PDA

View Full Version : A Houston win tonight could alter the NBA forever.

UK2K
05-08-2019, 12:38 PM
Houston steals game 5, then win game 6 at home. Durant leaves for NYK, Klay leaves because GS isnt offering him the max if Durant leaves, Kerr retires because the Warriors are gutted...

And maybe, just MAYBE, Lebron squeezes out another title before retirement.

Future of the NBA potentially hinges on the outcome of tonight's game.

Its possible people point to tonight to signify the beginning of the end of the Warriors dynasty.

TheCorporation
05-08-2019, 12:39 PM
I have to agree here. Game 5 is huge in a lot of ways.

Let's go James gang :hammertime:

superduper
05-08-2019, 12:41 PM
King James making history as usual :rockon:

AlternativeAcc.
Kevin Durant will drop 45 and have you in tears.. seriously bro

He's in sicko mode right now

Nothing will stop him tonight, he's unstoppable when he's in this mindset/comfort zone

sportjames23
A Houston win tonight doesn't mean shit. Houston had the Warriors on the ropes last year with Game 7 at home and still lost. If Houston were up now 3-2 and they won, THEN you could say it could alter the NBA forever.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-08-2019, 12:42 PM
Potentially the end of artificial "super teams".

I fux with it.

Curry has been awful all postseason. Both Houston and their fans gotta be smelling blood in the water.

TheCorporation
05-08-2019, 12:42 PM
King James making history as usual :rockon:

Always :rockon:

James Gang for Life

JG4L

:dancin :hammertime:

UK2K
05-08-2019, 12:45 PM
A Houston win tonight doesn't mean shit. Houston had the Warriors on the ropes last year with Game 7 at home and still lost. If Houston were up now 3-2 and they won, THEN you could say it could alter the NBA forever.

This ain't the WCF and Paul isn't hurt.

They should be thanking CP3s knee for their title last season and they know it.

That's why they're so shook now. Warriors know it was a fluke, and barring CP3 blowing his knee out and Houston missing 27 3pt shots in a row... their dynasty ends last season.

superduper
05-08-2019, 12:49 PM
On some real shit though, this really could go either way, it is so unpredictable. I would hate to bet on this. Durant is most likely going to go off but it's never certain whether Durant's supernova performances will lead to team success. If I were the Warriors I would do everything in my power to ensure Steph has a good first half. When Steph plays well, the Warriors all play well and usually blow the other team out by 30 at halftime (or the pre-Durant Warriors at least). We all know Durant can get his own, especially if teams have to constantly throw two players at Steph all game.

If the Rockets win today, is this not the same situation as last year? Were they also up 3-2 last year? I can't recall.

kennethgriffen
05-08-2019, 12:51 PM
if durant left the warriors for new york the power rankings would be

#1 - rockets

#2 - bucks

#3 - warriors ( with just steph, draymond, cousins and klay is definitely staying )

#3 - clippers or raptors depending where kawhi signs

#4 - Nuggets

#5 - Sixers

#6 - Portland

#7 - Knicks ( they'll struggle a bit regardless if they get durant and kyrie )

#8 - OKC

#9 - Utah

#10 - Sacramento

#11 - Dallas

#12 - Indiana

#13 - Brooklyn

#14 - Minny

#15 - maybe the lakers if they get another borderline allstar and lebron plays at least 70 games

sorry but theres still no title in line for lebron or the lakers. and making the playoffs will still be a long shot unless klay leaves the warriors for them. which is 1 in 1000

SouBeachTalents
05-08-2019, 12:52 PM
Just gonna post that without mentioning CP3 missing those last 2 games :lol

ImKobe
05-08-2019, 12:54 PM

That's why they're so shook now. Warriors know it was a fluke, and barring CP3 blowing his knee out and Houston missing 27 3pt shots in a row... their dynasty ends last season.

First off, CP3 injured his hamstring & not his knee.

Secondly, the 27 straight missed 3s was an anomaly, but it had a lot to do with how the Warriors forced the Rockets into some terrible 3PT shots to beat the shot clock & how bad Harden was with his 3PT shot.

