PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul gun shy?

TheCorporation
05-07-2019, 12:07 AM
I've noticed in this game and in game 3 he has been passing up wide open 3-point shots. What the hell is going on?

ArbitraryWater
05-07-2019, 12:08 AM
i haven't.

he just hasnt taken many shots this yr

that comes with having less lift

Smoke117
05-07-2019, 12:10 AM
Paul was aggressive down the stretch here like he should be. James Harden just monopolizes the ball so much this season that he's pretty much went away from looking to score much.

NBAGOAT
05-07-2019, 12:30 AM
yea combination of things. Paul's older and less athletic with less lift. Still not quite right coming off injury(so I could see him being a little better next year but not prime level) and has had a bad shooting playoffs(27% from 3). Harden runs even more of the offense than he did last year so he's frequently a spot up guy.

Being on the Rockets means taking away a lot of his midrange game. Often will probe the defense and if he cant get to the rim will dribble it backout. Those possessions used usually end in pull up jumpers. He's still not been awful, scoring like 17 a game which is fine for Hou but assists have been way down.

SpaceJam2
05-07-2019, 12:33 AM
yea combination of things. Paul's older and less athletic with less lift. Still not quite right coming off injury(so I could see him being a little better next year but not prime level) and has had a bad shooting playoffs(27% from 3). Harden runs even more of the offense than he did last year so he's frequently a spot up guy.

Being on the Rockets means taking away a lot of his midrange game. Often will probe the defense and if he cant get to the rim will dribble it backout. Those possessions used usually end in pull up jumpers. He's still not been awful, scoring like 17 a game which is fine for Hou but assists have been way down.

High IQ post :applause: