PDA

View Full Version : Bucks has the best and deepest roster

90sgoat
05-08-2019, 10:16 PM
Yes, better than the Warriors, which have no bench.

Bledsoe
Mirotic
Lopez
Middleton
Ilyasova
Connaughton
George Hill
Brogdon

8 deep outside Giannis

Bledsoe, Mirotic and Middleton are borderline all stars.

Brogdon is a future all star.

Lopez, Hill, Ilyasova are top tier vets.

No other team is as deeo.

Kblaze8855
05-08-2019, 10:23 PM
Nah. What happening here is people mistaking chemistry for talent.

Happens all the time. Teams plays well together then suddenly they are "stacked".

A stacked team has players who are stars on other teams.

You listed a gang of role players who play well together. It makes them a great basketball team. It doesnt make them individually great pieces.

Those things are not the same and it often seems people have trouble with that as a concept.

You dont need a lot of great players to have a great team.

imdaman99
05-08-2019, 10:24 PM
Didn't they have most of the same team from last year? I guess they added Lopez, who's been perfect for them with the spacing and blocked shots. Giannis took that step too. But I give it up to their coach, he really is great. In Atlanta he didn't have that dog on his team, bunch of good players but no dog like Giannis.

SamuraiSWISH
In the east? It’s between them, Boston and Philly. It doesn’t matter, because even if Milwaukee even gets to the finals, they’re definitely getting curb stomped there.

RealSkipBayless
Imagine if Embiid had help like that?

imdaman99
05-08-2019, 10:25 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]In the east? It

bigkingsfan
05-08-2019, 10:27 PM
Most people had them 4/5 in the East

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24365036/nba-standings-predictions-espn-summer-forecast

90sgoat
05-08-2019, 10:34 PM

I know talent when I see it and Middleton is at least at Klay's level.

Middleton is a low level star now.

I don't like players like Bledsoe, but put him on Charlotte and he doesn't do much worse than Kemba.

Mirotic on a bad team like Sacramento could be an all star if first option.

Philly are probably better at 1 - 5, but their bench suck.

That's were Bucks have George Hill, multiple time playoff performer, Ilyasova the same.

Xiao Yao You
05-08-2019, 10:37 PM

I don't like players like Bledsoe, but put him on Charlotte and he doesn't do much worse than Kemba.

That's were Bucks have George Hill, multiple time playoff performer, Ilyasova the same.

Mirotic and Bledsoe aren't stars

NBAGOAT
05-08-2019, 10:45 PM
they arent superstars but bledsoe and middleton are all star types. Brogdon is all you want from a 3/d guy and lopez can shoot and rim protect. Around someone as dominant as giannis, it's formidable and why they were so good during the RS(Milbuck convinced me pretty well).

GS is still better however. Philly's talent can get overrated and they arent deep but they do have a better second guy in Butler. I lean Phi but Mil can be argued as better however(i'm giving too much credit to Simmons' raw talent most likely). toronto has big name veterans who will get more attention but arent as good as they used to be. Like lowry/gasol is pretty close to bledsoe/lopez even if the first sounds better on paper.

I've made the blasphemous comparison with the 90s sonics. They were certainly a talented team.

90sgoat
05-08-2019, 10:48 PM
Yep, worth noticing is that Bucks players are all in their prime.

Not old like Raps and not too young like Boston.

Butler is better than Middleton (by a little), but Bledsoe now is better than Reddick. Mirotic is better than Simmons.

TheCorporation
05-08-2019, 10:50 PM
I love the deflections.

Keep them coming, nice work! :lol :lol

NBASTATMAN
05-08-2019, 10:53 PM
Yes, better than the Warriors, which have no bench.

Bledsoe
Mirotic
Lopez
Middleton
Ilyasova
Connaughton
George Hill
Brogdon

8 deep outside Giannis

Bledsoe, Mirotic and Middleton are borderline all stars.

Brogdon is a future all star.

Lopez, Hill, Ilyasova are top tier vets.

No other team is as deeo.

YOU MAKING EXCUSES FOR KYRIE.. :roll:

I do believe they are a very good collection of talent.. No more than Boston though.. The big difference is THE GREEK FREAK IS JUST A BETTER ALL AROUND PLAYER THAT KYRIE..

3ball
05-08-2019, 10:53 PM

Happens all the time. Teams plays well together then suddenly they are "stacked".

You listed a gang of role players who play well together. It makes them a great basketball team. It doesnt make them individually great pieces.

