PDA

View Full Version : Avengers: Endgame movie discussion with spoilers

Stephonit
04-24-2019, 08:36 AM
Came in lowering my expectations because I saw the task of following Infinity War was daunting. I couldn't see how it could have been an even better version of what came before

imdaman99
04-24-2019, 10:46 AM
How did you watch it?

Stephonit
04-24-2019, 11:06 AM
Sitting. In a theater.

By the way it is a long movie. Use the restroom before it starts. I had to go during the ending credits and thankfully didn't seem to miss any extra footage. It's the endgame and they followed through by not adding any teasers

imdaman99
04-24-2019, 11:13 AM
Oh my bad, I forgot it came out some places today in the evening. Had no idea you could be from somewhere in Europe :cheers:

Glad you enjoyed it, I'm going to see it Sunday. 3 hours of craziness :rockon:

BTW, post ending credit scene(s)... worth it?

Stephonit
04-24-2019, 11:19 AM
I said teasers but actually meant post-ending credit scenes. I don't think there were any but will not promise if they release differently in different regions.

Ben Simmons 25
04-25-2019, 09:44 PM
Review without spoilers:

First and foremost... this movie was not as good as Infinity War. During Infinity War specifically, Thanos is arguably, and in my opinion he is, the best on screen villain for any movie ever, not just comic book movies, because of how they fleshed out the character and because he won.

This movie is three hours long. If you need to get up and go to the bathroom, feel free to do so at any point in the first two hours of the movie... you really aren't going to miss much of anything that's terribly important. It really won't matter. It's not worth holding it for three hours like I did.

But absolutely do not get up for the last hour plus. That's when the action really starts and that's when all of the meat and potatoes of the movie transpires.

They wrapped this movie and series of movies for this story line up beautifully and I am so happy with how it ended that words can't describe. It was extremely well done.

I ended up crying at least six times and I really wanted to let go and just lose my shit with the crying but I held it in to be respectful of those around me. I think I have cared for many years about all of these characters more than most people have.

There is no post credits scene. There is a post credits audio that most of the audience doesn't understand what it's a reference to... but it's very clearly a tip of the hat / homage to someone/something. It was pretty obvious to me, but I've seen every film, most of them more than once.

Anyways... great movie overall. They wrapped the entire overarching story up beautifully.... and Infinity War was a better movie.

bluechox2
04-25-2019, 09:59 PM
movie was ok...great ending...middle was dull...

literally could have just named it ironman 4 featuring captain america and the avengers

Bawkish
04-25-2019, 10:58 PM
just watched it, man Thanos blew up his 3-1 lead :lol

Yes it is an emotional movie, great closeup of the Avengers story arc. Also have some questions about the plot but i'd rather discuss this with the others on some spoiler discussions

I'd say the best Marvel film to date. 9/10

Patrick Chewing
04-25-2019, 11:33 PM
What

GimmeThat
04-25-2019, 11:45 PM
Endgame was better than Infinity War. People who are saying Infinity War was better are most likely stuck in a pre-latter day saint world/surrounding.

the problem to be solved, was whether it was the infinity stone or infinity stones, some may suggest that by the glove, it implies infinity stones, but spider man would most likely tell you other wise

how does a hero die as a villain?

"there were no game, it was all a trap"

sammichoffate
04-26-2019, 12:23 AM
It was much better than IW, it focused on the characters more while keeping the great action scenes up and the character interactions paid off tremendously with a masterpiece ending 10/10.

Bawkish
04-26-2019, 01:20 AM
Endgame was better than Infinity War. People who are saying Infinity War was better are most likely stuck in a pre-latter day saint world/surrounding.

the problem to be solved, was whether it was the infinity stone or infinity stones, some may suggest that by the glove, it implies infinity stones, but spider man would most likely tell you other wise

i'd agree, but IW Thanos is much better than EG Thanos

bigkingsfan
04-26-2019, 01:56 AM
*spoilers*

Movie should have ended after they killed Thanos in the first 20 minutes.

scuzzy
04-26-2019, 01:57 AM
*spoilers*

This

Bawkish
04-26-2019, 02:30 AM
*spoilers*

They could've included that in the end of Infinity War

CelticBaller
04-26-2019, 02:42 AM
I cried like a bitch

10/10

Stephonit
04-26-2019, 02:46 AM
*spoilers*

But then we wouldn't have gotten to see the best scene in the movie:

"Hail Hydra!"

Bawkish
04-26-2019, 04:41 AM
But then we wouldn't have gotten to see the best scene in the movie:

"Hail Hydra!"

you mean,

"Avengers! Assemble!!"

eliteballer
04-26-2019, 05:13 AM
Part 1 was better.

RoseCity07
04-26-2019, 06:58 AM
Google Thanos and then click the glove. :lol

You results will fade away. Then click the glove again. The come back.

SPOILER>

the scene of women all coming together was super cringe. What the hell was that. Like omg see how strong women come together. Cheese ball moment.

sammichoffate
04-26-2019, 08:06 AM
Google Thanos and then click the glove. :lol

You results will fade away. Then click the glove again. The come back.

SPOILER>

the scene of women all coming together was super cringe. What the hell was that. Like omg see how strong women come together. Cheese ball moment.Yeah, that made me go wth :biggums:

Ben Simmons 25
04-26-2019, 08:26 AM

I'm assuming English isn't your primary language? What a mess.

bluechox2
04-26-2019, 07:38 PM
*spoilers*

seriously..when i saw that i was like...OK....so they did it... and the next 2 and a half hours is about bringing dead people back....

TheMan
04-26-2019, 09:04 PM
Tried buying tickets todays and all showings are sold out all weekend :eek:

Gonna be a HUGE blockbuster...lol at that clown Ben Simmons :oldlol:

Ben Simmons 25
04-26-2019, 09:09 PM
Tried buying tickets todays and all showings are sold out all weekend :eek:

Gonna be a HUGE blockbuster...lol at that clown Ben Simmons :oldlol:

You don't get to clown me after the fact, you stupid dumbass.

If you had talked shit or disagreed at the time, sure, knock yourself out, but you don't get to sit on the sidelines and then join a side when we're well into the race.

There is no way this movie touches Avatar.

And while I was definitely premature on shortchanging the hype that would get built up, I was also correct that this movie would not be as good as Infinity War... it wasn't.

TheMan
04-26-2019, 11:21 PM

If you had talked shit or disagreed at the time, sure, knock yourself out, but you don't get to sit on the sidelines and then join a side when we're well into the race.

And while I was definitely premature on shortchanging the hype that would get built up, I was also correct that this movie would not be as good as Infinity War... it wasn't.
I ain't even.talking about passing Avatar you twit (not out of the realm of possibility though). Anyways, Avatar blows (my opinion) and Endgame not being as good as IW is YOUR opinion. Gonna see if we can maybe score some tix on Sunday matinee though not looking good right now here in MX :(

bigkingsfan
04-26-2019, 11:30 PM
I ain't even.talking about passing Avatar you twit (not out of the realm of possibility though). Anyways, Avatar blows (my opinion) and Endgame not being as good as IW is YOUR opinion. Gonna see if we can maybe score some tix on Sunday matinee though not looking good right now here in MX :(
Why the hell are you in a spoilers topic before watching it? I book my ticket for first showing Thursday to avoid it.

TheMan
04-27-2019, 12:08 AM
Why the hell are you in a spoilers topic before watching it? I book my ticket for first showing Thursday to avoid it.
I'm not reading any of the posts that mention stuff that happened in the movie :lol

MaxFly
04-27-2019, 12:20 AM

I enjoyed it about as much as Infinity War. It was different from Infinity War in that it was more plot/heist driven and served to pay homage to the last 11 years of films while wrapping up some key story lines. Those who have followed the cinematic universe over the course of the 3 phases should be quite satisfied. This is almost how this chapter of the Marvel universe had to end... and it was incredible.

Yes, you were quite premature on your shortchanging of the hype. The hype for this movie ramped up as it closed in on release... which generally happens with movies of this kind... wrapups. I attended a 2pm showing today and the theater was filled; people had taken the day from work to get tickets. We'll see how it does in the box office.

Doctor K
04-27-2019, 03:51 AM
Yes, you were quite premature on your shortchanging of the hype. The hype for this movie ramped up as it closed in on release... which generally happens with movies of this kind... wrapups. I attended a 2pm showing today and the theater was filled; people had taken the day from work to get tickets. We'll see how it does in the box office.

Same experience

Definitely gonna break the opening weekend box office record

Doctor K
04-27-2019, 03:54 AM
What a movie. No spoilers but just want to say watching this movie I experienced the best ~30-45 minutes of cinema ever. And that's saying a lot. I would say this movie had the best climax & finish of any movie I have ever seen. Simply amazing :applause:

Overall I did like Infinity War more, but Endgame was also superb. Together, I can confidently say Infinity War and Endgame are the 2 best movies I have ever seen

MaxFly
04-27-2019, 07:21 AM
Same experience

Definitely gonna break the opening weekend box office record

Perhaps. And and let me add this... Many of the others in the theater where I saw the movie at 2pm on a Friday weren't particularly serious fans. There were key scenes - Capt for example... you know which one I'm talking about - where I was like :banana: :rockon: :applause: :cheers: :bowdown: :no: but most others remained politely quiet like, "Oh, that's cool."

kennethgriffen
04-27-2019, 07:55 AM
just watched it... way better than i thought it would be

glad they killed off some people for good

Nanners
04-27-2019, 09:20 AM
Part 1 was better.

agree 100%. no doubt endgame was a decent movie but infinity was far better all things considered

Ben Simmons 25
04-27-2019, 09:20 AM
*SPOILERS*

As long as we're talking about spoilers... and as much as Marvel makes fun of other movies' explanations of time travel multiple times throughout this movie... there are multiple plot holes regarding time travel from what I can tell, but only one in particular really stands out to me as bothersome based on their logic of time travel... and that is...

Old Captain America's appearance at the end of the film doesn't make sense... and the reason it doesn't make sense is simple... Captain America never should have showed up back on the screen as an old man, right? Am I missing something? When Cap goes back to replant the stones and decides to stay back, he should be gone forever from the lives of the present day people, most notably the three that are there... Bucky, Hulk, & Falcon.

In order for him to show up on that screen, he has essentially changed the past of Bucky, Hulk, Falcon & everyone else that isn't in the scene. But that goes directly against everything that Marvel has taught us throughout the movie about their interpretation of time travel, no?

The only explanation as to how what they presented could ring true would be if this had all already happened, and Captain America was already a part of their past. But that seems to be indisputably false, because...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqDD2kEKHhY

In this scene, Peggy talks about having a husband that Captain had rescued and she looks very sad about Cap not being around... so... the problem with that becomes, she would have had to been acting sadness in silence (for nobody), and lying about having a husband that was someone other than Steve.

So... yeah.

Like so many movies before it, it failed with time travel and tripped over its own dick, which is rather disappointing considering how much they shit talked other explanations from other movies.

Anyways.

Ben Simmons 25
04-27-2019, 09:23 AM
agree 100%. no doubt endgame was a decent movie but infinity was far better all things considered

Infinity War was far better.

The biggest reasons that people are putting Endgame ahead of it are because... people are emotional creatures... and this movie is an emotional release and ultimate conclusion in a satisfactory way.

This all does come down to preference, so it's a bit disingenuous for me to use the word objectively... but... objectively speaking, IW was a better film in terms of pacing, dialogue, plot, the villain, all of it... Endgame just has the benefit of putting a cap on 10 years and wrapping it up for people to be happy with "good guys won."

Nanners
04-27-2019, 09:27 AM
Infinity War was far better.

The biggest reasons that people are putting Endgame ahead of it are because... people are emotional creatures... and this movie is an emotional release and ultimate conclusion in a satisfactory way.

This all does come down to preference, so it's a bit disingenuous for me to use the word objectively... but... objectively speaking, IW was a better film in terms of pacing, dialogue, plot, the villain, all of it... Endgame just has the benefit of putting a cap on 10 years and wrapping it up for people to be happy with "good guys won."

yeah... no doubt endgame was definitely the more "emotional" movie... but IW was "better" and its not even close IMO...

Ben Simmons 25
04-27-2019, 09:30 AM
Agreed.

Kblaze8855
04-27-2019, 11:09 AM
Spoilers...........

Anyone else annoyed the fat kid from Spider-Man was still in high school after 5 years?

Why the hell is he not 20+? I must have missed something. That

Ben Simmons 25
04-27-2019, 11:28 AM
I just assumed fatty got snapped away and now he’s back.

Kblaze8855
04-27-2019, 11:36 AM
I

Kblaze8855
04-27-2019, 11:40 AM
Shady McCoy spoiled the movie for thousands of people on Twitter.

Ben Simmons 25
04-27-2019, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]I

MaxFly
04-27-2019, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I assume he got snapped as well. He doesn't look like he has aged at all. The greeting can be construed as "man finally getting back to some normalcy... though half our class graduated already."

