PDA

View Full Version : Between Lillard and Kyrie, who you got?

STATUTORY
04-24-2019, 02:53 PM
two of the most exciting players to watch in the league today, both carrying the Mamba banner forward to the new generation. I think Kyrie is the better player but Lillard is much more judicious with his handles and Kyrie can overdribble at times

Smoke117
04-24-2019, 02:55 PM
It's basically a wash as far as impact. I'd probably rather have Lillard, though, as he's less prone to over dribbling.

lilteapot
04-24-2019, 02:58 PM
Kyrie

tpols
04-24-2019, 03:13 PM
Along with chef, the top three point guards in the league.

Its crazy to think you'd be laughed off the forum for taking them over Westbrook a year or two ago. I caught flak for that...

As relates to OP

I'd take dame by a hair because he can keep up the pace for longer. I don't think kyrie could lead 3 seeds out west with no all stars, but he could match or exceed him in playoff performance.

STATUTORY
04-24-2019, 03:25 PM

Its crazy to think you'd be laughed off the forum for taking them over Westbrook a year or two ago. I caught flak for that...

As relates to OP

I'd take dame by a hair because he can keep up the pace for longer. I don't think kyrie could lead 3 seeds out west with no all stars, but he could match or exceed him in playoff performance.

Dame seems to have a much more consistent 3 point shot to me than Kyrie, but maybe there's some recency bias here

imdaman99
04-24-2019, 03:26 PM
I'll take Kyrie. He hasn't been embarrassed in the playoffs the way Lillard was last year against the Pelicans.

Stephonit
04-24-2019, 03:28 PM
Dame seems to have a much more consistent 3 point shot to me than Kyrie, but maybe there's some recency bias here

I thought Kyrie had the higher 3pt%.

NBASTATMAN
04-24-2019, 03:41 PM
As far as impact you have to go with DAME.. He has led Portland year in and year out.. Kyrie is a better one on one player but as far as impact he isnt on LIllard level..

And1AllDay
04-24-2019, 03:42 PM
As far as impact you have to go with DAME.. He has led Portland year in and year out.. Kyrie is a better one on one player but as far as impact he isnt on LIllard level..

True becos Trailblazers got swept in 1st round with Dame last year but Boston was 1 game away from Finals without Kyrie

dazzer87
04-24-2019, 04:18 PM
the guy with the game winning shot to win game 7 of the finals.

ArbitraryWater
04-24-2019, 04:20 PM

As relates to OP

its still stupid if you'd mean it for any year until this one

bizil
04-24-2019, 04:52 PM
Damn you could either way on this one. For me, I would go slightly Kyrie. Because in my opinion, he has the best scoring skillset EVER at the PG. And from there, he has the best handles ever as well. But once again, u could go either way.

Smook A.
04-24-2019, 04:59 PM
I'll take Kyrie. He hasn't been embarrassed in the playoffs the way Lillard was last year against the Pelicans.
True, but Lillard also never got to play alongside LeBron. Who knows how Kyrie's playoff career might've turned out if LeBron had never joined him.

tpols
04-24-2019, 05:05 PM
True, but Lillard also never got to play alongside LeBron. Who knows how Kyrie's playoff career might've turned out if LeBron had never joined him.

Right...kyrie is struggling in the playoffs without LeBron as we type.

red1
04-24-2019, 05:05 PM
kyrie already did his thing in the finals. lillard is a similar-tier player just have to give kyrie his props.

Smook A.
04-24-2019, 05:23 PM
Right...kyrie is struggling in the playoffs without LeBron as we type.
I'm talking about the period between 2015-2017. Key words are "might've turned out". Read my post again

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
04-24-2019, 06:38 PM
Kyrie until proven otherwise.

Got a hunch this is his year. At least up until the finals *shrugs*

egokiller
04-24-2019, 06:41 PM
Kyrie shot 71% on 41 points in a finals game against a 73 win team as a 2nd option while having to constantly defer so that "the first option" could get his also and drop 41 in the same game.

I don't think I've ever seen someone have so much help in a finals game out of one player. History was made during that game 5 in 2016.

Kyrie is on a whole different level that Lillard.

ImKobe
04-24-2019, 06:49 PM
Irving does a lot more than just score. He's a better shooter, ballhandler & playmaker. On top of all that, he's also become a good defender and a much better team player than I expected. He doesn't need to score at such a high volume to beat an average team in Indiana, but he showed his ability when they needed him to close it out. Over 3:1 AST-TO ratio while Lillard as a "point guard" averaged 6 ast to 4.4 TOs.

plowking
04-24-2019, 07:03 PM
Lillard comfortably.

And1AllDay
04-24-2019, 08:09 PM
Kyrie shot 71% on 41 points in a finals game against a 73 win team as a 2nd option while having to constantly defer so that "the first option" could get his also and drop 41 in the same game.

I don't think I've ever seen someone have so much help in a finals game out of one player. History was made during that game 5 in 2016.

Kyrie is on a whole different level that Lillard.

Yeah bruh accept that in game 6 Bron dropped the best finals in in history :oldlol:

I know you seen the pic but if not here it is

https://i.postimg.cc/Hkh2X232/GmScore_Rank_updated.jpg

Game 6 2016 finals highest #1 ranked Game Score in NBA history :oldlol:

Caught

StrongLurk
04-24-2019, 08:22 PM
Kyrie slightly

SamuraiSWISH
04-24-2019, 08:38 PM
Damn you could either way on this one. For me, I would go slightly Kyrie. Because in my opinion, he has the best scoring skillset EVER at the PG. And from there, he has the best handles ever as well. But once again, u could go either way.
I agree with all of this.

And like OP states, Dame is more judicious with his handle, Kyrie prone to over dribbling and Lillard has much superior consistency from ridiculous range. The only player in the game with more, being Stephen Curry.

But I think Kyrie is a cunthair of a better player, maybe not for an entire season, but definitely in a single game or a playoff series.

Even though it was a knock on him, I feel like he

jbryan1984
04-24-2019, 09:13 PM
I truly think it's about as big of a wash as it comes.

FatComputerNerd
04-24-2019, 09:23 PM
:biggums: