PDA

View Full Version : Last's night late Por/Den game - reminded me of 90's ball

Shaquille O'Neal
05-05-2019, 12:40 AM
Anyone stay up late to watch that 4th quarter OT game? It was gritty, defensive minded, players giving their all.
If you want a peek into what 90's basketball was like - that was it.
Not a ton of foul calls, no ticky-tack crap. Just two teams going at it giving their all.
I have the league pass and that's easily the best game I've seen in years. Instant classic.:applause:

SpaceJam
05-05-2019, 12:43 AM
You see the play Kanter is complaining about with Jokic? Fans are so weak these days lmaao, ain't nothing in it.

imdaman99
05-05-2019, 01:02 AM
That game was a pleasure to watch no doubt... but I feel like all the stars were tired and worn out. Nobody is built to play 60 mins and dominate at the end, when your legs feel like jelly.

Uncle Drew
05-05-2019, 01:18 AM
Anyone stay up late to watch that 4th quarter OT game? It was gritty, defensive minded, players giving their all.
If you want a peek into what 90's basketball was like - that was it.
Not a ton of foul calls, no ticky-tack crap. Just two teams going at it giving their all.
I have the league pass and that's easily the best game I've seen in years. Instant classic.:applause:
Yes, this only happened in the 90s.

3ball
05-05-2019, 01:25 AM
I feel like if curry and klay walked by the playground and saw Kareem, Moses, MJ, King and Penny playing a physical game of 21 (no threes), they'd just keep walking. They couldn't compete.

Fortunately, they get an extra point on their shots, otherwise they couldn't be elite NBA players

90sgoat
05-05-2019, 07:24 AM
I feel like if curry and klay walked by the playground and saw Kareem, Moses, MJ, King and Penny playing a physical game of 21 (no threes), they'd just keep walking. They couldn't compete.

Fortunately, they get an extra point on their shots, otherwise they couldn't be elite NBA players

Klay would be fine in any era.

Spot up shooters always have their place.

Curry is a little more iffy. I think he would do ok but would not score more than 22-25ppg at most.

bluechox2
05-05-2019, 09:16 AM
90's ball without the defense...but the nba can care less with these 2 teams so they allow the pounding....