PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi is one of those players who you can see the gym rat in.

Kblaze8855
05-06-2019, 06:48 AM
Maybe its just me but every time I watch him I can see the work. Not all great players are gym built. They all have to work...even the ones people think can be great off being big and athletic. But theres a huge difference in how people move and play who listen to good coaching and work the same drills over and over and over and guys who seem more....random? Not sure of the word.

Leonard moves and plays like someone who worked on every aspect of the game individually in a gym....and not someone who just played ball all day for 15 years.

You can see it in his footwork. The way he squares up every shot. Even pullups which is rare. His follow through. On D you can see it in everything from which hand is in the passing lane or how he uses the baseline as an extra defender. You can see someone drilled him on a proper chest pass. You can see it in his boxing out. How hard he sells pass fakes. You can see him almost thinking out the way he moves so he does everything right. He doesnt play free....he plays with precision. Meticulous. Makes him look slow on offense but hes just....deliberate. He steps here....defense does this...so he now does that. Hes one of the few guys who has great footwork coming out of the triple threat. He doesnt travel when he explodes out of it. Not often at least. His spins....crossovers...so precise and fundamental. Not really....exciting...just on point. You get your weight on the wrong foot after he lulls you to sleep and hes by you. Hes not even THAT quick but he drives on you with such timing. Know who he reminds me of?

Paul Pierce.

Little bit of Kobe too but Kobe had more freestyle in him.

Leonard is like Pierce mixed with Pippen.

He has no spontaneity but in a good way. Hes like Duncan in the post. Perfect decisions....fundamentally flawless. He might miss....but he did everything right.

Hes one guy nobody can say doesnt have the old school fundamentals. He could be a star in any era with any play style. Hes got 80s/90s midrange contested shot making. Floor spacing ability. He can score in the low post or high. Hes one of the only good entry pass throwers left in the NBA not that he often has reason to do it.

That guy is so ****ing fundamental....

I dont have a real point beyond that. Its just every time I watch him I can almost hear a shooting coach telling him about what he did with his elbow and how he didnt square all the way up.

I like those guys you can tell just....built it. They arent usually too spectacular ...and he isnt as far as highlights. But hes admirable. He makes you wonder what a lot of guys would be if they had the work ethic and willingness to be taught.

Guys out here 12 years in still shooting off balance. You know someone told them but they probably think "I made it this far...." and refuse to adjust.

Leonard just plays the way youre supposed to....and it makes the people who dont seem lazy and stubborn in comparison.

That man has probably heard "No...like this...." 34000 times and listened to every single one of them. Most guys get money and they are done being molded. Gotta respect the stars who keep working.

Spurs m8
05-06-2019, 07:08 AM
Spurs developed him into what he is today...though he obviously worked hard and listened.
Never let ego and what not get in the way...theres a reason he was my fave player...even before he got anywhere near the level he is today...I loved the quiet, humble side, let the ball do the talking.

Its disgusting how he treated the franchise last season, but life goes on.

Ben Simmons 25
05-06-2019, 07:13 AM
I was literally thinking that Kawhi looks like someone who obsessively practices while I was watching yesterday so you

PeroAntic
05-06-2019, 07:46 AM
Hes obviously a robot

Phoenix
05-06-2019, 07:55 AM
-snip-

He has no spontaneity but in a good way. Hes like Duncan in the post. Perfect decisions....fundamentally flawless. He might miss....but he did everything right.

Hes one guy nobody can say doesnt have the old school fundamentals. He could be a star in any era with any play style. Hes got 80s/90s midrange contested shot making. Floor spacing ability. He can score in the low post or high. Hes one of the only good entry pass throwers left in the NBA not that he often has reason to do it.

That guy is so ****ing fundamental....

-snip-

I'm enjoying watching Kawhi out there. Kind of like the small forward version of Duncan, a fundamentally based attack with little wasted movement. The casuals like the flash but if you're *watching* the game from an enthusiast POV, gotta love what Kawhi is doing out there.

Basically what I said yesterday albeit far more expanded on in your post, right down to the understated personality. Never seems to get frazzled, the moment never seems too big for him. Doesn't get too high or low. I don't know how close Kawhi and Duncan were as teammates but their approach is very similar.

ArbitraryWater
05-06-2019, 07:59 AM
It's really surprising how clutch and mentally keen he is, given how shy and even awkward he is socially..

LAmbruh
05-06-2019, 08:31 AM
ISH at a all time high of blowing their load on semi conference treadmills this post season

Jokic, Dame, Siakahahm, Kawhit, etc, etc, DAE suPerStars 4r??

Recency edgelords on full patrol

reality is a good portion been getting quick piped on heavy favorite squads for some years now

Ben Simmons 25
05-06-2019, 08:31 AM
Basically what I said yesterday albeit far more expanded on in your post, right down to the understated personality. Never seems to get frazzled, the moment never seems too big for him. Doesn't get too high or low. I don't know how close Kawhi and Duncan were as teammates but their approach is very similar.

Well considering that Duncan is a closet rectal rooter... Kawhi probably is too.

Both from the Spurs... both relatively quiet and calm... both tremendous defenders... both great players overall... both have ugly wives/girlfriends...

Kawhi is probably getting plowed in the ass as we speak, tbh.

stalkerforlife
05-06-2019, 08:36 AM
Is it true some autistic people have the ability to be perfect in certain scenarios?

Does anyone think he's high functioning autistic?

That also worries me because it seems like his handlers are taking advantage of him.

Ben Simmons 25
05-06-2019, 08:39 AM
Is it true some autistic people have the ability to be perfect in certain scenarios?

Does anyone think he's high functioning autistic?

That also worries me because it seems like his handlers are taking advantage of him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oyZJDBUzWc&t=254

34-24 Footwork
05-06-2019, 08:41 AM
Hes obviously a robot

This. He's like a Cyborg. He REALLY doesn't even look challenged half of the game. I don't even see him sweating.

Maximum condition. Sucks that the Spurs publically ran his name thru the mud his last season there. They kinda bullied him and took advantage of his quiet demeanor.

stalkerforlife
05-06-2019, 08:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oyZJDBUzWc&t=254

I gotta watch this movie.

34-24 Footwork
05-06-2019, 08:42 AM
Well considering that Duncan is a closet rectal rooter... Kawhi probably is too.

Both from the Spurs... both relatively quiet and calm... both tremendous defenders... both great players overall... both have ugly wives/girlfriends...

How is this clown NOT banned? Like... what exactly do you have to do on this forum to get banned?

Ben Simmons 25
05-06-2019, 08:45 AM
I gotta watch this movie.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/010b119b7798e779b1a1e623e35dcbb1/tenor.gif

stalkerforlife
05-06-2019, 08:48 AM
How is this clown NOT banned? Like... what exactly do you have to do on this forum to get banned?

Meltdown.

:roll:

Ben Simmons 25
05-06-2019, 08:49 AM

Did I touch a gay nerve with you, fella? Look, if you enjoy getting the ole' trouser snake up your train tunnel & windpipe, well... no judgement on my part...

Except for one thing... you forgot to say please and thank you.

https://media.giphy.com/media/JTtURBmz6TZ0SFsp4I/giphy.gif

Ben Simmons 25
05-06-2019, 08:52 AM
Meltdown.

:roll:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/010b119b7798e779b1a1e623e35dcbb1/tenor.gif

red1
05-06-2019, 10:00 AM
he's a machine. the field goal percentage he shoots is insane considering the difficulty of the shots he takes.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C94dSoXW0AABynT.jpg

Cozz
05-06-2019, 10:38 AM

...Just how much of your day is spent thinking about Duncan and Kawhi getting plowed in the ass... :biggums:

Just saying bro

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-06-2019, 10:44 AM
lol @ that Fizdale quote.

Pretty spot on actually. Reminds me of that bit from Shaq on Hakeem. Shaq could get into the heads of most his opponents. With a little trash talk or his play. Hakeem would never get fazed though. Watching Kawhi I think about that. Someone whose all business, weeding out the unnecessary.

Seek and destroy type of MFer.

FKAri
05-06-2019, 11:21 AM
...Just how much of your day is thinking about Duncan and Kawhi getting plowed in the ass... :biggums:

Just saying bro
I can't speak on behalf of that gentleman but personally, anytime Duncan's name comes up, I can think of ONLY that.

Duncan is what we in the industry call, eerily homosexual. A phaggit who is continuously gyrating around any person, place or thing which can be described with a male pronoun. Part incubus. Part succubus. Literally raping men with his ass hole because of his supernatural ability to take it in the ass flaccid. Despite his gargantuan homosexual aura, he is a coward who never came out of the closet publicly even after Jason Collins opened the door for him. His cowardice is why I don't stay up at nights worrying about him.

ArbitraryWater
05-06-2019, 11:52 AM

orlando magic has this dude triggered cause he shits on Kobe :lol

34-24 Footwork
05-06-2019, 05:25 PM
orlando magic has this dude triggered cause he shits on Kobe :lol

Dude that got scammed out of $500 on a basketball forum? Yeah. I'm triggered.

And1AllDay
05-06-2019, 06:19 PM
ISH at a all time high of blowing their load on semi conference treadmills this post season

Jokic, Dame, Siakahahm, Kawhit, etc, etc, DAE suPerStars 4r??

Recency edgelords on full patrol

reality is a good portion been getting quick piped on heavy favorite squads for some years now

:roll: :roll:

When the King is out they gotta boost up 2nd round stuff I guess :oldlol:

https://i.postimg.cc/kgG9VqRY/source.gif

And1AllDay
05-06-2019, 06:20 PM

GOAT level posting

This boi thicc

eliteballer
05-06-2019, 07:04 PM
he's a machine. the field goal percentage he shoots is insane considering the difficulty of the shots he takes.

Huge hands, helps control/protect the ball.

superduper
05-06-2019, 07:09 PM
Huge hands, helps control/protect the ball.

And a lot of people with huge hands also struggle to shoot the ball

tontoz
05-06-2019, 07:31 PM
In the playoffs he is averaging 32 ppg with a TS of 70%. That is just nuts.

As a soph in college he shot 29% from the college 3 and averaged only 15 ppg. He wasn't a shooter and didnt have that scorer's mentality. Complete transformation.

His pullup j is money and that is a really hard shot to defend. Amazing display.

The Spurs really f'd up calling him out publicly last season.

Ben Simmons 25
05-06-2019, 07:34 PM
GOAT level posting

This boi thicc

https://media.giphy.com/media/h8aNxFdj1ST22a2rZW/giphy.gif

tpols
05-06-2019, 07:35 PM
And a lot of people with huge hands also struggle to shoot the ball

yup... and long arms.

But most people with those attributes also play fast and reckless... kawhi is slow, smooth and in control.

so he is a freak.

StrongLurk
05-06-2019, 08:22 PM
Kawhi is the Tim Duncan of small forwards.