So we've all been dogging Curry for his terrible shooting in these 5 games, Harden last year from Games 2-7 shot 20.3% from three with 11.5 3PA, averaged 5 TO to just 5.8 assists and had a FG% of 38.6. That's 6 games of shooting 33% or worse from 3 which also included a 0/11 3PT game that they won by 4 points (Game 5, last game for CP3 in the series). Warriors were insanely lucky to win that Game 5 to go up 3 - 2 in that series, Harden had just 19 points on 5/21 shooting and CP3 was 6/19 and a -13...

sportjames23
05-08-2019, 12:56 PM

Knock on wood re: CP3. Seems every playoffs he gets hurt at the most inopportune time, like last year.

However, the only thing that's happened so far is that both teams held serve. Houston still has to show they can win in Oakland this series. And then finish them off instead of giving them life.

I'm just saying, a win tonight ain't a guarantee of Golden State's doom.

sportjames23
05-08-2019, 12:58 PM

No excuse. They still had the Warriors on the ropes 3-2 and lost Game 7 at home.

GimmeThat
05-08-2019, 01:06 PM
They just play very different basketball, one team relies on a guy to score 40 and help your team to preserve energy. The other, scores 40 so your bench fills up the void by the +/-

Is the clear liquid water, or alcohol?

TheCorporation
05-08-2019, 01:15 PM

:oldlol:

paksat
05-08-2019, 01:17 PM
Kevin Durant will drop 45 and have you in tears.. seriously bro

He's in sicko mode right now

Nothing will stop him tonight, he's unstoppable when he's in this mindset/comfort zone

this kd is about to go bat shit insane

3ball
05-08-2019, 01:38 PM
Nah, Harden has this; it's his time and the rockets have figured out the Warriors' system

That's why they were lebron-balling it a lot last game with durant bringing it up - their other shit wasn't working

Warriors' can't defend Houston, whereas Houston has the Warriors figured out just enough

I guarantee a Houston win if Gordon keeps being the better player between him and Klay

TheMan
05-08-2019, 01:45 PM
Durant has laid an egg on crucial games in the past when he was in OKC...

I doubt that'll happen but just wanted to remind y'all that he's turned in duds in must win games before...

I still say GSWs win this series, they're just too loaded but I hope Houston pulls it off.

pegasus
05-08-2019, 01:48 PM
I can actually see Durant staying if they lose this series as otherwise it would look like he is jumping ship when the going gets tough. If they win again, I'm sure he'll feel much better about leaving. Plus Kyrie is no longer the player he was in 2016. But yes, this series could still alter the league for the next few years although I can see Durant ask for a player option on the second year of his contract if he stays put.

Vino24
05-08-2019, 01:51 PM
A Houston win and I put Harden above Jordan.

ArbitraryWater
05-08-2019, 01:56 PM
i think KD is leaving either way, dont think it changes much in that regard.. in fact, he might be more likely to stay if he loses :confusedshrug:

but its big anyway, cause, 2019..

UK2K
05-08-2019, 02:15 PM
First off, CP3 injured his hamstring & not his knee.

Secondly, the 27 straight missed 3s was an anomaly, but it had a lot to do with how the Warriors forced the Rockets into some terrible 3PT shots to beat the shot clock & how bad Harden was with his 3PT shot.

So we've all been dogging Curry for his terrible shooting in these 5 games, Harden last year from Games 2-7 shot 20.3% from three with 11.5 3PA, averaged 5 TO to just 5.8 assists and had a FG% of 38.6. That's 6 games of shooting 33% or worse from 3 which also included a 0/11 3PT game that they won by 4 points (Game 5, last game for CP3 in the series). Warriors were insanely lucky to win that Game 5 to go up 3 - 2 in that series, Harden had just 19 points on 5/21 shooting and CP3 was 6/19 and a -13...

You didnt watch the game, did you?

Half of those shots were wide open, with no defender around.

Bold gameplan to leave Houston wide open from the outside, but it paid off, so good call.

UK2K
05-08-2019, 02:17 PM
Durant has laid an egg on crucial games in the past when he was in OKC...

I doubt that'll happen but just wanted to remind y'all that he's turned in duds in must win games before...

I still say GSWs win this series, they're just too loaded but I hope Houston pulls it off.

