PDA

View Full Version : NBA ratings down almost 50%, NCAA ratings are up

90sgoat
04-18-2019, 02:10 PM
https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2019/04/nba-playoff-ratings-opening-weekend-decline/
[QUOTE]
The rest of the weekend was a dud. On Sunday, ABC earned a 2.55 and 3.90 million for Thunder-Blazers Game 1

superduper
04-18-2019, 02:11 PM
Man.. Kobe's retirement was really the final nail in the NBA's coffin

90sgoat
04-18-2019, 02:13 PM
Man.. Kobe's retirement was really the final nail in the NBA's coffin

Adam Silver is a complete loser.

brooks_thompson
04-18-2019, 02:14 PM
Maybe if teams would've stuck to the former gentlemen's agreement not to spam threes (thanks Morey), this wouldn't have happened.

ErhnamDjinn
04-18-2019, 02:20 PM
Makes me wonder who gave the greenlight to alllow no defense in the current NBA. Did they do a survey and think of everyone wants to see no defense, jacking shots at a higher rate allow higher , faster offenses?

STATUTORY
04-18-2019, 02:21 PM
no one wants to watch free throw competitions

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2019, 02:21 PM
this is kevin duran's legacy

90sgoat
04-18-2019, 02:24 PM
this is kevin duran's legacy

It's Lebron's legacy.

The league removed defense to postpone the inevitable decline of Lebron.

Warriors is the only team worth watching now.

StrongLurk
04-18-2019, 02:24 PM
More people streaming, plus the biggest loss...which is no playoff Lebron.

FreezingTsmoove
04-18-2019, 03:38 PM
Its was much more fun watching defensive battles in the tournament than watching the 3 pt chuckfest NBA. I dont mind the 3pt chuckfest when its a battle between 2 really good 3 point shooting teams but when you have retards like Darren Collison pulling up for 3 in a 2 on 1 fastbreak and Andre Drummond spamming 3s the game becomes unwatchable

Phenith
04-18-2019, 03:41 PM
My first thought when I saw the title was "NCAA players don't even get paid, AND it's against the rules for them to get any kind of compensation".

scuzzy
04-18-2019, 03:43 PM
no Lebron, no viewership

Zion :applause:

egokiller
04-18-2019, 03:58 PM
More people streaming, plus the biggest loss...which is no playoff Lebron.

There's less people streaming then there were streaming before. No one wants to watch this pussified version of basketball with it's current set of rules. Even if MJ were playing, viewership would be down under this rule set.

StrongLurk
04-18-2019, 04:12 PM
There's less people streaming then there were streaming before. No one wants to watch this pussified version of basketball with it's current set of rules. Even if MJ were playing, viewership would be down under this rule set.

Sounds like you should let things go, start watching different sports, and stop wasting your time on ISH :confusedshrug:

Hey Yo
04-18-2019, 04:22 PM
I find it kind of unusual that you have the Bucks with the best regular season record. Giannis who most think is this years MVP. So what's the best way to promote this great up and coming team and it's superstar?? Televise their playoff games on NBATV, a channel that probably more than half of America doesnt even have!!

I might be making a BFD about nothing, but I dont recall any 1 seeds playing on an obscure channel in the postseason. Obviously I could be wrong, but just dont remember it happening before.

red1
04-18-2019, 04:45 PM
happens at the exact same time lebron declines wow who could've seen that coming. :(

more proof that lebron IS the league :eek:

STATUTORY
04-18-2019, 04:49 PM
all superstars left the league better than when they arrived. except lebron, his superteam antics will leave the NBA reeling for DECADES, might outright killed the NBA to be honest.

L8krH8tr
04-18-2019, 05:02 PM
It

red1
04-18-2019, 05:02 PM
all superstars left the league better than when they arrived. except lebron, his superteam antics will leave the NBA reeling for DECADES, might outright killed the NBA to be honest.
lebron left the players in the best shape they've ever been - we got guys like lowry making 28mill a year now even scrubs like kobe getting 24mill a year on their way out. :eek:

Jameerthefear
04-18-2019, 05:42 PM
college basketball is more fun.

tpols
04-18-2019, 05:55 PM
People have been complaining about lack of team comraderie and loyalty pros vs college since forever... Where players are just in it for money, not winning. Super teams also helped kill it.

RoseCity07
04-18-2019, 06:14 PM
So far I've been loving watching the playoffs because the refs have let players be more physical than ever. Sure I''ve seen a couple flops but I've seen them let a lot of stuff go.

Doranku
04-18-2019, 06:18 PM
LeBron & Kevin Durant's shameless team hopping to join up with multiple all-stars ruined the NBA.

ImKobe
04-18-2019, 06:18 PM
Ratings are dropping because everyone knows that the Warriors will steamroll the PO's again and because illegal streams are more accessible than ever.

Wally450
04-18-2019, 06:21 PM
LeBron & Kevin Durant's shameless team hopping to join up with multiple all-stars ruined the NBA.

Ratings went up during LeBron's run in Miami because everyone wanted to see him fail. (The Floyd Mayweather effect)

With Durant's run, everyone knew the Warriors were going to win the championship the last 2 seasons. Could easily make it a third this year, but they're more vulnerable.

Doranku
04-18-2019, 06:24 PM
Ratings went up during LeBron's run in Miami because everyone wanted to see him fail. (The Floyd Mayweather effect)

With Durant's run, everyone knew the Warriors were going to win the championship the last 2 seasons. Could easily make it a third this year, but they're more vulnerable.

I don't think KD goes to GS if LeBron hadn't set the precedent... twice.

Ben Simmons 25
04-18-2019, 06:32 PM
Nobody cares about anything except LeBron.

Those of you that lick his balls and those of you that hate his guts... you're one in the same. You're damn near literally half of the NBA's viewership. You only care about one guy.

There is no other player in the league that matters. Just him. That's it.

The league needs a replacement and as of yet that guy hasn't hit the radar. Zion is extremely unlikely to be that guy.

Ben Simmons 25
04-18-2019, 06:33 PM
Ratings are dropping because everyone knows that the Warriors will steamroll the PO's again and because illegal streams are more accessible than ever.

No. The ratings dropped because LeBron is out. Don't bullshit yourself.

lol @ all the low IQ dipshits in this thread that believe this is about anything except LeBron's absence. Hahaha. Clueless. You guys as a collective literally don't even have the level of introspection required to be cognizant of the fact that no LeBron = massive ratings dropoff. Wow. You're dumber than I ever imagined.

LAmbruh
04-18-2019, 06:35 PM
Considering the insecure obsessive Kobe/MJ stans solely watch NBA to follow Lebron, it's no surprise this playoffs took a huge dive

Heck, 75% Kobe fanboys on ISH practically stopped posting :oldlol:

Ben Simmons 25
04-18-2019, 06:39 PM
Considering the insecure obsessive Kobe/MJ stans solely watch NBA to follow Lebron, it's no surprise this playoffs took a huge dive

Heck, 75% Kobe fanboys on ISH practically stopped posting :oldlol:

No shit, eh?

There's a reason the talk shows are still trying to figure out ways to talk about LeBron & the Lakers every single day on their programs despite the Lakers being out for a while now... they need those sweet LeBron driven ratings.

Here's an example... FROM TODAY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nai7ArVr4aY

There is no LeBron news... yet they keep trying to make it. :roll:

90sgoat
04-18-2019, 06:44 PM
The league needs a replacement and as of yet that guy hasn't hit the radar.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Luka.

https://f.ptcdn.info/949/061/000/plapdp6nyr44IzXPw1ix-o.png

Ben Simmons 25
04-18-2019, 06:46 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Luka.

Luka my ass, dumbass.

His ceiling isn't as high as someone like LeBron's. If it was, in today's obsessively interconnected media driven world, we would have heard about him with a level of significance prior to his rookie year.

