PDA

View Full Version : Why does curry always get a pass on this forum?

Bronbron23
04-21-2019, 08:21 PM
Every other great player in the league gets crucified on here when they have shit games. In the post season curry probably has more bad games than any of them though. Every year in the playoffs he routinely gets out played by numerous players from both teams but no one ever says anything. Why is this?

LAmbruh
04-21-2019, 08:24 PM
because like you said, he's gets outplayed and is never the man

no need to criticize role players and beat a dead dog

Mr.GOAT2408
04-21-2019, 08:32 PM
He does get criticized, the difference is most rational people know he's not the best player on his own team and they also know he isn't a 6'8 freak of nature with CHOSEN-1 tattooed on his back. Little more criticism goes KD and LeBron's way for those reasons

Kblaze8855
04-21-2019, 08:34 PM
A bad curry game is like 6-16 for 19 points in a close win. How much criticism is he supposed to get for missing irrelevant shots in a early series nobody will remember?

red1
04-21-2019, 08:34 PM
nba on tnt straight up said they don't even have him top5 in the league.

lebron
kd
giannis
james
kawhi

was the consensus - no curry in sight :roll:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-21-2019, 08:36 PM
A bad curry game is like 6-16 for 19 points in a close win. How much criticism is he supposed to get for missing irrelevant shots in a early series nobody will remember?

he was 3-14 today.......12pts

reality is no one expects Steph to show up in road games like they do KD. Road playoff games are for the true ATGs

AlternativeAcc.
04-21-2019, 08:36 PM

lebron
kd
giannis
james
kawhi

And why should they?

He's not even in my top 10 and I'm the most credible mind on here. (never been wrong)

StrongLurk
04-21-2019, 08:37 PM
Why does OP feel the need to call out when Curry has a bad game sometimes but ignore that he has great games most of the time?

Before today, Curry put up 29/7/5 on 81%TS in only 30mpg...32.48 PER.

Where were you in those first 3 games OP?

Honestly, there are like 3 players that get called out for bad games here due to retarded, irrational stans.

I'd take Curry over Harden in the playoffs.

Bronbron23
04-21-2019, 08:40 PM
He's gone worse than that while playing bad defence in big losses. The warriors choked a 3-1 lead in the finals partially because of his play. I think everyone remembers that.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-21-2019, 08:43 PM
Why does OP feel the need to call out when Curry has a bad game sometimes but ignore that he has great games most of the time?

Honestly, there are like 3 players that get called out for bad games here due to retarded, irrational stans.

did u watch game 3? His defense was horrible. They were picking on lil boi and he was in foul trouble all game. He made his shots at least

Big164
04-21-2019, 08:43 PM

lebron
kd
giannis
james
kawhi

Id draft Steph #1 to build a team around.

He plays well with other Superstars, and elevates mid-level guys like Barnes & Bogut to champions.

scuzzy
04-21-2019, 08:44 PM
front running scorer

always will be, always has been

when the lights are bright and the pressure is on, he takes a backseat until the team is in a good position where he feels confidence enough to chuck without consequence

AlternativeAcc.
04-21-2019, 08:45 PM

He plays well with other Superstars, and elevates mid-level guys like Barnes & Bogut to champions.
All you gotta do is pair him with 3 prime Olympians and elite head coach/bench production.

:oldlol:

Klay > Curry

Dumpster > your apartment

red1

yeah if he's playing with draymond klay iggy, and going up against a 6-man team in the finals missing their 2nd and 3rd option :roll:

cavs would've been 2-2 against stephanie if kyrie was healthy in the 2015 finals

SpaceJam2

lebron
kd
giannis
james
kawhi

Yikes

The Consensus strikes again :pimp

StrongLurk
04-21-2019, 08:48 PM
Who has done more in this league than Curry besides Lebron and KD?

Nobody.

Hell Curry even made Durant join the Warriors after beating them...

Bronbron23
04-21-2019, 08:52 PM

So would I. I'd take curry over most guys. I'd take him over LeBron right now due to LeBron slightly declining and curry being in his prime.

I ask now because he obviously just had another bad playoff game and as usual no one says anything.

StrongLurk
04-21-2019, 08:55 PM
So would I. I'd take curry over most guys. I'd take him over LeBron right now due to LeBron slightly declining and curry being in his prime.

I ask now because he obviously just had another bad playoff game and as usual no one says anything.

