PDA

View Full Version : If Jamal Murray was American...

Ass Dan
04-30-2019, 01:18 PM
The media would be dick riding him so fakkin hard right now.

Remember all the Jayson Tatbum shit we got jammed down our throats, ass clowns like BS Simmons telling us he is a future MVP because his Celts challenged an epically weak Cavs team.

Murray makes shots, and makes plays and has a higher ppg in the playoffs now than the regular season.

All that and he is only 22. Second option on a 2 seed in a REAL conference.

Surprised we haven't had a Wiggins comparison yet.

NuggetsFan
04-30-2019, 01:23 PM
Murray just needs consistency. I don't think it's because he's not american. He's actually a pretty cocky player who has some flash to his game. I think once he strings it together consistently he'll get alot more attention.

He has his moments where it looks like he's going to be a legitimate star, but he also has his moments where he looks like he still needs another 2 years. It's his consistency with his jumper.

One thing's certain when Murray plays well alongside Jokic the Nuggets hit another level. Murray's numbers are night and day in W's and L's. When he plays well he gives the Nuggets a legitimate 2nd option, when he's inefficient we struggle because we become a 1 star team.

FreezingTsmoove
04-30-2019, 01:27 PM
Hes an ugly ass cocky Canadian. Even if the media got behind him no one would care

Kblaze8855
04-30-2019, 02:41 PM
Where he

Manny98
04-30-2019, 02:43 PM
He's Canadian?

That explains why he's such a pussyboy :lol

SpaceJam2
04-30-2019, 03:04 PM
He's Canadian?

:eek: :lol

Rico2016
04-30-2019, 03:09 PM
I'm sorry I'm not quite getting what your angle is? I don't think many people really care where he is from. He just isn't that great of a player. Don't get me wrong, he's playing really well in the playoffs this year, but he is nothing spectacular. If he was playing at a superstar level and wasn't getting any hype then I could see why you are pleading this case but as it stands you are wrong.

And just add a little fuel to the fire I didn't even know he was from Canada until now, so there goes that.

JohnnySic
04-30-2019, 03:14 PM
LOL. Murray is not that good. Typical undersized combo-guard.

stalkerforlife
04-30-2019, 03:17 PM
Americans consider Canadians the same as us.

You're clueless.

superduper
04-30-2019, 03:31 PM
He's Canadian?

Your country is the laughing stock of the entire world and y'all are too oblivious to notice :roll:

Manny98
04-30-2019, 03:35 PM
Your country is the laughing stock of the entire world and y'all are too oblivious to notice :roll:
How is England a laughing stock :oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
04-30-2019, 03:39 PM
It's not where he's from it's where he is. Denver is not a good city for getting national attention. NBA is partially to blame for putting so much focus on the preexisting stars in the big markets and not broadcasting the second best WC regular season team. But bringing up Tatum, if Murray is their main scorer and they can take the Warriors to game 7 of the WCF I'm sure that he'll become a major star.

Bronbron23
04-30-2019, 03:47 PM
The media would be dick riding him so fakkin hard right now.

Remember all the Jayson Tatbum shit we got jammed down our throats, ass clowns like BS Simmons telling us he is a future MVP because his Celts challenged an epically weak Cavs team.

Murray makes shots, and makes plays and has a higher ppg in the playoffs now than the regular season.

All that and he is only 22. Second option on a 2 seed in a REAL conference.

Surprised we haven't had a Wiggins comparison yet.
I'm Canadian but I'm not a big fan of dude. He's kind of a poor man's curry and I don't like curry so no way I'm liking a worse just as annoying version of him.

Smoke117
04-30-2019, 03:53 PM
Where he’s from is a non factor. People don’t even know where he’s from. The media wants page views and streams. They don’t give a shit where the person who can provide them is from.

When I read this title my first thought was: He's not American?

People don't care about him because he's on the Nuggets and more importantly just isn't that good. OP is going on about Tatum and Simmons, but they haven't even garnered that much attention from the media this season.

Rudeboy3
04-30-2019, 04:05 PM
He's Canadian?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

NuggetsFan
04-30-2019, 04:45 PM
LOL. Murray is not that good. Typical undersized combo-guard.

It's always hilarious when people speak out of there ass and you know they never watch Denver :oldlol:

Murray plays the vast majority of his minutes at PG and he's 6'4/215ish atleast nowadays. Not even close to being undersized.

Just turned 22 years old a couple months ago. His consistency is the biggest issue by far, but he's shown that he has the skill to be a big time player. What did he do against the Spurs in game 2? like 21 points in the 4th quarter.

He'll battle it out for the best player in the 2016 draft when all is said and done. Has the potential to be a 21-25/5/5 type guy if he can figure it out.

NuggetsFan
04-30-2019, 04:53 PM
It's not where he's from it's where he is. Denver is not a good city for getting national attention. NBA is partially to blame for putting so much focus on the preexisting stars in the big markets and not broadcasting the second best WC regular season team. But bringing up Tatum, if Murray is their main scorer and they can take the Warriors to game 7 of the WCF I'm sure that he'll become a major star.

Yeah people don't care about the Nuggets at all. Look at how long it took for Jokic to finally get hype.

Second thing doesn't make sense. GS is better than Cleveland. Boston pushed Cleveland 7 games, than GS swept them. Tatum averaged 18.5 points per game in the playoffs. On good efficiency no doubt. He averaged 17.9 points in that series vs Cleveland. Jaylen Brown averaged more didn't he? \not 100% on that one. Murray's currently 2nd on the team in scoring at 19.5. I'm sure Tatum's efficiency is better tho.

I think Boston is obviously just a more popular market. He had a series against Cleveland. Tatum's younger as well. If Murray was a rookie like Tatum was I'm sure people would be going off. Even if Murray pops off against GS, unless we beat them, he'll still probably fly under the radar.

GimmeThat
04-30-2019, 04:53 PM
might have the tools to be a slightly better Mike Conley

JohnnySic
05-01-2019, 09:46 AM
It's always hilarious when people speak out of there ass and you know they never watch Denver :oldlol:

Murray plays the vast majority of his minutes at PG and he's 6'4/215ish atleast nowadays. Not even close to being undersized.

Just turned 22 years old a couple months ago. His consistency is the biggest issue by far, but he's shown that he has the skill to be a big time player. What did he do against the Spurs in game 2? like 21 points in the 4th quarter.

He'll battle it out for the best player in the 2016 draft when all is said and done. Has the potential to be a 21-25/5/5 type guy if he can figure it out.
Murray is an "NBA" 6-4. Whatever, it doesn't matter. He's still a combo guard masquerading as a point guard. Generally cant win with those.

brooks_thompson
05-01-2019, 11:42 AM
might have the tools to be a slightly better Mike Conley

Sorry, that just doesn't make sense at all coming from someone who's watched the majority of each of Conley's 12 seasons.

I'd be interested to see Murray and Donovan Mitchell switch teams, just for kicks.

NuggetsFan
05-01-2019, 12:03 PM
Murray is an "NBA" 6-4. Whatever, it doesn't matter. He's still a combo guard masquerading as a point guard. Generally cant win with those.

I mean the Nuggets have the least amount of experience in the playoffs, something absurd like 8th all time, and there core is pretty young. Murray himself just turned 22. Yet were in the 2nd round with a potential chance at making the WCF the first time this core has made the playoffs.

Penciling in championships is silly, so if every team who doesn't win one means that they "can't win" than yeah Murray like the vast majority of players can't win. Just like Tatum probably won't win one, or Irving would have not won if he wasn't on the Cavs. I think making the 2nd round/WCF in this stage of Denver's rebuild is already a win tho.

And he's 6'4. Not sure what you mean by "NBA". When you have a point C he doesn't need to be a true PG. He's a perfect fit next to Jokic. He does alot of little things, like we run the pick and roll with Jokic as the ball handler at times and Murray is pretty amazing at setting screens as a PG.

Real Men Wear Green
05-01-2019, 01:37 PM
Second thing doesn't make sense. GS is better than Cleveland. Boston pushed Cleveland 7 games, than GS swept them. Tatum averaged 18.5 points per game in the playoffs. On good efficiency no doubt. He averaged 17.9 points in that series vs Cleveland. Jaylen Brown averaged more didn't he? \not 100% on that one. Murray's currently 2nd on the team in scoring at 19.5. I'm sure Tatum's efficiency is better tho.
It's not about the quality of the opponent, it's about the prestige of the Round. In the early '00s the Nets were a big deal for making the Finals twice in a row, and it didn't matter that there might have been 4+ better teams in the Western Conference. I'm talking about what would get Murray more pub, which is not the same as what would be the fairest way to judge his postseason.

DaHeezy
05-01-2019, 01:46 PM
Americans consider Canadians the same as us.

You're clueless.

Tell that to Hawker. He's always shitting on Canadians

NuggetsFan
05-01-2019, 01:48 PM
It's not about the quality of the opponent, it's about the prestige of the Round. In the early '00s the Nets were a big deal for making the Finals twice in a row, and it didn't matter that there might have been 4+ better teams in the Western Conference. I'm talking about what would get Murray more pub, which is not the same as what would be the fairest way to judge his postseason.

Yeah that makes sense.

Even than Boston is just more of a draw, and I think Tatum being a rookie for sure added to it. Which makes sense, because it is more impressive. If Murray was a rookie doing this even in Denver he'd probably be getting a ton of hype.

WCF would be a huge boost for him, assuming he doesn't lay an egg which is a possibility. He's been a rollercoaster this year looking like a future star one week, and than shooting 38% the next.

GimmeThat
05-01-2019, 01:50 PM
Sorry, that just doesn't make sense at all coming from someone who's watched the majority of each of Conley's 12 seasons.

I'd be interested to see Murray and Donovan Mitchell switch teams, just for kicks.

Just don't tell me you think De'Angelo Russell is a 3(SF)

RealSkipBayless
05-01-2019, 03:03 PM
Fake tough guy and a cornball.

Guy only steps to dudes like Lonzo. :oldlol:

Proctor
05-01-2019, 03:06 PM
Murray is hot garbage.

There is plenty of talent on Denver though. Craig and Beasley are terrific. Jokic is Jokic.

Kblaze8855
05-01-2019, 03:27 PM

Thats a point of view that probably needs to be buried with the idea that jump shooting teams dont win titles.

Since the Bad boys last won...you only have like 3 "pure" point guards on title teams. Everyones a shooter/scorer. Lot more Curry/Lillard/Kyrie types people call out for not being "real" points are winning now. The only thing that kept Tony Parker from being a 2 was his height. You win with scoring points now. Always have really but people didnt like to acknowledge it.

stalkerforlife
05-01-2019, 03:58 PM
Murray is hot garbage.

There is plenty of talent on Denver though. Craig and Beasley are terrific. Jokic is Jokic.

Murray hits some of the clutchest shots I've seen, bro.

Can't lie.

superduper
05-01-2019, 04:52 PM
Murray is hot garbage.

Is Beasley much better than Murray? What makes him better? Genuine question.

raprap
05-01-2019, 06:37 PM
He has a very douchey face. Good young player tho

Ass Dan
05-01-2019, 08:43 PM
How is England a laughing stock :oldlol:

Brexit