PDA

View Full Version : Dame > steph

AlternativeAcc.
04-24-2019, 04:16 AM
Steph has exactly zero true buzzer beating gws his entire career... and his close calls are in the regular season

Meanwhile Dame is doing this shit in the playoffs.. real skill.. real coldblooded nature. Dame > steph 7 days a week!

RoseCity07
04-24-2019, 04:46 AM
Of course he's better. Golden State is just stacked. Steph is the better shooter. When it comes to leadership and taking over a game. Lillard is better at those things.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-24-2019, 04:51 AM
Of course he's better. Golden State is just stacked. Steph is the better shooter. When it comes to leadership and taking over a game. Lillard is better at those things.

Lillards clearly the better defender and pick and roll player too

He just had a series better than Steph ever did as underdogs against a top defense and 2 all NBA players missing his 2nd best player

Steph the better shooter and scorer but Dame closing the gap. And Dame is 8/12 on these long 3s so far

It's close but those 2 and Kyrie are levels above everyone else

Mask the Embiid
04-24-2019, 04:52 AM
https://media.tenor.com/images/f40c70a52dbf0e83b9d1da6a9eaf7f52/tenor.gif

LeCola
04-24-2019, 05:03 AM
Sure :roll: :roll: :roll:

ImKobe
04-24-2019, 05:14 AM
Yeah, no.

Steph is a better scorer and playmaker.

RoseCity07
04-24-2019, 05:29 AM
Yeah, no.

Steph is a better scorer and playmaker.

I don't know about scorer anymore. I think Steph is a better playmaker but not scoring. Lillard doesn't have nearly the amount of space to operate. Curry has KD and Klay clearing lanes for him.

ImKobe
04-24-2019, 05:37 AM
I don't know about scorer anymore. I think Steph is a better playmaker but not scoring. Lillard doesn't have nearly the amount of space to operate. Curry has KD and Klay clearing lanes for him.

Steph takes high-difficulty shots all the time, his release is just insanely quick and he's one of the best finishers at his size in the game. I don't think there's anyone better when it comes to shooting 3s off the dribble. Lillard isn't far off though, he's a high-volume 3-point shooter who loves to shoot them off the dribble and does that so efficiently as well, but I don't think he's better at finishing at the rim. Also consider that Lillard is barely over 40% from the field for his Playoff career and his raw Playoff averages are basically identical to his RS ones with considerably higher mpg.

Also, 2015 Curry averaged career-highs in ppg and 3PT%(also career-high 11.0 3PA with 42.2%) in the Playoffs up to this season, he didn't get more efficient at shooting post-2016. His 2015 run is still statistically on par with his best ones overall.

Kblaze8855
04-24-2019, 05:45 AM
Of course he's better.

Of course?

You know how good someone has to be to justify that in comparison to Steph? I cant even imagine the level of ball id need to see a guy like them(Crazy shooting combo guards) play to say hes better than Steph "of course". I know ive never seen it.

Mr.GOAT2408
04-24-2019, 05:47 AM
He's not better especially off ball but I'm sure if he played on the Warriors there would be a noticeable boost in his production as well. He does a lot of the same things Curry does but doesn't have the personnel around him to pull it off

LAmbruh
04-24-2019, 05:52 AM
crazy how Curry went from a Top 5 player in 2016 to barely a Top 10-15 this season

ever since he "peaked in OKC" things have slowly regressed

shout out to H. Garfunkle

knicksman
04-24-2019, 06:00 AM
Steph takes high-difficulty shots all the time, his release is just insanely quick and he's one of the best finishers at his size in the game. I don't think there's anyone better when it comes to shooting 3s off the dribble. Lillard isn't far off though, he's a high-volume 3-point shooter who loves to shoot them off the dribble and does that so efficiently as well, but I don't think he's better at finishing at the rim. Also consider that Lillard is barely over 40% from the field for his Playoff career and his raw Playoff averages are basically identical to his RS ones with considerably higher mpg.

Also, 2015 Curry averaged career-highs in ppg and 3PT%(also career-high 11.0 3PA with 42.2%) in the Playoffs up to this season, he didn't get more efficient at shooting post-2016. His 2015 run is still statistically on par with his best ones overall.

steph is the better shooter but thats because of his jumpshot. But theres also a weakness to it. It is too strong for the midrange game. Thats why steph would rather do a floater or attempt a contested layup over an uncontested midrange coz its too strong. And that weakness make his shot creation capabilities limited.

kennethgriffen
04-24-2019, 06:39 AM
great. now OP jinxed lillard like he did harden

:facepalm

kennethgriffen
04-24-2019, 06:43 AM
Of course?

You know how good someone has to be to justify that in comparison to Steph? I cant even imagine the level of ball id need to see a guy like them(Crazy shooting combo guards) play to say hes better than Steph "of course". I know ive never seen it.

lillard is waay waaaay more reliable than steph. its not just about front running pull up threes and fancy dribbles... lillard just has that durant IT factor where you know he can get a quality shot at any time vs anyone. steph can't

2swift4u
04-24-2019, 07:25 AM
Personally I like Dame better but it's hard to say who's the better player. But if my life depended on it I'd rather give Dame the ball in the final seconds. That's for sure. Dude is a killer!

fourkicks44
04-24-2019, 07:44 AM
TBF Steph's defense is better.

And that is saying something cause Dame had the tools but can't use them.

1987_Lakers
04-24-2019, 07:52 AM
People are prisoners of the moment, a guy hits a buzzer beater and all of a sudden he is a God.

Steph is clearly better. Lillard could only wish he had Curry's efficiency.

kennethgriffen
04-24-2019, 08:05 AM
People are prisoners of the moment, a guy hits a buzzer beater and all of a sudden he is a God.

Steph is clearly better. Lillard could only wish he had Curry's efficiency.

i've been saying lillards better than steph for years

he's the most underrated player ever. the guy missed the 2016 and 2017 allstar game averaging 25ppg and 27ppg and both years were winning seasons

he's been a stud for a long time. its just now the mainstream is getting behind him finally

it was all politics that was keeping him down. he had a bad rep around the league for some reason... dunno if it was cause he drove aldridge away or what

1987_Lakers
04-24-2019, 08:15 AM
I agree that Lillard is one of the more underrated guys in the league, he has been robbed of a couple of All-Star appearances, but I wouldn't put him on Curry's level. He is pretty much Steph without the efficiency.

Phoenix
04-24-2019, 08:32 AM
I look at Dame in the same way I look at Kyrie. For the first 46 minutes of the game I'd rather Steph, but I wouldn't argue with anyone saying they'd take Dame/Kyrie in a 'final minute/last shot' type situation. Rather than getting caught up as prisoners of the moment, however, let's just enjoy what we're seeing. 2nd round going forward in both conferences promises some great basketball.

Bronbron23
04-24-2019, 08:44 AM
Steph has exactly zero true buzzer beating gws his entire career... and his close calls are in the regular season

Meanwhile Dame is doing this shit in the playoffs.. real skill.. real coldblooded nature. Dame > steph 7 days a week!
I don't know man and I really like Dame and don't really like Steph. They're both insane and can hit ridiculous shots and get hotter than anyone on a one game basis. Steph is a bit more consistent though. Dame could easily go cold as hell the next series. I gotta go with Steph on this one until Dame shows me more than one series and can show he can win chips

plowking
04-24-2019, 08:50 AM

He just had a series better than Steph ever did as underdogs against a top defense and 2 all NBA players missing his 2nd best player

Steph the better shooter and scorer but Dame closing the gap. And Dame is 8/12 on these long 3s so far

lol Kyrie isn't close to either.

stalkerforlife
04-24-2019, 08:52 AM
A stupid hot take.

Par for course.

If you don't understand the CURRY SYSTEM by now, you never will.

stalkerforlife
04-24-2019, 08:55 AM
lol Kyrie isn't close to either.

Bullshit.

Why are you Bransvestites still here? Bran didn't make the playoffs just like we all knew would happen in the WEST.

Big164
04-24-2019, 09:11 AM
Steph is 6-0 vs Dame in Playoffs....

H2h
Steph is 30/4/7 on 46% from 3

Dame is 27/3/6 on 42% from 3

Lay off the crack guys...

tontoz
04-24-2019, 09:33 AM
Steph's career 3pt % is actually the same as Dame's career FG%.

:lol

Big164
04-24-2019, 09:57 AM
Steph's career 3pt % is actually the same as Dame's career FG%.

Dame is not even on CJs level in 3p%

Cj is a career 40% guy....Dame is 36%

Stephonit
04-24-2019, 10:01 AM
Dame is a great player. You know how you know he is a great player? He gets compared to Steph sometimes.

1987_Lakers
05-14-2019, 11:34 PM
This didn't age well.

hold this L
05-14-2019, 11:36 PM

Simon is trolling while this mouth breathing moron is doing everything he can to undermine Steph because he beat his hero and wants him to look as good as possible while being in the same team. Has been MIA and will likely show up as soon as the Warriors lose and Curry has a bad game as well.

Can't tell which one of the two is more pathetic. :lol

RoseCity07
05-14-2019, 11:37 PM
Not gonna go off one game especially when lillard actually guards curry and they hide curry from lillard.

hold this L
05-14-2019, 11:39 PM
Not gonna go off one game especially when lillard actually guards curry and they hide curry from lillard.
Curry is better than Lillard in every single aspect of basketball. Dame is in every manner, Curry-Lite. Saying that, you can't judge games based on one game. You're right about that.

stalkerforlife
05-14-2019, 11:46 PM

And this moron, unlike the OP troll, actually believed this.

:roll:

Ben Simmons 25
05-14-2019, 11:48 PM
And this moron, unlike the OP troll, actually believed this.

To be fair, we have a lot of people that give incredibly stupid opinions when it involves their favorite player/team.

Look at Houston fans... they defend Harden's flopping and offensive fouls and take issue with people that hate his sorry ass. It's pathetic.

Irrational tribalism runs deep... this is sports, after all. Not that I'm excusing their idiocy... it's just... easy to understand why they're saying stupid things. It's emotional. Not rational intellect.

stalkerforlife
05-14-2019, 11:54 PM
To be fair, we have a lot of people that give incredibly stupid opinions when it involves their favorite player/team.

Look at Houston fans... they defend Harden's flopping and offensive fouls and take issue with people that hate his sorry ass. It's pathetic.

Irrational tribalism runs deep... this is sports, after all. Not that I'm excusing their idiocy... it's just... easy to understand why they're saying stupid things. It's emotional. Not rational intellect.

I feel like I'm talking to a toddler when they suggest something like this, though.

Lillard is not even remotely close.

The Curry system can't be matched.

Curry runs around the court like a chicken with his head cut off WITHOUT the ball and the defense is utterly confused and chasing him everywhere.

Then they say okay, f uck it, we'll trap dude 30 feet away and then the Warriors are playing 4 on 3.

WTF else are people watching?

The Curry system won't show up in a box score directly beside his name. :facepalm

Ben Simmons 25
05-14-2019, 11:55 PM
I feel like I'm talking to a toddler when they suggest something like this, though.

Lillard is not even remotely close.

The Curry system can't be matched.

Curry runs around the court like a chicken with his head cut off WITHOUT the ball and the defense is utterly confused and chasing him everywhere.

Then they say okay, f uck it, we'll trap dude 30 feet away and then the Warriors are playing 4 on 3.

WTF else are people watching?

The Curry system won't show up in a box score directly beside his name. :facepalm

Well, you're correct.

ballinhun8
05-15-2019, 12:01 AM
Lillard is great. Probably a top 20 player in this league. But........Curry is tiers above him.

RoseCity07
05-15-2019, 12:16 AM
Lillard is great. Probably a top 20 player in this league. But........Curry is tiers above him.

Lillard is top 10 easily and was first team last year. Curry could never carry a team the way Lillard has. Curry plays with 5 all-stars. Never forget that. Ever.

stalkerforlife
05-15-2019, 12:23 AM
Lillard is top 10 easily and was first team last year. Curry could never carry a team the way Lillard has. Curry plays with 5 all-stars. Never forget that. Ever.

You f ucking moron.

Who are his 5 all-stars?

True greats make their help look great.

Dray is not a multiple time all-star anywhere but in GS.

Klay is a great shooter, but CJ isn't that far behind him as a player.

Who the f uck were his 5 all-stars in game 5 and 6 against Houston?

ANY player that leads a DYNASTY is automatically going to have his help overrated.

hold this L
05-15-2019, 12:29 AM
This is amazing lol

RoseCity07
05-15-2019, 12:33 AM
You f ucking moron.

Who are his 5 all-stars?

True greats make their help look great.

Dray is not a multiple time all-star anywhere but in GS.

Klay is a great shooter, but CJ isn't that far behind him as a player.

Who the f uck were his 5 all-stars in game 5 and 6 against Houston?

ANY player that leads a DYNASTY is automatically going to have his help
overrated.

Iggy, Cousins, KD, Klay, Draymond. All-Star level talent.

stalkerforlife
05-15-2019, 12:34 AM

sammichoffate
Lillard is top 10 easily and was first team last year. Curry could never carry a team the way Lillard has. Curry plays with 5 all-stars. Never forget that. Ever.Curry's been carrying GS since 2013, what are you talking about lol.

hold this L
Iggy and Boogie are no longer all stars. That's like saying Mavs have Dirk as an all star on their team.

RoseCity07
05-15-2019, 12:45 AM
Iggy and Boogie are no longer all stars. That's like saying Mavs have Dirk as an all star on their team.

I think I can give you Boogie since he's hurt but man Iggy is. He absolutely is an all-star level difference maker. Plus he actually was an all-star in the east. He has the rep. He's a Finals MVP. You can't downplay that.

Warriors are so god damn loaded and I think Blazers can play them better than this.

hold this L
05-15-2019, 12:53 AM
I think I can give you Boogie since he's hurt but man Iggy is. He absolutely is an all-star level difference maker. Plus he actually was an all-star in the east. He has the rep. He's a Finals MVP. You can't downplay that.

Warriors are so god damn loaded and I think Blazers can play them better than this.
Cut the nonsense, Iggy has been an all star once in his entire career. In 2012, when he was 28 rather than now as a 35 year old. The difference is someone like Iggy will look much better with Steph than he will look by the cheaper "Made in China" Steph, that currently plays for Portland.

imdaman99
05-15-2019, 02:14 AM
You keep saying things like this. As soon as Curry guards him, I'm sure Dame will call for a pick and roll and then he'll abuse the big man that is forced to switch onto him. There is literally no point in anyone trying to guard someone with their best defender anymore when teams spam pick and rolls every play.

RoseCity07
05-15-2019, 02:51 AM
Cut the nonsense, Iggy has been an all star once in his entire career. In 2012, when he was 28 rather than now as a 35 year old. The difference is someone like Iggy will look much better with Steph than he will look by the cheaper "Made in China" Steph, that currently plays for Portland.

Okay, damn, cut the nonsense huh. So Curry is down the 2 all-stars. Wow. The cards are stacked so much more in Portland's favori lol

hold this L
05-15-2019, 02:58 AM
Okay, damn, cut the nonsense huh. So Curry is down the 2 all-stars. Wow. The cards are stacked so much more in Portland's favori lol
The Warriors have always had a great team. I'm not denying that, just this Iggy as an all star joke has been repeated and is wrong one too many times. Iggy is still awesome and one of the best glue guys you ever want on your team, esp when he's carrying the bench mob.

1987_Lakers
05-20-2019, 11:56 PM
:roll: :roll:

RRR3
05-20-2019, 11:57 PM
Yikes

SouBeachTalents
05-20-2019, 11:57 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/p4cqQ0gUIMcU0/giphy.gif

warriorfan
05-20-2019, 11:58 PM
Wheels with another one :lol

RoseCity07
05-21-2019, 12:09 AM
This series didn't change my mind.

I still got Lillard over Curry.

SouBeachTalents
05-21-2019, 12:10 AM
This series didn't change my mind.

I still got Lillard over Curry.

Im so nba'd out
05-21-2019, 12:11 AM
Wheels with another one :lol
https://i.postimg.cc/9F3NXJfp/iztb7t-min.png

JohnMax
05-21-2019, 12:15 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/WQsGunpJcUSLNNfRIV/giphy.gif

Celtics 1825
05-21-2019, 12:21 AM
http://www.danfasoline.com/ArrestedDevelopment/wheelchair_fall.gif

sammichoffate
05-21-2019, 12:25 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/WQsGunpJcUSLNNfRIV/giphy.gif:banana:

BigShotBob
05-21-2019, 01:59 AM
Lol Lillard doesn't even know how to consistently beat a double team. Says a lot about the level of competition he's faced through the years. Not only that but he got swept and shutdown by Rondo and Holiday.

stalkerforlife
05-21-2019, 02:02 AM
Yikes.

Mr. Jabbar
05-21-2019, 02:10 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/p4cqQ0gUIMcU0/giphy.gif

stalkerforlife
05-21-2019, 02:11 AM
Maybe OP meant Seth?

And even that is a reach.

RRR3
05-21-2019, 02:13 AM
Maybe OP meant Seth?

And even that is a reach.
:biggums:

Just because OP said something retarded doesn’t mean you need to join in.

34-24 Footwork
05-21-2019, 02:33 AM
Damn. Lol. OP is the only one that's been pushing shit like this. Back when the half of this board was anti-steph, there are plenty of people that were saying "if you replace steph with so and so..."

I miss the pre-KD, days :lol

Turbo Slayer
05-21-2019, 09:37 PM
I have a question for you though. Would you take Dame over the GOAT shooter Curry?

Game 1:
Steph: 36 points :confusedshrug:

Game 2:
Steph: 37 points

Game 3:
Steph: 36 points

Game 4:
Steph 37 points

warriorfan
05-21-2019, 09:54 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/9F3NXJfp/iztb7t-min.png

And1AllDay
05-21-2019, 09:58 PM
Give Lillard Dray, Klay, Iggy and give Curry McCollum and Kanter and lets see what happens :oldlol:

eliteballer
05-21-2019, 10:00 PM
Switch teams and coaches..

And1AllDay
05-21-2019, 10:01 PM
Switch teams and coaches..

Thats what im saying

Pair up Curry and CJ McCollum :oldlol: And give Lillard Dray Klay and Iggy and issa wrap

imdaman99
05-21-2019, 10:26 PM
Curry is in a system that maximizes his potential. Lillard is not in a system.

warriorfan
05-21-2019, 10:29 PM
Curry is in a system that maximizes his potential. Lillard is not in a system.

This is a contender for lowest iq post of the year

Impressive

sammichoffate
05-22-2019, 12:17 AM
Curry is in a system that maximizes his potential. Lillard is not in a system.Curry is the system you degenerate.