Only player on GS that concerns me is Durant.

The guy is unstoppable when he wants to be...

But that also means if hes shooting every play, Curry and Draymond and Klay are bitching they're not getting the ball, so it's a blessing and a curse.

I could totally see Durant going for 50 tonight, though.

NBAGOAT
05-08-2019, 02:20 PM
durant could leave even if they win a title. Also they'll be offering klay more money than anyone else especially if kd leaves. Klay's only leaving if he just doesnt want to stay with GS

UK2K
05-08-2019, 02:30 PM
durant could leave even if they win a title. Also they'll be offering klay more money than anyone else especially if kd leaves. Klay's only leaving if he just doesnt want to stay with GS

Why max out Klay if Durant leaves?

You gonna win a title with Curry, Klay on a max deal, and Draymond, with a shit bench?

Daryl Morey said it best, either you're trying to win a title or you're not, and without Durant on the current Warriors roster, they dont have a chance in hell. Maxing out Klay for 5 years while Draymond declines and the bench all retires doesnt sound like a smart business decision.

ArbitraryWater
05-08-2019, 02:33 PM

You gonna win a title with Curry, Klay on a max deal, and Draymond, with a shit bench?

Daryl Morey said it best, either you're trying to win a title or you're not, and without Durant on the current Warriors roster, they dont have a chance in hell. Maxing out Klay for 5 years while Draymond declines and the bench all retires doesnt sound like a smart business decision.

lol

UK2K
05-08-2019, 02:43 PM
lol

You really think this GS team without Durant wins the title? Or that they even have a chance?

Come on, meow. I know you know better.

NBAGOAT
05-08-2019, 02:46 PM

they will let dray go next year with iggy and sign someone else. It's just a one year turnaround. On the other hand, wat's the point of blowing it up and having only Curry left

sdot_thadon
05-08-2019, 02:49 PM
Yep this is a big one, fingers crossed. Not even gonna say more, in anti jinx mode.:oldlol:

IllegalD
05-08-2019, 02:56 PM
Houston steals game 5, then win game 6 at home. Durant leaves for NYK, Klay leaves because GS isnt offering him the max if Durant leaves, Kerr retires because the Warriors are gutted...

Its possible people point to tonight to signify the beginning of the end of the Warriors dynasty.

If Houston beats the Warriors then it completely eliminates every excuse ever made for LeBron's pathetic finals record, so it would actually impact his legacy negatively no matter what.

:lebroncry: :lebronamazed:

superduper
05-08-2019, 02:57 PM
If Houston beats the Warriors then it completely eliminates every excuse ever made for LeBron's pathetic finals record, so it would actually impact his legacy negatively no matter what.

:lebroncry: :lebronamazed:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

HylianNightmare
05-08-2019, 06:41 PM
Go harden

ImKobe
05-08-2019, 06:49 PM
You didnt watch the game, did you?

Half of those shots were wide open, with no defender around.

Bold gameplan to leave Houston wide open from the outside, but it paid off, so good call.

I watched the game.. Hardly any of them were actually open, a lot of bad shot attempts within those misses. Rockets play by the analytics but they take a bunch of BAD shots.

Just take a quick look at the replay if you don't believe me..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jox6ggZpxnI

Tell me, how many wide open 3s do you count in this video?

Warriors played good/great defense on almost all of these shots. You'll find way more highly-contested and last-second ones..maybe a quarter of them are actually open/good threes.

highwhey
05-08-2019, 07:01 PM
You really think this GS team without Durant wins the title? Or that they even have a chance?

Come on, meow. I know you know better.
without durant, they are still a very good team with a legitimate path to the finals. a healthy rockets can beat them, but that's all dependent on health.

people try to downplay the warriors to prop up durant. i haven't forgotten they have another FMVP on the roster. i haven't forgotten that in the playoffs, Klay, Dray and Iggy are all elite defenders that can defend as good as a DPOY, not that they will win that award, but when it matters the most they can play lock down defense with the best of them.

in a vacuum, if you took away those 3 elite defenders while keeping their offense, even with Durant on the team, this series against Houston is a whole lot closer. i'd even give the edge to Houston. Durant is great, but he's surrounded by elite defenders and 3pt shooters. let's not downplay this team that previously won a title without Durant and went 73-9.

Spurs m8
05-08-2019, 07:47 PM
LOL

Okay, first of all, the real problem with Houston winning this series and if they won the title, is the league copying their style of play....would be the literal worst thing to come from it. Its not even basketball, its the most boring, unwatchable thing ever.
But the career chokers and floppers won't win the title, thank god.

Secondly, I doubt Houston winning this series has anything to do with KD or Klay leaving.

Thirdly, Kerr isn't leaving yet.

MiseryCityTexas
05-08-2019, 08:02 PM
I can actually see Durant staying if they lose this series as otherwise it would look like he is jumping ship when the going gets tough. If they win again, I'm sure he'll feel much better about leaving. Plus Kyrie is no longer the player he was in 2016. But yes, this series could still alter the league for the next few years although I can see Durant ask for a player option on the second year of his contract if he stays put.

Current Kyrie Irving's not even as good as 2013 era Kyrie Irving was. That Kyrie irving, Dion Waiters backcourt upset a lot of 500 play-off teams during the 2013 regular season evn though that team overall sucked ass.
Irving, Waiters and even Alonzo gee had their moment when they dominated a game or two. That 2013 Cavs team was fun to watch even though they sucked, because that team had some sick ass iso ball moments.

Walk on Water
05-08-2019, 09:27 PM

You actually think the Rockets can win 4 straight?

highwhey
05-08-2019, 09:31 PM
golden state wins tonight guaranteed

LeCola
05-08-2019, 09:41 PM
Dudes Nba is already altered by Garnett, Kobe and Lebron.

Remember Garnett-Pierce-Ray
Remember Nash-Kobe-Gasol-Howard
Remember Lebron-Wade-Bosh

Now, Houston: Harden-Paul-Gordon-Capela
76ers: Embiid-Simmons-Butler-Harris
Celtics: Irving-Horford-Hayward-Tatum-Jaylen

Nba is already altered, what would happen if Durant goes New York? He will built a new super team with Irving and another star. So?

MJistheGOAT
05-08-2019, 09:46 PM
I don

Draz
05-08-2019, 09:48 PM
if durant left the warriors for new york the power rankings would be

#1 - rockets

#2 - bucks

#3 - warriors ( with just steph, draymond, cousins and klay is definitely staying )

#3 - clippers or raptors depending where kawhi signs

#4 - Nuggets

#5 - Sixers

#6 - Portland

#7 - Knicks ( they'll struggle a bit regardless if they get durant and kyrie )

#8 - OKC

#9 - Utah

#10 - Sacramento

#11 - Dallas

#12 - Indiana

#13 - Brooklyn

#14 - Minny

#15 - maybe the lakers if they get another borderline allstar and lebron plays at least 70 games

sorry but theres still no title in line for lebron or the lakers. and making the playoffs will still be a long shot unless klay leaves the warriors for them. which is 1 in 1000

You're forgetting the other moves the Knicks will make to adjust the roster.

Other players will be wanting to play in NY if they come.

And honestly, I'm not too sold on Kyrie. I'd have Kemba take less

red1
05-08-2019, 09:49 PM
warriors aren't going to drop three in a row especially not to a legit rival in the rockets. kd and steph will light them up tonight.

Im so nba'd out
05-08-2019, 09:52 PM

Change everything?

The warriors are gonna break up regardless.Last year was their last ring no matter if KD stays or goes(he's leaving no matter what)

Klay is not going anywhere, he wouldnt dare strike off on his own and lead a team.

Everyone knows Hou is gonna win, gsw has absolutely no bench.

Harden > Durant

Kerr aint going nowhere

Grey Dawn
05-08-2019, 10:00 PM
Stupid proposition.

GS winning or losing has no bearing on whether their stars are leaving, what ever they

highwhey
05-08-2019, 10:36 PM
OP going be laughed at after tonight's game when warriors beat houston

Proctor
05-10-2019, 11:35 PM
:yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy:

sammichoffate
05-10-2019, 11:48 PM
:yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy::lol

highwhey
05-10-2019, 11:49 PM
OP going be laughed at after tonight's game when warriors beat houston