PDA

View Full Version : KD is CLEARLY the best player in the NBA

StrongLurk
04-25-2019, 11:35 AM
People want to just ignore he exists because of the Lebron fanfair and the fact that Durant went to the Warriors.

Durant has been at his peak and Lebron is old AF now. Durant actually managed to essentially play Lebron equally in the 2017/2018 Finals. I mean, imagine if it was Kobe who put up 35/8/5 or 28/10/7 on crazy efficiency in the finals? You wouldn't hear the end of it. But people just want to act like Durant doesn't exist.

Think about it, how many all time greats age 34 or older (Lebron's age) would you take over peak Durant? Maybe MJ? I can't think of anyone else.

Peak Durant is a top 15 player off all time and you could easily argue higher. Dude has been a killing machine at scoring since 21.

And1AllDay
04-25-2019, 11:37 AM
Funny how he joins a 73 win team and starts winning very amazing who would have guessed.

Jamie pull up the 2012 Finals and 2014 and 2016 playoffs please

SouBeachTalents
04-25-2019, 11:37 AM
He probably is, he'd have as strong an argument as anyone else. Clearly though? Unless he really separates himself this postseason, nah. Shaq in 2000 is clear, Durant is obv not on that level of separation

superduper
04-25-2019, 11:38 AM
KD is nowhere near the best player in the NBA. Doesn't matter what he does on the most stacked team in the world. He needs to go to a team that is his own and prove himself. That is the only way he would even be in contension for best in the league.

Until then, he simply owns Bran's soul.

Manny98
04-25-2019, 11:41 AM
Not cleary as you said LeBron played him equally in the 2017/18 finals despite LeBron having a worse cast and garning more defensive attention.

Healthy LeBron is as good as anyone i don't care what anyone says

Hey Yo
04-25-2019, 11:41 AM
KD is nowhere near the best player in the NBA. Doesn't matter what he does on the most stacked team in the world. He needs to go to a team that is his own and prove himself. That is the only way he would even be in contension for best in the league.

:facepalm :facepalm

so dumb

And1AllDay
04-25-2019, 11:42 AM
Jamie pull up 2012 finals and 2014 and 2016 playoffs for KD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrG89-pOBYI

https://i.postimg.cc/sX2Pd97y/Jamie-pull-up.png

Manny98
04-25-2019, 11:42 AM

He doesn't own shit LeBron was whooping KDs ass before he joined the Warriors

StrongLurk
04-25-2019, 11:44 AM
He probably is, he'd have as strong an argument as anyone else. Clearly though? Unless he really separates himself this postseason, nah. Shaq in 2000 is clear, Durant is obv not on that level of separation

KD was just as dominant in the 2017 finals and maybe 2018 finals as 2000 Shaq.

35/8/5 on 70%TS in 2017?

Game 3 in 2018 Finals was one of the best finals performances since 2000.

And1AllDay
04-25-2019, 11:45 AM
Not cleary as you said LeBron played him equally in the 2017/18 finals despite LeBron having a worse cast and garning more defensive attention.

Healthy LeBron is as good as anyone i don't care what anyone says

Plus dont forget who the defensive assignments were

Bron facing Dray, Klay, Iggy, KD

KD facing Bron and...Tristin Thompson? :oldlol:

superduper
04-25-2019, 11:46 AM
He doesn't own shit LeBron was whooping KDs ass before he joined the Warriors

And everyone was whooping Bran's ass before he colluded to multiple superteams.

Gotta apply logic both ways, otherwise it's just delusion.

And1AllDay
04-25-2019, 11:47 AM

35/8/5 on 70%TS in 2017?

Since 2000? Since forever :oldlol: since 1980 at least

https://i.postimg.cc/8k9R9v5Q/bronstaywinning.jpg

4th best all time bruh

SouBeachTalents
04-25-2019, 11:48 AM

35/8/5 on 70%TS in 2017?

That's not what I meant. Shaq in 2000 was an example of a player that was CLEARLY the best player in the league. Durant is definitely not on that level, a lot of people still don't even believe he's clearly the best player on his own team :lol

StrongLurk
04-25-2019, 11:52 AM
That's not what I meant. Shaq in 2000 was an example of a player that was CLEARLY the best player in the league. Durant is definitely not on that level, a lot of people still don't even believe he's clearly the best player on his own team :lol

In the playoffs, there isn't anyone Im taking over KD this year. KD has ALWAYS been number 2 in line once Lebron reached the end/exited his prime.

SpaceJam2
04-25-2019, 11:53 AM
Jamie pull up 2012 finals and 2014 and 2016 playoffs for KD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrG89-pOBYI

https://i.postimg.cc/sX2Pd97y/Jamie-pull-up.png

OP did you pull it up yet? :lol

Lakessss
04-25-2019, 12:00 PM
Jamie, pull out the Lebron vs KD win to loss ratio prior to KD joining the 73 win Warriors.

Warning, this may come as a shock to a lot of people.

ArbitraryWater
04-25-2019, 12:01 PM
Wrong again, junior.

Here's a bdonovan post that might enrichen your basketball experience:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13680556&postcount=482

ArbitraryWater
04-25-2019, 12:02 PM
And everyone was whooping Bran's ass before he colluded to multiple superteams.

Gotta apply logic both ways, otherwise it's just delusion.

except, LeBron was outplaying everyone on trash teams and solid teams

StrongLurk
04-25-2019, 12:08 PM
Jamie, pull out the Lebron vs KD win to loss ratio prior to KD joining the 73 win Warriors.

Really? No context at all? Just win/loss?

Pathetic, hell I'm also CLEARLY talking about this year.

See this is what I mean. Anytime I mention KD, people SCRAMBLE on this board. Like they want to forget about him.

SpaceJam2
04-25-2019, 12:09 PM

:eek: Wow

https://i.postimg.cc/C1ByN2Jf/Lpllplplplpl.jpg

SpaceJam2
04-25-2019, 12:10 PM
Really? No context at all? Just win/loss?

Pathetic, hell I'm also CLEARLY talking about this year.

See this is what I mean. Anytime I mention KD, people SCRAMBLE on this board. Like they want to forget about him.

Did you even watch 2016?

Follow up: Do you admit LeBron was better in 2016 and obviously 2017 if KD had to join the team that whooped him?

StrongLurk
04-25-2019, 12:19 PM
Did you even watch 2016?

Follow up: Do you admit LeBron was better in 2016 and obviously 2017 if KD had to join the team that whooped him?

Dude you are a garbage ALT poster and you should kill yourself.

None of your posts have had ANY relevance to what is going on this year.

SpaceJam2
04-25-2019, 12:39 PM
Dude you are a garbage ALT poster and you should kill yourself.

None of your posts have had ANY relevance to what is going on this year.

Seek help

StrongLurk
04-25-2019, 03:11 PM
Seek help

Again, you have nothing relevant to say about my OP or about this year.

You are just another ALT created by someone who needs to troll to feel better about themselves.

Walk on Water
04-25-2019, 03:19 PM
KD is not.

Not only has he lost ground in ppg scoring vs Lebron, but Curry has outscored him the last 3 years.

SpaceJam2
04-25-2019, 03:20 PM
Again, you have nothing relevant to say about my OP or about this year.

You are just another ALT created by someone who needs to troll to feel better about themselves.

Touchy subject?

Sorry :(

Detroit
04-25-2019, 03:26 PM
Facts, KD has been the best player in the NBA for a few years now.

So what he joined the Warriors, he carried that thunder team all that he could and there was Russ to run them into ground every time. He needed to get out of that toxic situation and focus on team basketball. Russ never gave him the greenlight to be the #1 option and accepted the role that he's a lesser player than KD. Yet when KD joined the Warriors it was unanimous that he was the best player on the team and Curry comes second even though it was Curry's team.

Yeah russ averaged triple doubles 3 years, but he also managed a first round exit in those 3 years:applause:

Walk on Water
04-25-2019, 03:27 PM
Facts, KD has been the best player in the NBA for a few years now.

So what he joined the Warriors, he carried that thunder team all that he could and there was Russ to run them into ground every time. He needed to get out of that toxic situation and focus on team basketball. Russ never gave him the greenlight to be the #1 option and accepted the role that he's a lesser player than KD. Yet when KD joined the Warriors it was unanimous that he was the best player on the team and Curry comes second even though it was Curry's team.

Yeah russ averaged triple doubles 3 years, but he also managed a first round exit in those 3 years:applause:

Uhh no.

Curry has averaged more points a game than Durant the last 3 years while playing together.

And has a much higher winning percentage

StrongLurk
04-25-2019, 09:59 PM
KD is not.

Not only has he lost ground in ppg scoring vs Lebron, but Curry has outscored him the last 3 years.

KD has been better overall in the playoffs and finals.

Don't get me wrong though, I think Curry has been a top 3-4 player since 2016.

DMAVS41
04-26-2019, 11:07 AM
Can't say "clearly" by any means given his circumstances.

Maybe he is and he's gotten a lot better as a player over the last 3 years...or he could just be thriving in literally the perfect circumstances for him as a player.

All one can say accurately about KD is that he's an all time great player...exactly how great is a tough question to answer considering almost no players in history had even close to as good of a team situation right in the heart of their primes relative to the league.

BallsOut
04-26-2019, 11:33 AM
All one can say accurately about KD is that he's an all time great player...exactly how great is a tough question to answer considering almost no players in history had even close to as good of a team situation right in the heart of their primes relative to the league.

LeBron / Wade / Bosh

LeBron / Kyrie / Love

KD one upped LeBron at his own game. Haters be thinking he was the pioneer when LeBron started the superteam era of 1st option players in their primes colluding on one team.

:lebronamazed:

GimmeThat
04-26-2019, 11:34 AM
if a player on a 57 win team is the best player in the NBA. coaches playoff experience will matter the most this year. with another top 10 player being out of the playoff picture, the variance from regular season to playoff would most likely be positive.

again, an effect from the MLE.

SouBeachTalents
04-26-2019, 11:36 AM
LeBron / Wade / Bosh

LeBron / Kyrie / Love

KD one upped LeBron at his own game. Haters be thinking he was the pioneer when LeBron started the superteam era of 1st option players in their primes colluding on one team.

This dude too stupid to see he's agreeing with DMAVS' point :lol

StrongLurk
04-26-2019, 11:41 AM
Can't say "clearly" by any means given his circumstances.

Maybe he is and he's gotten a lot better as a player over the last 3 years...or he could just be thriving in literally the perfect circumstances for him as a player.

You could also look at the fact that Durant might be the best player/3 peat on finals MVPS on the MOST STACKED TEAM OF ALL TIME.

I agree that Durant is basically the same player he has always been, he has gotten slightly more versatile/better on the Warriors.

Thing is...KD being the best player in the league has more to do with Lebron's regression than KD's ascension.

That's why I asked how many 34 year old or older all time greats would you take over peak Durant? Guys like Bird/Magic were already done with their careers, Kobe/Duncan/Kareem/Shaq declined, etc. MJ at 34 and older is the only guy who I'd maybe take over peak Durant.

DMAVS41
04-26-2019, 12:06 PM
LeBron / Wade / Bosh

LeBron / Kyrie / Love

Yea, that makes my point.

DMAVS41
04-26-2019, 12:08 PM
You could also look at the fact that Durant might be the best player/3 peat on finals MVPS on the MOST STACKED TEAM OF ALL TIME.

I agree that Durant is basically the same player he has always been, he has gotten slightly more versatile/better on the Warriors.

Thing is...KD being the best player in the league has more to do with Lebron's regression than KD's ascension.

That's why I asked how many 34 year old or older all time greats would you take over peak Durant? Guys like Bird/Magic were already done with their careers, Kobe/Duncan/Kareem/Shaq declined, etc. MJ at 34 and older is the only guy who I'd maybe take over peak Durant.

Well, then I don't think you can argue him as "clearly" the best player in the league when you have guys like Harden, Russ, and Giannis in the league.

KD as "basically the same player he used to be" just isn't clearly better than guys like that imo.

SamuraiSWISH
04-26-2019, 12:22 PM
With LeBron on the significant decline, not even being capable of being in the playoffs at age 34.

You’re absolutely right OP.

Been saying that all year, and post season.

He’s still easily better than Giannis, Harden, etc which is why him being on GS for the past three seasons is so frustrating.

Ref season is where you make your name, playoffs is where you make your fame.

The best way to remove bias, when evaluating who the best is ... is if you had to put a surreal movie scenario of putting together a real life team to face alien space jam esque invaders.

With all of humanity on the line.

Who is the first player and subsequent ones in the league you’re taking on your basketball Avengers team to save your own existence?

1) KD
2) LeBron (even still)
3) Giannis
4) Leonard
5) Harden

Then for me ... A. Davis, Curry, Kyrie, Dame, Klay, Embiid, CP3

KD as "basically the same player he used to be" just isn't clearly better than guys like that imo.
KD is clearly the best basketball player remaining in these playoffs and with LeBron’s decline ... to anyone who understands what they’re watching.

It’s just his unfair scenario surrounding him which potentially blurred the perspective of that because of how many great players he’s surrounded with.

