PDA

View Full Version : Worse for the league: Allen Iverson or Lebron

90sgoat
04-22-2019, 03:01 PM
Iverson almost destroyed the league with his ghetto antics culminating in Malice in the Palace.

Lebron almost destroyed the league with his corruption, making the league fix series for him and the league changing rules for him leading to way lower ratings.

sixerfan82
04-22-2019, 03:03 PM
Iverson almost destroyed the league with his ghetto antics culminating in Malice in the Palace.

Lebron almost destroyed the league with his corruption, making the league fix series for him and the league changing rules for him leading to way lower ratings.

LOLwut?

PistonsFan#21
04-22-2019, 03:07 PM

I know this is a troll thread but still you gotta put more effort into it...How did you come up woth a correlation between Iverson and the Malice at the Palace? He didnt even play for any of the 2 teams involved

90sgoat
04-22-2019, 03:17 PM
I know this is a troll thread but still you gotta put more effort into it...How did you come up woth a correlation between Iverson and the Malice at the Palace? He didnt even play for any of the 2 teams involved

He brought ghetto culture into the league.

Iverson should never have been in the league. He should have been in prison for his role in deadly assault. Only corruption kept him out of prison.

Kblaze8855
04-22-2019, 03:39 PM
NBA players were having brawls with fans before Allen Iverson was born....

SpaceJam2
04-22-2019, 03:42 PM
Mods...

HoopologyPhD
04-22-2019, 03:48 PM
Lebron by far.

bullettooth
04-22-2019, 03:52 PM
Image vs. Integrity.

What LeBron did to the actual game is irredeemable.

superduper
04-22-2019, 04:21 PM
One forefronted the evolution of the culture of the game into the hip-hop cultured and diverse game we love today.

One forefronted the evolution of throwing teammates under the bus every year while throwing visible tantrums on the court and demanding publicly for them to be traded and when that fails to call them "my guys" the very next day to their faces.

LeGOAT always wins.

90sgoat
04-22-2019, 04:26 PM
One forefronted the evolution of the culture of the game into the hip-hop cultured and diverse game we love today.

One forefronted the evolution of throwing teammates under the bus every year while throwing visible tantrums on the court and demanding publicly for them to be traded and when that fails to call them "my guys" the very next day to their faces.

LeGOAT always wins.

I'm inclined to agree.

I might not have liked AI's cultural influence, but the dude was a warrior. Did you hear him ask for more help on those Sixers teams? Dude wouldn't even accept riding the bench. All or nothing for that guy.

fourkicks44
04-22-2019, 05:11 PM
Iverson's 'influence on culture' has become overstated and overatted over time. In fact it is absolute bullshit really.

His oncourt performance has been understated and underrated over time.

kennethgriffen
04-22-2019, 05:16 PM
i think what OP's saying is the cultural movement and how other guys around the league take on the attitudes of its top stars

iversion was very influential and started a trashy ghetto movement

lebron started the collude era/snake era/quit era/no loyalty/sensitive depression era etc...

i think todays league is far worse off because of lebron... the product on the court didn't suffer because of hood mentality

Real14
04-22-2019, 05:20 PM
Lebron by far.
End thread.

TheCorporation
04-22-2019, 05:24 PM
i think what OP's saying is the cultural movement and how other guys around the league take on the attitudes of its top stars

iversion was very influential and started a trashy ghetto movement

lebron started the collude era/snake era/quit era/no loyalty/sensitive depression era etc...

i think todays league is far worse off because of lebron... the product on the court didn't suffer because of hood mentality

Kobe started the Robin era, winning 3 chips as a beta and taking 6 finals appearances before winning his 1st FMVP.

Curry is following the Robin era flawlessly thus far :bowdown:

Rico2016
04-22-2019, 05:29 PM
Kobe started the Robin era, winning 3 chips as a beta and taking 6 finals appearances before winning his 1st FMVP.

Ouch :eek: Triple slay for Curry, Kobe, and Kenny

The ultimate beta

Kobe + Curry = Kenny

PP34Deuce
04-22-2019, 05:33 PM
Allen Iverson didn't start hood culture in the NBA.

