PDA

View Full Version : the official numbers are in ... "35 to 40 people protested outside staples center"

kennethgriffen
05-11-2019, 04:34 AM
Real GM Wiretap
35-40 Lakers Fans Protest Front Office Outside Of Staples Center
MAY 10, 2019 10:32 PM

Los Angeles Lakers fans organized a protest outside of the Staples Center targeting the front office's decision-making. An estimated 35-40 fans joined the protest.

"I don't mean it to be a personal attack on [owner] Jeanie Buss or anything like that. I just don't agree with their decision-making on a front-office level. Nepotism shouldn't be involved when it comes to decision-making," said 22-year-old Charlie Rivers, who organized the protest on social media.

Rivers also added that people around the Buss family have their own motivations.

"Whether it's Jim Buss, Jeanie Buss -- things have been toxic, and I feel like people around Jeanie don't have her best interest at heart and they're making political moves to keep themselves on the job. And ultimately that's going to hinder the effectiveness of the organization," he said.

The protest came a day after Los Angeles mayor Eric Garcetti called the city "a Clippers town."

"Right now, it's a Clippers town. I'm Lakers 'til the day I die. But I love [the] Clippers. I don't hate 'em," said Garcetti.

:roll:

GimmeThat
05-11-2019, 04:47 AM
Translation, I am upset at the dip in value of my season tickets.

fourkicks44
05-11-2019, 05:11 AM
I only saw some videos of it breifly but most of the 'protesters' I saw looked well under 21 :wtf:

kennethgriffen
05-11-2019, 05:19 AM
I only saw some videos of it breifly but most of the 'protesters' I saw looked well under 21 :wtf:

these are the people running politics today. alts/trolls/online kids tricking the planet into thinking everyones extreme left or extreme right ... but its really just 30-40 sensitive entitled kids on the internet

basically ph@ggots like simon

scuzzy
05-11-2019, 05:23 AM
Started as a shit post on /r/Lakers, got lulz, legitimate replies and RSVP's

Viral Worldwide under 10 hrs.

PHX dude, leader of 100+ polite no-name, overnight terrorist group,
No flex, getting star fame, celeb retweets, insta thots in DMS

Kenny hates the fact he could never execute this. 1) not clever enough 2) not US citizen enough 3) not under 4500 miles LA Staples enough. Most severly, 4) not socially experienced to convince, gather and organize multi culture/gender population

KennethBizkit despises this protest group and it's iconic leader, thinkin like man, how bad they blew their chance at easily recreated his fav "Nookie" music video with everyone gathered :mad:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FearlessWearyDragon-size_restricted.gif

Phenith
05-11-2019, 07:28 AM
This kind of de-legitimizes online protests, at least a little.

How many fans fill the Staples Center night after night regardless of how good the team is?

Lets say 19,000, and that's just fans for an individual game... do you really thing someone who's rich enough to own the Lakers really cares if 40 people are upset with them?
Does anyone really believe this "protest" made a dent in the thought process of anyone in the Lakers organization... highly doubtful IMO.

3ball
05-11-2019, 09:35 AM
The fans should've been protesting Lebron for shockingly missing the playoffs - if he was in the playoffs, none of this mess would be going on - people have forgotten that the blame starts with lebron for shockingly missing the playoffs

He grossly underachieved the expectation, which isn't new - the clippers and rockets won more games against Durant's Warriors in 2019 than Lebron did in 2017 and 2018 - that proves lebron employs an underachieving style

And we already know he only went 2/4 with his "not 6, not 7" Heat teams. After teaming up with the next best player in the league (wade), he proceeded to lose or be an underdog for 3 of the next 4 years, including the goat choke and record loss

So Lebron is to blame for missing the playoffs and underachieving as usual, not Jeanie

TheCorporation
05-11-2019, 11:54 AM
Started as a shit post on /r/Lakers, got lulz, legitimate replies and RSVP's

Viral Worldwide under 10 hrs.

PHX dude, leader of 100+ polite no-name, overnight terrorist group,
No flex, getting star fame, celeb retweets, insta thots in DMS

Kenny hates the fact he could never execute this. 1) not clever enough 2) not US citizen enough 3) not under 4500 miles LA Staples enough. Most severly, 4) not socially experienced to convince, gather and organize multi culture/gender population

KennethBizkit despises this protest group and it's iconic leader, thinkin like man, how bad they blew their chance at easily recreated his fav "Nookie" music video with everyone gathered :mad:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FearlessWearyDragon-size_restricted.gif

:roll: :roll:
Spot on

oh the horror
05-11-2019, 01:12 PM
This kind of de-legitimizes online protests, at least a little.

How many fans fill the Staples Center night after night regardless of how good the team is?

Lets say 19,000, and that's just fans for an individual game... do you really thing someone who's rich enough to own the Lakers really cares if 40 people are upset with them?
Does anyone really believe this "protest" made a dent in the thought process of anyone in the Lakers organization... highly doubtful IMO.

It