PDA

View Full Version : How many championships does lebron win with pippen and rodman?

paksat
05-09-2019, 08:05 PM
oh wait... who's gonna shoot the ball?

:roll:

SpaceJam2
05-09-2019, 08:05 PM
LeBron..

RRR3
05-09-2019, 08:07 PM
Does he get to play back in the era where nobody could shoot?

LeBron would look like Curry back then :lol

8-12 rings.

SpaceJam2
05-09-2019, 08:09 PM
Does he get to play back in the era where nobody could shoot?

LeBron would look like Curry back then :lol

8-12 rings.

:roll: :roll:

LeRange

LeSplash

LeMechanic Slayer

RRR3
05-09-2019, 08:12 PM
:roll: :roll:

LeRange

LeSplash

LeMechanic Slayer
MJ once shot 13.2% from 3 and he was considered an elite shooter back then :lol

Let that sink in.

Vino24
05-09-2019, 08:15 PM
8 straight. Back then to be an elite team all you had to do was score over 90ppg. Having three of the GOAT perimeter defenders on the same team? game over.

G0ATbe
05-09-2019, 08:23 PM
Seeing as he wouldnt need to take years off i could legit see him winning 10 at least. That would be the most dominant defensive team ever by far

SpaceJam2
05-09-2019, 08:26 PM
Seeing as he wouldnt need to take years off i could legit see him winning 10 at least. That would be the most dominant defensive team ever by far

Great point because Jordan was an inferior defender to LeBron who might seriously be the best non center playoff defender in NBA history. I mean, he blows MJ out of the water in all defensive metrics and he was supposedly way up there on the defensive ranks, so...

bigkingsfan
05-09-2019, 08:31 PM
He would turn Rodman into the GOAT spot up shooter.

SpaceJam2
05-09-2019, 08:36 PM
He would turn Rodman into the GOAT spot up shooter.

Excellent take. We already saw what he did for Kyrie's career. Kyrie is a bonafide Hall of famer now, all thanks to LeBron. Like literally think about that. If LeBron doesn't boost Kyrie's legacy to great heights for those 3 years then he'd be another 1st round exit King

90sgoat
05-09-2019, 08:44 PM
Lebron is a Derrick McKey level talent in the 90s.

Smoke117
05-09-2019, 08:46 PM

Well if it's the 90s...does it really matter? They weren't exactly blowing it up as far as shooting in that era. Having Pippen, Rodman, and then (I assume) a prime LeBron defensively is a pretty damn dominate defense. Scottie and LeBron are two of the greatest open court players of all time so they'd get a lot of easy points in transition.

Vino24
05-09-2019, 08:48 PM
LeBron also has the GOAT load management of any all time great player. 8 straight :biggums: :biggums:

Bronbron23
05-09-2019, 08:50 PM

Same as mj most likely as long as he was willing to listen to Phil and play within the system

paksat
05-09-2019, 08:52 PM
ISH illuminati crew in the house :roll:

SpaceJam2
05-09-2019, 08:53 PM
LeBron also has the GOAT load management of any all time great player. 8 straight :biggums: :biggums:

His GameScore of the 2018 Pacers series showed us

Bron had a higher game score than the next 5 players on his team

COMBINED

Never happened before in NBA history :applause:

Vino24
05-09-2019, 08:54 PM
His GameScore of the 2018 Pacers series showed us

Bron had a higher game score than the next 5 players on his team

COMBINED

Never happened before in NBA history :applause:
:wtf: that is crazy

jstern
05-09-2019, 09:00 PM
That would be tough since Lebron depends so much on opportunity scoring, dominating the ball so much, rather than creating at will like Jordan in a plethora of ways, while not dominating the ball.

Add to that hand checking and a lot less spacing. I don't think he gets even one. Not in the 90s. Lebron would need more help and less physical defense. Or completely change his whole game to something other than Lebron ball.

SpaceJam2
05-09-2019, 09:04 PM
:wtf: that is crazy

Doesn't even compute or make sense. I bet it would be hard to find a playoff series victory where one guy has even 3 of his teammates covered, but ****ing 5? :lol

https://i.postimg.cc/K8zHntbp/GOAT-playoff-carry.png

LeBron = 30
Love, Hill, Korver, Nance, Thompson = 29

:wtf:

Vino24
05-09-2019, 09:04 PM
That would be tough since Lebron depends so much on opportunity scoring, dominating the ball so much, rather than creating at will like Jordan in a plethora of ways, while not dominating the ball.

Add to that hand checking and a lot less spacing. I don't think he gets even one. Not in the 90s. Lebron would need more help and less physical defense. Or completely change his whole game to something other than Lebron ball.
LeBron already led everyone in everything without having any elite perimeter defenders at his side. Having Rodman and Pippen to take his defensive load? game over. LeBron could focus on scoring and average 40ppg+

SpaceJam2
05-09-2019, 09:07 PM
LeBron already led everyone in everything without having any elite perimeter defenders at his side. Having Rodman and Pippen to take his defensive load? game over. LeBron could focus on scoring and average 40ppg+

It would be Jordan on steroids

Plus dont forget he would be playing against 10.7 ppg #2 options :lol

sdot_thadon
05-09-2019, 09:08 PM
depends on how long he gets them.

3 years like 2nd 3peat Mj? 3 titles.

His whole career? Alot. Pippen made 17 all league teams, Rodman 10. They'd be one of the best defensive cores ever. I think he'd increase both Pippen and Rodman's scoring as he'd have 2 athletic cutting weapons. Pippen moreso than Rodman obviously. He and Scottie could potentially replicate the chemistry he and Wade had but with more time together.

3ball
05-09-2019, 09:21 PM
The only guys that reach their capacity next to bron are great shooters, aka kyrie and mo...

So Pippen would be nothing next to lebron because pippen can't shoot - his scoring would get reduced like Jamison's was, who was a better scorer than pippen...

And Pippen's playmaking would get reduced like Wade's did, whose APG cratered alongside Bron... ultimately, MJ built Pippen and lebron wouldn't be able to.... So lebron wouldn't win shit from 91-93'

Now let's talk 1st three-peat - when did lebron win a ring without a perennial all-star and all-nba achieving 3rd option?... Grant wasn't anywhere near that

Now let's talk 2nd three-peat - they won via teamwork, not talent - Pippen averaged 17 on 41% for the 96-98' playoffs and rodman averaged 4/8 for the 97' playoffs (wasn't the starter in 98' playoffs).... sorry, but lebron-ball has NEVER yielded great teamwork that could win with weak supporting talent/production

Hope that helps space jam, Corp, lambtuh, smoke and the like.. :confusedshrug:

SpaceJam2
05-09-2019, 09:25 PM
The only guys that reach their capacity next to bron are great shooters, aka kyrie and mo...

So Pippen would be nothing next to lebron because pippen can't shoot - his scoring would get reduced like Jamison's was, who was a better scorer than pippen...

And Pippen's playmaking would get reduced like Wade's did, whose APG cratered alongside Bron... ultimately, MJ built Pippen and lebron wouldn't be able to.... So lebron wouldn't win shit from 91-93'

Now let's talk 1st three-peat - when did lebron win a ring without a perennial all-star and all-nba achieving 3rd option?... Grant wasn't anywhere near that

Now let's talk 2nd three-peat - they won via teamwork, not talent - Pippen averaged 17 on 41% for the 96-98' playoffs and rodman averaged 4/8 for the 97' playoffs (wasn't the starter in 98' playoffs).... sorry, but lebron-ball has NEVER yielded great teamwork that could win with weak supporting talent/production

WRONG, Grant had the highest ORtg for a 3rd option in NBA history are you high?

:hammerhead:

The fraud strikes again :no:

Horace Grant was MJ’s third option in the 91, 92, and 93 playoffs and Grant posted an EXTREMELY efficient ORtg of 130 in 1991--sounds ridiculously high, right!? Well, that’s because it is. Yes, Grant led the entire league that year in ORtg during the 1991 playoffs, as a third option. Shall we scour the data bases to see how other third options have done, such as the likes of Kevin Love and Chris Bosh?

How many THIRD options ever put up numbers this good?

3 year best ORtg for third options:

Horrace Grant: 130, 127, 127 .. ('91, '92, '93) ... AVG = 128
Manu Ginobli: 124, 122, 115 .. ('05, '16, '06) ... AVG = 120.3
Kevin Love: 120, 118, 114 .. ('17, '15, '16) ... AVG = 117.3
Kareem Abdul: 119, 118, 113 .. ('87, '85, '83) ... AVG = 116.6
Chris Bosh: 119, 115, 111 .. ('14, '12, '11) ... AVG = 115
Draymond Green: 119, 113, 112 .. ('17, '16, '14) ... AVG = 114.6
Ray Allen: 117, 111, 110 .. ('08, '10, '09) ... AVG = 112.6

So clearly not only did MJ have the GOAT 2nd option, he also had the GOAT 3rd option playing with him.

jstern
05-09-2019, 09:36 PM

Yeah, his game is built on accumulating stats at the expense of his teams.

Lets not forget that he also went to 8 Finals in a row in probably the weakest conference in sports history, while team hopping and stacking the deck in his favor, with players that can score under pressure, like Wade, Kyrie, Ray Allen. There will be no free trips to the Finals in the 90s.

Pippen is not that great of a scorer to begin with, Lebron doesn't have the offensive talent to adjust to his teammates like a GOAT off the ball player like Jordan. With the addition of Lebron, not having the offensive talent to playing anything other than Lebron ball, Pippen would not be able to play to his strengths, and if he wants to survive he better learn to become a good spot up shooter.

It would just be a disaster if you replace Jordan with Lebron on those 90s Bulls. Strong East, no free trips to the Finals, hand checking, less spacing, and Pippen demoted to a spot up shooter. You would not be a fan of his because he would just be another average star trying to make it to the Finals, under the 90s rules, instead of the best player in the world. You would probably stan whoever else was most popular at the time.

Smoke117
05-09-2019, 09:39 PM

Pippen would do nothing...but be the best defensive player in the league who wasn't a PF or C. You fukking idiot. That alone makes him incredibly invaluable. To have a SF be a top 5 to 10 defensive player in the league.

tpols
05-09-2019, 10:41 PM

Add to that scottie pippen wouldnt have been as great defensively without getting beat down in practice every day by the GOAT scorer... would still be great but not as great. The spacing fit would also make dwayne wade look like he was ray allen.

Smoke117
05-09-2019, 10:43 PM
Add to that scottie pippen wouldnt have been as great defensively without getting beat down in practice every day by the GOAT scorer... would still be great but not as great. The spacing fit would also make dwayne wade look like he was ray allen.

You realize what makes Pippen the GOAT perimeter defensive player was his help/team defense and not his one on one defense, right? There are stories about how he would call out a teams play before even they knew what they were going to do. One on One defense (which he was very good at) wasn't what made him the GOAT defensive player, moron.

tpols
05-09-2019, 10:47 PM
You realize what makes Pippen the GOAT perimeter defensive player was his help/team defense and not his one on one defense, right? There are stories about how he would call out a teams play before even they knew what they were going to do. One on One defense (which he was very good at) wasn't what made him the GOAT defensive player, moron.

MJ helped to improve his defense overall. Of course jordan was already a DPOY... you dont think he shared tips and helped in his tutelege?

dummy..?

Vino24
05-09-2019, 10:49 PM
MJ helped to improve his defense overall. Of course jordan was already a DPOY... you dont think he shared tips and helped in his tutelege?

dummy..?
Jordan was 1-9 before Pippen took the defensive load and elevated MJ

Smoke117
05-09-2019, 10:49 PM

dummy..?

That you think saying that like it means anything is hilarious. Hakeem Olajuwon should have been the DPOY in that 88 season without doubt. Was Ron Artest also the best defensive player in the league when he was given the DPOY award in 2004? He wasn't even the best defensive player on his own team. :oldlol: Pippen was also much better defensively in 94 and 95 than Jordan ever was and didn't win shit. Jordan's DPOY means nothing when he wasn't even close to being a top 5 defensive player in the league. He got it because of popularity not actual impact as all perimeter players have over the years. Or do you actually believe Gary Payton was the best defensive player in 96? Again, he wasn't even the most impactful defensive player on his own team! (Kemp was)

DaHeezy
05-09-2019, 10:58 PM

Besides Kerr? And have Harper and Pippen take top 2 defensive pairings? Have Kukoc off the bench?

I guess Lebron does

He wins a few. He did with shittier players and coaches

paksat
05-10-2019, 12:07 AM
Besides Kerr? And have Harper and Pippen take top 2 defensive pairings? Have Kukoc off the bench?

I guess Lebron does

He wins a few. He did with shittier players and coaches

post their stats since they're good scorers/playmakers that don't need mj

the irony here is the lakers are in a similar position offensively as l39ron would be on this bulls team

you don't have kyrie/wade/bosh out there doing what they do. You got pippen ( which you can't even name a go to move that he has, because he don't fcking have one ), and to a much lesser degree toni and harper

remember this is the unskilled 90s, so these guys can't shoot anything but hook shots right simon?

paksat
05-10-2019, 12:16 AM
dwyane wade in the "Much more skilled era" according to simon

22 ppg on 48%

kyrie in the skillz era

22 ppg on 46%

chris bosh

19 ppg on 49%

kevin love

18 ppg on 44% also 11 rpg

unskilled mailmen era help that mj had

kukoc 11.6 on 44%

kerr 6.0 on 48%

harper 13.6 on 44%

pippen 16 on 47%

inb4 "but but but defense"

no no no it's the unskilled 90s

Smoke117
05-10-2019, 12:20 AM

22 ppg on 48%

kyrie in the skillz era

22 ppg on 46%

chris bosh

19 ppg on 49%

kevin love

kukoc 11.6 on 44%

kerr 6.0 on 48%

harper 13.6 on 44%

pippen 16 on 47%

You okay, bro?

paksat
05-10-2019, 12:20 AM
no no no no

Smoke117
05-10-2019, 12:22 AM

no no no, what? I don't care, mate. I honestly don't even know what you are going on about as I've barely read this thread. You just seem a bit too much into everything you are posting for a shitty board like this. I just want to make sure you are well, homeboy.

paksat
05-10-2019, 12:28 AM
I honestly don't even know what you are going on about as I've barely read this thread.

"That you think saying that like it means anything is hilarious. Hakeem Olajuwon should have been the DPOY in that 88 season without doubt. Was Ron Artest also the best defensive player in the league when he was given the DPOY award in 2004? He wasn't even the best defensive player on his own team. Pippen was also much better defensively in 94 and 95 than Jordan ever was and didn't win shit. Jordan's DPOY means nothing when he wasn't even close to being a top 5 defensive player in the league. He got it because of popularity not actual impact as all perimeter players have over the years. Or do you actually believe Gary Payton was the best defensive player in 96? Again, he wasn't even the most impactful defensive player on his own team! (Kemp was)"

Bawkish
05-10-2019, 01:20 AM
That you think saying that like it means anything is hilarious. Hakeem Olajuwon should have been the DPOY in that 88 season without doubt. Was Ron Artest also the best defensive player in the league when he was given the DPOY award in 2004? He wasn't even the best defensive player on his own team. :oldlol: Pippen was also much better defensively in 94 and 95 than Jordan ever was and didn't win shit. Jordan's DPOY means nothing when he wasn't even close to being a top 5 defensive player in the league. He got it because of popularity not actual impact as all perimeter players have over the years. Or do you actually believe Gary Payton was the best defensive player in 96? Again, he wasn't even the most impactful defensive player on his own team! (Kemp was)

LOL what makes you think Hakeem deserved that DPOY over MJ?

MJ is the 1st player to have 200 steals & 100 blocks in a season & he's a 2 guard. He also did it the previous season (1987)

And1AllDay
05-10-2019, 01:28 AM

22 ppg on 48%

kyrie in the skillz era

22 ppg on 46%

chris bosh

19 ppg on 49%

kevin love

kukoc 11.6 on 44%

kerr 6.0 on 48%

harper 13.6 on 44%

pippen 16 on 47%

You alright bruh?

GimmeThat
05-10-2019, 02:02 AM
I don't know, but a Lebron James team beat a 73-9 team to win the championship, who was Lebron James before Lebron James' teammates? he was the #1 pick of the 2003 draft

"I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me"

would rodman even join forces with Pippen to help Lebron compete and give up the opportunity for a FMVP?

money makes you do crazy things, but none crazier than being in love with the division of substance, instead of the substantial to be the division of monetary

And1AllDay
05-10-2019, 02:04 AM
I don't know, but a Lebron James team beat a 73-9 team to win the championship, who was Lebron James before Lebron James' teammates? he was the #1 pick of the 2003 draft

"I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me"

would rodman even join forces with Pippen to help Lebron compete and give up the opportunity for a FMVP?

money makes you do crazy things, but none crazier than being in love with the division of substance, instead of the substantial to be the division of monetary

Nice The Departed quote :cheers: