PDA

View Full Version : KD deserves a TON of credit for his run with Westbrick

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-22-2019, 12:46 AM
every time they were healthy they were a top 3 team and made deep WCF runs or the finals. Their SRS when Durthick and Westbrick played from 2013-2016 (post Harden) was 8.46:biggums: :biggums: thats a historically dominant number.

2013 - 9.15 SRS, Westbrick gets hurt 1st round. KD still gets them past Har_ens Rockets by himself but then they lost to Grizz with all the defense on him starting Porkins, Reggie, Thabo and DFish off the bench:roll: :roll:

2014 - MVP year, were a top 5 offense and 61 win pace without Chuckbrick. Lost in WCF to champion Spurs. Did far better than Miami. Serge was out for 2 games. They were 2-2 in the games OKC was healthy

2015 - Durthickemz injured, Westbrick doesnt make the playoffs

2016 - 7 SRS team with KD missing 10 games (they were near 10 SRS team with him playing). Made it to game 7 in WCF against unanimous MVP. Took down a 67 win 10 SRS Spurs team which had a GOAT level defense and top 5 player (as well as a top 15 one).

Durthickemz was the best defensive player of the playoffs. Shut down the Mavs, Spurs and then GS/Draymond who had his offensive peak and was torching the Blazers and Cavs but KD had him on lockdown all series. Draymond had 2 of the worst plus/minus games of alltime, -43 and -30 b2b. Warriors had a 107.8 ORTG for the series which was lower than in the finals at 108.5 (despite Iggy being hurt and Draymond being suspended for a game)

with this dude as his PG

after KDs left Chuckbrick is 4-11 in the playoffs. Shooting 38% from the field. 50% TS.

b2b 1st round exits and now down 3-1

Against Utah OKC was the FAVORITES with homecourt advantage.

Against Portland WITHOUT Nurk their 2nd/3rd best player they were favorites again.........

put some respeck on that man name:applause:

E_Stamkos
04-22-2019, 12:52 AM
Durrrrr... Thick.... Emz

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-22-2019, 12:53 AM
Durrrrr... Thick.... Emz

Siakam looking thick certified himself:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

All NBA 3rd team, All Defense 2nd team this season:applause:

robbed of allstar:facepalm

BANE?
04-22-2019, 12:54 AM
This, OKC fans also thought that PG was better than Durant yet they still can

atljonesbro
04-22-2019, 01:18 AM
People are gonna look back 20 years from now at Westbrook's results with and without Durant and realize how incredible KD really was.

imdaman99
04-22-2019, 01:26 AM
Westbrook has fallen off a lot. Don't get it twisted. KD without Westbrook in the playoffs on OKC got his shit pushed in, went 3-6 :confusedshrug:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-22-2019, 01:29 AM
Westbrook has fallen off a lot. Don't get it twisted. KD without Westbrook in the playoffs on OKC got his shit pushed in, went 3-6 :confusedshrug:

b/c they had nothing but 1 dimensional role players and negative offensive players like 40yo Derek Fisher, Thabo and worst offensive player in the league in Porkins

Chuckbrick at least got KD replaced with an All NBA forward whos a top 10 player and theyve been the favorite in 2 series for the past 2 years

one upset with HCA. Now down 3-1..........

imdaman99
04-22-2019, 01:38 AM
b/c they had nothing but 1 dimensional role players and negative offensive players like 40yo Derek Fisher, Thabo and worst offensive player in the league in Porkins

Chuckbrick at least got KD replaced with an All NBA forward whos a top 10 player and theyve been the favorite in 2 series for the past 2 years

one upset with HCA. Now down 3-1..........
Nice excuse. Durant lost as the 1st seed to the Grizzlies without Westbrook. Unless you're gonna tell me Westbrook was important on the team. But why would you do that when it doesn't fit your narrative. KD's rings are empty and hollow. Enjoy the joke Finals MVP.

I'll take him on the Knicks, even though I doubt he's coming here. He couldn't handle OKC media, how is he gonna deal with NY Media? Mr Unreliable :oldlol:

knicksman
04-22-2019, 01:43 AM
Nice excuse. Durant lost as the 1st seed to the Grizzlies without Westbrook. Unless you're gonna tell me Westbrook was important on the team. But why would you do that when it doesn't fit your narrative. KD's rings are empty and hollow. Enjoy the joke Finals MVP.

I'll take him on the Knicks, even though I doubt he's coming here. He couldn't handle OKC media, how is he gonna deal with NY Media? Mr Unreliable :oldlol:

OKC without westbrook this season - number 1 seed same in 2014. I dont know why you guys still keep on making excuses for him. Anyone whos willing to sacrifice teamball for stats is a loser. And thats what westbrook is. Time to move on

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-22-2019, 01:48 AM

i never said Westbrick wasnt important:confusedshrug:

him and KD were the only offensive options on those teams. Westbrick missed the playoffs when KD got hurt while KD had an MVP year and had them playing at a 60+ win pace and top 5 offense

i never said Westbrick was a bad player just that hes incredibly flawed and that KD having as much success with him while another All NBA forward, perennial top 10 player might lose b2b in the 1st round as the favorites to win the series, and couldnt win 50 games:confusedshrug:

OKC were the 17th ranked offense this year and even in Westbricks MVP season they were 16th in offense

with KD they were perennially top 3 and in convo for #1 (were #1 in 2013, #2 in 2016, #6 in 2014 despite Russ missing half the season)

bigkingsfan
04-22-2019, 01:49 AM
Everything Durant does on GS is irrelevant.

Mr.GOAT2408
04-22-2019, 01:51 AM
I don't know if he'll ever be considered greater than Bird by the mass due to Bird saving the league with Magic, the racial component (it's there, don't pretend like it isn't :confusedshrug: ) and also due to his decision to leave OKC the way he did, with the team he lost to, but he's honestly as good if not better

He's ridiculous. What he did was objectively worse than the Decision but one big difference is that KD dominated the first finals whereas LeBron disappeared after talking the talk, that's what makes it different for me.

k0kakw0rld
04-22-2019, 03:51 PM
every time they were healthy they were a top 3 team and made deep WCF runs or the finals. Their SRS when Durthick and Westbrick played from 2013-2016 (post Harden) was 8.46:biggums: :biggums: thats a historically dominant number.

2013 - 9.15 SRS, Westbrick gets hurt 1st round. KD still gets them past Har_ens Rockets by himself but then they lost to Grizz with all the defense on him starting Porkins, Reggie, Thabo and DFish off the bench:roll: :roll:

2014 - MVP year, were a top 5 offense and 61 win pace without Chuckbrick. Lost in WCF to champion Spurs. Did far better than Miami. Serge was out for 2 games. They were 2-2 in the games OKC was healthy

2015 - Durthickemz injured, Westbrick doesnt make the playoffs

2016 - 7 SRS team with KD missing 10 games (they were near 10 SRS team with him playing). Made it to game 7 in WCF against unanimous MVP. Took down a 67 win 10 SRS Spurs team which had a GOAT level defense and top 5 player (as well as a top 15 one).

Durthickemz was the best defensive player of the playoffs. Shut down the Mavs, Spurs and then GS/Draymond who had his offensive peak and was torching the Blazers and Cavs but KD had him on lockdown all series. Draymond had 2 of the worst plus/minus games of alltime, -43 and -30 b2b. Warriors had a 107.8 ORTG for the series which was lower than in the finals at 108.5 (despite Iggy being hurt and Draymond being suspended for a game)

with this dude as his PG

after KDs left Chuckbrick is 4-11 in the playoffs. Shooting 38% from the field. 50% TS.

b2b 1st round exits and now down 3-1

Against Utah OKC was the FAVORITES with homecourt advantage.

Against Portland WITHOUT Nurk their 2nd/3rd best player they were favorites again.........

put some respeck on that man name:applause:
KD was up 3-1 vs Warriors in the Western conference final of the 2016 season. What did he do? Choked 3 games away :eek:

KD also can not win without an all star team surrounding him.

FACTS.

SpaceJam2
04-22-2019, 03:54 PM
KD was up 3-1 vs Warriors in the Western conference final of the 2016 season. What did he do? Choked 3 games away :eek:

KD also can not win without an all star team surrounding him.

FACTS.

2016 vs Warriors

Kyrie: 27-4-4-2 hE dA bEss (LeBron has so much help)!

Westbrook: 27-11-7-4 (KD has no HELP :mad:)

SouBeachTalents
04-22-2019, 03:54 PM
Truth

red1
04-22-2019, 03:56 PM
kd is a bitch. no one I mean NO ONE will be truly impressed by his threepeat after he wins this year.

sdot_thadon
04-22-2019, 04:14 PM
2016 vs Warriors

:oldlol:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-22-2019, 04:33 PM
2016 vs Warriors

OFC a Bran stan wont post shooting efficiency and turnovers

4.4tos for Chuckbrick. 2.6 for Kyrie

Kyrie shot 47/41/94 and played great defense

Chuckbrick shot 39/32/82 and played no defense and let Steph get hot later in the series

also Kyrie didnt get shut down with Steph guarding him like Chuckbrick did

https://i.ibb.co/GkR8LG6/23487234234243423342.png

red1
04-22-2019, 04:35 PM

Chuckbrick shot 39/32/82 and played no defense and let Steph get hot later in the series

https://a1.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2016%2F0526%2Fr86845_638x359_16-9.png
you're acting like steph is something other than a mediocre defender :roll:

I don't think he's ever shut anyone down - if anything kd shut westbrook down when he started putting up all of those bricks that lost the series.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-22-2019, 04:37 PM
you're acting like steph is something other than a mediocre defender :roll:

I don't think he's ever shut anyone down - if anything kd shut westbrook down when he started putting up all of those bricks that lost the series.

Steph is a mediocre defender so the fact that he shut down Chuckbrick when he was on him just makes the lil boi that much more pathetic:roll: :roll:

at least KD was guarded by 2 of the best defenders in the league in Draymond and Iggy

Chuckbrick shot worse than KD. And KD was the best defensive player of the series by far. Chuckbricks defense was sht:confusedshrug:

red1
04-22-2019, 04:40 PM
Steph is a mediocre defender so the fact that he shut down Chuckbrick when he was on him just makes the lil boi that much more pathetic:roll: :roll:

at least KD was guarded by 2 of the best defenders in the league in Draymond and Iggy

Chuckbrick shot worse than KD. And KD was the best defensive player of the series by far. Chuckbricks defense was sht:confusedshrug:
I don't remember the series that well I just remember being surprised that the thunder got such a large series lead and then I remember not being surprised when the warriors came all the way back with durant shitting his pants the last couple of games.

it gave me flashbacks of tony allen and chris paul locking down the 6'11 so called top-2 player in the league - no excuse when you're that tall and that good of a shooter :no:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-22-2019, 04:46 PM
I don't remember the series that well I just remember being surprised that the thunder got such a large series lead and then I remember not being surprised when the warriors came all the way back with durant shitting his pants the last couple of games.

it gave me flashbacks of tony allen and chris paul locking down the 6'11 kd - no excuse when you're that tall and that good of a shooter :no:

he has a high center of gravity. Its easier for stockier small players to get up under him than taller defenders

after CPs success at the end of the game, KD responded back in the closeout with 39/16/5/2 on 52/63/100 :confusedshrug: CP guarded him well for a couple possessions in the whole series. He was having fadeaways rained in his mouth most the time:confusedshrug:

Tony Allen is the best wing defender in NBA history. Both Kobe, Steph and KD called him the best defender they went up against:confusedshrug:

and KD still averaged 28/10/4 on 57TS for his playoff career (19 games) against Tony:confusedshrug:

TheCorporation
04-22-2019, 04:47 PM

https://i.ibb.co/GkR8LG6/23487234234243423342.png

People who handle the ball more are prone to more turnovers, meaning turnovers are relevant to assists, aka "assist-to-turnover ratio" so let's see here...