Luka has a ton of upside but he has benefited from already playing with pros and he doesn't have the raw level of athleticism to ever carry the entire league.

You're dumb. I mean you are an ungodly level of dumb if you think Luka Doncic can drive league wide ratings like LeBron has. Hahahaha. Holy **** you're dumb!!!

LAmbruh
04-18-2019, 06:51 PM
:facepalm

Luka.

https://f.ptcdn.info/949/061/000/plapdp6nyr44IzXPw1ix-o.png
Zaza! :oldlol: :oldlol:

https://i.postimg.cc/HkdWYf4S/hjhjklhjk-bc.jpg

ArbitraryWater
04-18-2019, 07:00 PM
Zaza! :oldlol: :oldlol:

https://i.postimg.cc/HkdWYf4S/hjhjklhjk-bc.jpg

gimmick vote :hammerhead:

knicksman
04-18-2019, 07:01 PM
nba is going down ever since they rig it in lebrons favor. Nobody wants to watch a scripted league. And them beating the topdogs is just their desperate attempt to improve ratings. But as long as the league continues to favor certain players, Im not watching this cheap league.

knicksman
04-18-2019, 07:06 PM

this post just proves youre a dumbass. Of course in the short run, ratings would be high, but in the long run, when everybody is forming their superteams making the league watered down, it wont. And were feeling the effects of it now.

knicksman
04-18-2019, 07:10 PM
No. The ratings dropped because LeBron is out. Don't bullshit yourself.

lol @ all the low IQ dipshits in this thread that believe this is about anything except LeBron's absence. Hahaha. Clueless. You guys as a collective literally don't even have the level of introspection required to be cognizant of the fact that no LeBron = massive ratings dropoff. Wow. You're dumber than I ever imagined.

Ratings have been declining before this dummy. And its the rigged 2016 that killed the nba. Only cheapskates watches WWE like league.

ballinhun8
04-19-2019, 10:54 AM
I find it kind of unusual that you have the Bucks with the best regular season record. Giannis who most think is this years MVP. So what's the best way to promote this great up and coming team and it's superstar?? Televise their playoff games on NBATV, a channel that probably more than half of America doesnt even have!!

I might be making a BFD about nothing, but I dont recall any 1 seeds playing on an obscure channel in the postseason. Obviously I could be wrong, but just dont remember it happening before.

I would prefer the Bucks on NBA TV cuz they're not that exciting to watch and also cuz their series is so damn boring without Griffin buuuuut only their Game 3 is on NBA TV. But this past Sunday was just not that fun of games to watch.

I'm not sure the casual fan is interested in Harden's type of game or Westbrook's demeanor to get every stat. The C's and Pacers was probably the best matchup but without Dipo it loses luster.

Plus, outside of Boston and Houston and possibly Detroit, the rest of these games featured small market teams.

90sgoat
04-19-2019, 11:45 AM
The NBA should embrace being a global league now and focus more on Giannis, Jokic, Doncic, Embiid and so on.

hold this L
04-19-2019, 12:26 PM
Makes me wonder who gave the greenlight to alllow no defense in the current NBA. Did they do a survey and think of everyone wants to see no defense, jacking shots at a higher rate allow higher , faster offenses?
https://www.perry.lib.ia.us/images/SRP2018/AlienHead/image

We know whose responsible for this. Makes me very happy ratings are down. Maybe he can get fired.

NBASTATMAN
04-19-2019, 02:46 PM
LEBRON IS THE NBA.. NO BRON NO RATINGS.. :bowdown:

ArbitraryWater
04-19-2019, 03:21 PM
It's Lebron's legacy.

The league removed defense to postpone the inevitable decline of Lebron.

Warriors is the only team worth watching now.

i think its duran's legacy, it happened upon his move to GSW, and lebron still drives more rating than duran, so its literally duran's legacy

the warriors/rockets first encounter of this years season was one of the least watched primetime games ever... the "anticipated rematch of the real finals"