PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Miller: If Giannis had a jumpshot, this dude would be Jordan

superduper
04-23-2019, 01:15 PM
Crazy to think that a 7 footer with never before seen freakishly long wingspan and limbs, physical freak who is able to get into the paint at will and finish over multiple defenders at will is not only being compared to a 6'4 dude but being seen as a lesser version of him.

How good must that 6'4 guy have been to be able to be even MORE dominant than a 7 footer with alien limbs along with the skillset that Giannis possesses :wtf:

Actually crazy that such a player even existed. Jordan was essentially a Giannis + Kawhi :eek:

Undisputed GOAT for a reason.

BigKobeFan
04-23-2019, 01:20 PM
but he doesn't average 27 7 7

NBAGOAT
04-23-2019, 01:21 PM
he's saying any decent jumper i think. Jordan had an elite jumpshot. Giannis doesnt need that to match Jordan's impact imo.

superduper
04-23-2019, 01:21 PM
but he doesn't average 27 7 7

30 point triple double...

SamuraiSWISH
04-23-2019, 01:38 PM
Giannis doesnt need that to match Jordan's impact imo.
:oldlol:

SomeBlackDude
04-23-2019, 01:42 PM
le10th seed stans: but he was a street vendor before joining the nba. weak era.

Like other immigrants to Greece, his parents struggled to find work. [Antetokounmpo] and his older brother, Thanasis, would help out by hawking watches, bags and sunglasses. In doing so, they jeopardized their roster spots because they were missing practices. They also missed meals.

superduper
04-23-2019, 01:48 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wait so you're telling me the current MVP of the highest level of competitive basketball in the world....is a street vendor :eek:

"Imagine widdling a whistle out of wood at 4pm and then going to the arena to play an NBA game".

:roll:

TheCorporation
04-23-2019, 01:50 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/ZqR9sXnB/hjklhjkl.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/zfVvq1dK/200.gif

SomeBlackDude
04-23-2019, 01:54 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wait so you're telling me the current MVP of the highest level of competitive basketball in the world....is a street vendor :eek:

"Imagine widdling a whistle out of wood at 4pm and then going to the arena to play an NBA game".

the greek freak's gonna be in the celtics locker room at halftime game 1 like:

https://i.postimg.cc/htvVPJz3/egypt-nile-valley-luxor-souk-street-vendor-sales-sunglasses-cloc.jpg

"aye kyrie, i got these beautiful aviators. rolex. 100% real bro. i'll give you great deal."

NBAGOAT
04-23-2019, 01:55 PM
:oldlol:

Giannis with a KD level jumpshot would be unheard of. It's a pure fantasy and yes I would take that over MJ(hell shaq with just free throws might be the GOAT peak clearly). It's 99% never happening however. You dont go from his shooting to becoming one of the best shooters in the league

superduper
04-23-2019, 01:59 PM
Corp thats a cute troll pic, care to make one with Barea, Curry (0-26 on possessions guarded by Curry), Diaw guarding LeGOAT?

Thanks.

TheCorporation
04-23-2019, 02:01 PM
Corp thats a cute troll pic, care to make one with Barea, Curry (0-26 on possessions guarded by Curry), Diaw guarding LeGOAT?

Thanks.

https://i.postimg.cc/KjZBDG0p/hqdefault.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/GhgGv1Gz/180px-John_Stockton_Lipofskydotcom-32245.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/G3Z9B9Rd/tenor.gif

superduper
04-23-2019, 02:02 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/KjZBDG0p/hqdefault.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/GhgGv1Gz/180px-John_Stockton_Lipofskydotcom-32245.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/G3Z9B9Rd/tenor.gif

You can keep ignoring the ether and deflecting with your unrelated pictures, it won't change reality :oldlol:

Whatever keeps you sane bro :rockon:

Kblaze8855
04-23-2019, 02:09 PM
What

G0ATbe
04-23-2019, 02:09 PM
Giannis is way more dangerous around the rim than Jordan. He wouldnt "be" Jordan, he'd be better than him. I'd argue he already is. He'd basically be Lebron

SamuraiSWISH
04-23-2019, 02:10 PM
Giannis with a KD level jumpshot would be unheard of. It's a pure fantasy and yes I would take that over MJ(hell shaq with just free throws might be the GOAT peak clearly). It's 99% never happening however. You dont go from his shooting to becoming one of the best shooters in the league
You said he’s on Jordan’s level of impact now without a jumper ... traveling all over the court :facepalm

Same age

28 ppg 13 rpg 6 apg 1 spg

vs

35 ppg 6 rpg 6 apg 3 spg MVP and DPOY

Just stop :oldlol: that’s the same level of impact to you? Good lord you’re underselling someone in that comparison.

superduper
04-23-2019, 02:11 PM
Giannis is way more dangerous around the rim than Jordan. He wouldnt "be" Jordan, he'd be better than him. I'd argue he already is. He'd basically be Lebron

Mods....

superduper
04-23-2019, 02:23 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]You said he

NBAGOAT
04-23-2019, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]You said he

SamuraiSWISH
04-23-2019, 02:48 PM
Giannis hasn

Phoenix
04-23-2019, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]What

MJistheGOAT
04-23-2019, 02:53 PM
I would pay a good amount to give jumpshots to 2 players:
- Giannis
- Simmons

Agree on Giannis with a good to great jumpshot would be comparable to MJ impact. Now? He is one or two tiers below, ddfenders gift him a lot of space not respecting his J, so he has to work more than necesary to penetrate, even with that he gets to the rim a lot because of his ridiculous physical attributes and a good amount of skill.

Simmons with a J? Basically Prime Lebron.

GOBB
04-23-2019, 02:58 PM
That

Meticode
04-23-2019, 03:04 PM
Giannis 7'3, 7'5
That was Giannis' draft workout measurement when he was like 17 or 18 years old. After he got drafted he grew two or three more inches on height, so he probably did on wingspan too.

When I watch Durant and Giannis it feels like Giannis is maybe one or two inches taller than KD and longer.

Phoenix
04-23-2019, 03:31 PM
That was Giannis' draft workout measurement when he was like 17 or 18 years old. After he got drafted he grew two or three more inches on height, so he probably did on wingspan too.

When I watch Durant and Giannis it feels like Giannis is maybe one or two inches taller than KD and longer.

Yeah you're probably right, that was a 5 second google search post lol.

Mr.GOAT2408
04-23-2019, 03:54 PM
Miller says some dumb shit and he's probably biased against MJ but I think he undersold Giannis

If Giannis has a consistent jumper he'll probably be better than MJ. Whether he has a greater career I don't know, but he's 24 so there's plenty of time.

This dude is 6'11 245 lbs with length, massive hands, elite athleticism and he has MJ/Kobe drive while being way more physically gifted than MJ. The last part is what really makes me think he has "it".

His defensive impact is right there if not higher than MJ's defensive peak. He should win DPOY if we're being honest. He's a legitimate point C, versatility isn't everything of course but you're foolish if you think Giannis doesn't have GOAT potential

MJ should thank his lucky stars he grew up playing basketball in basketball crazed NC and not in Greece because that initial life disadvantage is the only reason why Giannis didn't dominate right out of the gate.

stalkerforlife
04-23-2019, 04:11 PM

superduper
04-23-2019, 04:15 PM

There's a reason they're avoiding that post like the plague :oldlol:

Mr.GOAT2408
04-23-2019, 04:35 PM
There's a reason they're avoiding that post like the plague :oldlol:
From street vendor to potential MVP/DPOY :roll: :roll: :roll:

Smoke117
04-23-2019, 04:37 PM
You said he’s on Jordan’s level of impact now without a jumper ... traveling all over the court :facepalm

Same age

28 ppg 13 rpg 6 apg 1 spg

vs

35 ppg 6 rpg 6 apg 3 spg MVP and DPOY

Just stop :oldlol: that’s the same level of impact to you? Good lord you’re underselling someone in that comparison.

You gotta love how triggered Jordan stans get whenever anyone tries to compare a player to him. The complete obsessive adulation makes them by far the worst of the player stans. I've never seen Kenny or Simon defend Kobe or LeBron's dick size after all...

AirTupac
04-23-2019, 04:38 PM
You gotta love how triggered Jordan stans get whenever anyone tries to compare a player to him. The complete obsessive adulation makes them by far the worst of the player stans. I've never seen Kenny or Simon defend Kobe or LeBron's dick size after all...

Well its only because retards like yourself are saying Giannis can be greater than MJ :rolleyes:

ArbitraryWater
04-23-2019, 04:39 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Giannis hasn

superduper
04-23-2019, 04:40 PM
Few ever have.

Plenty of players have been irrelevant in the playoffs without colluding to superteams :oldlol:

Smoke117
04-23-2019, 04:43 PM
Well its only because retards like yourself are saying Giannis can be greater than MJ :rolleyes:

And when did I say this? And who says he can't? He's only 24 and has a lot of career ahead of him. This pedestal people put on Jordan is a big problem. People already make up their minds that nobody can surpass him regardless of what a player does.

FKAri
04-23-2019, 04:45 PM
Hard to say. It depends on what "had a jumpshot" means. MJ level jumper? He'd be in the ballpark.

3ball
04-23-2019, 05:05 PM
the greek freak's gonna be in the celtics locker room at halftime game 1 like:

https://i.postimg.cc/htvVPJz3/egypt-nile-valley-luxor-souk-street-vendor-sales-sunglasses-cloc.jpg

"aye kyrie, i got these beautiful aviators. rolex. 100% real bro. i'll give you great deal."

Bronbron23
04-23-2019, 05:17 PM
Crazy to think that a 7 footer with never before seen freakishly long wingspan and limbs, physical freak who is able to get into the paint at will and finish over multiple defenders at will is not only being compared to a 6'4 dude but being seen as a lesser version of him.

How good must that 6'4 guy have been to be able to be even MORE dominant than a 7 footer with alien limbs along with the skillset that Giannis possesses :wtf:

Actually crazy that such a player even existed. Jordan was essentially a Giannis + Kawhi :eek:

Undisputed GOAT for a reason.
Jordan is my favorite player of all time but if Greek gets a jumper like mj(which I don't think he will) he'll win a shit ton of chips and probably surpass mj or as the best ever.

TheCorporation
04-23-2019, 05:23 PM
Jordan is my favorite player of all time but if Greek gets a jumper like mj(which I don't think he will) he'll win a shit ton of chips and probably surpass mj or as the best ever.

Jesus Christ the man hasn't even won the second round of a playoffs series in his career, let alone make it to three straight finals, let alone eight.

Slow. down. please.

SamuraiSWISH
04-23-2019, 05:23 PM
Few ever have.
Agreed, but he was comparing him to a player even greater than that version or any version of LeBron.

Which makes it even worse. That

Bronbron23
04-23-2019, 05:30 PM
Jesus Christ the man hasn't even won the second round of a playoffs series in his career, let alone make it to three straight finals, let alone eight.

Slow. down. please.
Its hypothetical bruh and a big if which I said don't think will happen. If he had a jumper like mj though you could add another 10 points a game easily. He'd be absolutely ungaurdable, putting up 38/6/12 while being one of the best defenders in the game. It's really not that much of a reach.

SpaceJam2
04-23-2019, 05:39 PM
Its hypothetical bruh and a big if which I said don't think will happen. If he had a jumper like mj though you could add another 10 points a game easily. He'd be absolutely ungaurdable, putting up 38/6/12 while being one of the best defenders in the game. It's really not that much of a reach.

I get that it's a (lofty) prediction but can he at least GET to a Finals first before we say this? :lol

Mr.GOAT2408
04-23-2019, 05:48 PM

Slow. down. please.
Moving the goal posts to "can't even get past the 2nd round" :lol

While I won't be surprised if the Celtics win, this team is almost as dangerous as the 2010 Celtics that eliminated LeBron back in 2010, the last truly great team he saw in the eastern conference playoffs :lol

It's a shame the East is looking better now than it arguably has since the late 2000s when LeBron was lucky to get past the 2nd round :cry:

Bronbron23
04-23-2019, 05:57 PM
I get that it's a (lofty) prediction but can he at least GET to a Finals first before we say this? :lol
Again man it hypothetical. He'd already have been to the finals if he had a jumper shot like mj. That's the whole point

TheCorporation
04-23-2019, 06:03 PM
Moving the goal posts to "can't even get past the 2nd round" :lol

While I won't be surprised if the Celtics win, this team is almost as dangerous as the 2010 Celtics that eliminated LeBron back in 2010, the last truly great team he saw in the eastern conference playoffs :lol

It's a shame the East is looking better now than it arguably has since the late 2000s when LeBron was lucky to get past the 2nd round :cry:

Just give Giannis twenty seasons and I'm sure he'll be efficient enough to score over .469 for one season.

Edit: Oh shit, he already did it 5 years in a row :eek:

TheCorporation
04-23-2019, 06:04 PM
Again man it hypothetical. He'd already have been to the finals if he had a jumper shot like mj. That's the whole point

I see what you're trying to do, I just don't think it's valid without him showing that he can win at a high level.

I don't think his jumpshot will take him from 1st round exits to Finals wins. Maybe if he got a Pippen type like MJ at 1-9 did then he would be okay. Khris Middleton is a poor man's Pip but we'll see soon enough.

Jasper
04-23-2019, 06:08 PM
funny when Reggie said that , they Giannis pulls up and hits a 3..

:D

Those few three's opens the paint enough for him to drive.
MVP in my book

3ball
04-23-2019, 06:18 PM

Giannis has Shaq power, but lacks MJ's skillset and savvy - notice how MJ takes the standard fadeaway here:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-23-2019/lKZgu0.gif

Then he fakes the fadeaway and goes up-and-under, eviscerating the defender:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-23-2019/0fe-UP.gif

MJ also had goat and instinct and skill on the catch to know which move would work - no ball-dominance needed:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-23-2019/5eBQQk.gif

https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-23-2019/iH12xP.gif

Giannis' drop-step is superior, but he lacks the combination of a power drop-step and goat touch/shot-making ability:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-23-2019/tWDz_j.gif

Then MJ had wrinkles like the Dirk one-legger, which MJ invented:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/4-23-2019/vSRHjD.gif

That being said, I agree with Reggie - a GOOD jumpshot would make Giannis as dominant as MJ, if not as skilled

Mr.GOAT2408
04-23-2019, 06:26 PM
Just give Giannis twenty seasons and I'm sure he'll be efficient enough to score over .469 for one season.

Edit: Oh shit, he already did it 5 years in a row :eek:
Considering he rarely shoots the ball that's to be expected, but he's dominant enough to where it's not as big of a concern as it was with LeBron at the same stage.

He'll probably always have a worse jumper than LeBron (career 37% jumpshooter? something like that) but he's way more dominant, more team oriented, better defender, and has that "killer instinct" that LeBron has often lacked :lol

3ball
04-23-2019, 06:40 PM
Considering he rarely shoots the ball that's to be expected, but he's dominant enough to where it's not as big of a concern as it was with LeBron at the same stage.

He'll probably always have a worse jumper than LeBron (career 37% jumpshooter? something like that) but he's way more dominant, more team oriented, better defender, and has that "killer instinct" that LeBron has often lacked :lol
I agree and despite my post above highlighting some of Giannis' skill deficit to MJ - I agree with Reggie - a GOOD jumpshot would make Gianni's as dominant as MJ, if not as skilled

Bronbron23
04-23-2019, 07:32 PM
I see what you're trying to do, I just don't think it's valid without him showing that he can win at a high level.

I don't think his jumpshot will take him from 1st round exits to Finals wins. Maybe if he got a Pippen type like MJ at 1-9 did then he would be okay. Khris Middleton is a poor man's Pip but we'll see soon enough.
I guess that's we're we disagree because I think if he had a jumper like mj it be game over. He'd be the best player in the league by a mile but like I said I dought he ever gets a jumper at all let alone like mj

knicksman
04-23-2019, 08:00 PM
Acting like having a jumpshot is that easy. It took lebron almost 10 years to develop it. Thats why Im no fan of his coz lacking jumpshot means he has no idea what is important and what is not. How are you going to develop those more advanced skills without it. Thats why lebron is a loser. Winners are respected and hes not.

tpols
04-23-2019, 08:03 PM
thats like saying if chris paul was 350 lbs hed be shaq.

Bronbron23
04-23-2019, 08:26 PM
thats like saying if chris paul was 350 lbs hed be shaq.
Well it's hypothetical so kinda but not really. Developing a jumpshot in your mid 20's is hard but possible. Chris Paul growing 10 inches and gaining 160 lbs isnt

tpols
04-23-2019, 08:51 PM
Well it's hypothetical so kinda but not really. Developing a jumpshot in your mid 20's is hard but possible. Chris Paul growing 10 inches and gaining 160 lbs isnt

Jordan is one of the greatest shooters of all time... his midrange stats speak for themselves.

Giannis has about the same chance of sprouting his D level jumper as a guard has of hitting a late growth spurt and morphing into wilt.

Bronbron23
04-23-2019, 09:09 PM
Jordan is one of the greatest shooters of all time... his midrange stats speak for themselves.

Giannis has about the same chance of sprouting his D level jumper as a guard has of hitting a late growth spurt and morphing into wilt.
Its highly unlikely yes but one is impossible and the other just improbable but still possible. Greek has heart and a crazy work ethic. I wouldn't bet against it to be honest

3ball
04-23-2019, 09:16 PM
Its highly unlikely yes but one is impossible and the other just improbable but still possible. Greek has heart and a crazy work ethic. I wouldn't bet against it to be honest
I think Giannis can develop a Jason Kidd-like, stand-still jumper

But he'll never have a pull-up off-the-dribble or a hard drive, the holy grail of jumpshooting skill, along with the turnaround

He could actually get a decent turnaround from short range.. along with the Kidd stand-still

StrongLurk
04-23-2019, 09:35 PM
Wow, Imagine if Shaq had MJ's jumper. Or Lebron? Or Kareem? OR...

This shit is so dumb, Giannis won't EVER have a jumper like MJ...EVER.

Giannis is still raw as HELL, he just is a physical freak who has some decent skills.

Dude can barely shoot outside of the paint and shoots 64% from free throw in the playoffs...

Bronbron23
04-23-2019, 09:37 PM
I think Giannis can develop a Jason Kidd-like, stand-still jumper

But he'll never have a pull-up off-the-dribble or a hard drive, the holy grail of jumpshooting skill, along with the turnaround

He could actually get a decent turnaround from short range.. along with the Kidd stand-still
I dought he will either. If he did I wouldn't be shocked though. Greeks mentality and hart remind me alot of mj. Greek is the first player since mj that I thought may actually have a chance to catch him. Even a decent set shot and turnaround might get him there but alot has to go his way like health and team structure.

StrongLurk
04-23-2019, 09:41 PM
I dought he will either. If he did I wouldn't be shocked though. Greeks mentality and hart remind me alot of mj. Greek is the first player since mj that I thought may actually have a chance to catch him. Even a decent set shot and turnaround might get him there but alot has to go his way like health and team structure.

LOL what? There have been PLENTY of players who have been better than Giannis this year.

How long have you been watching basketball?

Even just looking at other physical freaks, Shaq and Lebron >> Giannis.

And Lebron is certainly more skilled than Shaq and Giannis overall.

Giannis travels/carries more than anyone I've seen in the NBA as a superstar.

3ball
04-23-2019, 09:50 PM
LOL what? There have been PLENTY of players who have been better than Giannis this year.

I think Giannis' physical talent is equal or better than bron's, but lebron was a little more skilled because his jumper wasn't as bad as Giannis or Simmons, although obviously still bad

I agree that peak Shaq and lebron are better as we stand today, but if Giannis romps through this East, that would be equal to any Finals run of Shaq or lebron.. and Giannis isn't in his prime - he has a lot of room for upside

Bronbron23
04-23-2019, 10:26 PM

Who was better than Greek this year? Don't forget about the other side of the ball homeboy.

And im not saying there hasn't been better players since mj. Shaq, Kobe,kd, curry, Bron, Duncan and a few others were all better if we were comparing to date. I'm talking potential. As good as all of those guys were I didn't see them ever catching mj. Maybe Kobe a little. I see it in Greek though. It's not just the skill it's the mins set and hart. Could be wrong though. Time will tell

StrongLurk
04-23-2019, 10:26 PM
I think Giannis' physical talent is equal or better than bron's, but lebron was a little more skilled because his jumper wasn't as bad as Giannis or Simmons, although obviously still bad

I agree that peak Shaq and lebron are better as we stand today, but if Giannis romps through this East, that would be equal to any Finals run of Shaq or lebron.. and Giannis isn't in his prime - he has a lot of room for upside

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Please, there is no guarantee that Giannis becomes effectively more dominant than he is now. Lebron at 24 is > Giannis at 24, just at that age. Don't even try to compare Lebron 19-23 to Giannis 19-23.

Shaq was breaking basketball backboards and entire goals before his 24th bday.

I like Giannis a lot (pure baller, not interested in off the court stuff) and I understand some of the hype, but Giannis has a TON to prove. He does have a great team surrounding him though so he will get his opportunity.

Hell, I'd take Durant and Kobe at 24 over Giannis at 24.

RRR3
04-23-2019, 10:29 PM
Who was better than Greek this year? Don't forget about the other side of the ball homeboy.

And im not saying there hasn't been better players since mj. Shaq, Kobe,kd, curry, Bron, Duncan and a few others were all better if we were comparing to date. I'm talking potential. As good as all of those guys were I didn't see them ever catching mj. Maybe Kobe a little. I see it in Greek though. It's not just the skill it's the mins set and hart. Could be wrong though. Time will tell
Kobe catching MJ? :biggums:

Bronbron23
04-23-2019, 10:32 PM
Kobe catching MJ? :biggums:
I'm talking potential when they were playing. When Kobe was young and coming up I though at the time he had a chance to one day catch him. Greek is the only other player I've thought that about potential wise

StrongLurk
04-23-2019, 10:53 PM
I'm talking potential when they were playing. When Kobe was young and coming up I though at the time he had a chance to one day catch him. Greek is the only other player I've thought that about potential wise

Is this thought process coming from what you perceive as "heart, mindset, competitiveness"?

I can't understand how you are skipping over other players.

How much do rings/championships mean for your comparisons?

Mr.GOAT2408
04-23-2019, 10:58 PM
Kobe after 01 was definitely getting talks, it's technically fair to say he had a better career than MJ at the same age even if he played a few more years (as a teen), contrary to my username I never really saw it especially after the 04 disaster. I know a lot were in the moment in his prime though, same with LeBron recently. Still my favorite player ever :confusedshrug:

The thing with Giannis is, his improvements year to year has been unprecedented. You really can't compare him to anyone because his career arc is so unorthodox.

He has "IT" is the best way to explain but even that's vague. I just think, having watched a ton of clips of him off the court, that he has a mindset/demeanor where whatever flaws he has now (it's really just shooting, although he could improve his footwork some more) he'll most likely fix in his prime.

People thought he'd peak at Pippen level early in his career and it's fair to say he's exceeded that. We really don't know how good this guy could be

And1AllDay
04-23-2019, 11:08 PM
Kobe after 01 was definitely getting talks, it's technically fair to say he had a better career than MJ at the same age even if he played a few more years (as a teen), contrary to my username I never really saw it especially after the 04 disaster. I know a lot were in the moment in his prime though, same with LeBron recently. Still my favorite player ever :confusedshrug:

The thing with Giannis is, his improvements year to year has been unprecedented. You really can't compare him to anyone because his career arc is so unorthodox.

He has "IT" is the best way to explain but even that's vague. I just think, having watched a ton of clips of him off the court, that he has a mindset/demeanor where whatever flaws he has now (it's really just shooting, although he could improve his footwork some more) he'll most likely fix in his prime.

People thought he'd peak at Pippen level early in his career and it's fair to say he's exceeded that. We really don't know how good this guy could be

Giannis has potential but he isnt even close to Kobe. He has a better chance to pass Mike then Kobe. Kobe has more skill and played in a tougher era then Mike and didn't have as much talent from 2005 to 2016 compared to Mike his whole career.

Kobe over Mike and definitley over Giannis Antewhocares

End of story

tpols
04-23-2019, 11:22 PM
Giannis has a rondo like form and disproportionate wingspan... expecting him to get better at shooting jumpers is asinine.

3Ball compared giannis's potential improvement to jkidd... the difference is jkidd was forced to be a first option scorer vs iverson, pierce, kobe, shaq and beyond despite being awful at off the dribble jumpers because he had no hops. How many jason kidd poasters have you seen?

He was still a good set shooter. Giannis' form is broken both ways.

Mr.GOAT2408
04-23-2019, 11:41 PM
Giannis has a rondo like form and disproportionate wingspan... expecting him to get better at shooting jumpers is asinine.

3Ball compared giannis's potential improvement to jkidd... the difference is jkidd was forced to be a first option scorer vs iverson, pierce, kobe, shaq and beyond despite being awful at off the dribble jumpers because he had no hops. How many jason kidd poasters have you seen?

He was still a good set shooter. Giannis' form is broken both ways.
Even then, he's made about 40% of midrange shots this season (about 10% of his shot attempts) and the last 40 rs games he made 33 or 34% of his 3s which is pretty much all he needs to shoot at to be a threat. The main issue might be gaining all that muscle which should hopefully no longer be an issue as there's little reason for him to add more muscle.

tanibanana
04-24-2019, 12:06 AM
If Giannis had a jumpshot minus the heart = Durant

Smoke117
04-24-2019, 12:10 AM
Even then, he's made about 40% of midrange shots this season (about 10% of his shot attempts) and the last 40 rs games he made 33 or 34% of his 3s which is pretty much all he needs to shoot at to be a threat. The main issue might be gaining all that muscle which should hopefully no longer be an issue as there's little reason for him to add more muscle.

? He shot .381% in the 10-16 range and only 5% of his shots were taken there.

Mr.GOAT2408
04-24-2019, 12:20 AM
Midrange is 10 ft up to 3 point line

And I know it's gone up as the season went on

Boogaboog
04-24-2019, 12:20 AM
It's true, but not interesting. It's like saying John Wall with Curry's shooting and Pippen's defense might be the best player in the league. Or Kawhi with leadership abilities. :oldlol:

Bronbron23
04-24-2019, 12:31 AM
Is this thought process coming from what you perceive as "heart, mindset, competitiveness"?

I can't understand how you are skipping over other players.

How much do rings/championships mean for your comparisons?
Dude your missing the point. I'm not saying Kobe and Greek are better than everyone accept mj. I'm saying based on all of there attributes both physically and mentally I thought early that they had a chance to be as good as mj. I was wrong with Kobe all though he came pretty close. We'll see if I'm wrong with Greek.

Yes other guys had similar attributes. Some better in some areas and some worse. Greek and Kobe's attitude, mindset, determination and heart stand out more than others with similar attributes. Shaq, LeBron, kd to me don't have that same mentality but we're all better at the same age due to LeBron and kd being more skilled and Shaq just being so big and strong. If Greeks gets more skilled and gets a mj like jumper(that's a big if) then I think he could potentially catch Mike.

There was a time when mj didn't have any rings and was fresh out of college and a few people like Bobby knight were saying he could be the best ever. Most didn't think that but he could see the potential. He didn't need rings and a NBA sample size to see it coming.