PDA

View Full Version : Siakam > DeRozan ever was

Grey Dawn
04-21-2019, 11:09 AM
I

SpaceJam2
04-21-2019, 11:30 AM
I'm not saying it's not possible but let's slow down a little on Siakam. He scored 7 points per game last year. Let's give him a little time to develop and prove it for multiple years like DeMar. Put some respeck on his name man.

DeMar had Lowry
Siakam has Kawhi and Lowry

Let's see how Siakam does next year with no more Kawhi at the least

E_Stamkos
04-21-2019, 11:43 AM
I'm not saying it's not possible but let's slow down a little on Siakam. He scored 7 points per game last year. Let's give him a little time to develop and prove it for multiple years like DeMar. Put some respeck on his name man.

DeMar had Lowry
Siakam has Kawhi and Lowry

Let's see how Siakam does next year with no more Kawhi at the least

I think these are some fair points. Despite being second in line for points on this team, he's still arguably the 3rd cog in the wheel. This is a much more experienced, talented and deeper team than Derzoan ever suited up with during his time here.

Assigned roles are the biggest piece here... Demar was always expected to be our first option, which simply isn't in his arsenal to do so. He's just not that guy especially come playoff time where defenses lock-in and your 2nd option is Kyle Lowry. The team busted ass in the regular season, hence the favourable results but were just not properly constructed to win against real contenders, let alone against the likes of a Lebron James led team. The Demar led Toronto Raptors were always the quintessential Pretender team.

That all said, do I believe Siakim has what it takes to positively impact a game in more ways than Demar ever could... Absolutely

But it's all relative...

PeroAntic
04-21-2019, 12:08 PM
Derozan is one of the most skilled players in the league, with impeccable footwork, post moves and scoring ability. Siakam has long way to go to reach that level of ability on offense.

fsvr54
04-21-2019, 06:47 PM
I agree with OP, not too early at all.

red1
04-21-2019, 07:22 PM
siakam guaranteed all-star next year perennial all-star after that

LeCola
04-21-2019, 07:23 PM
I think any player would be better than DeRozan.

Because, he plays well in regular season, so you can't tank and get some good picks.

Then he chokes in playoffs and you cant success.

Same as Lowry...

Bronbron23
04-21-2019, 07:42 PM
I wouldn't really argue this but according to most of the idiots on here that means siakam is better than mj too :roll:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-21-2019, 07:44 PM
easily

he was robbed of allstar and should make all NBA 3rd team and all defense too

hes better than Lousy ever was too

Grey Dawn
04-21-2019, 09:09 PM
Siakam getting rest second half tonight, charging up for Philly