04 PM

Tim Hardaway and picks.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

brooks_thompson
04-18-2019, 02:05 PM
Tim Hardaway and picks.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Haha shit I forgot they had Hardaway. It might be crazy enough to pull off.