PDA

View Full Version : Who do you like better, Westbrook or lillard?

bison
04-20-2019, 01:32 AM
As people and basketball players

Hard to say, but I think I like Westbrook better ^_^

RRR3
04-20-2019, 01:41 AM
I like Westbrook better but I am a fan of both players.

bison
04-20-2019, 02:11 AM

Me too.

SpaceJam2
04-20-2019, 02:31 AM

Same here

People forget Westbrook was killing it in 2016 versus Warriors

27-11-7 with 4 steals per game!

tpols
04-20-2019, 02:48 AM
I mean Westbrook has the far better team... PG is all NBA caliber, better than cj. Nurkic out Adams wins. Role players a wash. He should win but dolla holla back dame is still up.

Prometheus
04-20-2019, 04:58 AM
Dame. As player and dude.

lilteapot
04-20-2019, 05:09 AM
Lillard, Westbrook seems like kind of a little bitch and he's an emotional retard on the court.

GimmeThat
04-20-2019, 05:45 AM
not up for me to say, how many other players career owes a thanks to them respectively?

coin24
04-20-2019, 06:04 AM
Dame by a mile..

Not a fan of tardbrooks game at all, stat padding loser and still hasn't figured out that he can't shoot 3s for shit:facepalm

kennethgriffen
04-20-2019, 06:23 AM

theres literally nothing about wrestbrook to like

1. can't shoot

2. pads stats

3. bad attitude

4. drives teammates away

5. he's a loser

6. he's ugly

7. he dresses like a ph@ggot

8. he stole hardens MVP

9. he ruined OKC's future

ok he hustles/plays hard... but i'm sure half of it is just him going for rebounds to chase more triple doubles

HylianNightmare
04-20-2019, 06:39 AM
This, k got 2 pairs of lillards to hoop in. I would've grabbed some westbrooks but they have that inner sock liner that I hate in shoes

SamuraiSWISH
04-20-2019, 09:16 AM
Dame. As player and dude.
This. Westbitch on and off the court.

TheCorporation
04-20-2019, 10:12 AM
Lillard, Westbrook seems like kind of a little bitch and he's an emotional retard on the court.

:lol.Dame all day

TheCorporation
04-20-2019, 10:13 AM

1. can't shoot

2. pads stats

3. bad attitude

4. drives teammates away

5. he's a loser

6. he's ugly

8. he stole hardens MVP

ok he hustles/plays hard... but i'm sure half of it is just him going for rebounds to chase more triple doubles

Mmeellttddoowwnn

90sgoat
04-20-2019, 10:18 AM
Neither, Kyrie is much better than both.

Jasper
04-20-2019, 10:39 AM
Westbrook is an all round player ,, I'd put him on my Bucks team any day(.)

3ball
04-20-2019, 10:41 AM
Lillard and Durant are showing that lethal scoring and clutch > triple-doubles of Westbrook and lebron

The threat of a lethal scorer can send opponents into disarray and end games in 1st quarter like we saw durant do last game, or say MJ in 92 Finals game 1

ImKobe
04-20-2019, 12:07 PM
Lillard and Durant are showing that lethal scoring and clutch > triple-doubles of Westbrook and lebron

The threat of a lethal scorer can send opponents into disarray and end games in 1st quarter like we saw durant do last game, or say MJ in 92 Finals game 1

Westbrook's had many clutch moments in the RS/Playoffs and has shown the ability in years past to take over games. Sure, he's less talented of a scorer compared to the two, but he did average 31.6 ppg on 55%TS just two years ago, Lillard's a better shooter, but his efficiency isn't that much higher compared to Russ at the same age. :confusedshrug:

At age 28:

Lillard 25.8 ppg 58.8%TS
Westbrook 31.6 ppg 55.4%TS

Dray n Klay
04-20-2019, 12:12 PM
Westbrook's had many clutch moments in the RS/Playoffs and has shown the ability in years past to take over games. Sure, he's less talented of a scorer compared to the two, but he did average 31.6 ppg on 55%TS just two years ago, Lillard's a better shooter, but his efficiency isn't that much higher compared to Russ at the same age. :confusedshrug:

At age 28:

Lillard 25.8 ppg 58.8%TS
Westbrook 31.6 ppg 55.4%TS

Kobe lost...

bison
04-20-2019, 12:23 PM

Lillard and Durant have better teams/teammates.