It's mostly people are extremely burnt out on the Warriors.

Curry got tons of flack in 2015 and 2016...but once KD joined it was just overload for most people and they stopped truly caring.

AlternativeAcc.
04-21-2019, 08:55 PM

Nobody.

Hell Curry even made Durant join the Warriors after beating them...
He didn't beat anybody

without Klay saving them in game 6 with 41 the Warriors go home empty-handed despite 73-win season

Klay saved the season and Curry lost FMVP to Iggy the year prior (asterisk ring against all injured teams)

Yikes. Just not cutout to be the man.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/82/b0/9b/82b09bda087a6e372312e79b03041ad4.jpg

StrongLurk
04-21-2019, 09:01 PM
He didn't beat anybody

without Klay saving them in game 6 with 41 the Warriors go home empty-handed despite 73-win season

Klay saved the season and Curry lost FMVP to Iggy the year prior (asterisk ring against all injured teams)

Yikes. Just not cutout to be the man.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/82/b0/9b/82b09bda087a6e372312e79b03041ad4.jpg

So then, let's just go with your trolling...and say Curry has won nothing.

Can you still name other players who have done more than Curry besides KD and Lebron over the last 5-6 years?

Seems like you tried to troll hard but still just mentioned KD...which I already said.

AlternativeAcc.
04-21-2019, 09:05 PM
So then, let's just go with your trolling...and say Curry has won nothing.

Can you still name other players who have done more than Curry besides KD and Lebron over the last 5-6 years?

Seems like you tried to troll hard but still just mentioned KD...which I already said.
Harden has been a better regular season player over the past 5 seasons

Should've won MVP in 2015 and 2017, and also this year

So in reality Harden should have 4 MVP's to Curry's 1

Same number of FMVP's despite Harden having 10000x less help and opportunity

these are facts son

StrongLurk
04-21-2019, 09:07 PM

these are facts son

Seems like you just made up those facts...since they aren't facts.

AlternativeAcc.
04-21-2019, 09:13 PM
Seems like you just made up those facts...since they aren't facts.
Harden has finished top 5 in MVP voting the last 5 out of 6 years (top 2 on 4 different occasions)

Curry only twice top 5 (and robbed Harden in 2015)

Those facts good enough for you?

Kblaze8855
04-21-2019, 10:08 PM
He's gone worse than that while playing bad defence in big losses. The warriors choked a 3-1 lead in the finals partially because of his play. I think everyone remembers that.

You

Celtics 1825
04-21-2019, 10:17 PM
Who is giving him a pass besides warriorfan and his alts? I've seen plenty of Curry criticism here.

tpols
04-21-2019, 10:19 PM

Nobody.

um... huh?

Ding0 has done and won more than both.

tpols
04-21-2019, 10:19 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]You

Dray n Klay
04-21-2019, 10:24 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]You

BigShotBob
04-21-2019, 10:45 PM
He's a jump shooter, it's bound to happen. Even if he's the greatest shooter ever, you can't hit them fall. Plus he was in foul trouble again. But he has impact just running hard off of screens anyways.

Kblaze8855
04-22-2019, 07:16 AM
What about 4 FMVP votes in 5 years

Another in a long list of manufactured standards.

Nobody even 5 years ago had ever bothered to check on finals MVP votes and you never heard how many finals MVPs magic, Kareem, Bird or most anyone had coming up. You may have heard Jordans mentioned. And Shaq when he went for 3 in a row. Thats about it.

People just repeat the same stale stupid points so often that when someone finds a new one they latch on and repeat it even more than the others for a while just for something new to say. The finals MVP vote thing is Stephs version.

coin24
04-22-2019, 07:36 AM
Curry not in the current top 5 but bran is? How's he performing in the playoffs so far??

E_Stamkos
04-22-2019, 08:07 AM

these are facts son

You're a retarded bag of horse shit.

Facts son...

ArbitraryWater
04-22-2019, 08:12 AM

um, 3-14 for 12 pts would be a loss for most other superstars and a 2-2 series in the 1st round, if they didnt have ATG help.

why are you so limited?

Stephonit
04-22-2019, 09:19 AM
Curry's game doesn't revolve around statpadding. He is just as likely to contribute to winning by enhancing his teammates by drawing attention away from them with his gravity as he is shooting his opponents into submission.

His game is cleaner too. Compare his rebounding with Westbrook's. Compare his foul drawing with Harden's.

