PDA

View Full Version : Steph Curry's legacy on the line

Hey Yo
05-10-2019, 12:06 PM
If he shits to bed like he's been doing this whole series and GS loses in 7, Steph will never be looked at the same again.

Just another above avg. player who happens to be the best long distance shooter in NBA history. That's quite a title to have :sleeping

SouBeachTalents
05-10-2019, 12:08 PM
Nah, his legacy was much more on the line in 2016. Unless he plays terribly, I doubt many people are going to hold losing this series against him.

I actually think it's Durant's legacy that's more on the line. If the Warriors actually knock off the Rockets with him missing crucial games and quarters of the series, then win the title with him injured and in more of a supporting role, all the criticisms of him joining the Warriors will be given even more legitimacy.

Big164
05-10-2019, 12:12 PM
Forget KD & Cousins....They dont even have Harrison Barnes anymore!!!

This team is a weaker version of 2015. Its the weakest version of the Warriors in the last 6 years.

FreezingTsmoove
05-10-2019, 12:20 PM
That man is a 3 time champion he has nothing left to prove, its all gravy at this point

Hey Yo
05-10-2019, 12:23 PM
Nah, his legacy was much more on the line in 2016. Unless he plays terribly, I doubt many people are going to hold losing this series against him.

I actually think it's Durant's legacy that's more on the line. If the Warriors actually knock off the Rockets with him missing crucial games and quarters of the series, then win the title with him injured and in more of a supporting role, all the criticisms of him joining the Warriors will be given even more legitimacy.
I see people constantly say how much KD benefits from Curry just being on the floor. As if he draws triple teams and KD has wide open looks with no one within 8 feet of him.

If Steph still "has it'" then he needs to step up and show he can still go balls out and lead the team to victory without KD's 35pts a game.

It's takeover time for him from the opening tip of game 6 tonight. If he wants to act like a cocky fvck after making his 10th 3pt shot on 52 attempts, then show us what you got for an entire game without Daddy KD

ArbitraryWater
05-10-2019, 12:29 PM

This team is a weaker version of 2015. Its the weakest version of the Warriors in the last 6 years.

the fact you mention cousins :roll: :roll:

tontoz
05-10-2019, 12:36 PM
GS has a record of 29-4 without KD, but with Steph, since KD joined them.

Last game GS scored 32 points in the 4th quarter, their highest scoring quarter, without KD. Game was tied after 3 quarters.

KD went out with 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Curry scored 16 the rest of the game.

TheCorporation
05-10-2019, 12:42 PM
B-b-b-b-but they're missing Harrison Barnes :(

elementally morale
05-10-2019, 12:52 PM
No. The 2019 Western Conference Finals participant is on the line.

TheCorporation
05-10-2019, 12:53 PM
No. The 2019 Western Conference Finals participant is on the line.

They lose in 2017 w/o KD

elementally morale
05-10-2019, 12:54 PM
They lose in 2017 w/o KD

They don't lose in 2017 because it's 2019. We have no way of knowing what would have happened. We know what did happen. What we don't know is: what is going to happen this year. This series. So this is on the line.

The past cannot be on the line.

TheCorporation
05-10-2019, 12:57 PM
They don't lose in 2017 because it's 2019. We have no way of knowing what would have happened. We know what did happen. What we don't know is: what is going to happen this year. This series. So this is on the line.

The past cannot be on the line.

I'll break it down for you slowly. The Warriors need Kevin Durant.

So yes, Stephen Curry's legacy is on the line. In 2015 LeBron was missing his number two and number three player.

Warriors fans cry because they were missing their number four player for one game in 2016 :lol

Next

Stephonit
05-10-2019, 12:57 PM
If he shits to bed like he's been doing this whole series and GS loses in 7, Steph will never be looked at the same again.

Just another above avg. player who happens to be the best long distance shooter in NBA history. That's quite a title to have :sleeping

How will he be looked at if he wins another championship this year?

TheCorporation
05-10-2019, 12:59 PM
How will he be looked at if he wins another championship this year?

In the weak West?

He has to battle with the Nuggets or Blazers to make it in? :lol

GimmeThat
05-10-2019, 12:59 PM
It's really the fact that this is only the 2nd round. He hasn't shown he can be built around, nor the ability to piece the puzzle together.

Kerr has done all he can, and they can no longer rely on Shaun Livingston, because they lack the additional slasher over jump shooter

I suppose it's also just the matter if he can get over his fear of being nothing more than a jump shooter in order to get the splash brothers going, as for his driving ability? It put his team in foul jeopardy since their line up is so small, and his teammates need to focus on boxing out in order make up the size differences.

elementally morale
05-10-2019, 01:01 PM
I'll break it down for you slowly. The Warriors need Kevin Durant.

So yes, Stephen Curry's legacy is on the line.

Nothing happens to Curry's all time fame if he loses this series. It's hard to adjust from one game to another. If the Warriors win Curry will go up. If they lose this year nothing happens. If Durant leaves the team and Curry never gets beyond the 2nd round from here on out as the best player on a team... then we are talking.

FKAri
05-10-2019, 01:05 PM
That man is a 3 time champion he has nothing left to prove, its all gravy at this point
We're not talking about Lebron tho

TheCorporation
05-10-2019, 01:08 PM
We're not talking about Lebron tho

https://i.postimg.cc/PJw2h6g9/ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

ArbitraryWater
05-10-2019, 01:08 PM
Nothing happens to Curry's all time fame if he loses this series. It's hard to adjust from one game to another. If the Warriors win Curry will go up. If they lose this year nothing happens. If Durant leaves the team and Curry never gets beyond the 2nd round from here on out as the best player on a team... then we are talking.

Um, logically, it can't be like that.

He's in his prime.

tpols
05-10-2019, 01:22 PM
Chefs already done more and won more than your hero chico...including h2h spanking.

Even in worst case scenario he loses in the 2nd round to one of the best teams in the league.

How much we docking bran for missing the playoffs in the wild west?

elementally morale
05-10-2019, 01:22 PM
Um, logically, it can't be like that.

He's in his prime.

Had they lost Durant in March, sure. But middle of a series? I don't see much happening. If they manage to win without Durant it will do good to Curry and bad to Harden. If the Rockets win, it will do good to Harden and CP3 and not much to Curry. Losing a player of Durant's caliber is huge. If you can't adjust on the fly there is always next year, especially if you are a champion both with and without said player.

Curry's legacy IS taking a hit though. He is playing subpar basketball for his talent this postseason so far. So in my eyes he went down already a little bit. But it was due to his play. If he plays great and they lose the next to games... it won't change a thing. If he plays bad... yeah, sure. He did play... pretty bad so far I'd say.

RRR3
05-10-2019, 01:24 PM
Chefs already done more and won more than your hero chico...including h2h spanking.

Even in worst case scenario he loses in the 2nd round to one of the best teams in the league.

How much we docking bran for missing the playoffs in the wild west?
LeBron LeBron LeBron

dazzer87
05-10-2019, 01:37 PM
a dude that won 3 rings and his legacy on the line? Another retard bran stan....More like Harden and Cp0 legacy on the line. NO MORE EXCUSES.

GimmeThat
05-10-2019, 01:47 PM
In some sense, we are all saying some version of our twisted truth is on the line.

But yes, Steph Curry's legacy is on the line the way Magic Johnson's legacy was on the line getting LeBron, being the president of the Lakers.

:banana:

TheCorporation
05-10-2019, 01:53 PM
a dude that won 3 rings and his legacy on the line? Another retard bran stan....More like Harden and Cp0 legacy on the line. NO MORE EXCUSES.

Yeah 3 Derrick Fisher rings

Still 0 as the man

jayfan
05-10-2019, 01:57 PM

Durant replaced Barnes.

ArbitraryWater
05-11-2019, 09:55 PM
I see people constantly say how much KD benefits from Curry just being on the floor. As if he draws triple teams and KD has wide open looks with no one within 8 feet of him.

If Steph still "has it'" then he needs to step up and show he can still go balls out and lead the team to victory without KD's 35pts a game.

It's takeover time for him from the opening tip of game 6 tonight. If he wants to act like a cocky fvck after making his 10th 3pt shot on 52 attempts, then show us what you got for an entire game without Daddy KD

and that he did :cheers:

Stephonit
05-12-2019, 02:01 AM

From the tip of the game? Nah. Steph basically tied a hand behind his back and granted the Rockets a half before he started scoring. He wasn't trying to be cocky

GimmeThat
05-12-2019, 02:09 AM
It's like reading a story where it isn't narrated by the main character.