PDA

View Full Version : Rank the MCU movies

glidedrxlr22
05-03-2019, 04:51 PM
This was not easy and I'm sure if you ask me tomorrow I'll have a slightly different list.

1. Avengers: Infinity War
2. Avengers: End Game
3. Captain America: Civil War
4. Iron Man
5. Thor Ragnarok
6. Spiderman: Homecoming
7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
8. Guardians of the Galaxy
9. The Avengers
10. Black Panther
11. Captain America: The First Avenger
12. Incredible Hulk
13. The Avengers: Age of Ultron
14. Iron Man 2
15. Ant Man
16. Captain Marvel
17. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
18. Ant-Man and the Wasp
19. Thor
20. Iron Man 3
21. Doctor Strange
22. Thor: The Dark World

red1
05-03-2019, 04:54 PM
This was not easy and I'm sure if you ask me tomorrow I'll have a slightly different list.

4. Iron Man
5. Thor Ragnarok
9. The Avengers
10. Black Panther
12. Incredible Hulk
14. Iron Man 2
15. Ant Man
16. Captain Marvel
18. Ant-Man and the Wasp
19. Thor
20. Iron Man 3
21. Doctor Strange

Top 5:

1. Endgame/ Infinity war- it's one saga so I'll lump them together :pimp:

2. Iron Man 1
3. Winter soldier
4. Avengers 1
5. Guardians

sammichoffate
05-03-2019, 05:35 PM
Top 5:

1. Endgame/ Infinity war- it's one saga so I'll lump them together :pimp:

2. Iron Man 1
3. Winter soldier
4. Avengers 1
5. GuardiansSwitch Guardians with Thor: Ragnarok, this is a great top 5 tho.

sammichoffate
05-03-2019, 05:36 PM

4. Iron Man
5. Thor Ragnarok
9. The Avengers
10. Black Panther
12. Incredible Hulk
14. Iron Man 2
15. Ant Man
16. Captain Marvel
18. Ant-Man and the Wasp
19. Thor
20. Iron Man 3
21. Doctor Strange
22. Thor: The Dark WorldSpiderman too high, Doctor Strange too low.

Ben Simmons 25
05-03-2019, 07:18 PM
This is going to be damn near impossible to do because there's just so much and it's not like all of these viewings are fresh, but...

2. Spider-Man: Homecoming
3. The Avengers
4. Iron Man
5. Avengers: Endgame
6. Doctor Strange
7. Thor: Ragnarok
8. Captain America: Civil War
9. Guardians of the Galaxy
10. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
11. Avengers: Age of Ultron
12. Ant-Man
13. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
14. Ant-Man and The Wasp
15. Black Panther
16. Thor
17. The Incredible Hulk
18. Iron Man 2
19. Iron Man 3
20. Captain America: The First Avenger
21. Thor: The Dark World
22. Captain Marvel

Bottom 5 are complete and utter dog shit. I feel confident with the top 7 and the bottom 5... the rest tends to get a bit murky.

plowking
05-04-2019, 03:08 AM
Someone explain to me how Civil War was a good movie.

As far as basic story telling goes, and even touching upon themes that are brought up at the beginning of the movie, it does nothing to bring any resolution to anything.

Smook A.
05-04-2019, 04:22 AM
1. Avengers: Endgame
2. Avengers: Infinity War
4. Thor Ragnarok
5. Iron Man
6. Guardians of the Galaxy
8. Spider-Man: Homecoming
9. The Avengers
10. Black Panther
11. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
12. Iron Man 3
13. Ant-Man
14. Doctor Strange
15. Avengers: Age of Ultron
16. Ant-Man and the Wasp
17. Iron Man 2
18. Captain America: The First Avenger
19. Captain Marvel
20. Thor: The Dark World
21. Thor
22. The Incredible Hulk

Stephonit
05-04-2019, 09:48 AM
2. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
5. Avengers: Endgame
6. Captain America: The First Avenger
7. Doctor Strange
8. Iron Man
9. Thor
10. Thor: Ragnarok
11. The Avengers
12. Black Panther
13. Ant-Man and the Wasp
14. Iron Man 3
15. Ant-Man
16. Captain Marvel
17. Spider-Man: Homecoming
18. Thor: The Dark World
19. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
20. The Incredible Hulk
21. Avengers: Age of Ultron
22. Iron Man 2

From 18 on the movies are blah but the only one I would have avoided watching was Iron Man 2. Looking over the list now I guess I really liked the way the Russo brothers handled their movies. Before the movies I would have thought Captain America would be among the more boring superheroes, they did a terrific job winning me over to his character and story.