He is underrated as it is and being graded on a curve. Moaning about a guy who is already underrated is pathetic.

clutchinho
04-22-2019, 09:27 AM
He's an skinny guy who's not tall or long for his position who can't guard anyone and is an average athlete compared to his competition. He's already overachived, why would anyone expect more out of Curry when he's already maximised his talents. He plays egoless basketball, it's not his fault he can't revert to being a 6 foot 8 athletic freak to get him out of sticky situations.

KD saved Curry from being a one title wonder.

sdot_thadon
04-22-2019, 09:52 AM
Curry gets criticized by his haters easily, his fans of course not. I think it hurts him more that he gets kid gloved so often because it places him on a lower tier than he should be as a player. Maybe it's his likeable image? Maybe easier more comfortable targets exist so people would rather go at the low hanging fruit?

Bronbron23
04-22-2019, 12:11 PM
Curry's game doesn't revolve around statpadding. He is just as likely to contribute to winning by enhancing his teammates by drawing attention away from them with his gravity as he is shooting his opponents into submission.

His game is cleaner too. Compare his rebounding with Westbrook's. Compare his foul drawing with Harden's.

He is underrated as it is and being graded on a curve. Moaning about a guy who is already underrated is pathetic.
I'll give you credit this is actually a pretty good point. Hos impact does go well beyond stats. The stress his shooting capabilities puts on an offence is definitely hard to quantify and is underrated for sure.

imdaman99
04-22-2019, 12:12 PM
Because he wins. He has a lot of help. But they play in the Curry system, he gets everyone else open looks. Remember how guardable KD became at the end of his run with OKC? Exactly.

Bronbron23
04-22-2019, 12:39 PM
Because he wins. He has a lot of help. But they play in the Curry system, he gets everyone else open looks. Remember how guardable KD became at the end of his run with OKC? Exactly.
Kd didn't become gaurdable lol he just missed shots. And before kd Steph only won once and it was a heavily depleted Cavs team

Cali Syndicate
04-22-2019, 12:49 PM
Kd didn't become gaurdable lol he just missed shots. And before kd Steph only won once and it was a heavily depleted Cavs team

KD is a far more dynamic offensive player now than he was in OKC.

red1
04-22-2019, 01:07 PM
curry is a babydikk bitch but he's also an incredible player. I'm not really sure how to feel about him. sometimes he seems like an inferior player to kyrie, looking like kyrie's son and at other times he looks like an MVP-caliber top-tier player in the league.

very difficult player to rank.

Bronbron23
04-22-2019, 01:14 PM
A little bit yeah. Not far more. He has the same moves he did in OKC and he's no more athletic now then he was then. It's much easier for him in golden state for obvious reasons

PistonsFan#21
04-22-2019, 03:00 PM

Far more?? Based on what? His offensive game was already top notch since 2012-13. If anything he was quicker, better driver back then and is now a bit slower but has more of a post game. His shooting hasnt changed.

superduper
04-22-2019, 03:07 PM

Your hate for Curry is odd

STATUTORY
04-22-2019, 03:18 PM
literally has an agenda alt with username "Dray n Klay" but Curry supposedly gets a pass? :roll:

Bronbron23
04-22-2019, 03:25 PM
Your hate for Curry is odd
Why? And I don't hate the guy lol. He's annoying with his Reggie Miller's like antics but he's a great player obviously. I've never said he wasn't unlike most guys who actually hate players who will call them trash or whatever. Nothing I've said about him and the warriors isn't true.

Kblaze8855
04-22-2019, 03:30 PM
um, 3-14 for 12 pts would be a loss for most other superstars and a 2-2 series in the 1st round, if they didnt have ATG help.

why are you so limited?

I hate to put it this way but its the truth....

The problem here is that im a reasonable man...and most of the people on here...yourself included...act like childish bitches.

Its why I barely get involved in conversations.

So many of you straight up behave like children and you dont even see it. Youre too close to see it probably.

We have a world full of hate. A society full of people who get more out of outlandish hate on the team/political party/athlete they dont like than supporting their own. And its amplified when you get on the internet and people have the screen to hide behind. Internet discussions are like...85-90% pure hate. And much of it comes from a childish world view. And ill explain why...

You ask the clowns why they behave as they do the answer is always the same. "But he gets to do it!" and complaining about whats fair. You know who lashes out over whats fair and not being able to act a fool just because someone else gets to do it?

A 5 year old. Oh when you people grow up and your balls come out of your ribcage and you find a woman to let you create a child...you will learn. Nobody is more concerned about whats fair...than a 5 year old. A 5 year old is old enough to have full conversations with and understand whats happening around them...but not old enough to understand that ____ doing it doesnt mean you should do it.

A pre K kid loves to stomp and tell you "Its not faaaaaaaair" when they cant do what they feel is their right....especially if someone else DOES get to do it.

Adults for the most part dont act like that because grown people see that the world isnt fair. We dont walk around expecting it. We do what we can within the confines of accepted society. We see someone acting a fool we sit back and watch for them to get the smack in the face life usually finds a way to give you. We dont just...go act a fool with them. We are adults.

And what does that have to do with Steph Curry?

You and others no doubt come on here and see ____ and _____ being hated on. You like ____ and your little ho assed feelings are bruised. So whats the reaction? Instead of simply responding to the unreasonable people in adult fashion....you want more hate on other people you feel arent getting their fair share. ITs where we get response topics.

Clown 1 - Look what Lebron did in 2007! Overrated!

Ho ass 6 year old brained poster - Look what Jordan did in 1988! Overrated!

Neither of them have anything to say about the subjects. Only things to say about what the other guy did or didnt do. Conversation is impossible because both are only interested in creating a balance in the hate or getting their side the upper hand.

They are too childish to see hate on ____ and not respond with hate on ____ because "Thats not faaaaaaaaaaaair!".

So on the issue of Steph.....a lot of fans are salty because he doesnt in their eyes....get enough hate. These idiots actually think...in this world drowning in hate....that more is required because its not fair he doesnt get enough.

In reality...everyone gets too much. The fix is to just stop feeding the hate machine and just appreciate amazing players without firing off a ****ing flare and bringing out a megaphone to call attention to every off shooting night or bad turnover game. An adult...who has seen it all for decades? Hes seen everyone have shit games. Be it Jordan, or Curry, Lebron, Shaq, Magic, Bird or Kareem. Whatever. Some got more hate than others. And the answer was NEVER to increase hate on anyone...because that just causes counter hate.

I was guilty of it myself when I was young and pea brained like most of you. I wasnt a child when Penny was in his prime but I was immature. And I hated on Penny.

Why?

My idiot cousins hating on Jordan acting like Penny was the new better version. So I spent the mid 90s....calling out the fault and hating...on one of the more interesting great players of my lifetimes. A 6'7'' point who could score inside and out....had a naaaaaaaaasty post game...passed like diet Magic....raised his teammates performance. I spent his prime hating....and now I wish I could watch it all over with my grown up brain and really appreciate it. I did the same thing with Doctor J. People compared Jordan to him and all I saw was an aging sometimes flashy has been. My young ass looking up stats in almanacs and on basketball cards like "Doctor J wasnt that good". Dont get me wrong...I like his game...liked his big hands moves and I tried to steal them...but I didnt **** with him like that. He was a rival(in my childish brain) of MJ.

And I watch it happen all over again only now on the internet where you can really show your ass.

Kblaze8855
04-22-2019, 03:30 PM
One of the all time elite scorers....a winner....a trend setting evolutionary leap of a talent along the lines of a Wilt, Doctor J, or Magic...

This wonderful, entertaining, ring stacking, monster talent....needs to be hated on more....because bitch ass bird brained adolescent minded posters cant stand to see ___, ____, and ____ get hate and he get less.

Got you on here acting like youre bright talking about how if his team were worse his bad games would result in more losses.

What an astute observation smart guy. You out here ascending to the astral plane on us normies with that one! I mean...who among us had the basic understanding to see that stars on bad teams....are more prone to lose when they play poorly individually? Thats exactly the kinds high end analysis I expect from the pre k crowd we have here. You should all get your juice boxes and settle down for a early afternoon nap after burning all that brain power....

We can just ignore that a Steph bad game is often still a win....and not just because of talented teammates...but his willingness to let talented teammates win the game when they have it going. Its a lot smarter to be 3-14 when your teammates are KD and Klay than to be 7-28. His willingness to see he doesnt have it and let people go off who do...is part of the reason his teams can still play a high level when he struggles.

Is it a luxury people on bad teams dont have? Of course it is.

My answer?