Westbrook: 11 assists / 4.4 turnovers = 2.5 ratio
Kyrie: 4 assists / 2.6 turnovers = 1.54 ratio :(

Geeze, you guys do all the work for me :oldlol:

2.5 > 1.54

https://i.postimg.cc/3xvsz3zB/CanineOldGalapagospenguin-max-1mb.gifhttps://i.postimg.cc/3xvsz3zB/CanineOldGalapagospenguin-max-1mb.gif

CelticBaller
04-22-2019, 04:59 PM
KD carried Westbrook

It has been know

red1
04-22-2019, 05:02 PM
he has a high center of gravity. Its easier for stockier small players to get up under him than taller defenders

after CPs success at the end of the game, KD responded back in the closeout with 39/16/5/2 on 52/63/100 :confusedshrug: CP guarded him well for a couple possessions in the whole series. He was having fadeaways rained in his mouth most the time:confusedshrug:

Tony Allen is the best wing defender in NBA history. Both Kobe, Steph and KD called him the best defender they went up against:confusedshrug:

and KD still averaged 28/10/4 on 57TS for his playoff career (19 games) against Tony:confusedshrug:
that's a good response from you. I agree that tony allen is one of the best wing defenders of our time. I'm just not ready to give kd any props for okc's success. I feel like he's a complete bitch and I'm sure he feels it too.

Young X
04-22-2019, 05:03 PM
2013 shouldn't be an excuse then. They lost 4 straight games to the Grizzlies in the 2nd round after winning the first game. OKC was the best team in the west in the regular season.

egokiller
04-22-2019, 05:07 PM

KD's rings were earned while making LeBron his bitch. LeBron colluded, pissed KD off, so KD stacked the deck even taller and served him his own medicine. LeBron hasn't won shit since KD decided to control LeBron's career after 2016.

That's what KD will be remembered for. People will say "because of what LeBron did, KD had no choice" :applause:

TheCorporation
04-22-2019, 05:08 PM
2013 shouldn't be an excuse then. They lost 4 straight games to the Grizzlies in the 2nd round after winning the first game. OKC was the best team in the west in the regular season.

Great point, no one mentions his colossal choke in 2013. He was up 2-0 and lost 4 games in a row. But the kicker? The game 6 elimination game where he had a GmScore of 7.7 :eek:

He shot 5/21 (24% fg) with 7 TO and 6 assists :eek:

Yikes

red1
04-22-2019, 05:09 PM
KD's rings were earned while making LeBron his bitch. LeBron colluded, pissed KD off, so KD stacked the deck even taller and served him his own medicine. LeBron hasn't won shit since KD decided to control LeBron's career after 2016.

That's what KD will be remembered for. People will say "because of what LeBron did, KD had no choice" :applause:
straight_ballin you are so ****ing wack. :oldlol:

how can one person be such a lame across 2 accounts :facepalm

TheCorporation
04-22-2019, 05:09 PM

And this is what you'll be remembered for
https://i.postimg.cc/GpJ55DyS/InthideHoopth.png

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-22-2019, 05:13 PM

yes KD was supposed to beat the best defense and perimeter defense in the league with the GOAT wing defender and facing constant triple teams playing with the worst offensive player in the league in Porkins, along with 40yo Derek Fisher, Reggie Jackson and Thabo:lol he was supposed to get past the best defense with a bunch of negative offensive players:lol

as a fellow CP3 fan u should know how flawed that reasoning is

TheCorporation
04-22-2019, 05:20 PM
yes KD was supposed to beat the best defense and perimeter defense in the league with the GOAT wing defender and facing constant triple teams playing with the worst offensive player in the league in Porkins, along with 40yo Derek Fisher, Reggie Jackson and Thabo:lol he was supposed to get past the best defense with a bunch of negative offensive players:lol

as a fellow CP3 fan u should know how flawed that reasoning is

Okay I laughed at Porkins :lol

But anyway, no one mentions KD's colossal playoff choke in 2013. He was up 2-0 and lost 4 games in a row. But the kicker? The game 6 elimination game where he had a GmScore of 7.7 :eek:

He shot 5/21 (24% fg) with 7 TO and 6 assists :eek:

Yikes

knicksman
04-22-2019, 06:42 PM
Truth

Stop pretending like you have high standards when you have lebron as GOAT despite the superteams. You wouldnt be a statnerd too if you have high standards

Young X
04-22-2019, 08:47 PM

as a fellow CP3 fan u should know how flawed that reasoning isThey weren't supposed to beat Memphis. That's the point.

They badly needed Westbrook in that series, but you talk about him like he was just another "scrub" on the team. In reality, he was one of the best guards in the league.

They beat the same Grizzlies team a year later and you yourself know they would've lost that if Westbrook wasn't there.

Young X
04-22-2019, 08:55 PM
They don't beat the Mavericks (yes, the Mavericks), the Spurs, or go up 3-1 against the Warriors without Westbrook. He outplayed KD in a number of those games.

3ball
04-22-2019, 09:05 PM
True and they caught bad breaks every year that hurt them

but the reality is also that Durant/Westbrook would've made the Finals every year if they were in the East and Lebron's Heat in the West.. the disparity in the conferences is front-and-center when evaluating player accomplishments

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-22-2019, 09:28 PM
They weren't supposed to beat Memphis. That's the point.

They badly needed Westbrook in that series, but you talk about him like he was just another "scrub" on the team. In reality, he was one of the best guards in the league.

They beat the same Grizzlies team a year later and you yourself know they would've lost that if Westbrook wasn't there.

He wasnt another scrub but his sport was replacable by most top guards. KDs wasnt

They don't beat the Mavericks (yes, the Mavericks), the Spurs, or go up 3-1 against the Warriors without Westbrook. He outplayed KD in a number of those games.

The Mavs series was the only one Chuckbrick was better in. Against the real teams KD was the far better player. He was better every single game when u factor in KDs tremendous defense. He was the best defensive player of the postseason. He shut down Draymond badly had him looking like a G League player for 2 of those games while Draymond feasted on Portland and Cleveland. Draymonds offensive peak was 16 and he was GS best playoff performer. Draymond went wild against Cleveland and had the GOAT game 7 performance too. Warriors ORTG was even better against the Cavs than the Thunder despite Draymond being suspended for a game and Iggy being hobbled during that series

Maybe u can put to one or 2 Russ had better boxscores but thats been his game and whats that gotten him with a top 10 player now in PG whos all NBA? OKC has a 104.6 playoff ORTG in 15 games now post KD. Thats the level of the current worst offense in the league in tanking NY Knicks at 104.5. this is the level OKC has been at in the playoffs post KD. Boxscore stuffing triple doubles, a top 10 player by his side, yet 4-11, no road wins and on the verge of being upset b2b in the 1st round as favorites. One with homecourt advantage

Chuckbricks impact isnt as high as his numbers state. U should know that as a fellow CP fan.

CP, Steph, Har_en, Lillard, Kyrie etc. are just much better players than Chuckbrick. Even dudes like current Kemba are prolly better than Russ ever was

AlternativeAcc.
04-22-2019, 09:33 PM
Name any all-time great that didn't need another good player to beat a finals contender. (except LeBron)

The point is that WB is an underwhelming and highly flawed 2nd option... inefficient combo card who lacks skills... nobody is winning the guy

imdaman99
08-03-2021, 09:42 AM

Miss you bigkingsfan. Where have you gone? Come back soon ok?

And1AllDay
08-03-2021, 12:42 PM
2016 vs Warriors

legend

hold this L
08-03-2021, 12:52 PM

That's a good way to describe choking a 3-1 lead and shooting 11-31 at home at game 6 when the Warriors beat them by 7 points.

RRR3
08-03-2021, 01:10 PM
That's a good way to describe choking a 3-1 lead and shooting 11-31 at home at game 6 when the Warriors beat them by 7 points.
Yeesh. Hambone isn’t gonna ever answer this he’s never coming back.