Ben Simmons 25
05-04-2019, 09:56 AM

As far as basic story telling goes, and even touching upon themes that are brought up at the beginning of the movie, it does nothing to bring any resolution to anything.

Spider-Man.

But on a serious note... you know... a decent chunk of these movies have been less about being standalone movies and more about telling a bigger overarching story as time has gone by...

So in other words... where's your objection to Endgame? If you disregarded literally every film before it, it wouldn't make a lick of sense nor would you care about any of the characters. The same can be said of Infinity War, really, but to a lesser extent.

Meticode
05-04-2019, 04:45 PM

It was good to me for a few reasons. Firstly you're searching for who the villain is in the movie and through the second half you believe that Cap, Iron Man and Bucky will duke it out with the other super soldiers that were even deadlier than Bucky.

When they arrive there and they're all dead you're confused and wondering what the hell is going on. When you realize he led them there to reveal the truth to Tony who killed his parents you know what's going to happen. And the fight with Iron Man vs Bucky/Cap is so damn good and emotional. Some of the shots they made in those scenes almost made them look like titans battling each other between the pillars. I just really loved how the framed some of those shots...

https://www.bfi.org.uk/sites/bfi.org.uk/files/fb-images/captain-america-civil-war-2016-001-iron-man-and-captain-america-fight--between-rock-walls_1000x750.jpg

https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/civilwar-bucky-ironman-cap-fight-700x352.jpg

highwhey
05-04-2019, 04:46 PM
I would rather have a new Nolan batman movie than endgame and all the other MCU movies.

quality over quantity. https://i.postimg.cc/4dpsC2tT/win.png

Meticode
05-04-2019, 04:50 PM
My personal list...

01. Avengers: End Game
02. Avengers: Infinity War
03. Captain America: Civil War
04. Thor Ragnarok
05. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
06. Guardians of the Galaxy
07. The Avengers
08. Iron Man
09. The Avengers: Age of Ultron
10. Black Panther
12. Spiderman: Homecoming
14. Doctor Strange
15. Thor
16. Ant Man
17. Ant-Man and the Wasp
18. Captain Marvel
19. Thor: The Dark World
20. Iron Man 2
21. Incredible Hulk
22. Iron Man 3

Meticode
05-04-2019, 04:54 PM
From 18 on the movies are blah but the only one I would have avoided watching was Iron Man 2. Looking over the list now I guess I really liked the way the Russo brothers handled their movies. Before the movies I would have thought Captain America would be among the more boring superheroes, they did a terrific job winning me over to his character and story.
I agree with this. The Russo's did a great job. These were just action comic book movies to me. Then when The Winter Soldier came out I was like, "Wait, that was better than just your average comic book movie..." Then they consistently kept doing that with Civil War, Infinity War and Endgame.

eliteballer
05-04-2019, 06:54 PM
Ant Man & the Wasp was a heck of lot better than the terrible Captain America 1.

coin24
05-04-2019, 08:08 PM
Come to think of it a lot of those movies are trash and I've only ever seen them once..
Legit out of all of them I've only seen iron man more than once.

Top 5 for me would be
Infinity war/end game
Iron man
Ragnarok
Dr strange
Ant man

ArbitraryWater
05-04-2019, 08:21 PM
y'all really seen all these movies? :biggums:

bigkingsfan
05-04-2019, 09:32 PM
It's like 2-3 movies a year.

red1
05-04-2019, 11:44 PM
Switch Guardians with Thor: Ragnarok, this is a great top 5 tho.
ragnarok was great. I have thor 1 very high as well - I think it's underrated. great movie.

dr. strange caught me off-guard as well with how good it was.

sammichoffate
05-05-2019, 12:30 AM
ragnarok was great. I have thor 1 very high as well - I think it's underrated. great movie.

dr. strange caught me off-guard as well with how good it was.Idk why ppl don't like Thor 1, the story and characters were all p solid. It was also before Marvel decided to machine gun joke one-liners into every single scene. Dr. Strange was good, could've been Ironman 1 good but some scenes were just hella cringey and they could've done more w/ the mystical elements of the movie.

LAmbruh
05-05-2019, 07:28 AM
Aren't X-,em apart of Marvel? Why aren't they MCU?

I would take Days of Future Past and Logan over most the MCU films

sammichoffate
05-05-2019, 09:15 AM
Aren't X-,em apart of Marvel? Why aren't they MCU?

I would take Days of Future Past and Logan over most the MCU filmsThey were owned by Fox up until this year.

kennethgriffen
05-05-2019, 12:03 PM

4. Iron Man
5. Thor Ragnarok
9. The Avengers
10. Black Panther
12. Incredible Hulk
14. Iron Man 2
15. Ant Man
16. Captain Marvel
18. Ant-Man and the Wasp
19. Thor
20. Iron Man 3
21. Doctor Strange

#1 infinity war
#2 end game
#3 Thor Ragnarock
#4 Guardians of the galaxy
#5 Iron Man
#6 Avengers

the rest suck

Ben Simmons 25
05-05-2019, 02:17 PM
#1 infinity war
#2 end game
#3 Thor Ragnarock
#4 Guardians of the galaxy
#5 Iron Man
#6 Avengers

the rest suck

First of all... welcome back... again.

Secondly... there's no way you've sat through 22 movies in which your opinion upon viewing each was "that sucked" so either you're lying here or you're completely deranged to keep watching something you hate... on second thought... never mind, carry on.

red1
05-05-2019, 02:29 PM
Idk why ppl don't like Thor 1, the story and characters were all p solid. It was also before Marvel decided to machine gun joke one-liners into every single scene. Dr. Strange was good, could've been Ironman 1 good but some scenes were just hella cringey and they could've done more w/ the mystical elements of the movie.
thor 1 was excellent. they did a great job.

there was nothing cringey about dr. strange. I thought it was great. an arrogant man gets humbled and has to reevaluate his worldview and build himself back up.

I enjoyed civil war a lot too. that also gets an honorable mention outside of the top-5. spiderman homecoming was good for what it was but that high school stuff doesn't really appeal to me. the cool part was peter exploring the stark tech suit and michael keaton also knocked it out of the park as the vulture playing a villian that wasn't evil.

sammichoffate
05-05-2019, 02:38 PM
thor 1 was excellent. they did a great job.

there was nothing cringey about dr. strange. I thought it was great. an arrogant man gets humbled and has to reevaluate his worldview and build himself back up.

I enjoyed civil war a lot too. that also gets an honorable mention outside of the top-5. spiderman homecoming was good for what it was but that high school stuff doesn't really appeal to me. the cool part was peter exploring the stark tech suit and michael keaton also knocked it out of the park as the vulture playing a villian that wasn't evil.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slubggR1WLU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHmOnU90Xn0
These made me cringe p hard even though the core story was good.
Civil War was all over the place w/ what it wanted to be, which is why I prefer Winter Soldier more. Homecoming was booty except for what you mentioned.

Micku
05-05-2019, 03:57 PM
1. Avengers Infinity War
2. Black Panther
3. Avengers Endgame
4. Captain America Civil War
5. Iron man
6. Guardians of the Galaxy
7. Thor Ragnarok
8. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
9. The Avengers
10. Dr. Strange
11. Spiderman Homecoming
12. Avengers Age of Ultron
14. Captain America First Avenger
15. Ant Man
16. Thor
17. Iron man 2
18. Ant-Man and the Wasp
19. Iron man 3
20. Captain Marvel
21. The Incredible Hulk
22. Thor The Dark World

It seems like the consensus on here is that Infinity War and Endgame are the best. With IW, I was shocked to see the RT be in the 80s and metacritic had ratings lower than I expected. But I think that's the best they did.

I like pretty much all the MCU movies except for Thor 2, Hulk, IM3, and Captain Marvel. I thought those movies were meh. Thor 2 I don't even remember 80% of that movie. lol.

egokiller
05-05-2019, 04:14 PM
All these movies suck compared to the green lantern with Ryan Reynolds. What a masterpiece. The man was so good they asked him to play Deadpool!:applause:

Ben Simmons 25
05-05-2019, 04:16 PM
All these movies suck compared to the green lantern with Ryan Reynolds. What a masterpiece. The man was so good they asked him to play Deadpool!:applause:

He played Deadpool before he played Green Lantern...

egokiller
05-05-2019, 04:18 PM
He played Deadpool before he played Green Lantern...

Ya but most of the movie was him not saying anything the first time. Hardly any screen time. Green Lantern he was the main character. They could have easily chosen someone else for Deadpool 1.

Ben Simmons 25
05-05-2019, 04:55 PM
Ya but most of the movie was him not saying anything the first time. Hardly any screen time. Green Lantern he was the main character. They could have easily chosen someone else for Deadpool 1.

Very unlikely as even the comics referred to Ryan Reynolds long before any Deadpool iteration made it on screen. And he personally pushed for a decade to get a Deadpool movie made... so yeah, no. Green Lantern has nothing to do with anything.

coin24
05-05-2019, 05:28 PM

What other movies do they even make anymore?

Marvel / DC.
Whatever crap the rock plays the rock in
Some other half assed remake.

That's it. Wtf happened to Hollywood, too busy being political spokesman for the left :facepalm

egokiller
05-05-2019, 06:47 PM
Very unlikely as even the comics referred to Ryan Reynolds long before any Deadpool iteration made it on screen. And he personally pushed for a decade to get a Deadpool movie made... so yeah, no. Green Lantern has nothing to do with anything.

They gave him a shot in 2009 in Wolverine, and then they casted him in Green Lantern in 2011. He did such an amazing job as Hal, that they said OK, when we come out a stand alone Deadpool, you are our guy. They didn't know if he was going to be a good fit based on 2009 alone because the character hardly had any screen time. :applause:

Meticode
05-05-2019, 07:13 PM
Yep. A friend that went and saw it before I did even suggested movies I should watch before I saw Endgame. I ended up doing Iron Man, The Winter Soldier, Thor: The Dark World, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Avengers and Avengers: Infinity War.

Andrei89
05-07-2019, 11:16 AM
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. Iron Man
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Thor Ragnarok
6. Doctor Strange
7. Avengers: End Game
9. The Avengers
10. Iron Man 2
12. Incredible Hulk
14. Black Panther
15. Ant Man
16. Captain Marvel
18. Ant-Man and the Wasp
19. Thor
20. Iron Man 3
21. Spiderman: Homecoming

Made some changes to your list.

Endgame was nowhere near as good as the hype

sammichoffate
05-07-2019, 11:53 AM
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
3. Iron Man
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Thor Ragnarok
6. Doctor Strange
7. Avengers: End Game
9. The Avengers
10. Iron Man 2
12. Incredible Hulk
14. Black Panther
15. Ant Man
16. Captain Marvel
18. Ant-Man and the Wasp
19. Thor
20. Iron Man 3
21. Spiderman: Homecoming

Made some changes to your list.

Endgame was nowhere near as good as the hypeInteresting picks, why are these so high?

Doctor K
05-07-2019, 04:36 PM
From someone who rewatched all of them recently:

1. Avengers Infinity War
2. Avengers Endgame
3. Avengers 1
5. Avengers 2
6. Black Panther
7. Thor Ragnarok
8. Captain America Winter Soldier
9. Ironman 1
10. Guardian of Galaxies 1
11. Ironman 2
12. Guardian of Galaxies 2
13. Dr. Strange
14. Spiderman
15. Ironman 3
16. Captain America 1st Avenger
17. Captain Marvel
18. Thor Dark World
19. Antman
20. Antman & The Wasp
21. Thor
22. Incredible Hulk

atljonesbro
05-07-2019, 05:18 PM
Not objectively the best just my top 5 personal favorites:

1. Avengers End game
2. Avengers infinity war
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Guardians of the Galaxy 2

ballinhun8
05-07-2019, 05:32 PM
I'll give a list next week.

Rewatching all these movies the last week. Just finished Phase 1 movies. Thor and First Avenger are actually better than I remember. Hell, when Thor gets Mjolnir back after sacrificing himself to the Destroyer, that scene is pretty epic! The music in the background and holy sh*t i don't think I realized how dope Jamie Alexander is!

Also Hayley Atwell, thick white woman! Right up my alley. Also, Iron Man 2 is not as bad as I remembered. Mickey Rourke is ok and Justin Hammer's portrayal plays well. Hulk is pretty meh. Avengers still great.

Just downloaded Dark World, Iron Man 3, and Winter Soldier cuz I'm watching in order they were released. Excited to watch Winter Soldier again because it's been a while and many lists I see rank this movie high and I need to see why exactly.

Doctor K
05-07-2019, 06:06 PM
I'll give a list next week.

Rewatching all these movies the last week. Just finished Phase 1 movies. Thor and First Avenger are actually better than I remember. Hell, when Thor gets Mjolnir back after sacrificing himself to the Destroyer, that scene is pretty epic! The music in the background and holy sh*t i don't think I realized how dope Jamie Alexander is!

Also Hayley Atwell, thick white woman! Right up my alley. Also, Iron Man 2 is not as bad as I remembered. Mickey Rourke is ok and Justin Hammer's portrayal plays well. Hulk is pretty meh. Avengers still great.

Just downloaded Dark World, Iron Man 3, and Winter Soldier cuz I'm watching in order they were released. Excited to watch Winter Soldier again because it's been a while and many lists I see rank this movie high and I need to see why exactly.
Nice watching them again is a treat :cheers:

I did that too recently and realized how underrated some of them were. I would say ALL of them (except Incredible Hulk) were enjoyable movies for me. All the Ironmans though were good, they just get insulted because they weren't as good as Ironman 1, which I agree they weren't, but they were good movies in their own right.

The Captain America series were the best series from all the superheroes IMO. The 1st one is underrated, Winter Soldier yes you will be reminded why you ranked it so high, and IMO Civil War was the best non-Avengers movie.

But yeah enjoy them!

sammichoffate
05-07-2019, 06:42 PM
Nice watching them again is a treat :cheers:

I did that too recently and realized how underrated some of them were. I would say ALL of them (except Incredible Hulk) were enjoyable movies for me. All the Ironmans though were good, they just get insulted because they weren't as good as Ironman 1, which I agree they weren't, but they were good movies in their own right.

The Captain America series were the best series from all the superheroes IMO. The 1st one is underrated, Winter Soldier yes you will be reminded why you ranked it so high, and IMO Civil War was the best non-Avengers movie.

But yeah enjoy them!IM3 could've been the GOAT if they had just stuck with the OG Mandarin instead of that stupid fking plot twist.

insidehoops
05-14-2019, 10:55 PM
Someday, maybe in September when it's the most quiet NBA offseason month, would be cool to rewatch them all, one a day, in order, just one more time.

Bawkish
05-15-2019, 02:07 AM
1. Winter Soldier
2. Iron Man
3. Guardians Vol.1
4. Infinity War
5. Endgame

my 1st five...i like Winter Soldier because of it's serious theme and almost non-comicbook trope. It also works as a standalone film (all my 1st three). Great fight scenes (highway & elevator fights)

Bawkish
05-15-2019, 02:10 AM
IM3 could've been the GOAT if they had just stuck with the OG Mandarin instead of that stupid fking plot twist.

i enjoyed Iron Man 3 more than pt.2

i thought they handled Tony's PTSD issue very well. Plus the sky dive rescue is badass as f*ck. Never cared for the villain much at all, for me it's a great character growth story for Tony

sammichoffate
05-15-2019, 10:02 AM
i enjoyed Iron Man 3 more than pt.2

i thought they handled Tony's PTSD issue very well. Plus the sky dive rescue is badass as f*ck. Never cared for the villain much at all, for me it's a great character growth story for TonyI wish they did Demon in a Bottle, one of the best IM stories ever. Too bad Disney took over at that point, we only got a teaser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSFjFGUZGIg
:lol

D-Wade316
05-15-2019, 10:24 AM
1. Thor: Ragnarok
2. Avengers: Endgame
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Black Panther
5. Iron Man
6. Captain America: The First Avenger
7. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2