He brought cornrows and urban style but people forget how many hood guys in the NBA did crazy things to fans and each other in the 70's to mid 80's.

Lebron brought a CEO mentality to basketball which purists absolutely despise. He moves on and off the court like a CEO. CEO's delegate and if the goals fail, the people that get fired are under them and at risk.

Is it right? Not for the purity of basketball but the way he's built his team and empire is very much like Mad Men and power.

Rico2016
04-22-2019, 05:36 PM
Allen Iverson didn't start hood culture in the NBA.

He brought cornrows and urban style but people forget how many hood guys in the NBA did crazy things to fans and each other in the 70's to mid 80's.

Lebron brought a CEO mentality to basketball which purists absolutely despise. He moves on and off the court like a CEO. CEO's delegate and if the goals fail, the people that get fired are under them and at risk.

Is it right? Not for the purity of basketball but the way he's built his team and empire is very much like Mad Men and power.

J. Cole said it best in Middle Child

"Just like LeBron, get my n.iggas more chips"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X912hPltR7s

PickernRoller
04-23-2019, 05:07 AM
Lebron by far.

Iverson phased out.

HylianNightmare
04-23-2019, 06:16 AM
L39ron

3ball
04-23-2019, 10:17 AM
I was going to make a thread about this

The issue is that lebron has weakened the teamwork and brand of ball of the entire league because no one wants to build champions organically anymore, by taking long-term contracts

So instead of the goat chemistry and teamwork developed by organic contenders, lebron has encouraged players to take short term deals and team up - assemble a hodge-podge of mercenary teamwork to win a quick ring.. but the temporary mercenary teamwork < organic teamwork

Rings are now planned for, calculated, and won based on talent and not teamwork..

And lebron has made it acceptable to be a ball-dominator that turns teammates into spot-up shooters.. this is now an acceptable way to play, even though the spot-up shooter brand doesn't develop teammates/teams or compete well on the championship level - it only wins with excess talent to offset the reduction in team development/brand of ball.. and even then it mostly loses on the championship level

Btw, I think the narrative that lebron has "changed the whole nba and empowered players" is a mirage... The reality is that Anthony Davis doesn't have any more power - he's under contract and hasn't controlled anything.. If anything, the owners cratered the Lakers this year by flexing their muscle and refusing to trade AD...

The only thing lebron did is encourage short-term deals that lessen the quality of basketball, organic teamwork, and chemistry..it's somewhat sickening because he's encouraging a weaker style of play (spot up shooter) and then making up for the lesser teamwork by team-hopping for more talent

SpaceJam2
04-23-2019, 10:23 AM
I was going to make a thread about this

The issue is that lebron has weakened the teamwork and brand of ball of the entire league because no one wants to build champions organically anymore, by taking long-term contracts

So instead of the goat chemistry and teamwork developed by organic contenders, lebron has encouraged players to take short term deals and team up - assemble a hodge-podge of mercenary teamwork to win a quick ring.. but the temporary mercenary teamwork < organic teamwork

Rings are now planned for, calculated, and won based on talent and not teamwork..

And lebron has made it acceptable to be a ball-dominator that turns teammates into spot-up shooters.. this is now an acceptable way to play, even though the spot-up shooter brand doesn't develop teammates/teams or compete well on the championship level - it only wins with excess talent to offset the reduction in team development/brand of ball.. and even then it mostly loses on the championship level

Btw, I think the narrative that lebron has "changed the whole nba and empowered players" is a mirage... The reality is that Anthony Davis doesn't have any more power - he's under contract and hasn't controlled anything.. If anything, the owners cratered the Lakers this year by flexing their muscle and refusing to trade AD...

The only thing lebron did is encourage short-term deals that lessen the quality of basketball, organic teamwork, and chemistry..it's somewhat sickening because he's encouraging a weaker style of play (spot up shooter) and then making up for the lesser teamwork by team-hopping for more talent

If only LeBron got to play with a Kawhi Leonard (Scottie Pippen) for his entire prime and a Rudy Robert (Dennis Rodman) for half of his prime as well.

I wonder how he'd do

Gileraracer
04-23-2019, 10:34 AM
If only LeBron got to play with a Kawhi Leonard (Scottie Pippen) for his entire prime and a Rudy Robert (Dennis Rodman) for half of his prime as well.

I wonder how he'd do

Damn. Unfortunately he only had Shaq, Wallace, Bosh, Wade, Love, Ray Allen, Deron Williams, Derrick Rose and Irving :(

3ball
04-23-2019, 10:40 AM

I wonder how he'd do

Lebron had 2 Pippen's from 2011-2017 - so right in the middle of his prime - Kyrie frieking Irving and Wade, plus a couple top 3 PF's

So ur wrong, but let's look at 2004-2010 too:

He got to play in a weak East where superstar casts weren't needed to make the Finals.. yet lebron still played with more all-stars and decorated players than MJ ever played with (2 all-stars, 2 all-defenders, numerous former all-stars), but still ceded the easy conference to Dwight and a post-injury, 50-win celtics team

So there's no excuse.. btw, Kawhi is so much better than pippen it's amazing.. like, winning 6 rings with kawhi would be goat but pippen is distinctly inferior to kawhi.. so mj is more goat than you realize

PP34Deuce
04-23-2019, 01:41 PM
Because 3Ball will just copy and paste responses,

That's why people are mad. The only problem with this is not many players are good enough to warrant that type of power and the ones that are good enough, have horrible people skills (Durant)

pauk
04-23-2019, 01:45 PM

I wonder how he'd do

Shit man just Craig Hodges (GOAT spotup shooter, for a short time) would be enough... Can u imagine this dude (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woZham-kFnI) camping the 3pt line with Lebron around? That shit is 19 assists & 57 points on the boxscore in a minute.

superduper
04-23-2019, 01:49 PM
Shit man just Craig Hodges (GOAT spotup shooter, for a short time) would be enough... Can u imagine this dude (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woZham-kFnI) camping the 3pt line with Lebron around? :roll:

Yeah man it's not like Bran played with two of the top seven at worst shooters all time (Ray Allen, Kyle Korver).

Moar HALP!! :cry: :mad:

TheCorporation
04-23-2019, 01:53 PM
Yeah man it's not like Bran played with two of the top seven at worst shooters all time (Ray Allen, Kyle Korver).

Moar HALP!! :cry: :mad:

https://i.postimg.cc/XYTR5qFm/FB-IMG-1529126376526.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/KjZBDG0p/hqdefault.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/ZqR9sXnB/hjklhjkl.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/zfVvq1dK/200.gif

TheCorporation
04-23-2019, 01:55 PM
Shit man just Craig Hodges (GOAT spotup shooter, for a short time) would be enough... Can u imagine this dude (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woZham-kFnI) camping the 3pt line with Lebron around? That shit is 19 assists & 57 points on the boxscore in a minute.

19x 3's in a row :eek:

Shut. it. down.

kennethgriffen
04-23-2019, 02:12 PM

if you truly felt kobe won nothing but robin rings with shaq then you wouldn't spend all your time on here trying to tear kobe down

notice i barely even post anymore... lebron ruined his legacy this year. he exposed himself as a leastern conference fraud. i have nothing left to do. lebron did more to damage his own legacy in one year than i've been able to do in 16 years attacking him online. lebron is his own worst enemy.

i'm no longer needed

TheCorporation
04-23-2019, 02:16 PM
if you truly felt kobe won nothing but robin rings with shaq then you wouldn't spend all your time on here trying to tear kobe down

notice i barely even post anymore... lebron ruined his legacy this year. he exposed himself as a leastern conference fraud. i have nothing left to do. lebron did more to damage his own legacy in one year than i've been able to do in 16 years attacking him online. lebron is his own worst enemy.

i'm no longer needed

Where's the lie though? :confusedshrug:

Curry is following the Robin era flawlessly thus far

superduper
04-23-2019, 02:17 PM
Where's the lie though? :confusedshrug:

Curry is following the Robin era flawlessly thus far

LeGOAT has nightmares about this guy

http://i.imgur.com/X6bV9.jpg

TheCorporation
04-23-2019, 02:21 PM
Jordan has nightmares about this guy

https://i.postimg.cc/sDvcyqgL/asfasfasf.jpg
:eek:

:eek: