PDA

View Full Version : This years playoffs are exposing most of your favorite players

Bronbron23
04-29-2019, 12:18 PM
Harden, Westbrook, Russell, Steph, Simmons, Greek, klay. They are all worse in the post season compared to the regular season. Kd and kawhi are the only ones that haven't been negatively affected by the tougher playoff conditions and who have actually gotten better. I'm on the fence with embiid and Kyrie. Embiid has been hurt a bit so his minutes are limited and Kyrie looks good from the eye test but his stats aren't any better than Steph's who is clearly not playing his best right now. His play hasn't got worse though unlike Steph and almost everyone else.

MJistheGOAT
04-29-2019, 12:20 PM
What about Lillard, Jokic, Siakam.

game3524
04-29-2019, 12:39 PM
Three of the guys you listed can't shoot.

Shooting matters people.

Bronbron23
04-29-2019, 12:45 PM
What about Lillard, Jokic, Siakam. yeah they've definitely stepped up. Not sure about jokic. I don't watch Denver or spurs games very much so I really can't say. I don't like just going by stats so I'll have to take your word for it

Bronbron23
04-29-2019, 12:48 PM
Three of the guys you listed can't shoot.

Shooting matters people.
Yeah most of the guys either can't shoot or have benefitted from regular season slack defences and regular season refereeing.

TheCorporation
04-29-2019, 12:55 PM

No offense to those three but who has them listed as their favorite player?

MJistheGOAT
04-29-2019, 12:56 PM

:roll: good one

At least I ve seen some Jokic fans in ISH.

Bronbron23
04-29-2019, 01:02 PM
I've seen a fair amount of jokic talk. Not much on dame or siakam although I'm assuming you'll see alot more of siakam in the future.

FKAri
04-29-2019, 01:09 PM
Dame's performance thus far is an anomaly. He will be exposed soon enough. In the end the wings will reign supreme, as always. That's just basketball. But Dame did prove that he could outdo Westbrook. Can't take that away from him.

keep-itreal
04-29-2019, 01:11 PM
Harden, Westbrook, Russell, Steph, Simmons, Greek, klay. They are all worse in the post season compared to the regular season. Kd and kawhi are the only ones that haven't been negatively affected by the tougher playoff conditions and who have actually gotten better. I'm on the fence with embiid and Kyrie. Embiid has been hurt a bit so his minutes are limited and Kyrie looks good from the eye test but his stats aren't any better than Steph's who is clearly not playing his best right now. His play hasn't got worse though unlike Steph and almost everyone else.

the guy that hit the game winner in game 7 in the finals and you're on the fence with it:roll:

Bronbron23
04-29-2019, 01:23 PM
the guy that hit the game winner in game 7 in the finals and you're on the fence with it:roll:
Well I'm leaning more towards being in favour of Kyrie but again his numbers don't show him any better than Steph even though the eye test does. I was on the fence because he's not as dominant as a kawhi or kd. They both score a bit more and can ramp it up defensively also. Kyrie's shot making ability in the clutch is unmatched by anyone other than maybe kd though so yeah in hindsight I probably shouldn't be on the fence at all.

ArbitraryWater
04-29-2019, 01:36 PM
Wasnt KD 11/25 last night with 2 spoonfed transition dunks?

Buncha TO's?

Fouling Paul on 3's uncalled?

Didn't raise shit

paksat
04-29-2019, 01:41 PM

lillard is just a chuck artist after looking at his career stats

guy shoots 43% from the field and like 36% from 3

basically he's kobe/iverson without the flash

paksat
04-29-2019, 01:48 PM
Dame's performance thus far is an anomaly. He will be exposed soon enough. In the end the wings will reign supreme, as always. That's just basketball. But Dame did prove that he could outdo Westbrook. Can't take that away from him.

go moar in depth for me, because i'm curious that's why

TheCorporation
04-29-2019, 01:55 PM

In 2016 Russell Westbrook put up better numbers than Kyrie did. Perhaps if Russell Westbrook wasn't playing with a choker like Durant he would have beaten the Warriors like Kyrie did with LeBron

MJistheGOAT
04-29-2019, 01:56 PM
lillard is just a chuck artist after looking at his career stats

guy shoots 43% from the field and like 36% from 3

basically he's kobe/iverson without the flash

I know.

But we are talking about THIS postseason and who stepped up.

Lillard vs OKC: 33p/6a/4.4r/2.4s/0.6b on 46%FG/48%3p/84%FT and the series winner shot, also clearly outplaying Westbrook.

Lillard in regular season: 25.8/6.9/4.6 on 44/36/91

That

FKAri
04-29-2019, 01:58 PM
go moar in depth for me, because i'm curious that's why
First of all, that's what your mom told me last night. Second, what are you curious about? Why I think Dame's performance is anomalous?

paksat
04-29-2019, 02:00 PM
First of all, that's what your mom told me last night. Second, what are you curious about? Why I think Dame's performance is anomalous?

why you think he's gonna get exposed

FKAri
04-29-2019, 02:11 PM
why you think he's gonna get exposed
Exposed is probably the wrong word. I'll say underperform. He's the kind of player who benefits a lot from modern perimeter friendly rules. He struggles vs legit shot blockers and perimeter physicality. The playoffs nowadays in terms of physicality is like the regular season in the 90s. Lucky for him the Nuggets don't have the tools to really slow him down so he has a chance to do really well here.

keep-itreal
04-29-2019, 02:18 PM
Well I'm leaning more towards being in favour of Kyrie but again his numbers don't show him any better than Steph even though the eye test does. I was on the fence because he's not as dominant as a kawhi or kd. They both score a bit more and can ramp it up defensively also. Kyrie's shot making ability in the clutch is unmatched by anyone other than maybe kd though so yeah in hindsight I probably shouldn't be on the fence at all.

russell westbrook averaged triple double against the trailblazers and got bounced in 5 games which clearly shows numbers don't mean everything.

and are you ****ing serious? You don't trust the eye test? Then why watch the games then? Just check the box scores after the game ends to decide who's better according to your dumbass logic

Bronbron23
04-29-2019, 02:28 PM
russell westbrook averaged triple double against the trailblazers and got bounced in 5 games which clearly shows numbers don't mean everything.

and are you ****ing serious? You don't trust the eye test? Then why watch the games then? Just check the box scores after the game ends to decide who's better according to your dumbass logic
It's not one or the other other dummy you use both. Eye test and stats. Chips matter also. I'm a Kyrie fan. The problem with just using the eye test is that there can be bias in it. Sometimes we just see what we wanna see. I'm one of the few on here the put eye test over stats but stats still matter. That's not dumbass logic at all it's actually smart and I'm not surprised that idiot like you wouldn't understand

keep-itreal
04-29-2019, 02:32 PM
It's not one or the other other dummy you use both. Eye test and stats. Chips matter also. I'm a Kyrie fan. The problem with just using the eye test is that there can be bias in it. Sometimes we just see what we wanna see. I'm one of the few on here the put eye test over stats but stats still matter. That's not dumbass logic at all it's actually smart and I'm not surprised that idiot like you wouldn't understand

tthat's your problem, not anyone else's.

SomeBlackDude
04-29-2019, 02:44 PM
been like this since time immemorial.

playoffs start- pace slows down, less "freedom of movement", less foul calls, guys don't get the easy looks they got during the rs.

if rockets-gsw game 1 was transported to a random time in dec or feb, same exact plays with no changes, the beard would've had 25+ ft attempts, put up like 50 pts and hou woulda won by 10+.

but since it's the playoffs refs are like "no blood, no foul".

Bronbron23
04-29-2019, 03:06 PM
tthat's your problem, not anyone else's.
It's just human nature man. Your extremely naive if you don't think favoritism leads to biased decision making.

Smoke117
04-29-2019, 03:09 PM
Nah. All my favorite players are retired and have multiple championships. :pimp: