Dude had called players by someone else

Rico2016
04-30-2019, 10:05 PM
Al Jeffer--Horford with the STUFF!

Gordon Haymak--Hayward for threeee!

Classic Marv :applause:

Indian guy
04-30-2019, 10:24 PM
He's been like this for a few years now :(. And it truly is sad to watch. To me he's undoubtedly the GOAT NBA play-by-play guy. There's nobody else I would want calling a big game.

Proctor
04-30-2019, 10:27 PM
He's been like this for a few years now :(. And it truly is sad to watch. To me he's undoubtedly the GOAT NBA play-by-play guy. There's nobody else I would want calling a big game.
You must be a masochist. His voice doesn't even have nostalgia value to me anymore...he's just flat out grating. Harlan wins for me when he's engaged and not too sexually aroused sitting next to Reggie Miller.

E_Stamkos
04-30-2019, 10:29 PM
He's in the Bob Cole realm now (longtime NHL pbp guy) who called his last game in April.
They both have iconic voices but can't deliver like they once did.

Marv is going on 78 now. He's getting up there.

Indian guy
04-30-2019, 10:31 PM
You must be a masochist. His voice doesn't even have nostalgia value to me anymore...he's just flat out grating. Harlan wins for me when he's engaged and not too sexually aroused sitting next to Reggie Miller.

I meant pre-senility, of course. Obviously I don't think he's best out there right now.

brooks_thompson
05-01-2019, 04:58 AM
This has been the third or fourth year of it being a multiple-times-per-game thing. Seems like he locked in a rock solid contract or else TNT would've politely moved off him by now. Or maybe not, I'd still give him players only night.

RoseCity07
05-01-2019, 05:02 AM
I've been noticing a lot of people getting names wrong. Kevin McHale calls Meyers Leonard "Miles". I think I heard Chris Webber f*ck up someone's name recently.

Everyone calls CJ McCollum "Cj McCulla"

I can't remember the player but it was such a common name I couldn't believe Jalen Rose or Chris Webber botched it.

dbugz
05-01-2019, 05:17 AM
Nothing's worse than Hubbie Brown.

The old man will dissect every single damn play even the simplest pass or simplest rebound out there.

Teams have like 3 possessions already and Hubbie brown still explaining about a play that happened 2 minutes ago. :facepalm :banghead:

Naero
05-01-2019, 06:16 AM
I lost count of how many times he misreferred to Lopez as Mirotic last night. :facepalm He's either nearsighted or senile, and I'm leaning towards the latter considering not just his inaccuracies but also their illogic (e.g., saying the Bucks crowd clamored for a foul to be called against their own team).

He's been in his dotage for years now, but it's really become distractive by now. It's at the point where I helplessly suspend all immersion in the game to think about his gaffes.

His contract ends in 2020-21, if I'm remembering correctly (it was signed just before he truly started deteriorating); however, TNT has the option to end it before then, which I'd imagine they'd exercise after this season if they already have a solid replacement in the wings.

ArbitraryWater
05-01-2019, 07:18 AM
he's been doing that for years..

also 10 minutes left 4th quarter called rozier for three when he was well inside

JohnnySic
05-01-2019, 09:55 AM
Albert has always sucked. Now that he's senile at least its a little amusing to hear his mistakes.

Wally450
05-01-2019, 10:27 AM
I lost count of how many times he misreferred to Lopez as Mirotic last night. :facepalm He's either nearsighted or senile, and I'm leaning towards the latter considering not just his inaccuracies but also their illogic (e.g., saying the Bucks crowd clamored for a foul to be called against their own team).

He's been in his dotage for years now, but it's really become distractive by now. It's at the point where I helplessly suspend all immersion in the game to think about his gaffes.

His contract ends in 2020-21, if I'm remembering correctly (it was signed just before he truly started deteriorating); however, TNT has the option to end it before then, which I'd imagine they'd exercise after this season if they already have a solid replacement in the wings.

This is what inspired this thread. He did it about 4-5 times.

imdaman99
05-01-2019, 10:29 AM
I love when he says, "now they are saying it's a 2" after he blatantly calls it a 3. He is too slow and old to keep up.

Just retire already buddy.

scuzzy
05-01-2019, 10:41 AM
TFW you realize he's pushing 80yo and maybe early onset of dimentia/alzheimer :(

HoopologyPhD
05-01-2019, 11:25 AM
Better than having some millennial talking about players feelings and personal life during play by play.

Much respect to the dinosaurs!

brooks_thompson
05-01-2019, 11:26 AM
Better than having some millennial talking about players feelings and personal life during play by play.

Much respect to the dinosaurs!

+2