PDA

View Full Version : Why would kd go to the Knicks?

bison
04-27-2019, 01:53 PM
It

lilteapot
04-27-2019, 02:00 PM
It’s a fetid organization run by crooks who don’t know shit about basketball.

Speaking of basketball, even if you added kyrie, it’s a front loaded roster back ended by a bunch of scrubs. Yea KD might average 39 ppg with them but would also likely be first round ejection fodder. Lebron proved this season that you can’t make the playoffs by putting lipstick on a pig.

Also who would leave the league centerpiece Golden State Warriors for the east coast clippers? Maybe kd has business and family ventures out there but this dude ain’t 39 years old like lebron. So really the best bet is the guy re-signs with warriors right?

Your perception of the Knicks is not the same as what their current reality is.

This is the most competent front office we've had in probably over a decade. Dolan is as uninvolved as ever, we've got a coach players love to play for, and we're a bigger market than the Clippers.

Lebron proved you can't make the playoffs in the WEST with a shitty squad. In the East it's a different animal.

I also like how he fits on the Knicks better than with the Clippers; DSJ is an explosive point guard who is a more willing passer than westbrook (not saying much), if he wants to mentor someone he can mentor Knox, and he doesn't have to worry about having to block shots since we've got Robinson, and DJ too since he seems to be willing to sign for less.

If it's true that he wants to "prove" something, which I don't really believe, but if it is true what better way to prove it by elevating a lowly team like the Knicks? He wins a title there he's propelled into the GOAT conversation.

That said I think he's most likely going to stay in Golden State, and I think the Clippers are our only other serious competitor in FA since they already have a young core that's primed for a deep playoff run if they happen to get KD.