So ****ing what. Lose the tighty whiteys, start keeping your hair shaped up, shower every day, get a part time job, tell that girl you wanna take her out, and grow the **** up. If you cant act like men you can act like teenagers.

Be it Bill Russell, Wilt in Philly and LA, Magic, Bird, Isiah on the Bad Boys, Jordan in the 90s, Shaq/Kobe when they had eachother, the Heatles, the Big 3 Celtics, or the Warriors...people on great teams are able to get away with having less dominant games individually...

And most of them...the smart ones at least?

Embrace it.

You know why Steph Curry can only take 14 shots? Because he plays a brand of basketball that makes others want to play with him...because he has the humility to accept other big names to take shots and win trophies...because he knows the secret Isiah Thomas said was the key to basketball...

That its not about basketball.

Its about getting along with your teammates. Its about putting winning over numbers. Its about the extra pass. Its about bringing in other good players and making them part of the team.

It doesnt bother me Steph was 3-14. It would bother me if Steph were 6-28. But thats almost never gonna happen....because he would give the ball up first.

Its your 5 vs the other 5.

It doesnt matter who scores. It matters that your team gets the ball in the basket. When you graduate into big boy school of basketball youll stop looking for reasons to hate and just appreciate good basketball.

A big part of that?

Seeing that not shooting a lot when you dont have it....is good basketball. Letting your teammates score to win....is good basketball. You dont have to score to play properly.You have to win. The toddlers room wanting to see your box score dominance doesnt mean you need to strive to provide it. It means they need to stop shitting in their pants, learn the game, and realize that every great player NOT being hated on is a miracle we all need to enjoy while we have it.

The only people worried about increasing hate on anyone are the "Its not fair." crowd and really....they need to go back to their lunchables and let adults who know fairness doesnt exist talk ball like men.

Bronbron23
04-22-2019, 04:06 PM
I hate to put it this way but its the truth....

The problem here is that im a reasonable man...and most of the people on here...yourself included...act like childish bitches.

Its why I barely get involved in conversations.

So many of you straight up behave like children and you dont even see it. Youre too close to see it probably.

We have a world full of hate. A society full of people who get more out of outlandish hate on the team/political party/athlete they dont like than supporting their own. And its amplified when you get on the internet and people have the screen to hide behind. Internet discussions are like...85-90% pure hate. And much of it comes from a childish world view. And ill explain why...

You ask the clowns why they behave as they do the answer is always the same. "But he gets to do it!" and complaining about whats fair. You know who lashes out over whats fair and not being able to act a fool just because someone else gets to do it?

A 5 year old. Oh when you people grow up and your balls come out of your ribcage and you find a woman to let you create a child...you will learn. Nobody is more concerned about whats fair...than a 5 year old. A 5 year old is old enough to have full conversations with and understand whats happening around them...but not old enough to understand that ____ doing it doesnt mean you should do it.

A pre K kid loves to stomp and tell you "Its not faaaaaaaair" when they cant do what they feel is their right....especially if someone else DOES get to do it.

Adults for the most part dont act like that because grown people see that the world isnt fair. We dont walk around expecting it. We do what we can within the confines of accepted society. We see someone acting a fool we sit back and watch for them to get the smack in the face life usually finds a way to give you. We dont just...go act a fool with them. We are adults.

And what does that have to do with Steph Curry?

You and others no doubt come on here and see ____ and _____ being hated on. You like ____ and your little ho assed feelings are bruised. So whats the reaction? Instead of simply responding to the unreasonable people in adult fashion....you want more hate on other people you feel arent getting their fair share. ITs where we get response topics.

Clown 1 - Look what Lebron did in 2007! Overrated!

Ho ass 6 year old brained poster - Look what Jordan did in 1988! Overrated!

Neither of them have anything to say about the subjects. Only things to say about what the other guy did or didnt do. Conversation is impossible because both are only interested in creating a balance in the hate or getting their side the upper hand.

They are too childish to see hate on ____ and not respond with hate on ____ because "Thats not faaaaaaaaaaaair!".

So on the issue of Steph.....a lot of fans are salty because he doesnt in their eyes....get enough hate. These idiots actually think...in this world drowning in hate....that more is required because its not fair he doesnt get enough.

In reality...everyone gets too much. The fix is to just stop feeding the hate machine and just appreciate amazing players without firing off a ****ing flare and bringing out a megaphone to call attention to every off shooting night or bad turnover game. An adult...who has seen it all for decades? Hes seen everyone have shit games. Be it Jordan, or Curry, Lebron, Shaq, Magic, Bird or Kareem. Whatever. Some got more hate than others. And the answer was NEVER to increase hate on anyone...because that just causes counter hate.

I was guilty of it myself when I was young and pea brained like most of you. I wasnt a child when Penny was in his prime but I was immature. And I hated on Penny.

Why?

My idiot cousins hating on Jordan acting like Penny was the new better version. So I spent the mid 90s....calling out the fault and hating...on one of the more interesting great players of my lifetimes. A 6'7'' point who could score inside and out....had a naaaaaaaaasty post game...passed like diet Magic....raised his teammates performance. I spent his prime hating....and now I wish I could watch it all over with my grown up brain and really appreciate it. I did the same thing with Doctor J. People compared Jordan to him and all I saw was an aging sometimes flashy has been. My young ass looking up stats in almanacs and on basketball cards like "Doctor J wasnt that good". Dont get me wrong...I like his game...liked his big hands moves and I tried to steal them...but I didnt **** with him like that. He was a rival(in my childish brain) of MJ.

And I watch it happen all over again only now on the internet where you can really show your ass. that's a mouth full but well said. I think your overanalyzing a little though. Part of the fun with sports is debating about who's team or player is better. I agree it should be more light harted and somewhat intellectual but there's nothing wrong with talking shit about opposing teams and players.

As far as my question about curry. I don't want people to hate dude. I'm just wondering why there's all this hate for say Bron,harden and Westbrook but not that much for Steph, who I consider on the same level. Is it because he's a pretty boy? Maybe it's because he light skin I really don't know that's why I asked.

And when I make any thread calling out Steph it's not even about hating on Steph it's more about making his Stan's aware that he's no better than the players they trash on a regular. I actually kinda like Steph as a man. He seems like a legitimate good dude. Basketball wise he's obviously sick and one of the best in the league. It's his antics that I find annoying more than anything.

BigShotBob
04-22-2019, 07:57 PM
that's a mouth full but well said. I think your overanalyzing a little though. Part of the fun with sports is debating about who's team or player is better. I agree it should be more light harted and somewhat intellectual but there's nothing wrong with talking shit about opposing teams and players.

As far as my question about curry. I don't want people to hate dude. I'm just wondering why there's all this hate for say Bron,harden and Westbrook but not that much for Steph, who I consider on the same level. Is it because he's a pretty boy? Maybe it's because he light skin I really don't know that's why I asked.

And when I make any thread calling out Steph it's not even about hating on Steph it's more about making his Stan's aware that he's no better than the players they trash on a regular. I actually kinda like Steph as a man. He seems like a legitimate good dude. Basketball wise he's obviously sick and one of the best in the league. It's his antics that I find annoying more than anything.

Already answered this but my response was buried by Simon.

Steph Curry is a 6'3 jump shot reliant player. Even if he's the greatest shooter ever, he can't make them all and he's bound to go cold. He also doesn't attack the basket enough despite being a terrific finisher (probably because he rarely gets calls and he avoids contact).

He's not like say, Durant who has a natural height advantage over every defender in the league so for him shooting is like shooting over a chair. He's bound to get whatever shot he wants.

Same with someone like Lebron. He's big enough to bulldoze his way in the paint and either get fouled or get an easy lay-up. Also with Giannis.

Steph has a much higher margin of error than any other superstar since he doesn't have the natural advantages that they have. So if he goes cold, it's understandable why. Even the greatest shooter ever goes cold, it happens.

Ray Allen once went 0-13 from 3. All those practice shots, all the jump shots he's made, and he couldn't hit a single one in a game. That should tell you enough by being overly reliant on it.

red1
04-22-2019, 10:01 PM
kblaze going in w/ no lube

https://media3.giphy.com/media/U1FdtMG1Qf0sg/giphy.gif

4pointshot
04-22-2019, 10:59 PM
Already answered this but my response was buried by Simon.

Steph Curry is a 6'3 jump shot reliant player. Even if he's the greatest shooter ever, he can't make them all and he's bound to go cold. He also doesn't attack the basket enough despite being a terrific finisher (probably because he rarely gets calls and he avoids contact).

He's not like say, Durant who has a natural height advantage over every defender in the league so for him shooting is like shooting over a chair. He's bound to get whatever shot he wants.

Same with someone like Lebron. He's big enough to bulldoze his way in the paint and either get fouled or get an easy lay-up. Also with Giannis.

Steph has a much higher margin of error than any other superstar since he doesn't have the natural advantages that they have. So if he goes cold, it's understandable why. Even the greatest shooter ever goes cold, it happens.

Ray Allen once went 0-13 from 3. All those practice shots, all the jump shots he's made, and he couldn't hit a single one in a game. That should tell you enough by being overly reliant on it.

My sentiments exactly. Steph lives and dies by the three, which means he will have some spectacular games when he outscores the entire other team for long stretches, and some very poor games when he can barely score at all. This is why he hasn't won a fMVP, and I don't think his chances of doing so this year are that great, either. A guy like KD, who scores so much on dunks (often set up by Curry's pulling the defense back) and mid-range shots is far more consistent. A couple of years ago he had a streak of around 80 consecutive games scoring 20 or more points. He rarely has a really bad game, which means in a short series like a Finals he won't do anything to hurt his chances.

Curry and Durant averaged about the same ppg this season, but I imagine (haven't done the analysis yet) that Curry's standard deviation is significantly larger than Durant's--IOW, his highs are higher, and his lows are lower. Hypothetically, and not considering other contributions, if one player scores 40-40-10-40, while the other scores 30-30-30-30, the latter player is going to be voted more valuable, because the one bad game sticks out.

Stanley Kobrick
06-23-2020, 12:29 PM

lebron
kd
giannis
james
kawhi

very interesting

FKAri
06-23-2020, 01:02 PM
https://i.ibb.co/TmMG3WK/output-onlinetexttools-1.png

You make some excellent points. The level of basketball discussions on ISH is appalling. Reducing the nuance of the sport to a bunch of statistical catchphrases. It's a bunch of trolls trolling other trolls with the same tired back and forth ad nauseam until one side gets bored. Only to start from square one the next day on a new thread. As for Curry, 4/44.

Stephonit
06-23-2020, 01:29 PM
Because Curry is still underrated. Imagine criticizing him at every turn—and then he goes on to win 3 more rings. Not a good look.

Fudge
06-23-2020, 01:53 PM
Like i've been saying, he ain't no man.

Ayesha is the man of the relationship! He a babyboi!

Axe
06-23-2020, 06:54 PM
Because Curry is still overrated. Imagine criticizing him at every turn—and then he goes on to win 3 more rings. Not a good look.
Fixed this for you.

light
06-23-2020, 07:56 PM
Every other great player in the league gets crucified on here when they have shit games. In the post season curry probably has more bad games than any of them though. Every year in the playoffs he routinely gets out played by numerous players from both teams but no one ever says anything. Why is this?

white privilege.

Stephonit
06-23-2020, 08:22 PM
Fixed this for you.

Your "fix" doesn't make sense.

white privilege.

:lol

Axe
06-23-2020, 08:32 PM
Your "fix" doesn't make sense.

:lol
We know curry is a lesser player in the playoffs

Stephonit
06-23-2020, 08:45 PM
We know curry is a lesser player in the playoffs

Less than what? Led the team with the greatest playoffs record. Has the playoffs plus-minus record since it has been recorded. Has gone to the finals with the same franchise for 5 straight seasons winning in 3 of them. Holds the record for average points per game in a 4-game playoffs sweep. If that is less, it should boggle the mind what he is in the regular.

Axe
06-23-2020, 08:58 PM
Less than what? Led the team with the greatest playoffs record. Has the playoffs plus-minus record since it has been recorded. Has gone to the finals with the same franchise for 5 straight seasons winning in 3 of them. Holds the record for average points per game in a 4-game playoffs sweep. If that is less, it should boggle the mind what he is in the regular.
In regular season, probably...

But in the postseason, his key teammates are better.

Stephonit
06-23-2020, 09:02 PM
In regular season, probably...

But in the postseason, his key teammates are better.

https://i.imgflip.com/3zwkie.gif

https://i.imgflip.com/3zwi8q.gif

https://www.gifgen.com/gif/JgTGGsey.gif

Gee, I wonder why.

Axe
06-23-2020, 09:10 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/3zwkie.gif

https://i.imgflip.com/3zwi8q.gif

https://www.gifgen.com/gif/JgTGGsey.gif

Gee, I wonder why.
*Yawn*

So what do you call those exactly? 🥴

Turbo Slayer
06-24-2020, 09:39 AM
1. Curry never went to another team. Players that stick with one team the majority of his career are looked on more favorably than players that goes to different teams (e.g LeBron).

