PDA

View Full Version : People are surprised by the Sixers

juju151111
05-03-2019, 12:51 AM
I don't get why everyone had the Raptors, when they should of been the underdogs. Sixers have wayy better Talent and their bench is not has bad has people like to claim.

Simmons>>Lowry (Simmons is an A+ defender too)
Danny green>Riddkick but Reddick cause more panic running around.
Kawhi>Bulter
Harris=Siakim
Embiid>>>Gasol at this point in his career.
Bench is pretty much equal.

JohnMax
05-03-2019, 12:54 AM
Embiid>>>Gasol at any point in his career.

fixed for accuracy

fourkicks44
05-03-2019, 12:55 AM
They still have a lot to prove.

If they win the next one, then get excited.

I still think next season is their year if they can keep the starting 5 together.

1987_Lakers
05-03-2019, 12:56 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=465247

I made a thread about this.

Smoke117
05-03-2019, 12:58 AM
I don't get why everyone had the Raptors, when they should of been the underdogs. Sixers have wayy better Talent and their bench is not has bad has people like to claim.

Kawhi>Bulter
Harris=Siakim

Nah. Siakam definitely > Harris. Tobias Harris just isn't an impact player like Siakam. That he is going to get a max contract this off season is just cringe worthy.

juju151111
05-03-2019, 07:34 AM
Nah. Siakam definitely > Harris. Tobias Harris just isn't an impact player like Siakam. That he is going to get a max contract this off season is just cringe worthy.
Harris is great, they just have so much talent he gets lost.

Stephonit
05-03-2019, 07:41 AM
Yes, I'm surprised. Thought the Raptors should have the advantage but the 76ers showing their toughness. Raptors aren't showing enough offensive ability; bodes badly for them.

Ben Simmons 25
05-03-2019, 07:44 AM

Harris won't get a max contract unless the market is still saturated with cap space after the biggest names sign and we have shortsighted idiotic GMs that are desperate to sign a name that are also willing to hand it out... which is possible, I suppose. I just wish we'd have passed the point of that kind of thing here in 2019, heh.

Generally speaking, the vast majority of sports franchises operate with "WIN NOW NOW NOWNOWNOWNWONWO!" mentality... and **** themselves so much harder in the long run that it's actually laughably pathetic.

k0kakw0rld
05-03-2019, 07:57 AM
Yes, I'm surprised. Thought the Raptors should have the advantage but the 76ers showing their toughness. Raptors aren't showing enough offensive ability; bodes badly for them.
Relying too much on Kawhi isn't a great thing.

Ben Simmons 25
05-03-2019, 08:02 AM
We're still only three games into the series and I do think it's laughable at how much people have underrated the Sixers going into this series BUT...

Toronto did spank their asses in game 1. Kawhi is still continuing to spank their ass... so be careful with that. The Raptors only lost as badly as they did last night because they missed a shit ton of wide open shots.

In the first game, Siakam was hitting every contested shot that he has since missed in the following 2 games... and Kawhi was shooting like 75% from the field or some shit. I said it then... you could leave those two guys wide open for the rest of the series and they weren't going to shoot that again, never mind hitting all those contested shots.

But I digress... the series isn't over yet. The Sixers seemingly have figured out how to stifle the Raptors' overall offense by putting Simmons on Kawhi all game and putting the clamps on Siakam specifically which has bled into everything else.

The Raptors needs to make some adjustments.

fourkicks44
05-03-2019, 08:28 AM
We're still only three games into the series and I do think it's laughable at how much people have underrated the Sixers going into this series BUT...

Toronto did spank their asses in game 1. Kawhi is still continuing to spank their ass... so be careful with that. The Raptors only lost as badly as they did last night because they missed a shit ton of wide open shots.

In the first game, Siakam was hitting every contested shot that he has since missed in the following 2 games... and Kawhi was shooting like 75% from the field or some shit. I said it then... you could leave those two guys wide open for the rest of the series and they weren't going to shoot that again, never mind hitting all those contested shots.

But I digress... the series isn't over yet. The Sixers seemingly have figured out how to stifle the Raptors' overall offense by putting Simmons on Kawhi all game and putting the clamps on Siakam specifically which has bled into everything else.

The Raptors needs to make some adjustments.

And the Raptors are sure to make adjusatments. Sixers have just gotta win the next one if they want this series. Facing Kawhi in game 7 in Toronto is a death sentence.

Let us not forget last season the majority of people thought the 76ers wouldn't even make the playoffs. Anything other than bettering last year's results is a success. In the past, no championship team has been constructed mid season. Give them a pre season together and next year is their year.

Tobias Harris is getting the max and getting it from Philadelphia. Have no doubts, he is going nowhere.

Ben Simmons 25
05-03-2019, 09:25 AM
The Sixers are the only team I could justify maxing Harris out on because they’ve got to be all in on what they’ve got.

I don’t think they should offer max... only match it if he gets it somewhere else.

The Sixers can get players that’ll fit their team better for cheaper than Harris... but the problem they’ll have going forward is... how do they do that? with what assets?

MiseryCityTexas
05-03-2019, 09:27 AM
Marc Gasol is overrated.

FKAri
05-03-2019, 10:09 AM
No one's surprised. They have the best starting lineup in the East. What has people concerned is, Simmons lack of shooting, Embiid's injuries, and a questionable bench.

When firing on all cylinders the top 4 teams in the East are really close and I'd rank them as such:
Sixers
Celtics
Bucks
Raptors

Akeem34TheDream
05-03-2019, 10:59 AM
In the past, no championship team has been constructed mid season. Give them a pre season together and next year is their year.

1995 Rockets? They got their 2nd best player.

FireDavidKahn
05-03-2019, 02:32 PM
Raptors ****ed up by trading away Jonas for Gasol.

ArbitraryWater
05-03-2019, 06:25 PM
they and Boston are, as I said, the two most loaded teams.

iamgine
05-03-2019, 06:42 PM

Kawhi>Bulter
Harris=Siakim
The Raptors are perceived to have the much better bench. Which is true, but they haven't been performing in this series. Lowry is also not performing as usual, otherwise he can be better than Simmons on offense.

fourkicks44
05-03-2019, 07:33 PM
1995 Rockets? They got their 2nd best player.

He was one player and they were defending champs.

The fact that is the closest example shows how hard it is.

qrich
05-03-2019, 11:35 PM
[QUOTE=Ben Simmons 25]The Sixers are the only team I could justify maxing Harris out on because they