SouBeachTalents
04-26-2019, 12:30 PM
Well, then I don't think you can argue him as "clearly" the best player in the league when you have guys like Harden, Russ, and Giannis in the league.

That's a point the OP just won't see. Durant probably is the best player in the league, but acting like he's head and shoulders above everybody else is where he's wrong

raprap
04-26-2019, 12:31 PM
He is. I could see the argument for Giannis though. That guy is a beast

ImKobe
04-26-2019, 12:31 PM
KD is clearly the best player in the league at this point. Him being on the Warriors shouldn't matter when we're talking about individual talent and ability to show up in the Playoffs.

He's been consistent since 2012 and continues to show up in the Playoffs year after year. He outplayed Harden and Lebron H2H last year and right now he's putting up 32 ppg on ~71%TS in the first round.

Giannis is the only real argument right now, but this is Greek Freak's first season out of the first round, let's see if he can get past Boston & Philly/Toronto as a favorite.

SpaceJam2
04-26-2019, 12:34 PM
LeBron / Wade / Bosh

LeBron / Kyrie / Love

Lol Wade was prime for 1 year (2011) and lol @ Bosh

SpaceJam2
04-26-2019, 12:34 PM
KD is clearly the best player in the league at this point. Him being on the Warriors shouldn't matter when we're talking about individual talent and ability to show up in the Playoffs.

He's been consistent since 2012 and continues to show up in the Playoffs year after year. He outplayed Harden and Lebron H2H last year and right now he's putting up 32 ppg on ~71%TS in the first round.

Giannis is the only real argument right now, but this is Greek Freak's first season out of the first round, let's see if he can get past Boston & Philly/Toronto as a favorite.

2014 vs Grizzlies :(

SamuraiSWISH
04-26-2019, 12:37 PM
Lol Wade was prime for 1 year (2011) and lol @ Bosh
Not true.

He was literally every bit as great as LeBron the first year in 2011. This is proven in the stats and playoff production, etc

Took a deliberate step back in 2012, not a natural regression the second year. And was still in his prime through that long winning streak in 2013 before he got some nagging injuries ending that season headed into the playoffs.

ImKobe
04-26-2019, 12:49 PM
2014 vs Grizzlies :(

Lebron's had worse series than 30/10/3 1.6 blk on 54%TS.

SamuraiSWISH
04-26-2019, 12:59 PM
Tough, physical, quality Chicago defenders irritate the hell out of Kevin Durant. Patrick Beverley, and Tony Allen are his kryptonite. I’ve seen CP3 lock his ass up too

DMAVS41
04-26-2019, 02:47 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]With LeBron on the significant decline, not even being capable of being in the playoffs at age 34.

You

ArbitraryWater
04-26-2019, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Tough, physical, quality Chicago defenders irritate the hell out of Kevin Durant. Patrick Beverley, and Tony Allen are his kryptonite. I

AlternativeAcc.
04-26-2019, 03:43 PM

LeBron is the only real argument right now
/thread.

plowking
04-26-2019, 05:54 PM
I'd take Curry over KD.

Seems like teams think the same way too since they let Durant roam free and Curry is the one getting two guys running after him.

AirFederer
04-26-2019, 06:01 PM
I'd take Curry over KD.

Seems like teams think the same way too since they let Durant roam free and Curry is the one getting two guys running after him.
:cheers:

StrongLurk
04-26-2019, 11:13 PM
Bump.

I'm telling you, KD is on peak Kobe/Bird level. People can deny it, but he WILL be raising a THIRD FMVP trophy in a row this year.

38 points AT HALF.

Atlantis
04-26-2019, 11:16 PM
Bump.

I'm telling you, KD is on peak Kobe/Bird level. People can deny it, but he WILL be raising a THIRD FMVP trophy in a row this year.

38 points AT HALF.

:applause: :bowdown:

game3524
04-26-2019, 11:20 PM
It has been obvious all year.

StrongLurk
04-26-2019, 11:20 PM
:applause: :bowdown:

Like I said in the OP yesterday, people want to ignore KD exists. I get why since the Warriors are so stacked...but KD is an all time great regardless, could definitely end up top 10 and pass guys like Hakeem and Bird, maybe even Kobe.

BigShotBob
04-26-2019, 11:58 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Tough, physical, quality Chicago defenders irritate the hell out of Kevin Durant. Patrick Beverley, and Tony Allen are his kryptonite. I

Mr.GOAT2408
04-27-2019, 12:03 AM
I don't understand why anyone thinks Curry is the better player, Durant is taking some insanely difficult shots yet he's making them. Curry gets more off-ball attention but he's taking open jumpers most of the time.

Durant is something else, that 6'11 height and length makes him unguardable. Yeah he's not a leader, he's not the best playmaker, there are flaws but I'll take what he brings over most guys in league history

Looking forward to seeing KD vs Giannis in the finals, the 2 best players in the league :rockon:

fourkicks44
04-27-2019, 01:31 AM
Let's not diverge from the fact they are apparently 'the greatest team of all time', dropped two games to the 8th seed in the playoffs.

He is at that stage he needs to take the critisism and respond like he did.

But gee.....

Vulnerability to younger, hungerier teams is at a high.

I don't feel like tonight's performance is to be celebrated.

nayte
04-27-2019, 01:41 AM
I'd take Curry over KD.

This im not sure how its not seen.

RoseCity07
04-27-2019, 01:49 AM
No one that plays next to 4 all-stars is getting my vote for best player. I don't care what they do.

Mr.GOAT2408
04-27-2019, 01:57 AM
This im not sure how its not seen.
I'm amazed that people don't see the shots KD takes :wtf:

Curry getting these wide open looks off screens for most of his points, if he does anything else it's often with the game out of reach

Even the layups are iso situations, his gravity is mostly off ball action not on ball

I can assure you the guy capable of going for 50 and with 4 scoring titles isn't being lightly guarded

SpaceJam2
04-27-2019, 02:07 AM

Curry getting these wide open looks off screens for most of his points, if he does anything else it's often with the game out of reach

Even the layups are iso situations, his gravity is mostly off ball action not on ball

I can assure you the guy capable of going for 50 and with 4 scoring titles isn't being lightly guarded

I'm surprised Kenny is talking this much good about KD for at least two reasons

1.) Curry is very similar to Kobe so you're sort of bashing Kobe, too
2.) Durant will pass 12be soon if he keeps getting hype

plowking
04-27-2019, 04:38 AM
Bump.

38 points AT HALF.

I was gonna be a turd and say it was all open shots without watching any highlights.

But then... I watched the highlights... :oldlol:

He actually barely gets any attention. :oldlol:

Mr.GOAT2408
04-27-2019, 06:07 AM
I'm surprised Kenny is talking this much good about KD for at least two reasons

1.) Curry is very similar to Kobe so you're sort of bashing Kobe, too
2.) Durant will pass 12be soon if he keeps getting hype
I can see why he does, Durant plays a lot like late 2000s Kobe. Not too ball-dominant, no real skillset weakness, iso scorer, turns up in postseason.

I'm not Kenny if that's what you're aiming at considering I don't think that highly of Bird or Hakeem like he does, I don't even think of Kobe as high as he does. I'm a Giannis stan as well :facepalm

You know Curry and Kobe play a different brand of basketball :coleman:

Boy your IQ is lower than your posts per day :facepalm

AlternativeAcc.
04-27-2019, 01:40 PM

BBBBingo

It's curry who gets his stats off open looks and garbage time

Durant gets NO open looks in the Warriors offense.. zilch.. he's the one getting doubled with the ball and opening up the court for Iggy to get a wideopen layup or Klay a wide open 3

DURANT is the real gravitational force (and big time shot maker)

You have a high IQ bro :cheers:

SpaceJam2
04-27-2019, 02:32 PM
I can see why he does, Durant plays a lot like late 2000s Kobe. Not too ball-dominant, no real skillset weakness, iso scorer, turns up in postseason.

I'm not Kenny if that's what you're aiming at considering I don't think that highly of Bird or Hakeem like he does, I don't even think of Kobe as high as he does. I'm a Giannis stan as well :facepalm

You know Curry and Kobe play a different brand of basketball :coleman:

Boy your IQ is lower than your posts per day :facepalm

:roll:

Okayyyyy suuuure :lol

RRR3
04-27-2019, 02:35 PM
Kobe “not ball dominant” lmao

SamuraiSWISH
04-27-2019, 03:37 PM
Kobe wasn’t a super ball dominant or time of possession player.

Not like LeBron, Wade, Westbrick, Harden levels as a wing and their time of possession and usage rate.

Not even close really.

Those guys for long prolonged stretches of their career had the ball in their hands nearly all the time. Thus the absurd well rounded stat lines and some hollow assists here and there.

Kobe shot a lot. He played primarily in a heavy ball movement and equal opportunity offensive system. There’s a difference.