Those things are not the same and it often seems people have trouble with that as a concept.

that's gold Jerry

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/CoarseNeedyCanine-size_restricted.gif

90sgoat
05-08-2019, 10:55 PM
THE GREEK FREAK

You must refer to the Nefarious Nigerian.

Jasper
05-08-2019, 10:59 PM

Wally450
05-08-2019, 11:52 PM

Yooooooo

:roll: :roll:

MJistheGOAT
05-09-2019, 12:01 AM
top 8 men rotation is key for the regular season (Bucks #1 seed) but less important in playoffs.

top 5 GSW are clearly better.

I agree on chemistry, Bucks are #1 in that regard, but star power/talent of GS is another thing.

Rudeboy3
05-09-2019, 12:19 AM

elite poster right here :applause:

No one knew or even gave af about Pat before he joined the bucks. Any team could have traded for Hill but didn't. Everyone clowned lopez before he started to show out in Milwaukee. Funny how quickly the narrative changed from the bucks are too heavily reliant on Giannis to them being "stacked"

Rudeboy3
05-09-2019, 12:21 AM

Naero
05-09-2019, 02:05 AM

Bingo.

The Bucks have a fighting chance against the Warriors, but it's not because their talent outmatches (or even comparably matches) theirs; it's because their motivation, coaching staff, and cohesion maximize their actual talent. It's called synergy—synthesizing an impact greater than the sum of their parts.

They're really not too dissimilar to the pre-Durant Warriors: a young, talented team that only saw its true breakthrough once they found a well-suited coach to cultivate a championship culture. Both franchises were uprated from first-round fodder to title-contenders without drastically changing their rosters, yet some suddenly call them "stacked to the teeth" more because of their results than their units.

And1AllDay
05-09-2019, 02:22 AM
YOU MAKING EXCUSES FOR KYRIE.. :roll:

I do believe they are a very good collection of talent.. No more than Boston though.. The big difference is THE GREEK FREAK IS JUST A BETTER ALL AROUND PLAYER THAT KYRIE..

Trying to downplay Brons 2016 ring anyway he can is just pathetic

DCL
05-09-2019, 02:34 AM
bucks got guys who don't care who is having a hot night. they don't have any ball hog mentality. everyone of them, including giannis, is willing to let some other teammate shine when that is the better option. then you look at boston, the team they just schooled. on paper, the celts have more talent than milwaukee, but who cares? that's just paper. on the court everyone in boston was insecure af and not willing to sacrifice nor share anything. you can tell the bucks all love playing with each other while the celts were the opposite.

MiseryCityTexas
05-09-2019, 02:46 AM
Ilyasova has always been nice on the Bucks. he was lowkey the truth when he played on the 2011 Bucks with Brandon Jennings.

Kblaze8855
05-09-2019, 06:04 AM
[QUOTE=Naero]Bingo.

The Bucks have a fighting chance against the Warriors, but it's not because their talent outmatches (or even comparably matches) theirs; it's because their motivation, coaching staff, and cohesion maximize their actual talent. It's called synergy

RoseCity07
05-09-2019, 06:07 AM
It's Middleton and Giannis. Which is quite good. Then a bunch of role players.

They aren't deep but they have great chemistry.

MJistheGOAT
05-09-2019, 08:39 AM
I like Bucks chances against Rockets or non-KD injured GSW.
And I think they are favourites against Raptors.

sd3035
05-09-2019, 09:03 AM
It seems like Johhny Akwetakwumpo might be the best player in the league already, and maybe for the next 5-10 years

ArbitraryWater
05-09-2019, 10:22 AM

Usually I call any well rhymed team stacked, as in, they made themselves stacked...

but in this case, while these guys are all good players, its also a case of them meshing well together...

put a few of these guys on another team, the 3rd-onwards top guys, and I could see them not working at all and being a mediocre team.

But they somehow all maximize their play/potential together.

DaHeezy
05-09-2019, 10:25 AM

:lol
You just described role players

ArbitraryWater
05-09-2019, 10:47 AM
:lol
You just described role players

Middleton really is a star

and Bledsoe a fringe all star

jayfan
05-09-2019, 10:51 AM

True, but 'stacked' and good depth are two different things. No one would call the Clippers stacked, but they have nice depth. Even if OKC's bench had nice chemistry, no one would call them a deep team.

Xiao Yao You
05-09-2019, 11:12 AM
Middleton really is a star

and Bledsoe a fringe all star

16 pts 5 rbds 6 ass 1.5 stls is a fringe all star? Must play in the east

3ball
09-04-2020, 11:34 PM
Agreed

It's Giannis' beginner jumpshot that is getting exploited and allowing the opponent to contain him and his team