Kblaze8855
04-27-2019, 12:16 PM
That

CelticBaller
04-27-2019, 12:35 PM
Days later and I

ballinhun8
04-27-2019, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]That

sammichoffate
04-27-2019, 01:07 PM
I think we'll get some clarification on this in Far From Home.

Speaking of Far From Home, I think that movie is gonna have to be crucial to see if the MCU can survive without the OGs because the reason people were so damn emotional for Endgame is this was it for the guys/girl we saw grow over 10+ years. There's no coming back for them except maybe one Lebowski.

But onto the movie, it was great. Perfect send off. Perfect battle. There's no way Marvel can ever top this. Even with the Fox characters it just will not be the same. The movie is different than IW and we have to see it as such. IW had better action, better pace, obviously better villain. Endgame was a crazy heist, time traveling affair that was funnier than most people expected and surprisingly didn't force new/newer characters down our throats. It let the guys who have been there since Day 1 take control and did fan service superbly.

I'm gonna try to see it again this weekend but everything around me is sold out except for Sunday night which of course is the biggest battle filmed in cinematic history so I can't miss that.

I really really hope this movie can surpass that trash ass film Avatar because we need something actually worthy being in that top spot.I'm glad Captain Marvel got like 10 mins of screen time, altho i'm a little annoyed she went toe-to-toe w/ Thanos compared to Thor who got heavy nerfed. I've seen ppl complain about the lack of Hulk fights as well.

Ben Simmons 25
04-27-2019, 03:05 PM
Days later and I’m still crying like a bitch

Yeah if I dwell on it too much I'm right there with you. I was way more attached to Tony than I ever thought, even after tearing up during Infinity War when he almost bit.

MaxFly
04-27-2019, 03:08 PM
I'm glad Captain Marvel got like 10 mins of screen time, altho i'm a little annoyed she went toe-to-toe w/ Thanos compared to Thor who got heavy nerfed. I've seen ppl complain about the lack of Hulk fights as well.

I was not pleased with the lack of a hulk fight. I wanted a rematch between him and Thanos where a smarter, better prepared Hulk gets an opportunity to redeem himself.

Jameerthefear
04-27-2019, 03:19 PM
I'm glad Captain Marvel got like 10 mins of screen time, altho i'm a little annoyed she went toe-to-toe w/ Thanos compared to Thor who got heavy nerfed. I've seen ppl complain about the lack of Hulk fights as well.
I think it's fair that Thor got his ass kicked. He was way out of his prime and hadn't fought in like 5 years plus he was fat while CM had been exploring space fighting baddies all the time.

sammichoffate
04-27-2019, 03:22 PM
I was not pleased with the lack of a hulk fight. I wanted a rematch between him and Thanos where a smarter, better prepared Hulk gets an opportunity to redeem himself.Professor Hulk is weaker than regular Hulk in the comics, that's the trade off for having Banner's intelligence. I don't think they're gonna try to push him into World Breaker Hulk at this point.

sammichoffate
04-27-2019, 03:24 PM
I think it's fair that Thor got his ass kicked. He was way out of his prime and hadn't fought in like 5 years plus he was fat while CM had been exploring space fighting baddies all the time.I'm fine with Thor getting nerfed a little, but Captain Marvel should be as strong as Iron Man with Bleeding Edge Armor. They made it seem like she was the strongest Avenger when she's mid-tier.

Jameerthefear
04-27-2019, 03:27 PM
I'm fine with Thor getting nerfed a little, but Captain Marvel should be as strong as Iron Man with Bleeding Edge Armor. They made it seem like she was the strongest Avenger when she's mid-tier.
Because in the MCU, she is:
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/kevin-feige-says-captain-marvel-will-be-stronger-than-even-thanos/

Jameerthefear
04-27-2019, 03:28 PM
CM is boring as shit though and Brie Larson is a terrible actor. I won't be watching any Captain Marvel stuff tbh.

Facepalm
04-27-2019, 03:35 PM
*SPOILERS*

As long as we're talking about spoilers... and as much as Marvel makes fun of other movies' explanations of time travel multiple times throughout this movie... there are multiple plot holes regarding time travel from what I can tell, but only one in particular really stands out to me as bothersome based on their logic of time travel... and that is...

Old Captain America's appearance at the end of the film doesn't make sense... and the reason it doesn't make sense is simple... Captain America never should have showed up back on the screen as an old man, right? Am I missing something? When Cap goes back to replant the stones and decides to stay back, he should be gone forever from the lives of the present day people, most notably the three that are there... Bucky, Hulk, & Falcon.

In order for him to show up on that screen, he has essentially changed the past of Bucky, Hulk, Falcon & everyone else that isn't in the scene. But that goes directly against everything that Marvel has taught us throughout the movie about their interpretation of time travel, no?

The only explanation as to how what they presented could ring true would be if this had all already happened, and Captain America was already a part of their past. But that seems to be indisputably false, because...

In this scene, Peggy talks about having a husband that Captain had rescued and she looks very sad about Cap not being around... so... the problem with that becomes, she would have had to been acting sadness in silence (for nobody), and lying about having a husband that was someone other than Steve.

So... yeah.

Like so many movies before it, it failed with time travel and tripped over its own dick, which is rather disappointing considering how much they shit talked other explanations from other movies.

Anyways.
In the Marvel universe any major changes made to the timeline results in an alternate timeline (Age of Apocalypse, Days of Futures Past, Old Man Logan, Hulk: Future Imperfect etc). So somewhere out there, Rogers is still dead and the Snap remains.

So in this movie's timeline old Rogers and young Rogers both exist at the same time

Ben Simmons 25
04-27-2019, 03:40 PM
In the Marvel universe any major changes made to the timeline results in an alternate timeline (Age of Apocalypse, Days of Futures Past, etc). So somewhere out there, Rogers is still dead and the Snap remains.

So in this movie's timeline old Rogers and young Rogers both exist at the same time

I'm talking about how the movie explained how time travel works.

Once Steve went back in time, he should have been part of a new timeline for himself and everyone else... he shouldn't have showed back up as an old man at the end of the movie after having just went back in time.

For him to show back up means one of two things... they were either in a timeline all along in which Steve had already went back OR he changed their past (which is not how time travel works according to the MCU).

You can make the argument that we've always been in the timeline in which cap goes back and stays back since Iron Man 1, but it would be an extreme stretch that I could pick apart, character wise.

It's a gigantic plot hole unless someone can definitively explain why I'm wrong.

sammichoffate
04-27-2019, 03:41 PM
Because in the MCU, she is:
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/kevin-feige-says-captain-marvel-will-be-stronger-than-even-thanos/Except she's not if you read the comics. I posted a video earlier in the thread she got curb stomped by Thanos while Thor went even with him. They're not being faithful to the source material for her which is one of the reasons why people don't like her.

Ben Simmons 25
04-27-2019, 03:42 PM
Except she's not if you read the comics. I posted a video earlier in the thread she got curb stomped by Thanos while Thor went even with him. They're not being faithful to the source material for her which is one of the reason people don't like her.

People don't like her because she's a ****.

The MCU has not been 100% faithful to the source material since the very first film, so that's not the reason people don't like her.

Jameerthefear
04-27-2019, 03:47 PM
Except she's not if you read the comics. I posted a video earlier in the thread she got curb stomped by Thanos while Thor went even with him. They're not being faithful to the source material for her which is one of the reasons why people don't like her.
I know what happened in the comics. The comics and MCU are two completely different things with different stories and power levels.

sammichoffate
04-27-2019, 03:49 PM
People don't like her because she's a ****.

The MCU has not been 100% faithful to the source material since the very first film, so that's not the reason people don't like her.That's another reason lol.

People for the most part aren't complaining about power levels for other characters except for maybe the Hulk though, that's the main difference. When her whole appeal is based on how strong she is, a good amount of the fanbase won't like it if she's not somewhat accurate to the source material. I said it's one of the reasons.

sammichoffate
04-27-2019, 03:53 PM
I know what happened in the comics. The comics and MCU are two completely different things with different stories and power levels.That's fine, i'm just saying why people are annoyed with her. She got shoehorned in as someone who's going to carry the franchise after this arc ends, it doesn't feel deserved.

sammichoffate
04-27-2019, 04:09 PM

And while I was definitely premature on shortchanging the hype that would get built up, I was also correct that this movie would not be as good as Infinity War... it wasn't.https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/27/media/avengers-endgame-box-office-global-record/index.html
https://media.giphy.com/media/11UkeLZyw66u9G/giphy.gif

highwhey
04-27-2019, 05:45 PM
it's crazy to me bc they've done so well with casting up to now. thor - perfect actor for the role. stark - same, probably my favorite.

but then you look at captain marvel...my goodness, what a shame. :facepalm

CelticBaller
04-27-2019, 05:50 PM
it's crazy to me bc they've done so well with casting up to now. thor - perfect actor for the role. stark - same, probably my favorite.

but then you look at captain marvel...my goodness, what a shame. :facepalm
her haircut tho

I just wanted to fck the shit out of her

im a pig

Ben Simmons 25
04-27-2019, 05:51 PM
her haircut tho

im a pig

Pixie cuts are disgusting. I hate that shit.

I would rather date a woman that shaves her head like Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta than a pixie cut. Absolutely disgusting.

CelticBaller
04-27-2019, 05:51 PM
Pixie cuts are disgusting. I hate that shit.

I would rather date a woman that shaves her head like Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta than a pixie cut. Absolutely disgusting.
i am a pig

Meticode
04-27-2019, 05:59 PM
Except she's not if you read the comics. I posted a video earlier in the thread she got curb stomped by Thanos while Thor went even with him. They're not being faithful to the source material for her which is one of the reasons why people don't like her.
You shouldn't take the comics word for and word and be expecting that in the movies. These movies aren't "based" off the comics, but more "inspired" by them.

The Russo's changed story arcs and certain details. It leaves with you with surprises.

I'm glad they made changes. They did an awesome job wrapping up this 22 movie franchise. Sure, they had some misses, but they had some major hits. And the MCU will net in $20-$21 BILLION dollars total in box office sales in 11 years. And on top of that they will have two movies in the Top 4 all-time in gross. Endgame has a good chance to fall somewhere between Titanic and Avatar.

highwhey
04-27-2019, 06:04 PM
her haircut tho

im a pig
no doubt, i would fvck her brains out too, but she seems like she's on her period 24/7.

Kblaze8855
04-27-2019, 06:50 PM
But onto the movie, it was great. Perfect send off. Perfect battle. There's no way Marvel can ever top this. Even with the Fox characters it just will not be the same.

I don

Ben Simmons 25
04-27-2019, 06:55 PM
I don’t know. There is so much room for big stories they couldn’t properly tell without all their characters.

The secret invasion, Spider-Man beyonder wars, cosmic things with galactic and the surfer. Hulk and the fantastic four make an obvious match. Hulk and the Thing have beef and banner and Richards team up to solve scientific issues. The X-men could use Wanda for the decimation storyline. Lot of ways to go.

We'll see, but I think the MCU doesn't even realize just how important RDJ / Iron Man was... I mean, clearly he was making by far the most money and they gave him a huge sendoff, but nevertheless... I'm not entirely sure that he wasn't an extremely disproportionate amount of the franchise in terms of collaboration movies.

I like the other characters, don't get me wrong... but RDJ was just... different. He was it. I literally am ready to cry again while thinking about him saying "I am Iron Man"... I don't give a shit about Chris Evans as Cap or anyone else tbh. Spider-Man is my favorite character but RDJ had really hammered home an attachment to the character for me that I'm not even sure I realized I had.

sammichoffate
04-27-2019, 07:48 PM
You shouldn't take the comics word for and word and be expecting that in the movies. These movies aren't "based" off the comics, but more "inspired" by them.

The Russo's changed story arcs and certain details. It leaves with you with surprises.

I'm glad they made changes. They did an awesome job wrapping up this 22 movie franchise. Sure, they had some misses, but they had some major hits. And the MCU will net in $20-$21 BILLION dollars total in box office sales in 11 years. And on top of that they will have two movies in the Top 4 all-time in gross. Endgame has a good chance to fall somewhere between Titanic and Avatar.The Russos do a good job w/ it, other movies not so much:
https://i.redd.it/nbog1z93ikn21.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/3FBwwRCNTSa52/giphy.gif

Kblaze8855
04-27-2019, 07:51 PM
I’m sure they realize he was the key.... but they also realize that they made 3 billion dollar franchises he didn’t appear in and most people never heard of Marvel, Black panther, or the guardians before that.

Once I saw them nail the guardians and create new stars so easily I stopped questioning.

Getting back the X-men, fantastic four, and guys like Deadpool in a world that allows them to also use the wacky cosmic universe?

The X-men alone have 10 potential breakout stars in their history if cast well. And it’s already tied in. Black panther is Storm from the X-men’s husband....Wolverine was originally a Hulk villain and he knew Cap and Bucky in ww2.

It opens up use of the Illuminati which are Professor X, reed richards, The panther, dr strange and I think black bolt tony and Namor.

Let the old savage hulk come back out in a fantastic 4 crossover and give them an excuse to try to stop him causing a new twist of the world war hulk story....

X-men vs avengers has to happen. Magneto is an avengers enemy too. Spider-Man and wolverine fight many times in the comics. Apocalypse has huge crossover events.

Lot of massive money making stories to tell.

Ben Simmons 25
04-27-2019, 07:53 PM
Oh I'm sure they're going to continue making massive amounts of money, but I do believe they've peaked in terms of storytelling and acting and it's all down from here, if only gradually.

Dr. Strange is the only character I didn't know before all of these movies that I've actually grown to like. I want to see his sequel.

highwhey
04-27-2019, 08:07 PM
that final battle btw, total copy of battle of the bastards.

leader of army looks defeated. then, suddenly, a backup army arrives to save him. might as well been jon snow.

Ben Simmons 25
04-27-2019, 08:15 PM
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/english/hollywood/news/chinese-woman-hospitalised-after-being-unable-to-stop-crying-while-watching-avengers-endgame/articleshow/69069948.cms

[QUOTE]Chinese woman hospitalised after being unable to stop crying while watching

sammichoffate
04-27-2019, 08:15 PM
Oh I'm sure they're going to continue making massive amounts of money, but I do believe they've peaked in terms of storytelling and acting and it's all down from here, if only gradually.

Dr. Strange is the only character I didn't know before all of these movies that I've actually grown to like. I want to see his sequel.OG Dr. Strange was stronger than Thanos/ Infinity Gauntlet, they nerfed him heavily over the years lol.

Kblaze8855
04-27-2019, 08:18 PM
Stories won

sammichoffate
04-27-2019, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]Stories won

Smook A.
04-28-2019, 06:14 AM
I've seen a lot of great movies in my life like Shawshank Redemption, Godfather I & II, The Dark Knight, Pulp Fiction, etc etc

This was one of the best movies I've seen in my life. The 11 year build up, and the ending were everything. Absolutely perfect movie

Meticode
04-28-2019, 08:35 AM
I was hoping the Russo's did what they did, which was to have Tony sacrifice himself. I felt like since Infinity War it would've been the most emotional. I keep going back to the original Iron Man. Yinsen basically dying in Tony's arms telling him don't waste his life. And also him and Pepper arguing, and the crucial moment and one of the few times in the whole MCU he's super serious and tells her that he knows in his heart this is right and it's something he needs to do. That he wouldn't be alive unless it was for a reason.

I teared up slightly on when his arc reactor light went out and also when Pepper put the arrangement on the water with the original reactor she saved showing "Proof That That Tony Start Has a Heart" The panning shot of everyone paying their respects to the man that started the whole MCU was awesome. A hand clapping moment.

The weakest part of the movie to me is at the end with Cap. It was so out of character for Cap to do what he did staying back in time with Peggy. The way it happened it totally goes against the rules Hulk mentioned of time travel. Also the fact that if Cap stayed back, all those bad things he encountered in his life would've happened. So he's going to live with Peggy and be happy with her while he knows Hydra is chugging along? Bucky is part of Hydra, etc, etc? That seemed like a really big plot hole to me. Then the fact that when he came back he was just sitting near the lake. As if he lived his life and he knew to be waiting there at the moment. Also when the Hulk and The Ancient One made a deal about putting the stones back in their original place. All the stones came from shells. So how the hell did did Cap return them? Did he go back to Asgard and put the Aether back into Jane Foster? Did he somehow put the Space Stone back into the Tesseract cube? Or the Mind Stone back into the Scepter?

I don't know, I felt like the could've done that part differently where it wouldn't of been a huge plot hole.

Looks like they'll incorporate Gamora back into the Guardians of the Galaxy, but slowly. Also looks like Chris Hemsworth isn't done playing Thor just yet.

JEFFERSON MONEY
04-28-2019, 08:47 AM
http://www.thestrategist.media/photo/art/grande/7870525-12218464.jpg?v=1433435262

https://manipalhospitals.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/shutterstock_69806461.jpg

Forget these silly worthless pasttimes.

They have no benefit for you but a few laughs and then it's over.

Spend on the needy and you will feel much more satisfaction.

coin24
04-28-2019, 09:10 AM
Great movie and perfect ending after all the build up..

The only negative parts were any scene with captain feminism, it's like they just pasted her in, didn't fit at all. Attrocious femnazi haircut:oldlol:
The cringe girl power scene, " she's got help", and lastly the fact that they turned the hulk into a soyboy..:facepalm

Meticode
04-28-2019, 09:17 AM
Great movie and perfect ending after all the build up..

The only negative parts were any scene with captain feminism, it's like they just pasted her in, didn't fit at all. Attrocious femnazi haircut:oldlol:
The cringe girl power scene, " she's got help", and lastly the fact that they turned the hulk into a soyboy..:facepalm
The way they did Professor Hulk didn't bother me, but the almost none-existent action sequence he's not in does. Would've loved for him to at least had a shot at Thanos. Similar to when Cap controls Mjolnir and goes toe-to-toe with Thanos. Cap carrying Mjolnir and the shield at the same time was pretty bad ass. Thor using Stormbreaker and Mjolnir at the same time was bad ass.

coin24
04-28-2019, 09:22 AM
The way they did Professor Hulk didn't bother me, but the almost none-existent action sequence he's not in does. Would've loved for him to at least had a shot at Thanos. Similar to when Cap controls Mjolnir and goes toe-to-toe with Thanos. Cap carrying Mjolnir and the shield at the same time was pretty bad ass. Thor using Stormbreaker and Mjolnir at the same time was bad ass.

After the hulks piss poor performance in infinity war I wanted to see him unleashed in end game. Unfortunately they cucked him badly:facepalm

Especially that smash stuff scene when they were retrieving the stones.. just woeful :facepalm

Meticode
04-28-2019, 09:51 AM
After the hulks piss poor performance in infinity war I wanted to see him unleashed in end game. Unfortunately they cucked him badly:facepalm

Especially that smash stuff scene when they were retrieving the stones.. just woeful :facepalm
I definitely agree, but overall I think they did a great job. I remember when I first heard of the Russo's idea to make the MCU. I never thought it would work. Way too many characters for one film, but they pull it off the best they can and it worked.

Obviously there are plot holes and let downs, but the bad makes you appreciate the good so much better. Tony coming full circle and laying down on the wire, the funeral and panning shot of those paying respects, and the Avengers Assemble scene gave me goosebumps and chills because that's what is what his all led up to.

Ben Simmons 25
04-28-2019, 09:58 AM

Hey... you stupid jackass lacking any introspection hypocritical goat ****er...

What do you think you do online all the time and posting here? You’re spending money and time to no benefit to yourself other than it being a silly past time.

You know... I don’t wish harm on anyone but you are the one poster on this entire site I would enjoy beating the everloving piss out of with my bare knuckles.

You are legitimately retarded, Nastywin.

Kblaze8855
04-28-2019, 10:01 AM
Tony has been trying to die for the case for 4 movies now. Every avengers movie he does it. In the first one he flew the nuke to space expecting to die. Second one he was trying to get the Ultron island thing high enough to blow it up with them on it so it couldnt land and wipe out the earth. Third one he flew up to the ship expecting not to come back and told Spiderman it was a one way trip.

Hes been doing his best to die since the jump. He stopped being selfish in like...the second iron man movie.

Meticode
04-28-2019, 10:05 AM
Tony has been trying to die for the case for 4 movies now. Every avengers movie he does it. In the first one he flew the nuke to space expecting to die. Second one he was trying to get the Ultron island thing high enough to blow it up with them on it so it couldnt land and wipe out the earth. Third one he flew up to the ship expecting not to come back and told Spiderman it was a one way trip.

Hes been doing his best to die since the jump. He stopped being selfish in like...the second iron man movie.
Correct, there's one problem with all of those. He never came full circle in any of those instances...because he never actually died until now. The dying part is the important part for the character that makes it come full circle.

Ron Jeremy
04-28-2019, 12:05 PM
1) how did thanos's whole army come through the time portal? It was established that you needed 3 things.
A) time suits
B)time gps
C) pem? Particles
None of which they used/ had.

2) How the fk did Bad Nebula connect with good Nebulas neural network?
They were long distances apart maybe light years from each other ruling out any weird automatic cloud server upload sht. And if it were a cloud, they wouldn't have to hook up Bad nebula directly to access the information as they would have it on hand.

Facepalm
04-28-2019, 01:33 PM
http://www.thestrategist.media/photo/art/grande/7870525-12218464.jpg?v=1433435262

https://manipalhospitals.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/shutterstock_69806461.jpg

You spend every day on ISH....

Derka
04-28-2019, 05:50 PM
I remember seeing Nick Fury at the end of Iron Man and thinking

MaxFly
04-28-2019, 06:49 PM

Dr. Strange is the only character I didn't know before all of these movies that I've actually grown to like. I want to see his sequel.

Might it not be wise to hold back on predictions given how your latest one has panned out? Why don't we wait to see what the plans are and which direction the studio takes. :confusedshrug:

MaxFly
04-28-2019, 06:53 PM
They were long distances apart maybe light years from each other ruling out any weird automatic cloud server upload sht. And if it were a cloud, they wouldn't have to hook up Bad nebula directly to access the information as they would have it on hand.

I'm willing to bet that the answer they provide has to do with quantum entanglement somehow.

Doctor K
04-28-2019, 06:56 PM
1) how did thanos's whole army come through the time portal? It was established that you needed 3 things.
A) time suits
B)time gps
C) pem? Particles
None of which they used/ had.

1) They all came from the ship. That ship was extremely large. And yes large objects look small when they are at distance so don't be confused by that. That ship was large enough to hold everyone and all those filthy animals weren't flying 1st class either they were crammed up.

2) Um you are talking about alien technology here lol. I don't think there are concepts like "clouds" or "servers". We are dealing with technologies that don't exist here.

Doctor K
04-28-2019, 06:58 PM

So he's an idiot.

Kblaze8855
04-28-2019, 06:59 PM
They are probably like two modems with the same IP/info on one network. Obviously their version of the internet/long range connections is faster than light because you see them talk on video chat from many light years away. Shes probably always on their intergalactic "cloud" and two of them started sharing one connection.

egokiller
04-28-2019, 07:42 PM
So some guy up front starts yelling and clapping when Black
Panther shows up at the end and someone else yells

imdaman99
04-29-2019, 01:33 AM
I loved it. The only disappointing thing was Thanos in this one was VERY inferior to the one in IW. And even with that they almost couldn't get to him. I thought Scarlet Witch about to WRECK him was surprising, she really might be one of the strongest characters, especially when she's pissed.

Thor was weak, Hulk was weak. Cap with the hammer was badass. I wasn't bothered by the women brigade at the end, who cares, throw the feminists a bone every now and then. Totally not a big deal. Tony dying, it was sad but it was the only chance out of billion other outcomes so it is what it is. It had to be him or cap since they are the leaders.

I had just as good a time watching this as IW. I think watching it in 4dx is worth it, especially since it was a free ticket :lol

Bawkish
04-29-2019, 03:28 AM
The weakest part of the movie to me is at the end with Cap. It was so out of character for Cap to do what he did staying back in time with Peggy. The way it happened it totally goes against the rules Hulk mentioned of time travel. Also the fact that if Cap stayed back, all those bad things he encountered in his life would've happened. So he's going to live with Peggy and be happy with her while he knows Hydra is chugging along? Bucky is part of Hydra, etc, etc? That seemed like a really big plot hole to me. Then the fact that when he came back he was just sitting near the lake. As if he lived his life and he knew to be waiting there at the moment. Also when the Hulk and The Ancient One made a deal about putting the stones back in their original place. All the stones came from shells. So how the hell did did Cap return them? Did he go back to Asgard and put the Aether back into Jane Foster? Did he somehow put the Space Stone back into the Tesseract cube? Or the Mind Stone back into the Scepter?

From what i understand about the Old Man Steve is that there's now 2 Steve Rogers living in original timeline. The OG Cap goes on with what transpired in Cap 1, Winter Soldier, etc while this time traveller Steve went to finally meet Peggy and lived an anonymous life.

But yeah the way he brings back those stones is really confusing. Especially the Soul Stone. Basically, no one really "owns" the Soul Stone. No way he would just hand it over to Red Skull. My theory is he kept it, being it was Natasha's sacrifice that created it

TheMan
04-29-2019, 11:35 AM
I remember seeing Nick Fury at the end of Iron Man and thinking “Avengers huh? Interesting.” Would never have expected that it would get this far and be this much fun. The payoff was totally worth it. Those portals started opening and 11 years’ worth of characters started popping in right where they were supposed to be and it was all I could do to not regress to the 15-year old kid they called a nerd in high school for liking Marvel/DC comics and scream “YES!” right out loud.

Kudos to Feige, the Russo brothers and the actors for doing this so right.
Oh yeah, I got legit goosebumps when Black Panther and Falcon showed up...the audience here went nuts when Dr Strange opened all the portals so the good guys can come through them, lol. The look on Thanos face when Cap Marvel destroyed his ship was epic, dude knew he was gonna get smoked.

TheMan
04-29-2019, 12:14 PM
I wanted to add another thing, still find it hard to believe just how popular these Marvel characters have become over the last decade. People I know who previously would not recognize any Marvel characters except for obvious ones like the Hulk and Spiderman now know second and third tier characters like Dr Strange and Scarlet Witch :eek:

I'm well into my 40s now, I grew up a huge Marvel comics book fan, recently found a pic of me as a nerdy little kid wearing an old school Captain America shirt in the early 80s :lol Those of you old enough will remember that being a comic book fan was definitely not cool back then. Today it seems almost as if everyone digs them now...I liked some DC characters too, especially the campy late 60s Batman show and the Superman movies but Marvel was my shit and it frustrated me that Marvel couldn't do a cool comic book movie back then like DC did with the first Christopher Reeves Superman and later the Tim Burton Batman movies (the first two, the later ones were junk). Back in the day, Captain America and Spiderman were bad made for TV movies, full of cringe. The Bill Bixby (RIP) Hulk tv show was cool as a little kid but when I see it now, it hasn't exactly aged well.

Still amazed at how well Marvel Studios have done with these movies, now my kids get to enjoy them like I did as a kid. My ultimate fave Marvel comic books were the X-Men later into my teen years, I hope Marvel Studios get the rights to that franchise so they can do to the X-Men what they did with the Avengers, though I did enjoy the first couple of X-Men movies and Logan but they've been hit or miss too often.

Anyways, really enjoyed Avengers Endgame, some obvious plot holes like the last old man Steve Rogers scene but overall, really entertaining movie though I wonder how the Black Widow movie slated for next year will go now that she's dead...

I really hope Endgame surpasses Avatar, that movie sucked ass, basically Dances with Wolves in space.

DCL
04-29-2019, 02:14 PM
6/10

won't rewatch.

in comparison, i really enjoyed infinity wars. i gladly gave them my money to watch that over and over.

but shit, i actually contemplated taking a nap half-way through endgame.

Meticode
04-29-2019, 02:25 PM
From what i understand about the Old Man Steve is that there's now 2 Steve Rogers living in original timeline. The OG Cap goes on with what transpired in Cap 1, Winter Soldier, etc while this time traveller Steve went to finally meet Peggy and lived an anonymous life.

But yeah the way he brings back those stones is really confusing. Especially the Soul Stone. Basically, no one really "owns" the Soul Stone. No way he would just hand it over to Red Skull. My theory is he kept it, being it was Natasha's sacrifice that created it
Yea, I didn't like the two Steve thing. What did Peggy do? Did time traveling Cap go up and be like "Hey, I'm from the future, the Cap asleep in the ice isn't me..."

But the thing is according to Hulk's rules Old Cap shouldn't of been sitting on that bench because him going back in time with Peggy would make another alternate timeline.

Don't get me wrong, the movie was great. The only things I didn't like about it was there was not Professor Hulk fight. I would've loved at least a 15-30 second toe-to-toe with Thanos for him. And the ending for Cap. I thought they could've closed the Cap chapter a little better. Him going back to be with Peggy was fine for me, but it was just the fact that they broke their own time traveling rules.

The first two hours for me went by pretty decently and honestly it didn't feel like a 3 hour film. Tony dying the way he died was awesome. And you could do nothing but clap your hands and nod your head in agreement with the Avengers Assemble scene and The Funeral. Goosebumps from both of those scenes.

Meticode
04-29-2019, 02:30 PM
I wanted to add another thing, still find it hard to believe just how popular these Marvel characters have become over the last decade. People I know who previously would not recognize any Marvel characters except for obvious ones like the Hulk and Spiderman now know second and third tier characters like Dr Strange and Scarlet Witch :eek:

I'm well into my 40s now, I grew up a huge Marvel comics book fan, recently found a pic of me as a nerdy little kid wearing an old school Captain America shirt in the early 80s :lol Those of you old enough will remember that being a comic book fan was definitely not cool back then. Today it seems almost as if everyone digs them now...I liked some DC characters too, especially the campy late 60s Batman show and the Superman movies but Marvel was my shit and it frustrated me that Marvel couldn't do a cool comic book movie back then like DC did with the first Christopher Reeves Superman and later the Tim Burton Batman movies (the first two, the later ones were junk). Back in the day, Captain America and Spiderman were bad made for TV movies, full of cringe. The Bill Bixby (RIP) Hulk tv show was cool as a little kid but when I see it now, it hasn't exactly aged well.

Still amazed at how well Marvel Studios have done with these movies, now my kids get to enjoy them like I did as a kid. My ultimate fave Marvel comic books were the X-Men later into my teen years, I hope Marvel Studios get the rights to that franchise so they can do to the X-Men what they did with the Avengers, though I did enjoy the first couple of X-Men movies and Logan but they've been hit or miss too often.

Anyways, really enjoyed Avengers Endgame, some obvious plot holes like the last old man Steve Rogers scene but overall, really entertaining movie though I wonder how the Black Widow movie slated for next year will go now that she's dead...

I really hope Endgame surpasses Avatar, that movie sucked ass, basically Dances with Wolves in space.
Couple things I wanted to reply to.

I almost guarantee Black Widow will be about her time before Iron Man 2 (her first appearance). If you re-watch all the movies she eludes to her past a lot. Russia, first run in with Hawkeye, and she even had a run in with The Winter Soldier. I suspect it'll just be a standalone prequel. I don't know if Scarlett Johannson is contracted to do more movies than that.

With the Avengers Assemble scene one thing I really liked about it besides the whole hero shot was right before that. Cap tightens that ****ing shield up and without flinching stands up with the odds against him and will not let his will be broken. The strength of Cap has always been his unbreakable will. And I'm glad in that 10-15 seconds they gave tribute to that.

Meticode
04-29-2019, 02:36 PM
A) time suits
B)time gps
C) pem? Particles

First, they had the particles. Bad Nebula was able to locate Good Nebula's particles behind a panel in her skull. She gave those particles to Thanos. I assume Thanos' technology is way more advanced than what they had on Earth. Their ships travel faster than light. So my assumption is him getting the vial of particles from bad Nebula was the thing that allowed him to go through the portal when it was opened. Him figuring out how to make it work isn't a big hole for me. It's plausible.

Smook A.
04-29-2019, 03:42 PM
As I already mentioned before, I really enjoyed the movie. One of the best I've ever seen actually.

Thinking back though, the part that didn't make any sense was when Peter returned to high school at the end and saw his friend. How is he still in high school after 5 years? :oldlol: I hope they go over that in the new Spiderman movie

Derka
04-29-2019, 04:33 PM
I guess I'm not quite so thrown by Steve and Peggy settling down together.

Everything that happens during Act 2 of Endgame IS the main MCU timeline; we just don't see that stuff happening while we're taking in those movies for the first time. The way they've set this up is that, just as an example, Rocket and Fat Thor stealing the Aether from Jane's body and then Steve putting it back after Endgame *is* the canon. We didn't see that actually happen during The Dark World films just like we don't see Hulk on the roof bargaining with the Ancient One while the Battle of NY is going on in Avengers 1, but that is what happened.

I think its entirely likely that the old senile Peggy we see in Winter Soldier has spent her life with Steve. She's a freaking SHIELD OG and a badass spy; she knows the score. With what she deals with fighting HYDRA in WW2, time travel in the future probably isn't something terribly surprising to her. Steve can fill in the blanks with "Look...bad stuff is going to happen and if we're going to be together, we have to let it happen. At the end of the day, the good guys are going to win. I can't tell you how or when but it's going to happen so just keep doing your SHIELD thing because in the end your work will matter more than anything." She's smart enough to buy it and happy enough to have the chance to have him back that she'll play along when she's old and dying and here's Young Steve visiting her at the nursing home.

If the timeline is going to get wonky anywhere, it would involve the TV show they gave Peggy. Steve going back probably retcons everything that happens there, which is fine because Marvel gives less than a shit about those TV shows anyway. They cancelled Agent Carter right around the time they were finishing up the scripts for IW and Endgame and started shooting them less than a year later.

MaxFly
04-29-2019, 04:45 PM
I loved it. The only disappointing thing was Thanos in this one was VERY inferior to the one in IW.

It wasn't that Thanos was inferior. It's that he was forced to match up against stronger, angrier characters this time, without the infinity stones. Out of shape Thor, Captain Marvel, freaking Mjolnir wielding Captain America in all his awesomeness.

Derka
04-29-2019, 05:26 PM
As I already mentioned before, I really enjoyed the movie. One of the best I've ever seen actually.

Thinking back though, the part that didn't make any sense was when Peter returned to high school at the end and saw his friend. How is he still in high school after 5 years? :oldlol: I hope they go over that in the new Spiderman movie
I feel like I read somewhere from an interview with the Russo

Meticode
04-29-2019, 07:46 PM

They never show you if Ned lived or died in the Snap. My assumption is if he's still in high school when Peter gets back 5 years later, then Ned was also part of the Snap.

Meticode
04-29-2019, 07:51 PM
It wasn't that Thanos was inferior. It's that he was forced to match up against stronger, angrier characters this time, without the infinity stones. Out of shape Thor, Captain Marvel, freaking Mjolnir wielding Captain America in all his awesomeness.
He wasn't inferior at all. He would've won if Tony didn't sneak the stones away from him. He held his own against all the Avengers except Scarlett Witch.

Without the stones Wanda or Marvel could've defeated him. He had to call in an air strike to get Wanda off of him, and he had to use the Power Stone to get Marvel off of him. He head butted her ass and she didn't budge.

Best part of that whole battle was Cap wielding Mjolnir against Thanos hands down.

When the Avengers went up against him in Infinity War he had always at least two stones (minus Thor in the begining he had one).

Ben Simmons 25
04-29-2019, 07:57 PM
I guess I'm not quite so thrown by Steve and Peggy settling down together.

Everything that happens during Act 2 of Endgame IS the main MCU timeline; we just don't see that stuff happening while we're taking in those movies for the first time. The way they've set this up is that, just as an example, Rocket and Fat Thor stealing the Aether from Jane's body and then Steve putting it back after Endgame *is* the canon. We didn't see that actually happen during The Dark World films just like we don't see Hulk on the roof bargaining with the Ancient One while the Battle of NY is going on in Avengers 1, but that is what happened.

I think its entirely likely that the old senile Peggy we see in Winter Soldier has spent her life with Steve. She's a freaking SHIELD OG and a badass spy; she knows the score. With what she deals with fighting HYDRA in WW2, time travel in the future probably isn't something terribly surprising to her. Steve can fill in the blanks with "Look...bad stuff is going to happen and if we're going to be together, we have to let it happen. At the end of the day, the good guys are going to win. I can't tell you how or when but it's going to happen so just keep doing your SHIELD thing because in the end your work will matter more than anything." She's smart enough to buy it and happy enough to have the chance to have him back that she'll play along when she's old and dying and here's Young Steve visiting her at the nursing home.

If the timeline is going to get wonky anywhere, it would involve the TV show they gave Peggy. Steve going back probably retcons everything that happens there, which is fine because Marvel gives less than a shit about those TV shows anyway. They cancelled Agent Carter right around the time they were finishing up the scripts for IW and Endgame and started shooting them less than a year later.

Nah. Go look at the scene of her in the winter soldier... before the bed scene... the one with her interviewing on camera referencing her talking about her husband and how was Steve was changing her life even after he died... she looks way too sad for Steve to be still around. Even if she was secretly married to him, she didn't have to act that sad for the cameras. She looked visibly uncomfortably sad... as if she was hiding the fact that she loved him more than she loved her husband.

It's a plot hole. Plain and simple. No need to over-analyze this.

SpaceJam2
04-29-2019, 10:46 PM
Spoilers

below

And...

GO

Scarlet Witch was super strong, the only one that seemed to go toe-to-toe with Thanos (aside from Captain Marvel). Was she always that strong?

Why is Captain America a black guy now?

Where tf is Hulk and fight scenes. Him not in fight scenes got me like :mad:

What was everyone's favorite part? I loved it when Captain America grabbed Thor's hammer and went into beast mode and I'm not even a big Cap fan.

Derka
04-29-2019, 11:04 PM
Both Sam and Bucky spend time in the comics as Captain America. There

MaxFly
04-29-2019, 11:15 PM
Best part of that whole battle was Cap wielding Mjolnir against Thanos hands down.

Yes, yes it was.

SpaceJam2
04-29-2019, 11:18 PM
[QUOTE=Derka]Both Sam and Bucky spend time in the comics as Captain America. There

SpaceJam2
04-29-2019, 11:19 PM
Yes, yes it was.

100% yupp

tpols
04-29-2019, 11:34 PM
saw it... generic cheesey banter, good guys beat bad guys, main good guy dies to leave saint status. it just feels like fast food comic movie.

I seen shazam and deadpool 2 most recently and both had cooler angles and appeal to me.

Bawkish
04-29-2019, 11:55 PM

also IW Thanos was much more ruthless, battle hardened & focused. He went thru everything that needed to be done with one goal in mind

EG Thanos (basically pre-IW Thanos) is still a Mad Titan, who's still conquering worlds and probably just figured out about the Infinity Stones

DCL
04-30-2019, 01:18 AM
this is a spoilers thread, so if you haven't seen the movie yet and want to but you're still reading this, it's all on you.

anyway, the biggest reason why infinity war worked for me was because i found thanos to be so friggin fascinating and that movie was basically all about thanos. he was a complex character. he's this ruthless and supremely powerful villian, but he also had an incredible side of humanity. and then after destroying half the world, he didn't care about anything else. almost everything he did was self-less. he even had to sacrifice the existence that he loved the most to complete his mission. but after doing all that crazy shit, he basically retired and humbly worked on a farm and garden, which is what "good guys" usually do after they are done with war. i loved it. he's so much more interesting than the typical egotistical villain who simply wanted to conquer the world and then rule everything. one may even argue that thanos had more principles, however obtuse they may be, than any avengers.

then fast forward to endgame -- thano's head gets chopped off in the beginning and that immediately ruined the climax for me.

and maybe i'm on my own island on this, but i was bored to death with the time travel exploration which was basically the whole plot of endgame. that shit is sooo uncreative and unoriginal. they have been done to death. and they weren't even intelligent about it because there were so many inconsistencies. i felt the writers had spent all their energies writing a fantastic script for infinity wars and then they just got burned out and mailed it in for endgame.

time travel stories worked for me in "back to the future" and "the time machine" (1960 version). but it was just not interesting in this movie because it felt like such as weak ass cop out. and even the characters joked about how lame it was, which was obviously an admission from the screen writers. they KNEW they could have brought more to the table, especially after writing a remarkable script for infinity war.

highwhey
04-30-2019, 01:22 AM
i agree about Thanos, he was a well made villain with complexity to his character. his actions even raised a noteworthy conversation regarding philosophy.

however, it

DCL
04-30-2019, 01:30 AM
thanos was one of the top reasons why this movie broke box offices across the world.

we ALL wanted to see how he was going to be defeated. it was so anti-climatic when his head got chopped off in the near beginning.

and then they lost ideas and resorted to time travel.

fvvvvvck, that is the weakest cop out other than some guy waking up and saying, "oh, it was all just a dream."

if you've ever written stories for school, and you built a massive conflict in your plot, you need to be even more creative in solving that conflict.

but their solution was simply time travel. to me, that was as weak as tony stark waking up and going "oh, none of that happened and it was only a nightmare." that angle did not satisfy me. i believe the writers really could have been way more creative.

RoseCity07
04-30-2019, 06:57 AM
SPOILERS***

Does anyone else get annoyed at how inconsistent these movies are in regards to Thanos and his abilities? In one scene he gets killed by like 4 Avengers. It was easy as hell since he had no stones. Then in the final battle he still has no stones and he survives some of the strongest Avengers beating his ass.

It's stupid. Captain Marvel alone should be able to shred his ass to pieces. Yet she doesn't do sh*t. It just gets stupid at a certain point. ****in Thanos fighting off Thor and Captain America at the same time. Just lol.

This movie was goofy as hell.

Kblaze8855
04-30-2019, 08:48 AM
They established he was nearly killed in the explosion from destroying the stones. Remember he was limping? He could barely walk up his steps. He was in no condition to fight pre fat thor catching him by surprise and cutting off his arm as a first strike.

coin24
04-30-2019, 08:48 AM
SPOILERS***

Does anyone else get annoyed at how inconsistent these movies are in regards to Thanos and his abilities? In one scene he gets killed by like 4 Avengers. It was easy as hell since he had no stones. Then in the final battle he still has no stones and he survives some of the strongest Avengers beating his ass.

It's stupid. Captain Marvel alone should be able to shred his ass to pieces. Yet she doesn't do sh*t. It just gets stupid at a certain point. ****in Thanos fighting off Thor and Captain America at the same time. Just lol.

Because in the start when they killed thanos he had just used the stones for a second time and it had almost killed him..

In the end it was pre stones thanos lol

glidedrxlr22
04-30-2019, 09:35 AM
A question about the time traveling. If everyone who disappeared didn't age over 5 years....how come Peter Parker's classmates still appear to be his age?...they show his best friend in End Game plus there's the Far From Home trailers.

And1AllDay
04-30-2019, 10:44 AM
Because in the start when they killed thanos he had just used the stones for a second time and it had almost killed him..

+1 Thanos was obv hurt in that scene and plsu caught off guard

sammichoffate
04-30-2019, 11:06 AM
i agree about Thanos, he was a well made villain with complexity to his character. his actions even raised a noteworthy conversation regarding philosophy.

however, it’s a damn shame it took MCU 20 movies to get a good villain. they have been mostly garbage for a decade.

Nolan wins again.Loki was a good villain, Ultron was booty, Thanos was great. I did like Hela and Killmonger a lot from this phase as well, everyone else is meh. When they give backstory for the villains, they tend to be a little better than "Take over the world just cuz" lol. Have you seen Daredevil? Prob the best GOAT villain in that show.

macmac
04-30-2019, 11:11 AM
A question about the time traveling. If everyone who disappeared didn't age over 5 years....how come Peter Parker's classmates still appear to be his age?...they show his best friend in End Game plus there's the Far From Home trailers.

Apparently he was snapped too. That scene seemed awkward to me as well

sammichoffate
04-30-2019, 11:20 AM
Apparently he was snapped too. That scene seemed awkward to me as wellIt could just be a bunch of random kids other than Ned, or they could just chock it up to 50/50 convenience.

macmac
04-30-2019, 11:27 AM
It could just be a bunch of random kids other than Ned, or they could just chock it up to 50/50 convenience.

I understand there can be an explanation to it, I

CelticBaller
04-30-2019, 12:51 PM
SPOILERS***

Beginning Thanos was a weaker thanos. He had his arm fried and he could barely move on a limp

End thanos was prime thanos going against out of shape avengers. Remember Captain America was getting his ass kicked by his past self and Thor was a shell of himself. The only characters that gave him trouble were the ones that weren’t rusty aka Captain Marvel and Scarlett witch

Real Men Wear Green
04-30-2019, 03:50 PM
1: Fat Thor is weird.

2: They could make another movie with Evans' Cap. We didn't get to see how he goes about replacing the stones and they have aged and de-aged him a few times in the comics.

3: Movie could have used an intermission but I was prepared. Only had oatmeal for breakfast.

4: While exiting the theater I told as many people as I could that "Batman dies at the end."

5: Very good movie but Marvel isn't surpassing previous efforts. Thanks to continuity they don't have to.

Doctor K
04-30-2019, 05:07 PM
thanos was one of the top reasons why this movie broke box offices across the world.

we ALL wanted to see how he was going to be defeated. it was so anti-climatic when his head got chopped off in the near beginning.

and then they lost ideas and resorted to time travel.

fvvvvvck, that is the weakest cop out other than some guy waking up and saying, "oh, it was all just a dream."

if you've ever written stories for school, and you built a massive conflict in your plot, you need to be even more creative in solving that conflict.

but their solution was simply time travel. to me, that was as weak as tony stark waking up and going "oh, none of that happened and it was only a nightmare." that angle did not satisfy me. i believe the writers really could have been way more creative.

I mean to be fair Marvel has been planning this for a while. So like only 10% of their story uses time travel. They have done so many other things. I don't mind 10% of a story incorporating time travel as well. And honestly time travel in the Marvel universe is no surprise at all.

Smoke117
04-30-2019, 05:13 PM
That "girl power" scene was so hilariously cringe worthy. These laaaydeeeeees are so strong and brave! :oldlol: Fighting the patriarchy one fictional villain at a time. :lol

Facepalm
04-30-2019, 05:15 PM

It's like he was so busy typing away on ISH that he missed the fact Thanos injured, limping, and straight up SAY that using the stones almost killed him :oldlol:

sammichoffate
04-30-2019, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE=macmac]I understand there can be an explanation to it, I

CelticBaller
04-30-2019, 05:57 PM
The thing I see most people complaining about is Cap staying back and getting old. They explained in the movie that you can't change the past, but people are still asking how he was able to grow old w/ Peggy Carter it's annoying af to see over and over.
According to the directors he went to an alternate timeline and lived his life there then came back to give Sam the Shield

macmac
04-30-2019, 06:09 PM
According to the directors he went to an alternate timeline and lived his life there then came back to give Sam the Shield

Ya but then wouldn

Doctor K
04-30-2019, 06:37 PM
Ya but then wouldn’t he have to come back through the portal in that case?
Why?

Maybe its not clear to you. As we saw in the movies, there can be 2 Captain Americas living together. He lived his life with Peggy and the other Captain America did what we saw in all the movies.

Doctor K
04-30-2019, 06:38 PM
The thing I see most people complaining about is Cap staying back and getting old. They explained in the movie that you can't change the past, but people are still asking how he was able to grow old w/ Peggy Carter it's annoying af to see over and over.
He didn't change his past. That is what the movie was explaining. Your future you cannot change your past you. And he didn't.

sammichoffate
04-30-2019, 08:21 PM
He didn't change his past. That is what the movie was explaining. Your future you cannot change your past you. And he didn't.Exactly, once you do something in the past that timeline branches off into an alternate one the original timeline doesn't change. Once the Stones were returned, those alternate timelines merge back with the original ones before the event that made them branch off(missing stone) occurred. I just want people to stop nitpicking and calling that a plot hole already. Steve didn't stop HYDRA or anything because he can't, SHIELD forms regardless of what Steve does and everything happens the same way.

Ben Simmons 25
04-30-2019, 09:03 PM
They absolutely verbally destroyed every other movie's version of time travel and then they left a glaring plot hole.

Sure... he created an alternate timeline in the past... so how the **** did he jump back to the original timeline in the future? For him to show up in that scene means he altered everyone's past... or this has all already happened. And it couldn't have already happened because of the scenes from previous movies that don't support that.

It's a plot hole.

There is no explanation for it. They ****ed up.

They tried to give Steve a meaningful sendoff without killing him, which they did by having him go back in time to Peggy, but there was no need for him to ever come back and have the old man scene. That's just lame. It was unnecessary and created a plot hole. They should have just let him go back and let that be that... leave us to guess if that impacts the way this all played out or not.

You can get mad about it all you want. It's still a major plot hole.

I repeat... you don't get to shit talk other movies to that extreme level and then **** up yourself with the rules you set in place yourself. That's just weak.

sammichoffate
04-30-2019, 10:02 PM
They absolutely verbally destroyed every other movie's version of time travel and then they left a glaring plot hole.

Sure... he created an alternate timeline in the past... so how the **** did he jump back to the original timeline in the future? For him to show up in that scene means he altered everyone's past... or this has all already happened. And it couldn't have already happened because of the scenes from previous movies that don't support that.

It's a plot hole.

There is no explanation for it. They ****ed up.

They tried to give Steve a meaningful sendoff without killing him, which they did by having him go back in time to Peggy, but there was no need for him to ever come back and have the old man scene. That's just lame. It was unnecessary and created a plot hole. They should have just let him go back and let that be that... leave us to guess if that impacts the way this all played out or not.

You can get mad about it all you want. It's still a major plot hole.

I repeat... you don't get to shit talk other movies to that extreme level and then **** up yourself with the rules you set in place yourself. That's just weak.He didnt jump back to the future, that's the whole point of him getting old lmfao, if he did he still had the pym particles anyways. Everything happened with the same steve that got frozen in the ice like someone mentioned earlier.

Doctor K
04-30-2019, 10:52 PM
He didnt jump back to the future, that's the whole point of him getting old lmfao, if he did he still had the pym particles anyways. Everything happened with the same steve that got frozen in the ice like someone mentioned earlier.
Yeah I don't get what that guy is confused about either

And can people stop with the HUGE GLARING PLOT HOLE OMGG. I mean beside for the fact its not a plot hole, this has nothing to do with the main plot and 99% of the movie lol.

red1
04-30-2019, 11:03 PM
That "girl power" scene was so hilariously cringe worthy. These laaaydeeeeees are so strong and brave! :oldlol: Fighting the patriarchy one fictional villain at a time. :lol
is there anything in life that doesn't trigger you? I don't mind that scene at all because it's not for us - it's for the new generation of kids growing up with this shit. I'd rather have a chick idolize a fictional character with morals rather than a britney spears a miley cyrus a rihanna or whatever dumb broad is the flavor of the day.

never in a million years would I expect to see chicks walking around with nerd gear like a batman backpack or a captain america t-shirt - I saw both this week.

we won fam. this shit is mainstream culture now.

Ben Simmons 25
04-30-2019, 11:05 PM
Look... this is real simple, I'm sorry you don't understand it.

Cap is young when he goes back in time to put the stones back in place, and then he goes back to be with Peggy and stays.

He then somehow ends up as an old man right in front of the very eyes of the people that just sent him back in time... which means...

Either their past was changed(violation of the movie's established rules regarding time travel)... or this has all already happened and every Marvel movie we've ever seen has been part of the split timeline that cap created when he went back to be with Peggy.

They violated their own rules.

It's weak. I'm sorry if you don't see it and don't understand but there's no better way I am personally capable of articulating the mistake... but it was a mistake.

red1
04-30-2019, 11:13 PM
huge shout-out to the 90's fox animated spiderman - it had most of the major marvel characters in one form or another. I have this shit on bluray and dvd and it is always good for a healthy dose of nostalgia.

http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w342/7wQT4Udf7L3xhbnCadMFsYQK7OD.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d0/Spider-Man_%281994_TV_series%29_title_screen.png/250px-Spider-Man_%281994_TV_series%29_title_screen.png
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/PlALop8q9RY/hqdefault.jpg
https://picswe.com/thumbs/7ZCsiX7ztttW1-LXmMFZxcMPTEdV0Q8bz-2VoLWfeKBQJmo2fglZVGXBqUhCpB_1gsiIrczXMlsbt-dHLP-DJA.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DswloefXcAE2pLx.jpg

this show had iron man, war-machine, daredevil, blade, captain america, an epic crossover with the 90's xmen cartoon - shit blew my mind back in the day

Smoke117
04-30-2019, 11:24 PM
is there anything in life that doesn't trigger you? I don't mind that scene at all because it's not for us - it's for the new generation of kids growing up with this shit. I'd rather have a chick idolize a fictional character with morals rather than a britney spears a miley cyrus a rihanna or whatever dumb broad is the flavor of the day.

never in a million years would I expect to see chicks walking around with nerd gear like a batman backpack or a captain america t-shirt - I saw both this week.

Yes, I'm so triggered that I made a post expressing how amused I was by a stupid scene. The better question is why are you always following me around ready to make a triggered response to everything I say? Also, the new generation coming up are actually far more right leaning. Their ideals are basically the opposite of the current millennial young adult generation.

Jameerthefear
05-01-2019, 12:51 AM
Was so corny. "Oh you know these characters that have literally never interacted with eachother? Let's have them pose together for SJW points"

HALLandOATES
05-01-2019, 01:22 AM
Never seen a superhero movie,never gave them w chance for whatever reason...seeing this movie shatter the biggest opening ever by double makes me think I should??

Doctor K
05-01-2019, 01:29 AM
Either their past was changed(violation of the movie's established rules regarding time travel)... or this has all already happened and every Marvel movie we've ever seen has been part of the split timeline that cap created when he went back to be with Peggy.

They violated their own rules.

The later is the case. You said the former is a violation of the rules...but the later is the case. Namely there has been another Captain America living with Peggy. And now that Captain America has become old.

So how do you conclude that they violated their own rules? :confusedshrug: They didn't. Hist past never changed.

Doctor K
05-01-2019, 01:35 AM
Never seen a superhero movie,never gave them w chance for whatever reason...seeing this movie shatter the biggest opening ever by double makes me think I should??

Yes but you can't just watch this movie. The reason this movie is breaking records is because of the 11 year build up to it. Of course there have been a lot of great movies in between so you won't be just watching trash movie after trash to get to here.

Start with Captain America 1st Avenger.

red1
05-01-2019, 02:04 AM
Yes, I'm so triggered that I made a post expressing how amused I was by a stupid scene. The better question is why are you always following me around ready to make a triggered response to everything I say? Also, the new generation coming up are actually far more right leaning. Their ideals are basically the opposite of the current millennial young adult generation.
I don't follow you around if anything you're the one who constantly responds to me, in your usual emotional state. And my point had nothing to do with politics I was mentioning the fact that the scene is probably meant for the little girls growing up with these movies.

DaHeezy
05-01-2019, 03:25 AM
I loved it all except:

Fat Thor
Prof Hulk
The women team up

The women team up especially. Never in my life have a group of women ready for a pile on make my dikk limp

ballinhun8
05-01-2019, 10:57 AM
Watched it again in IMAX last night and it's actually a lot more enjoyable the second time. Definitely feels like it didn't drag as much.

I still care for the Soul Stone scene. The team up at the end still gave me chills. Peter crying to a ding Tony Stark still got to me which was crazy. And even Tony's daughter telling Happy she was hungry for cheeseburgers still got to me.

The women tag team scene was badass to me. Yes it doesn't make sense cuz most don't know who each other are but who cares. They all are on the same side fighting so who cares if they didn't know each other beforehand. Most people that have the same company about it have the same complaints about women in general.

Also tidbit that I missed and looked out for in this second showing was Howard the Duck!!!! This little mofo is there for a millisecond. Right when the Wasp reappears he is on the lower right side of the screen next to the Ravegers (who I'm assuming aren't the same ones from GoTG2).

I'll probably go again this weekend to see it in 3D/4D just to see what it's like. I really hope it can surpass Avatar. So tired of that movie still in 1st place.

Real Men Wear Green
05-01-2019, 11:39 AM
They probably did the women team-up scene to piss off people stupid enough to be offended by it.

sammichoffate
05-01-2019, 12:17 PM
They probably did the women team-up scene to piss off people stupid enough to be offended by it.I thought the infinity war one felt a lot more natural, Widow and Okoye helping out Wanda versus a bunch of randoms taking a selfie with captain marvel while she steam rolled through everyone.

glidedrxlr22
05-01-2019, 12:54 PM
I thought the infinity war one felt a lot more natural, Widow and Okoye helping out Wanda versus a bunch of randoms taking a selfie with captain marvel while she steam rolled through everyone.

Yes. Good point. I agree.

Overall, I slightly prefer Infinity War. The action was spread out more evenly throughout the movie. Also, we got to see....even though it was short...the Hulk in his natural Hulk smash mode.

Real Men Wear Green
05-01-2019, 12:58 PM
I thought the infinity war one felt a lot more natural, Widow and Okoye helping out Wanda versus a bunch of randoms taking a selfie with captain marvel while she steam rolled through everyone.
Way back in the first Avengers movie there was a scene in the battle with Loki where Cap gives orders to some first responder types (might have been cops) and one of them asks why he was in charge. Immediately cap is attackd by 3 aliens who he beat in 3 seconds. In the Endgame final battle while all of this war is going on around them Spiderman and Ironman somehow find time and space (with no cover) to hug and chat. If we were really getting into what makes sense for meeting up during warfare the only superheromovie that comes close to making sense is Bale's Batman and even there I bet someone could dig up something stupid. Dudes just get worked up over this stuff because it's women, as if the whole superhero concept wasn't completely unrealistic to begin with.

Real Men Wear Green
05-01-2019, 01:10 PM
The Rock wants in on the MCU. (https://movieweb.com/avengers-endgame-box-office-dwayne-johnson-congratulations-video/?fbclid=IwAR1x3VtNcUXFJQVvvLSCHHYigBjOQSzkFZtLPDeo 0GswuYvv7p3OcDpy61U)

It's a little weird how he takes over franchises (Fast and Furious, GI Joe) but he's entertaining so whatever. Who in Marvel is he well-suited to play? Cage is taken and he's already played Hercules for another comic book movie universe. I'd advocate him as Apocalypse if he can take on a villain role, though I don't think he'splayed a character as deep as Apocalypse should be. Characters like Strong Guy and Wonder Man may not be high-profile enough for Johnson to touch. To spitball further I could see him as Ares or Namor.

Derka
05-01-2019, 01:18 PM
They probably did the women team-up scene to piss off people stupid enough to be offended by it.
Good. The trolls need a bit of trolling every now and then. As I watched that scene I turned to my fiancee and said "I hope everyone on 4chan simultaneously shit in their pants when they saw this."

DaHeezy
05-01-2019, 01:20 PM

Yeah, intentionally create a scene to offend your core demographic. Real smart

But of course nothing offends you eh RMWG? I mean we never see you bitching about anything trivial ever right?

iamgine
05-01-2019, 01:22 PM
The Rock wants in on the MCU. (https://movieweb.com/avengers-endgame-box-office-dwayne-johnson-congratulations-video/?fbclid=IwAR1x3VtNcUXFJQVvvLSCHHYigBjOQSzkFZtLPDeo 0GswuYvv7p3OcDpy61U)

It's a little weird how he takes over franchises (Fast and Furious, GI Joe) but he's entertaining so whatever. Who in Marvel is he well-suited to play? Cage is taken and he's already played Hercules for another comic book movie universe. I'd advocate him as Apocalypse if he can take on a villain role, though I don't think he'splayed a character as deep as Apocalypse should be. Characters like Strong Guy and Wonder Man may not be high-profile enough for Johnson to touch. To spitball further I could see him as Ares or Namor.
Annihilus? Galactus? Dr. Doom?

Real Men Wear Green
05-01-2019, 01:22 PM
Yeah, intentionally create a scene to offend your core demographic. Real smartThey made a billion dollars over a weekend. They appear to be smart enough to make money.

But of course nothing offends you eh RMWG? I mean we never see you bitching about anything trivial ever right?In my defense I don't complain about trivial posters like yourself nearly as much as I used to.

Real Men Wear Green
05-01-2019, 01:31 PM
Annihilus? Galactus? Dr. Doom?
Does he do villain roles? I heard that he was the bad guy in the Doom video game movie (never saw it). If he wants to be in multiple movies I especially doubt he takes a villain role. Maybe Doom because Doom is easier to make a recurring problem if you leave him in charge of his country. Galactus is probably just going to be someone's voice. I don't know much about Annihilus (I think he was the big bad for some cosmic thing, "Annihilation" or something) but I don't see the Rock taking a role where you look at the character and can't tell what the actor's face looks like. I make an exception for Doom because they could tell the origin story.

Facepalm
05-01-2019, 01:36 PM
Does he do villain roles? I heard that he was the bad guy in the Doom video game movie (never saw it). If he wants to be in multiple movies I especially doubt he takes a villain role. Maybe Doom because Doom is easier to make a recurring problem if you leave him in charge of his country. Galactus is probably just going to be someone's voice. I don't know much about Annihilus (I think he was the big bad for some cosmic thing, "Annihilation" or something) but I don't see the Rock taking a role where you look at the character and can't tell what the actor's face looks like. I make an exception for Doom because they could tell the origin story.
Remember at the beginning during the holographic council meeting, the Wakanda chick mentions there are some tectonic problems under the ocean, but they will leave it alone for now? Under the ocean....hmmm....what character do we know of that may be able to cause problems under water? Maybe someone who is also a monarch of a technologically advanced, isolationist kingdom similar to Wakanda?

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-8cd4ba6ef311144089b21906d03ea662

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/l3Yct5i71NQ/maxresdefault.jpg

https://i1.wp.com/www.comicsblend.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/New-Avengers-7.jpg

Real Men Wear Green
05-01-2019, 01:40 PM
Yeah Namor looks like the frontrunner.

DaHeezy
05-01-2019, 01:40 PM
They made a billion dollars over a weekend. They appear to be smart enough to make money.

It made billions because people invested over a decade into the story. It doesn't change the fact that that scene was contrived and cringey. It's a valid complaint, just like people complaining about plot holes. That scene was probably the most contrived scene in cinematic history. It sucked. The end result will be this will tank any future franchise plans including these women. Had they left it out every scene passing the torch to a woman (Capt. marvel, Valkerie) would be more tolerable

In my defense I don't complain about trivial posters like yourself nearly as much as I used to.

:lol You do indirectly all the time. You're one of the most easily triggered posters on here.

Facepalm
05-01-2019, 01:42 PM

Namor would be perfect. Also, we would have 2 islanders playing king's of Atlantis :oldlol:

Facepalm
05-01-2019, 01:47 PM
Yeah Namor looks like the frontrunner.
Would also be something the MCU hasn't done before. Introduce him as an antagonist vs Black Panther. Follow up in a future Avengers movie where he gets redeemed and becomes a bit of an anti-hero. That leads into a solo Namor movie that deals with strictly Atlantis issues where he is shown as even more of a hero.

Real Men Wear Green
05-01-2019, 01:50 PM
It made billions because people invested over a decade into the story. It doesn't change the fact that that scene was contrived and cringey. It's a valid complaint, just like people complaining about plot holes. That scene was probably the most contrived scene in cinematic history. It sucked. The end result will be this will tank any future franchise plans including these women. Had they left it out every scene passing the torch to a woman (Capt. marvel, Valkerie) would be more tolerableYou say this while they make billions upon billions of dollars. They even have a movie out in theaters, right now starring one of the women in the scene that has you so upset that has made over a billion dollars and is still earning money. And you think, with them making all of this money, that somehow they're going to stop?

:lol

You do indirectly all the time. You're one of the most easily triggered posters on here.So in other words, it's all in your head.

Real Men Wear Green
05-01-2019, 01:53 PM
Would also be something the MCU hasn't done before. Introduce him as an antagonist vs Black Panther. Follow up in a future Avengers movie where he gets redeemed and becomes a bit of an anti-hero. That leads into a solo Namor movie that deals with strictly Atlantis issues where he is shown as even more of a hero.
It would be like Stark vs Cap in Civil War. Could definitely see it.

Facepalm
05-01-2019, 02:02 PM
It would be like Stark vs Cap in Civil War. Could definitely see it.
Only issue I see is that Namor is like a combo of Black Adam and Aquaman..and The Rock is already playing Black Adam which is he kinda perfect for

https://i.redd.it/x5xd84ptq98y.jpg

:oldlol:

CelticBaller
05-01-2019, 02:04 PM
huge shout-out to the 90's fox animated spiderman - it had most of the major marvel characters in one form or another. I have this shit on bluray and dvd and it is always good for a healthy dose of nostalgia.

http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w342/7wQT4Udf7L3xhbnCadMFsYQK7OD.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d0/Spider-Man_%281994_TV_series%29_title_screen.png/250px-Spider-Man_%281994_TV_series%29_title_screen.png
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/PlALop8q9RY/hqdefault.jpg
https://picswe.com/thumbs/7ZCsiX7ztttW1-LXmMFZxcMPTEdV0Q8bz-2VoLWfeKBQJmo2fglZVGXBqUhCpB_1gsiIrczXMlsbt-dHLP-DJA.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DswloefXcAE2pLx.jpg

this show had iron man, war-machine, daredevil, blade, captain america, an epic crossover with the 90's xmen cartoon - shit blew my mind back in the day
My favorite American cartoon

DaHeezy
05-01-2019, 02:15 PM
You say this while they make billions upon billions of dollars. They even have a movie out in theaters, right now starring one of the women in the scene that has you so upset that has made over a billion dollars and is still earning money. And you think, with them making all of this money, that somehow they're going to stop?

No, I'm saying the future female driven movies won't be as supported. The stock is going to be in the X-Men/ Fantastic Four tie ins. The women driven stuff will bomb

So in other words, it's all in your head.

:lol You're doing it right now! You're obviously bothered by my comments so you'll just carry on trying to indirectly attack me. Shall we pull out the popcorn eating meme and see?

Facepalm
05-01-2019, 02:20 PM
No, I'm saying the future female driven movies won't be as supported. The stock is going to be in the X-Men/ Fantastic Four tie ins. The women driven stuff will bomb

:lol You're doing it right now! You're obviously bothered by my comments so you'll just carry on trying to indirectly attack me. Shall we pull out the popcorn eating meme and see?

Yea, just like Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel bombed.

DaHeezy
05-01-2019, 02:24 PM

I didn't say women based movies will bomb. I'm saying that scene in Avengers where the women unite is a bad look for the franchise trying to promote future projects.

Attacking that scene doesn't meam men hate women, it means people hate contrived bullshit pushing an SJW agenda

Lol, comprehension is tough thing sometimes. The Feminazi movement gets people all clouded.

Real Men Wear Green
05-01-2019, 02:26 PM
Yea, just like Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel bombed.I already pointed Captain Marvel out. Doesn't appear to have penetrated. We better not mention half thr population being female.

coin24
05-01-2019, 02:28 PM

Wonder Woman was a good movie, captain marvel wasn't.

Brie Larson is very unlikeable, if you think captain marvel 2 will be as successful when there's no avengers out a month later then you're crazy:oldlol:

Facepalm
05-01-2019, 02:37 PM

Brie Larson is very unlikeable, if you think captain marvel 2 will be as successful when there's no avengers out a month later then you're crazy:oldlol:

WW was good until the final boss scene. The boss "twist" was easy to see coming a mile away, and the entire Ares fight sucked.

Brie Larson indeed sucked as CM..She has absolutely no charisma at all in that role. I keep hearing that she's a great actress but I just didn't see it. Haven't watched her in anything else though. I did appreciate the twist that the skrulls were actually good guys, that was unexpected.

Facepalm
05-01-2019, 02:39 PM
I didn't say women based movies will bomb. I'm saying that scene in Avengers where the women unite is a bad look for the franchise trying to promote future projects.

Attacking that scene doesn't meam men hate women, it means people hate contrived bullshit pushing an SJW agenda

Lol, comprehension is tough thing sometimes. The Feminazi movement gets people all clouded.

You just said said women based movies will bomb 10 minutes ago, who you trying to fool? :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
05-01-2019, 02:40 PM

Brie Larson is very unlikeable, if you think captain marvel 2 will be as successful when there's no avengers out a month later then you're crazy:oldlol:1: It made a billion dollars, thinking it's sequel will be successful is..not crazy.

2: IT will be tied in to other Marvel movies. That is their formula. The next film may not be out a month after but all the MArvel fans will know that it's part of the coniuity so they will watch it. Even those of you that are so ridiculously upset over 15 seconds of women screentime will be going to see it so that you can comeon this site and complain some more. There is no limit to their ability to make money and predicting that anyof their movies fails is silly.

Unless they bring the Inhumans back. That shit sucked.

red1
05-01-2019, 06:00 PM
My favorite American cartoon
Yeah man. I got the dvds and have a custom online copy of an illegally produced bluray - of the whole series. That's what they get for not releasing it themselves. :oldlol:

Grew up with the cartoon it got me at the right time. My favorite part about the show is that they don't dumb it down at all- the show moves fast and has complex themes. The series finale is epic with an evil peter parker aka spidercarnage from another reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWkBWFwdLZo

DaHeezy
05-01-2019, 07:43 PM
You just said said women based movies will bomb 10 minutes ago, who you trying to fool? :oldlol:

Like I said. Comprehension is not your strong suite. You highlight what you wanted to see but IGNORED what I posted on the every next line

I'm saying that scene in Avengers where the women unite is a bad look for the franchise trying to promote future projects

If you're going to quote someone, quote the WHOLE thing or be subject to look stupid. Your post is a classic example of cherry picking.

DaHeezy
05-01-2019, 07:49 PM
I already pointed Captain Marvel out. Doesn't appear to have penetrated. We better not mention half thr population being female.
Yet the part that didn't penetrate with you is MOVING FORWARD.

Like it's been mentioned, Brie Larson is unlikeable. That scene further pushed her already slammed agenda. Future projects will suffer.

But that won't sink in with you. Just bring up again how much CM1 made. Not like Infinity Wars pushed that movie. Point is the torch is being passed. People already aren't behind who and how it's being passed.

Facepalm
05-01-2019, 07:52 PM
Like I said. Comprehension is not your strong suite. You highlight what you wanted to see but IGNORED what I posted on the every next line

If you're going to quote someone, quote the WHOLE thing or be subject to look stupid. Your post is a classic example of cherry picking.

Those are the only lines that matter. FUTURE FEMALE DRIVEN FILMS WON'T BE SUPPORTED. THE WOMEN DRIVEN STUFF WILL BOMB. You backtracking afterwards doesn't change the fact that's what you said. By the way, here's your full quote

Quote:
So in other words, it's all in your head.

You're doing it right now! You're obviously bothered by my comments so you'll just carry on trying to indirectly attack me. Shall we pull out the popcorn eating meme and see?

Looks like you are the one that can't even comprehend what your own chubby little fingers typed.

Stay Mad :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
05-01-2019, 08:10 PM
Yet the part that didn't penetrate with you is MOVING FORWARD.

Like it's been mentioned, Brie Larson is unlikeable. That scene further pushed her already slammed agenda. Future projects will suffer.

But that won't sink in with you. Just bring up again how much CM1 made. Not like Infinity Wars pushed that movie. Point is the torch is being passed. People already aren't behind who and how it's being passed.I'm sure we'll see the worst billion dollar movies ever. I mean sure, Captain Marvel made over a billion dollars but that Brie Larsen, she is unlikable. There is even a thread about it.

Moving on.

DaHeezy
05-01-2019, 08:14 PM
Those are the only lines that matter. FUTURE FEMALE DRIVEN FILMS WON'T BE SUPPORTED. THE WOMEN DRIVEN STUFF WILL BOMB. You backtracking afterwards doesn't change the fact that's what you said. By the way, here's your full quote

Looks like you are the one that can't even comprehend what your own chubby little fingers typed.

Stay Mad :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Lol, you quoted it several times yet you're still too moronic to comprehend what was actually being said.
I'm beginning to think you're a female poster. Only a woman would be too blind and selective to see what you're reading.

Once you comprehend that it's in regards to AVENGERS and not ALL women based movies you can continue this conversation. But my gut feelings is you're still in feminazi selective thinking mode to even comprehend that even though I flat out pointed it out

Here's a twist for you...I think Wonder Woman will be an ongoing successful character. I also think future storylines for Dark Phoenix will be interesting.

Lol. Fukkface still won't comprehend it.

egokiller
05-01-2019, 08:15 PM
Incels are fuming over the success of female based superhero movies?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

sammichoffate
05-01-2019, 09:40 PM
Way back in the first Avengers movie there was a scene in the battle with Loki where Cap gives orders to some first responder types (might have been cops) and one of them asks why he was in charge. Immediately cap is attackd by 3 aliens who he beat in 3 seconds. In the Endgame final battle while all of this war is going on around them Spiderman and Ironman somehow find time and space (with no cover) to hug and chat. If we were really getting into what makes sense for meeting up during warfare the only superheromovie that comes close to making sense is Bale's Batman and even there I bet someone could dig up something stupid. Dudes just get worked up over this stuff because it's women, as if the whole superhero concept wasn't completely unrealistic to begin with.For these kinds of movies, some suspense of disbelief is necessary imo which is why I said the IW one was a lot better directed. I just got out of the theater for a 2nd watching, she and Wanda steamrolled through everyone but she could've handled them easily lol.

coin24
05-01-2019, 10:22 PM
1: It made a billion dollars, thinking it's sequel will be successful is..not crazy.

2: IT will be tied in to other Marvel movies. That is their formula. The next film may not be out a month after but all the MArvel fans will know that it's part of the coniuity so they will watch it. Even those of you that are so ridiculously upset over 15 seconds of women screentime will be going to see it so that you can comeon this site and complain some more. There is no limit to their ability to make money and predicting that anyof their movies fails is silly.

It made a billion because people thought it was important to see to tie into the end game story, which it obviously wasn't, and I think a lot of people aren't impressed..

Obviously they will make the next phase all tie in, but a lot of people will lose interest if it centres around captain feminism..

And no I won't be going to see another marvel movie starring Brie Larson, I'm not a fan and I won't be supporting that shit

Real Men Wear Green
05-01-2019, 10:53 PM
The most irrelevant boycott of all time continues.

ballinhun8
05-02-2019, 12:45 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if the people in this thread complaining the most are the ones with the big cars to make up for their Napolean complex.

Facepalm
05-02-2019, 12:57 AM
Lol, you quoted it several times yet you're still too moronic to comprehend what was actually being said.
I'm beginning to think you're a female poster. Only a woman would be too blind and selective to see what you're reading.

Once you comprehend that it's in regards to AVENGERS and not ALL women based movies you can continue this conversation. But my gut feelings is you're still in feminazi selective thinking mode to even comprehend that even though I flat out pointed it out

Here's a twist for you...I think Wonder Woman will be an ongoing successful character. I also think future storylines for Dark Phoenix will be interesting.

Lol. Fukkface still won't comprehend it.
Nah neckbeard, stop trying to rewrite history. Everyone here knows what you wrote. Adjust your fedora and take the L or just stay furious.

Facepalm
05-02-2019, 01:01 AM
So they now hate Star Wars and the MCU. Can't wait till their next sacred cow gets slaughtered :oldlol:

Brujesino
05-02-2019, 01:53 AM
You guys are mad about the 7 second girl power moment?:oldlol: Literally 7 fvcking seconds and some of you guys have your pantys in a bunch.

highwhey
05-02-2019, 01:54 AM
You guys are mad about the 7 second girl power moment?:oldlol: Literally 7 fvcking seconds and some of you guys have your pantys in a bunch.
i

DaHeezy
05-02-2019, 02:49 AM
Nah neckbeard, stop trying to rewrite history. Everyone here knows what you wrote. Adjust your fedora and take the L or just stay furious.

Lol, what I actually wrote and what you interpret it as are two totally different things. Because you can't comprehend it your estrogen levels get all wonky. Take your feminazi pu$$y hat off and you'd actually get it.

It's idiots like you who like to Skype what people say into your twisted interpretations that make this place, and the world a shitty place to live. You take a little sample size and utilize it to sum up a whole society. Lol, now your estrogen infused brain can't accept that your view is totally off.

So I guess by your logic if I believe you're a woman by your response, then you are a woman. Lol. Well guess what facepuss, you're the new ISH purple-haired, pu$$y, lesbo feminazi. I'll make sure it sticks. :lol

DaHeezy
05-02-2019, 02:52 AM
So they now hate Star Wars and the MCU. Can't wait till their next sacred cow gets slaughtered :oldlol:

Wow, feminazi just nailed it! Shame on men for not buying in to forced agendas.

Tell us, when you watched Ghostbusters 2.0, did you rage when they called it the Stay Puffed Marshmallow man and not the Stay Puffed Marshmallow person?

DaHeezy
05-02-2019, 02:55 AM
[QUOTE=highwhey]i

MJistheGOAT
05-02-2019, 12:52 PM
Whining about a somewhat forced short scene in a movie full of awesome moments???

Just GTFO

P.S. I didn

Facepalm
05-02-2019, 02:53 PM
Lol, what I actually wrote and what you interpret it as are two totally different things. Because you can't comprehend it your estrogen levels get all wonky. Take your feminazi pu$$y hat off and you'd actually get it.

It's idiots like you who like to Skype what people say into your twisted interpretations that make this place, and the world a shitty place to live. You take a little sample size and utilize it to sum up a whole society. Lol, now your estrogen infused brain can't accept that your view is totally off.

So I guess by your logic if I believe you're a woman by your response, then you are a woman. Lol. Well guess what facepuss, you're the new ISH purple-haired, pu$$y, lesbo feminazi. I'll make sure it sticks. :lol

You must work for a female or haven't been laid in awhile. Probably both. So furious that women are ruining your life.

https://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Angry+neck+beard_7cf4e9_5025088.jpg

Stay fuming incel :rant :rant

DaHeezy
05-02-2019, 03:32 PM
You must work for a female or haven't been laid in awhile. Probably both. So furious that women are ruining your life.

https://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Angry+neck+beard_7cf4e9_5025088.jpg

Stay fuming incel :rant :rant

Lol, menstruating again?
Please stop taking out all your problems on men. I adore women. You being a lesbian we share the same love.

I get it. You feminazis can't let things go. Don't worry. i can coach you through this. i help women through all sorts of hormonal issues.

DaHeezy
05-02-2019, 03:34 PM
Lol, you got to love women like Facepalm. Always have to gain attention and derail awesome threads.

Anyone got some soy for this person?

sammichoffate
05-02-2019, 05:23 PM
Lol, you got to love women like Facepalm. Always have to gain attention and derail awesome threads.

Anyone got some soy for this person?https://media.giphy.com/media/sIlHfE2wu1xFS/giphy.gif

CelticBaller
05-02-2019, 05:48 PM
Ya really mad over that scene lmao

I was just happy my spider boy got all the pretty ladies surrounding him

Jameerthefear
05-02-2019, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=highwhey]i

TheMan
05-02-2019, 06:38 PM

:bowdown:

You were a fellow comic geek nerd growing up too?

You aren't that bad :applause:

Yes we did win out, see chicks with comic book hero shirts all the time...:rockon:

And to those who got triggered by that little girl-power sequence, grow a pair you incel losers :oldlol:

TheMan
05-02-2019, 06:49 PM
Yes but you can't just watch this movie. The reason this movie is breaking records is because of the 11 year build up to it. Of course there have been a lot of great movies in between so you won't be just watching trash movie after trash to get to here.

Start with Captain America 1st Avenger.
He wrote that he never watched ANY comic book movie so I would suggest he start with the Tim Burton Batman movies, work up to the early 2000s X Men through the Dark Knight trilogy and then start watching the MCU with Captain America First Avenger.

Facepalm
05-02-2019, 07:42 PM
I adore women.

Unfortunately they don't adore you back

https://i.chzbgr.com/full/9229344768/h631D47ED/

Meticode
05-02-2019, 07:47 PM
I loved the all-female scene. Just because it was kind of comical to me. Anyone upset over it should be more upset over the Cap plot hole at the end. The movie was solid all the way around. Only thing I wish they changed was the Cap ending slightly or how it worked. I don't mind the aspect of him staying back in time and being with Peggy, but him being in the same timeline shouldn't of happened that way and as many people have said over and over it broke the movie's own rules.

And I wish Hulk would've got his 10-15 seconds vs Thanos, but I understand a busted arm wouldn't of worked. Maybe they should've had Thor do the snap and he would've fought Thanos partly injured...them saying Thor can't handle the Gamma Radiation was funny to me because he literally took on the full power of a dying star to forge Stormbreaker literally 5 years previously. I know he's not in shape and nerfed, but it would've been plausible for him doing the snap and living still.

I just really wish Hulk would've gotten his fight is all. His story arc was kind of weak to me considering Ruffalo wanted his own film when he first joined on years ago and he was convinced that his story arc would play out later and they wouldn't need a film. But he ended up being a super-passive version of Hulk.

MaxFly
05-02-2019, 07:48 PM

Yeah... it really wasn't that serious. I know several ladies who saw the scene and liked it because it acknowleged several of the female heroes in the universe and the work that went into exposing fans to them in prior movies.

MaxFly
05-02-2019, 07:49 PM
1: It made a billion dollars, thinking it's sequel will be successful is..not crazy.

:cheers:

Meticode
05-02-2019, 07:55 PM
I'm hoping Far From Home teases the next big thing. Perhaps The Eternals...

P.S. - The tricky part will be getting people to connect to the characters. The reason Endgame was so good, is because if you watched the MCU films you had a near 10 year build up and connection with Tony and Cap. So you saw where they came from, and they were relatable.

Facepalm
05-02-2019, 07:56 PM
Yeah... it really wasn't that serious. I know several ladies who saw the scene and liked it because it acknowleged several of the female heroes in the universe and the work that went into exposing fans to them in prior movies.
There have been all female Avengers teams (X-Men ones too). It was just a 10 second fan service to comic book readers. Just like when Captain America said "Hail Hydra". Sure, the scene can be cringe but whether you enjoyed it or not it's really not a big deal.
It's hilarious that neckbeards like Da Heezy are losing their shit :oldlol:

DaHeezy
05-02-2019, 08:06 PM
There have been all female Avengers teams (X-Men ones too). It was just a 10 second fan service to comic book readers. Just like when Captain America said "Hail Hydra". Sure, the scene can be cringe but whether you enjoyed it or not it's really not a big deal.
It's hilarious that neckbeards like Da Heezy are losing their shit :oldlol:

Wrong. Nobody lost their shit over it. It's Feminazis like you who just because people thought that scene was cringey get your panties in a bunch and scream "incel!"

Everyone here who thought that scene was cringey seemed to like Wonderwoman including me. Lol. But the menstrual monster facepalm here can't seem to acknowledge it. Soyboys :facepalm

Get over yourself lezbo. Quit hating on men already. And quit being such a typical white girl attention whore. We want to talk Avengers.

egokiller
05-02-2019, 09:09 PM
Unfortunately they don't adore you back

https://i.chzbgr.com/full/9229344768/h631D47ED/

That image describes perfectly the type of person I was describing here:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13686072&postcount=41

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Bawkish
05-03-2019, 02:32 AM
i have only one nitpick

The one where they easily made their own gauntlet to hold all the stones. In IW, Thanos went to Nidavellir & forced them to made him the gauntlet. This is the place where Mjolnir, Stormbreaker & probably some of the best cosmic weapons in the universe were made. Thanos knew that only their work was worthy enough to stabilize & weaponize all the stones together. In Endgame, all they did was basically create a gauntlet out of metal and thats it. Even if it's made of vibranium, i believe it cannot hold back the combined powers of all 6 without making a cosmic meltdown or something.

They treat those stones as if they're just "powered up" jewels where in fact those were the most powerful elements in the universe. Seeing Cap carrying them in a briefcase to bring it back really made my head scratch a bit there

sammichoffate
05-03-2019, 10:55 AM
i have only one nitpick

The one where they easily made their own gauntlet to hold all the stones. In IW, Thanos went to Nidavellir & forced them to made him the gauntlet. This is the place where Mjolnir, Stormbreaker & probably some of the best cosmic weapons in the universe were made. Thanos knew that only their work was worthy enough to stabilize & weaponize all the stones together. In Endgame, all they did was basically create a gauntlet out of metal and thats it. Even if it's made of vibranium, i believe it cannot hold back the combined powers of all 6 without making a cosmic meltdown or something.

They treat those stones as if they're just "powered up" jewels where in fact those were the most powerful elements in the universe. Seeing Cap carrying them in a briefcase to bring it back really made my head scratch a bit thereBruce and Tony spent years studying the stones. They also had another genius in Rocket helping them I don't doubt they could create something that could contain the stones. Nick Fury held the Tesseract in the 1st Avengers but it burned him, Loki was able to hold it because he's a God. It's different than using the actual Stone inside.

Real Men Wear Green
05-03-2019, 11:28 AM
The more energy required to do something the harder it is on the wielder. All Cap was doing was carrying them in a suitcase and we saw regular humans carry them in something else (like the staff or cube) without using them. Cap is enhanced by the soldier serum, has the case to hold them and doesn't use them.

Meticode
05-03-2019, 03:24 PM
i have only one nitpick

They treat those stones as if they're just "powered up" jewels where in fact those were the most powerful elements in the universe. Seeing Cap carrying them in a briefcase to bring it back really made my head scratch a bit there
That didn't bother me at all. Tony and Bruce studied two or three of the stones for years along with Thor's knowledge of them and Bruce, Tony and Rocket's intelligence to make something stable would've been plausible.

Also when Tony created the new element in Iron Man 2 from the clues his father left, which he would later use to make a stable replacement for palladium in his Arc Core, it's hinted and assumed that the element itself came from The Tesseract (Space Stone).

Meticode
05-03-2019, 03:30 PM
Bruce and Tony spent years studying the stones. They also had another genius in Rocket helping them I don't doubt they could create something that could contain the stones. Nick Fury held the Tesseract in the 1st Avengers but it burned him, Loki was able to hold it because he's a God. It's different than using the actual Stone inside.
Actually I think it burned Nick not because he wasn't super human, but because it was active I believe. When it's active it heats up, and I remember one of the scientist saying that in order to even get it active you have to heat it up to like 9000 kelvin or something like that. It might've been in the first Avengers movie.

Similar to Captain America: The First Avenger...The Red Skull holds it in his hands once or twice and it doesn't burn him. At the end it banishes him to Vormir to guard the Soul Stone. After he disappears Cap looks at the Teressact and it's so hot that it melts through the body of the plane.

So I think it burns people because it's super hot when it's active. Which is why it could be carried in a suit cases in the past or be held by some people, then other times it's melting shit because it's activated.

When Loki travels through the portal in the beginning from it, he's steaming and hot with fumes coming off of him.

sammichoffate
05-03-2019, 05:18 PM
Actually I think it burned Nick not because he wasn't super human, but because it was active I believe. When it's active it heats up, and I remember one of the scientist saying that in order to even get it active you have to heat it up to like 9000 kelvin or something like that. It might've been in the first Avengers movie.

Similar to Captain America: The First Avenger...The Red Skull holds it in his hands once or twice and it doesn't burn him. At the end it banishes him to Vormir to guard the Soul Stone. After he disappears Cap looks at the Teressact and it's so hot that it melts through the body of the plane.

So I think it burns people because it's super hot when it's active. Which is why it could be carried in a suit cases in the past or be held by some people, then other times it's melting shit because it's activated.

When Loki travels through the portal in the beginning from it, he's steaming and hot with fumes coming off of him.I agree with all of this, makes sense. It's been a while since I've seen those movies so I cudnt remember too much.

MJistheGOAT
05-05-2019, 01:37 AM
Infinity war: 9.5/10
Endgame: 9/10

Both together as a big movie with 2 chapters??? 9.9/10

bullettooth
05-12-2019, 12:30 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-Force

insidehoops
05-14-2019, 10:41 PM
Think I'll go see it again this week.

But first, will rewatch Infinity War just once more while it's still on Netflix

nayte
05-16-2019, 05:08 AM
Finally watched it and didn't get spoiled cause I don't really social media and meh not really impressed. To much boring shit. Like I care about stark meeting his dad etc.

insidehoops
05-17-2019, 10:10 PM
Think I'll see it again Mon or Tue afternoon

Lebron23
11-20-2019, 02:30 PM
Best Super Hero movie since the Dark Knight Rises.

Meticode
11-20-2019, 05:51 PM
Best Super Hero movie since the Dark Knight Rises.
I preferred The Dark Knight.

1987_Lakers
11-20-2019, 06:10 PM
I don't understand how grown men like movies like these.

Meticode
11-20-2019, 06:16 PM
What's being a grown man have to do with anything? People often like things they grew up being entertained by. Nostalgia. Don't judge. These movies lasted the course of 11 years. And before that I grew up on Batman as a young boy.

Facepalm
11-20-2019, 06:19 PM
You must be fun at parties

Meticode
11-20-2019, 06:23 PM
You must be fun at parties
Hipsters usually are at Hipster parties.

insidehoops
02-24-2020, 03:02 PM
Time to watch the last two Avengers movies again. Just because.

Derka
02-24-2020, 03:04 PM
Time to watch the last two Avengers movies again. Just because.

My wife and I did Infinity War and Endgame yesterday for like the third time because the weather was crap. Totally worth it.