People say Westbrook statpads but eye test shows his passing and rebounding mobilize his mediocre team into competitors.

RRR3
04-20-2019, 12:27 PM
What the hell is wrong with some of you?

OP just asked who we liked better, not for your retarded ass agendas.

Cali Syndicate
04-20-2019, 12:46 PM
Lillard. Never liked Westbrook style of play. But his intensity and hustle is definitely unreal.

And lol at some of y'all talking about off the court like you know these dudes. Hilarious.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-20-2019, 01:12 PM
Lillard. Never liked Westbrook style of play. But his intensity and hustle is definitely unreal.

And lol at some of y'all talking about off the court like you know these dudes. Hilarious.

The bold is why I can never hate on dude.

Guy plays most possessions as if they were his last. Say what you want about the shot selection, but he is relentless.

Watching Westbrook play is like prime Jordan without the fundamentals and skill. Pure athleticism and sheer will.

imdaman99
04-20-2019, 01:28 PM
Westbrook has more heart. He has fight and I'll ride with him till the end.

Lol at Westbrook having the better team. Lillard lost Nurkic and they proceeded to go 8-2 without him. People thought Adams would dominate Kanter... has he??? No he hasn't. A hurt PG might not be better than CJ. CJ is having a great series himself. Who is having a great series on OKC?

AlternativeAcc.
04-20-2019, 01:34 PM
Westbrook has more heart. He has fight and I'll ride with him till the end.

Lol at Westbrook having the better team. Lillard lost Nurkic and they proceeded to go 8-2 without him. People thought Adams would dominate Kanter... has he??? No he hasn't. A hurt PG might not be better than CJ. CJ is having a great series himself. Who is having a great series on OKC?
You've got a point.

Adam's has always been overrated. Hes stiff and clumsily. Doesnt score. Has slightly above average D and thats it. Cant pass, no post skill. Trash.

PG is hurt.

The rest of the role players are garbage sans Schroeder when he gets hot from 3.

But westbrook himself is fatally flawed as well. Its gonna take pre allstar game PG to win the series for OKC.

Jingo
04-20-2019, 01:57 PM
Easily Lillard. Westbrook plays like an idiot and behaves like a 6 year old. Dame is all class and real leader

not up for me to say, how many other players career owes a thanks to them respectively?

:oldlol: What is your schtick? And how come everyone ignores you on cue?

Jingo
04-20-2019, 02:01 PM

I agree with you except when you lump in WestBrick with LeBron. The former is just a statpadder who would rather shoot his team out of games than stop taking retarded shots. The latter actually uses his brain on the court.

brooks_thompson
04-20-2019, 02:01 PM
It

3ball
04-20-2019, 02:12 PM
I agree with you except when you lump in WestBrick with LeBron. The former is just a statpadder who would rather shoot his team out of games than stop taking retarded shots. The latter actually uses his brain on the court.
The biggest myth in sports, maybe sports history is that lebron is a genius basketball player

People are simply conflating his physical talent (Karl Malone body and guard handle) with smart play (ball movement.. scoring without dominating the ball/hurting ball movement)

Lebron fields low-assist teams that have weak ball movement and brand of ball.. the common thread in his last 4 Finals losses is massive deficits in team assists

Ultimately, Lebron's approach of turning teammates into spot-up shooters doesn't compete well on the championship level (3/9), nor does it develop teammates/teams, so it only wins with excess talent (2 ready-made stars) to offset the reduction in brand of ball/team development

Essentially, lebron plays similar to Westbrook but just shoots a little better and has the advantage of being much taller.. and team-hopping - westbrook could make the same Finals with Wade/Bosh or Kyrie/Love in a weak East

RRR3
04-20-2019, 02:16 PM
SHUT THE **** UP 3BALL.

Proctor
04-20-2019, 02:21 PM
Lillard by far.

Westbrook's motor and energy is great, but he is an emotional idiot on the court and has somehow regressed into a mediocre at best shooter.

My only knock on Lillard in the past has been his shot selection, but he has been excellent this series, and carries himself much better than Dumbbrook.

AlternativeAcc.
04-20-2019, 02:24 PM
The biggest myth in sports, maybe sports history is that lebron is a genius basketball player

People are simply conflating his physical talent (Karl Malone body and guard handle) with smart play (ball movement.. scoring without dominating the ball/hurting ball movement)

Lebron fields low-assist teams that have weak ball movement and brand of ball.. the common thread in his last 4 Finals losses is massive deficits in team assists

Ultimately, Lebron's approach of turning teammates into spot-up shooters doesn't compete well on the championship level (3/9), nor does it develop teammates/teams, so it only wins with excess talent (2 ready-made stars) to offset the reduction in brand of ball/team development

Essentially, lebron plays similar to Westbrook but just shoots a little better and has the advantage of being much taller.. and team-hopping - westbrook could make the same Finals with Wade/Bosh or Kyrie/Love in a weak East
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405123

3ball
04-20-2019, 02:30 PM
I was talking physically

Not mentally, obviously, or style of play

AlternativeAcc.
04-20-2019, 02:37 PM
I was talking physically

Not mentally, obviously, or style of play
That's fine but you said WB was best in the league... obviously laughable even at the time.. but it's funny how you change your tune and now cite llllard as the better player due to style of play

WB was even more of a ball dominator in 2016 than he is now.. so something doesn't add up

it's almost as if you have an agenda

3ball
04-20-2019, 02:41 PM
That's fine but you said WB was best in the league... obviously laughable even at the time.. but it's funny how you change your tune and now cite llllard as the better player due to style of play

WB was even more of a ball dominator in 2016 than he is now.. so something doesn't add up

it's almost as if you have an agenda
He had the best stats

I was drawing a corollary between Westbrook's goat stats, and his physical inferiority to MJ

If Westbrook gets the best stats at 6'3" and 36 inch vertical, than MJ would go bananas at 6'6" and 44+ vert

AlternativeAcc.
04-20-2019, 02:44 PM
He had the best stats

I was drawing a corollary between Westbrook's goat stats, and his physical inferiority to MJ

If Westbrook gets the best stats at 6'3" and 36 inch vertical, than MJ would go bananas at 6'6" and 44+ vert
But LeBron has GOAT career stats but you say it doesn't count because style of play

3ball
04-20-2019, 02:48 PM
But LeBron has GOAT career stats but you say it doesn't count because style of play
He has goat career totals due to games played and also "accumulation" advanced stats that are tied to games played (win shares, vorp)

But MJ has the best per game stats and "rate" advanced stats that aren't tied to games played (PER, ws/48, usage and ORtg)

Lebron has career totals but MJ did more per game.. lebron played longer, but mj's DEGREE of domination was greater

Dray n Klay
04-20-2019, 02:50 PM
He had the best stats

So then LeBron at 6

AlternativeAcc.
04-20-2019, 02:53 PM
He has goat career totals due to games played and also "accumulation" advanced stats that are tied to games played (win shares, vorp)

But MJ has the best per game stats and "rate" advanced stats that aren't tied to games played (PER, ws/48, usage and ORtg)

Lebron has career totals but MJ did more per game.. lebron played longer, but mj's DEGREE of domination was greater
But you said LeBron isn't even top 25 all-time despite GOAT stats and extended domination

Doesn't add up

LeBron has better playoff and finals stats than Jordan 2

3ball
04-20-2019, 02:53 PM
So then LeBron at 6’8 and 48+ vertical would get even better stats (in his prime)
Except he didn't

Probably because he doesn't have the lightning guard speed that Westbrook and MJ had, doesn't have a 48 inch vertical that you stated, and isn't a knockdown, goat shooter like MJ

It's funny because people laud Lebron's 28/8/8 when westie has been better than that for years.. typical bias and overrating Bron, hence the "surprise" collapse this year (shouldn't have been a surprise)

Dray n Klay
04-20-2019, 02:54 PM
Except he didn't

Probably because he doesn't have the guard speed that Westbrook and MJ had, doesn't have a 48 inch vertical that you stated, and isn't a knockdown, goat shooter like MJ

He got better stats in his 13th season than MJs 13th season

He got better stats in his 14th season than MJs 14th season

He got better stats in his 15th season than MJs 15th season

3ball
04-20-2019, 03:01 PM
He got better stats in his 13th season than MJs 13th season

He got better stats in his 14th season than MJs 14th season

He got better stats in his 15th season than MJs 15th season
At 35 years old, MJ won the 98' ring with kukoc as the starting PF and Pippen was severely hobbled (16 on 40% in both ECF and Finals)

Jordan 3-peated over the Jazz that year, while lebron collapsed in the same spot in 2014...

And those jazz had BEATEN duncan and shaq to make those Finals, so there's no excuses.. MJ is just better in comparable situations time and time again.. :confusedshrug:

hold this L
04-20-2019, 03:03 PM
Dame seems like a cool dude to hang out with. Westbrook is the better player despite having half the braincells Lillard has.

SpaceJam2
04-20-2019, 03:03 PM

:eek: :eek:

AlternativeAcc.
04-20-2019, 03:08 PM
:eek: :eek:
I now summon... SPACEJAM2 to finish off 3ball

https://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkn22qJMhv1qcl8fjo1_400.gif

RRR3
04-20-2019, 03:13 PM
At 35 years old, MJ won the 98' ring with kukoc as the starting PF and Pippen was severely hobbled (16 on 40% in both ECF and Finals)

Jordan 3-peated over the Jazz that year, while lebron collapsed in the same spot in 2014...

And those jazz had BEATEN duncan and shaq to make those Finals, so there's no excuses.. MJ is just better in comparable situations time and time again.. :confusedshrug:
This thread isn’t about Jordan or LeBron. SHUT. UP.

Smoke117
04-20-2019, 03:29 PM

1. can't shoot

2. pads stats

3. bad attitude

4. drives teammates away

5. he's a loser

6. he's ugly

8. he stole hardens MVP

I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with something your stupid ass said, but this is pretty spot on.

imdaman99
04-20-2019, 03:39 PM
You've got a point.

Adam's has always been overrated. Hes stiff and clumsily. Doesnt score. Has slightly above average D and thats it. Cant pass, no post skill. Trash.

PG is hurt.

The rest of the role players are garbage sans Schroeder when he gets hot from 3.

But westbrook himself is fatally flawed as well. Its gonna take pre allstar game PG to win the series for OKC.
:lol that's fine. I always felt he was a bad shooter but had to take those shots because teams pack the paint against his teams. KD was the only consistent threat that could shoot back then, now it's PG. PG has been off so it's up to others to shoot. That's why he needs Grant and Ferguson and Shroeder to be able to make those shots. I'd rather Russ not take any 3s myself. He should take 1 or 2 and live with that.

I'm fine with people liking Lillard over Westbrook. I'll take Russ though. He's a real one. He has beef with half the league :lol

3ball
04-20-2019, 03:40 PM
LeBron has better playoff and finals stats than Jordan 2

Heck no

LEBRON PLAYOFFS:. 28.9 ppg.. 58% ts.. 116 ortg

So why not average more at that same efficiency?

JORDAN PLAYOFFS:. 33.5 ppg.. 57% ts.. 118 ortg

mj simply DID MORE - scored 5 more points at the same efficiency (and the gap is bigger if we look at Finals only)

MJ also led in oreb, spg, ft%, and all the "rate" advanced stats that aren't tied to games played (PER, ws/48, and usage)

Lebron has career totals but MJ did more per game.. lebron played longer, but mj's DEGREE of domination was greater, hence the greater ppg and "rate" advanced stats

But you said LeBron isn't even top 25 all-time despite GOAT stats and extended domination

Doesn't add up

Lebron was westbrooking his whole career, which achieved all-time stats but not all-time winning

So not a top 10 player imo

He dominates the ball more than anyone ever has - heck, we're seeing superior basketball in the playoffs this year

RRR3
04-20-2019, 03:40 PM
:lol that's fine. I always felt he was a bad shooter but had to take those shots because teams pack the paint against his teams. KD was the only consistent threat that could shoot back then, now it's PG. PG has been off so it's up to others to shoot. That's why he needs Grant and Ferguson and Shroeder to be able to make those shots. I'd rather Russ not take any 3s myself. He should take 1 or 2 and live with that.

I'm fine with people liking Lillard over Westbrook. I'll take Russ though. He's a real one. He has beef with half the league :lol
He shot 3s decently his MVP year

imdaman99
04-20-2019, 03:49 PM
He shot 3s decently his MVP year
His MVP year was special. Dude was hitting 30 footers to win/send games into OT :lol he was really clutch, which is why I thought he deserved his MVP. Even then, it was a respectable % but not close to 40%. I thought he would improve his 3s in the playoffs, yesterday he made them. He's making his FTs too, which was a concern in the reg season. I hope this series goes 6-7.

RRR3
04-20-2019, 03:51 PM
His MVP year was special. Dude was hitting 30 footers to win/send games into OT :lol he was really clutch, which is why I thought he deserved his MVP. Even then, it was a respectable % but not close to 40%. I thought he would improve his 3s in the playoffs, yesterday he made them. He's making his FTs too, which was a concern in the reg season. I hope this series goes 6-7.
Becoming so bad at FTs has to be the main reason he’s gotten so much worse.

And yeah I loved MVPBrook. Shit was incredible near the end of the season.

eliteballer
04-20-2019, 08:42 PM
Lilllard, Westbrook has serious maturity issues.

Dray n Klay
04-20-2019, 08:44 PM
Lilllard, Westbrook has serious maturity issues.

Why, does Westbrook have a thousand LeBron photos and watches them all night? :lol

bobopenguin
04-20-2019, 08:45 PM
Lillard.
westbrook is like a spoiled brat when comepares to Dame.

imdaman99
04-20-2019, 08:51 PM
Westbrook is a spoiled brat yet Dame is the one crying and writing letters for all star game about not making it??? :wtf:
OK ISH :cheers: :lol maybe one day Russ can get swept in the playoffs in his prime :confusedshrug:

Smoke117
04-20-2019, 08:52 PM
Westbrook is a spoiled brat yet Dame is the one crying and writing letters for all star game about not making it??? :wtf:
OK ISH :cheers: :lol maybe one day Russ can get swept in the playoffs in his prime :confusedshrug:

You haven't melted down this hard since the last time you saw a muslim woman in public without a hijab on.

imdaman99
04-20-2019, 10:57 PM
You haven't melted down this hard since the last time you saw a muslim woman in public without a hijab on.
Oh look you're still active. CP3 must not have had his yearly injury in the playoffs yet :lol

Just kidding, wanna see the Rockets at full strength :coleman:

Smoke117
04-20-2019, 10:59 PM
Oh look you're still active. CP3 must not have had his yearly injury in the playoffs yet :lol

Just kidding, wanna see the Rockets at full strength :coleman:

I don't even care about the Rockets. I'm a Celtics fan, noob.