PDA

View Full Version : Jockic is already better than peak Gasol

Ca$H
04-30-2019, 12:37 PM
Gasol couldn

imdaman99
04-30-2019, 12:40 PM
Jokic is the real deal. Would he better if he was in better shape or does that weight on him help him? :lol

I dunno how he does it playing in that shape in Denver. Hoping he continues to get better :rockon:

Ca$H
04-30-2019, 12:47 PM
Jokic is the real deal. Would he better if he was in better shape or does that weight on him help him? :lol

I dunno how he does it playing in that shape in Denver. Hoping he continues to get better :rockon:

The guy looks like a journeyman backup center but is actually a legit star.

Ass Dan
04-30-2019, 01:20 PM
his fat ass helps on his spin move, and he has sneaky long arms. used to play with a long armed doughyish white 6'8" dude, guy was strong as a fakkin ox and could score with both hands all day. Jokic reminds me of him.

NuggetsFan
04-30-2019, 01:24 PM

I think he's in better shape than he's given credit for but yeah as a Nuggets fan I'm nervous. He's leading the playoffs in touches, logging huge minutes, and I don't expect him to continue and average 25 points on this efficiency. Even ignoring his conditioning he's still a 7 foot C. Can't have them out there for 40 minutes leading there team in APG/PPG :lol

superduper
04-30-2019, 01:28 PM
The dude is ****ing 0-16 without Kobe as the first option of a playoff team

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Is that even a real number?

0-16 :biggums:

SpaceJam2
04-30-2019, 01:33 PM
The dude is ****ing 0-16 without Kobe as the first option of a playoff team

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Is that even a real number?

0-16 :biggums:

Is 1-9 a real number?

superduper
04-30-2019, 01:35 PM
Is 1-9 a real number?

Hey SpaceJam2, please fill in the blank-

LeGOAT after years 1 & 2: 0 playoff appearances
Jordan after years 1 & 2: ...?

No excuses/deflections/unrelated nonsense. Simply fill in the blank.

Also, are you comparing 1-9 to 0-16? :biggums:

Manny98
04-30-2019, 01:41 PM
Gasol was the best player on a Championship team

Until Jokic can win a championship as the best player he can't be better than Pau

Kobe pre Gasol

2005 - misses playoffs

2006 - barely makes the playoffs and chokes a 3-1 lead in the 1st round

2007 - swept in the 1st round

Kobe with Gasol

2008 - finals

2009 - Championship

2010 - Championship

https://i.postimg.cc/9MP6x9RT/photo.jpg

Guess who led the Lakers in both plus minus and win shares in both 09 and 10?

https://i.postimg.cc/N00VV5HV/Cma-U7-Py-WEAAao-IA.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/y8D8HYcJ/download-3.jpg

Gasol transformed a team from first round fodder into championship caliber if that is not superstar caliber i don't know what is

Let's not forget who closed out the Celtics in game 7

https://i.postimg.cc/pr6stdkw/ezgif-1-ae222d86ab.gif

https://i.postimg.cc/SR2WCf7P/Yellowish-Wealthy-Koodoo-size-restricted.gif

superduper
04-30-2019, 01:44 PM
Gasol was the best player on a Championship team

Until Jokic can win a championship as the best player he can't be better than Pau

Bro you have YET to answer why Gasol is 0-16 without Kobe.

Your picture/gif spam doesn't come remotely close to answering the question so I don't blame you for deflecting every single time to save face but I'm still expecting an answer.

Explain 0-16 without Kobe.

stalkerforlife
04-30-2019, 03:18 PM
Easily.

superduper
04-30-2019, 03:28 PM
Gasol never came CLOSE to showing the level of 1st option dominance that Jokic has. Pau was inherently a second option by nature:

-He needed goat level spoonfed offense to be created for him in order for him to be effective.
-Shriveled at the slightest adversity if he didn't have an alpha first option leader to absorb the heat.
-0-16 as the first option in the first round of the playoffs.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
04-30-2019, 04:10 PM
Pau is prime Millsap level nowhere close to Nikola:oldlol: :oldlol:

And1AllDay
04-30-2019, 04:11 PM
Of course he is but lets see if he can do it in the Finals like Pau Pau

superduper
04-30-2019, 04:14 PM
Of course he is but lets see if he can do it in the Finals like Pau Pau

Forget finals, how did Pau do in the first rounds as the first option throughout his career? :eek:

Hey Yo
04-30-2019, 04:19 PM
Gasol never came CLOSE to showing the level of 1st option dominance that Jokic has. Pau was inherently a second option by nature:

-He needed goat level spoonfed offense to be created for him in order for him to be effective.
-Shriveled at the slightest adversity if he didn't have an alpha first option leader to absorb the heat.
-0-16 as the first option in the first round of the playoffs.
Isn't Jokic playing better due to the soft ass no defense league?? When Pau played back in LeBron's early days, that's when the league was tough and defense could be played, right??

elementally morale
04-30-2019, 04:33 PM
He sure is.

I told you guy a year and a half ago that the two players I most like to watch are Embiid and Jokic. For totally different reasons. And I also told you that Embiid may be better individually but I'd say Jokic is more useful in an actual game of basketball (not one on one).

I had Jokic as a top 3-5 player all year long.

He is better though than I thought he was. So... I was wrong. I underrated him. No, he does not need to lose weight. He doesn't need to play faster. He won't be injury prone because ha rarely jumps (at all) and his highest speed is like 5 mph. Still great. A Larry Bird type player. Killer instinct is not there (yet?) but Jokic is a real leader and designer of the offense who can score but does have an effect on the game in many different ways. (Embiid is a Hakeem-type player... but I'd say as of now Jokic is closer to Bird than Embiid is to Hakeem).

Peace.

And1AllDay
04-30-2019, 04:37 PM
Forget finals, how did Pau do in the first rounds as the first option throughout his career? :eek:

He did bad like 1-9 i think :oldlol:

elementally morale
04-30-2019, 04:39 PM
Isn't Jokic playing better due to the soft ass no defense league?? When Pau played back in LeBron's early days, that's when the league was tough and defense could be played, right??

The real difference is 'feel for the game'. Gasol was great in his own right. He was (is) an intelligent player (Marc is, too), who was a more than serviceable big man with okay passing and not being selfish. That's good enough.

Jokic is a different beast. He is not any better a center than either of the Gasols. And worse on defense than Marc. But he is a floor general. He plays PG 80% of the time.

Smoke117
04-30-2019, 04:56 PM

You all really need to shut up about his playing shape. The guy played 80 games at 31.2mpg in the regular season and has now played 37.9mpg in 8 games in the playoffs in the best and most athletic basketball league in the world. Nobody who plays that much in the NBA is in bad shape. He's just not an athletic player who is going to be bulging with muscles. Some people just have this kind of body type.

RoseCity07
04-30-2019, 04:56 PM
He's the best big in the NBA. That's for sure.

I need to see him do this the the Warriors before I say he's better than Pau.

Pau killed it in the Finals.

Hey Yo
04-30-2019, 05:01 PM
You all really need to shut up about his playing shape. The guy played 80 games at 31.2mpg in the regular season and has now played 37.9mpg in 8 games in the playoffs in the best and most athletic basketball league in the world. Nobody who plays that much in the NBA is in bad shape. He's just not an athletic player who is going to be bulging with muscles. Some people just have this kind of body type.
Jokic celebrating after a dunk

http://media3.giphy.com/media/Zj3nil5GoFGj6/giphy.gif

GimmeThat
04-30-2019, 05:06 PM
Not sure how being an elite passing PF works out in the league. Doesn't make sense to want your roll man to be your primary passer