PDA

View Full Version : Stop over-hyping Lou Williams, he's a slightly worse version of Jason Terry

Kool Boy
04-26-2019, 04:20 PM
There are too many prisoners of the moment. Lou Williams isn't even as good as Jason Terry was. Funny thing is JET didn't even retire that long ago. In his prime JET was faster, stronger, more athletic, a better passer, a better defender, and a better shooter than Lou. If JET was the #1 option like Lou, he would have average 20+ easy.

FKAri
04-26-2019, 04:27 PM
JT was a better catch and shoot and especially pull up midrange shooter. But Lou Will can attack the basket, draw fouls and wreak havoc in the paint in ways JT couldn't.

ArbitraryWater
04-26-2019, 04:28 PM
what are you blabbering about?

Lou can get and gets hotter than Jet could, and is a better dribbler... Jet was more consistent.

both nice 6th men

JT was a better catch and shoot and especially pull up midrange shooter. But Lou Will can attack the basket, draw fouls and wreak havoc in the paint in ways JT couldn't.

yea

FreezingTsmoove
04-26-2019, 04:29 PM
People forget Lebron and the Heat were up big in game 6 of the finals until Jet checked in off the bench :lol

qrich
04-26-2019, 04:33 PM
Huh?

Lou is a better scorer and handler than Jet. Terry is the better defender, but that's where it ends.

SouBeachTalents
04-26-2019, 04:35 PM
People forget Lebron and the Heat were up big in game 6 of the finals until Jet checked in off the bench :lol
The Heat were up 6 in the 1st quarter when Terry checked in :lol

Kool Boy
04-26-2019, 04:42 PM

Did you even watch JET play? He was quick/fast enough to get the basket whenever he wanted. He also played in a more physical league where he couldn't draw as many fouls.

ArbitraryWater
04-26-2019, 04:45 PM
Did you even watch JET play? He was quick/fast enough to get the basket whenever he wanted. He also played in a more physical league where he couldn't draw as many fouls.

no, thats actually not JT at all :facepalm

Can you visualize a single play right now in your head where JT dribbles at the top of the key in the half court and beats his man going to the rim?

Kool Boy
04-26-2019, 04:58 PM
no, thats actually not JT at all :facepalm

Can you visualize a single play right now in your head where JT dribbles at the top of the key in the half court and beats his man going to the rim?
I actually can, been a JET fan since I was 10.

ArbitraryWater
04-26-2019, 05:37 PM
I actually can, been a JET fan since I was 10.

yea, it's not hard to miss your fanboyism here

SpaceJam2
04-26-2019, 05:42 PM
The Heat were up 6 in the 1st quarter when Terry checked in :lol

Bodied :lol :lol

DMAVS41
04-26-2019, 07:44 PM
what are you blabbering about?

Lou can get and gets hotter than Jet could, and is a better dribbler... Jet was more consistent.

both nice 6th men

yea

I think Lou would be a lot more consistent if he was playing 30 minutes a game with prime Dirk on his team.

The EV of the kind of shots Lou would get out of that action would go up a considerable margin vs whatever he's had in his career.

ArbitraryWater
04-26-2019, 07:55 PM
I think Lou would be a lot more consistent if he was playing 30 minutes a game with prime Dirk on his team.

The EV of the kind of shots Lou would get out of that action would go up a considerable margin vs whatever he's had in his career.

yeah, I just wanted to throw Jet a bone here.

Atlantis
04-26-2019, 08:48 PM
It

tpols
04-26-2019, 09:23 PM

They were up by 15 in the 4th quarter of game 2, until da Jet turned on his afterburners and flipped the series.

LAmbruh
04-26-2019, 09:25 PM
Crazy how Kobe couldn't win 18 games with Lou, D'lo and Randle

Worst record in Lakers franchise history, breaking the one from a year prior

scuzzy
04-26-2019, 09:34 PM

They literally had a playoff contender, all they needed to do was cut Kobe and spread his 20 shots between Lou and Russell

nope 4 year farewell circus must go on, 17 wins :lol

warriorfan
04-26-2019, 09:36 PM
Op has a point. Jason Terry outscored LeBron even with less minutes played during the 2011 Finals.

LAmbruh
04-26-2019, 09:40 PM
They literally had a playoff contender, all they needed to do was cut Kobe and spread his 20 shots between Lou and Russell

nope 4 year farewell circus must go on, 17 wins :lol
it's no surprise he begged to be traded mid season and I don't blame him

now he's flourishing on a balanced team and locking up Curry in the first round :applause:

scuzzy
04-26-2019, 09:47 PM

now he's flourishing on a balanced team and locking up Curry in the first round :applause:
35 points off the bench, straight jizzing in his face

humiliating

egokiller
04-26-2019, 10:37 PM
There are too many prisoners of the moment. Lou Williams isn't even as good as Jason Terry was. Funny thing is JET didn't even retire that long ago. In his prime JET was faster, stronger, more athletic, a better passer, a better defender, and a better shooter than Lou. If JET was the #1 option like Lou, he would have average 20+ easy.

Lou Williams looks good in this league because the rules are such that you can hardly play any defense. A prime JET shits all over him in this cupcake league. :applause:

superduper
04-26-2019, 10:50 PM
Op has a point. Jason Terry outscored LeBron even with less minutes played during the 2011 Finals.

Lou Williams has taken 2 games vs the exact same team that swept LeGOAT in historical fashion. Let that sink in.

Both Jason Terry and Lou Williams are more impactful than LeGOAT :eek:

RRR3
04-26-2019, 10:58 PM
Li’l superduperdumb begging for attention.

And1AllDay
04-26-2019, 11:03 PM

Damn my boy Kobe really set the record back to back worst wins for our Franchise :(

And1AllDay
04-26-2019, 11:04 PM

Cant deny fax :applause:

LAmbruh
04-26-2019, 11:06 PM
Damn my boy Kobe really set the record back to back worst wins for our Franchise :(
led Lakers 3 years in a row to worst franchise record

individual wise: most FGA missed all time

egokiller
04-26-2019, 11:06 PM
Lou Williams has taken 2 games vs the exact same team that swept LeGOAT in historical fashion. Let that sink in.

Both Jason Terry and Lou Williams are more impactful than LeGOAT :eek:

It's not hard to be more impactful than a 6 time finals loser.

Josh Gad said so.