2. Curry went 3 for 14 from the field only putting up 12 points in a game against the Clippers last POs, Curry missed the game winner in Game 6 vs Raptors (just a few examples) yet do I see the majority of posters criticizing Curry this year or better yet, this month? No. Curry doesn't get criticized on a regular basis like LeBron because 1) Curry is held to a lower standard compared to the GOATS like KAJ, Shaq, LeBron, and MJ. 2) Winning bias

3. Curry is one of the greats. Greatest shooter ever. Cemented top 25/arguable top 20 but Curry does get overrated by some posters in my honest opinion. He's not better than Bird, Magic, Wilt, and Duncan just to name a few.

To make it perfectly clear, I appreciate Steph's greatness and what he have done for the game. He revolutionized the game by hitting threes like an android starting in 2015. I really do, but it gets tiring to hear that Curry is a top 5 player of all-time because he's simply not.

People love to harp on and hate on Curry because those people feel like Curry doesn't get enough hate. I mean, that's ridiculous. My final point is that we should all learn to appreciate greatness from every all-time great like Curry.

Stephonit
06-28-2020, 11:02 AM
*Yawn*

So what do you call those exactly? 🥴

Times Curry helped his teammates look good.

Real Men Wear Green
06-28-2020, 04:11 PM
I would like to tell ArbritraryWater it will be ok but...no it won't. You don't recover from that kind of wrecking.

Axe
06-28-2020, 07:35 PM
Times Curry helped his teammates look good.
Lol it took you more than 3 days just to answer my question but anyway, i might still take that with a grain of salt.

Because curry's key teammates really have potential to perform much better than himself during the playoffs.

Stephonit
06-28-2020, 09:18 PM
Because curry's key teammates really have potential to perform much better than himself during the playoffs.

We would all agree KD has had the most potential out of all of Curry's teammates right? If he had more potential than Curry why didn't he win a championship before Curry? He's been in the league longer and was playing with 2 other future MVPs. This is not to say that KD isn't great. He certainly is. But it shows how underestimated Curry is. Curry was leading the Warriors to records before KD ever joined the team.

Axe
06-28-2020, 09:19 PM
We would all agree KD has had the most potential out of all of Curry's teammates right? If he had more potential than Curry why didn't he win a championship before Curry? He's been in the league longer and was playing with 2 other future MVPs. This is not to say that KD isn't great. He certainly is. But it shows how underestimated Curry is. Curry was leading the Warriors to records before KD ever joined the team.
Uhm because in okc, he never had a good coach like steve kerr? :rolleyes:

Stephonit
06-28-2020, 09:24 PM
Uhm because in okc, he never had a good coach like steve kerr? :rolleyes:

KD voiced some criticisms with Kerr's approach didn't you hear?

Axe
06-28-2020, 09:26 PM
KD voiced some criticisms with Kerr's approach didn't you hear?
I probably didn't as my interest in the team has totally waned since four years ago.

But it doesn't mean that steve kerr isn't a good nor great coach at all, kiddo.

deathawaitu
05-01-2021, 09:12 PM
The general consensus has curry ranked higher than Lebron

When you are as great as curry, he gets a pass

Stanley Kobrick
05-01-2021, 09:29 PM

these are facts son
it's interesting how harden and durant have been able to go to multiple franchises and put each in contention. but if klay even misses a few games, the warriors are out of playoff contention

Bronbron23
05-01-2021, 09:44 PM

Wtf kind of consensus you looking at? Curry not even a top 10.

ELITEpower23
05-01-2021, 09:45 PM

He's close. Only 10 more to tie the goat.

https://i.postimg.cc/CLKTMhjW/j4byroq2z5231.jpg

BigShotBob
05-02-2021, 12:13 AM
He's close. Only 10 more to tie the goat.

https://i.postimg.cc/CLKTMhjW/j4byroq2z5231.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfsHPRNWkAEVOrV.jpg

Axe
05-02-2021, 01:24 AM
it's interesting how harden and durant have been able to go to multiple franchises and put each in contention. but if klay even misses a few games, the warriors are out of playoff contention
Maybe a lottery team at best. And they struggle to pull away from the pels, who are poking them for tenth seed. :ohwell: