PDA

View Full Version : Beyond all the BS trolling and agendas, how shocked are you that Houston couldn't...

stalkerforlife
05-11-2019, 10:56 PM
win game 6 and the series?

It's unimaginable to me.

I see people elevating Harden to third best SG of all time all over the internet after averaging 36.

I've seen people arguing Paul over Magic.

Like, WTF?

How can two players that are so highly regarded by so many people fall short every single time?

They couldn't even win a game 6 at home to force it to 7. :biggums:

So many sheep have ruined the game with their worship of falsely regarded 'greats.' Box score worshipping has destroyed 95% of the league. Time and time again, real teamwork destroys ISO hero ball and yet people are still in awe of frauds like Harden and Paul.

These same morons will be worshipping Westbrook, Harden, AD, Bran, Paul, and all the other box score stuffing losers next season and possibly for the rest of their lives.

Disgusting and disrespectful to real all time greats.

Vino24
05-11-2019, 10:57 PM
win game 6 and the series?

It's unimaginable to me.

I see people elevating Harden to third best SG of all time all over the internet after averaging 36.

I've seen people arguing Paul over Magic.

Like, WTF?

How can two players that are so highly regarded by so many people fall short every single time?

They couldn't even win a game 6 at home to force it to 7. :biggums:

So many sheep have ruined the game with their worship of falsely regarded 'greats.' Box score worshipping has destroyed 95% of the league. Time and time again, real teamwork destroys ISO hero ball and yet people are still in awe of frauds like Harden and Paul.

These same morons will be worshipping Westbrook, Harden, AD, Bran, Paul, and all the other box score stuffing losers next season and possibly for the rest of their lives.

Disgusting and disrespectful to real all time greats.
How many all stars was Harden playing with? GSW's still ha 2 all stars and a HOFer

Dray n Klay
05-11-2019, 10:58 PM
Justin how were your grades this semester?

BigKobeFan
05-11-2019, 10:58 PM
I made a bet after game 5 that Houston would win it all

Vino24
05-11-2019, 10:59 PM
Justin how were your grades this semester?
He's been in college for over 10 years. Dude is a doctor :pimp:

FKAri
05-11-2019, 10:59 PM
Not very shocked tbh. The only thing that's shocked me this playoffs is just how damn good Kawhi's been. Everything else is going as expected.

stalkerforlife
05-11-2019, 11:00 PM
How many all stars was Harden playing with? GSW's still ha 2 all stars and a HOFer

See what I mean?

These low IQ heathens have no low.

It's unimaginable this many people are this stupid.

And that's saying a lot because I'm no Einstein.

stalkerforlife
05-11-2019, 11:04 PM
I made a bet after game 5 that Houston would win it all

And if I had money to spare, I would've done the same.

I'm completely shocked two players can choke so hard every single year.

Houston has way more than Harden and Paul...

Gordon and Capela are both all-star talents.

Tucker is a dream role player and a championship level player.

:facepalm

bigkingsfan
05-11-2019, 11:05 PM
Prediction after Durant.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26711037/expert-predictions-rockets-upset-warriors-durant-out

Not a single person got sway.

GimmeThat
05-11-2019, 11:07 PM
similar to learning your gf is part of the different political party, and having to decipher her agenda on avoiding taxes

stalkerforlife
05-11-2019, 11:10 PM
Prediction after Durant.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26711037/expert-predictions-rockets-upset-warriors-durant-out

I don't care what those fake experts say.

They say Bran is top 3 and better than guys like Kobe, Duncan, Bird, etc.

Weak sheep with low IQs.

Ben Simmons 25
05-11-2019, 11:11 PM
No BS?

I had game 6 going 50/50 and I had the chances of Warriors winning 1 of the last 2 without Durant at about 75%.

I knew for a fact that the entire team would step up and they'd start sharing the ball more and being more active instead of just standing around watching Durant do his thing.

So I wasn't surprised. Overjoyed, yes. Surprised, no.

bigkingsfan
05-11-2019, 11:13 PM
I don't care what those fake experts say.

They say Bran is top 3 and better than guys like Kobe, Duncan, Bird, etc.

Weak sheep with low IQs.
They were right on the money. As usual.

stalkerforlife
05-11-2019, 11:14 PM
No BS?

I had game 6 going 50/50 and I had the chances of Warriors winning 1 of the last 2 without Durant at about 75%.

I knew for a fact that the entire team would step up and they'd start sharing the ball more and being more active instead of just standing around watching Durant do his thing.

So I wasn't surprised. Overjoyed, yes. Surprised, no.

I hope Durant stays out and we get to see the beauty that made GS great to begin with.

I actually don't even think Durant is hurt; I think he thought that the Warriors would lose without him and his name would be cleared. It backfired huge.

StrongLurk
05-11-2019, 11:21 PM
Not shocked at all. I made a thread right after game 5 that the Warriors were guaranteed to win game 6.

People don't seem to understand (except me) that the Rockets LOST this series by LOSING game 5.

They NEEDED to win that game with Durant getting injured. Warriors had no pressure being up 3-2 and playing away at the Rockets.

Stephonit
05-12-2019, 02:05 AM
Stephen Curry is the best player in the world. The Warriors victory was the expected result. Only hesitation was due to his injury and the ability of the bench to not be a gaping hole when he's not on the court.

JohnMax
05-12-2019, 02:21 AM
Stephen Curry is the best player in the world. The Warriors victory was the expected result. Only hesitation was due to his injury and the ability of the bench to not be a gaping hole when he's not on the court.

:applause:

Phoenix
05-12-2019, 07:07 AM
Not a all. Slightly surprised that they won in Houston but I would have expected them to close out at home in game 7. Some of us have been saying all year about Harden and his scoring to 'wait till the playoffs'. Dude's played below par in the playoffs( compared to the season) for like 6 straight years now. :confusedshrug:

ImKobe
05-12-2019, 07:12 AM
Not a all. Slightly surprised that they won in Houston but I would have expected them to close out at home in game 7. Some of us have been saying all year about Harden and his scoring to 'wait till the playoffs'. Dude's played below par in the playoffs( compared to the season) for like 6 straight years now. :confusedshrug:

Harden averaged 35/7/6 against the Warriors.. higher ppg, rpg, apg & spg than KD or Curry and on higher TS% too.

I was disappointed with him in Game 5, but after giving it some time, he really wasn't that bad overall in these Playoffs, actually played up to par against the Dubs in the last 4 games of the series and was statistically the best player.

GimmeThat
05-12-2019, 07:20 AM
As shocked about how this year's summer break bares no impact to the economy.

3ball
05-12-2019, 07:24 AM
Houston had gotten good at defending the Durant Warriors and then they had a totally different look without him all of a sudden

PickernRoller
05-12-2019, 07:30 AM
Harden's an all-time choker. Even Bran stans who prop him up know this (which is why they propped him up).

Not shocked one single bit.

Phoenix
05-12-2019, 08:50 AM
Harden averaged 35/7/6 against the Warriors.. higher ppg, rpg, apg & spg than KD or Curry and on higher TS% too.

I was disappointed with him in Game 5, but after giving it some time, he really wasn't that bad overall in these Playoffs, actually played up to par against the Dubs in the last 4 games of the series and was statistically the best player.

His numbers always dip from regular season to playoffs....EVERY TIME. It's also a point of 'when' you produce. That's the problem with looking at stats on the surface without the context of the hows and whens. Look at the 4th quarter breakdown between Steph and Harden in game 6, Curry's name is all over the 4th quarter and that's ultimately the difference in games decided by 5 points regardless of whatever Harden's final statline shows. His usage rate will always produce 'statz',but 'not that bad' as you call it isn't going to win the championship.

tontoz
05-12-2019, 09:01 AM
I think Houston's problem is that they base their attack on analytics. Problem is that the numbers they are using are regular season numbers.

In the playoffs those iso plays won't be as effective, there won't be as many cheap foul calls, it is harder to get good 3 point looks and the value of midrange shots go up.

They need to adjust their game but it might be too late. Paul is getting older and his contract limits the roster moves they can make going forward.

GreatHILL
05-12-2019, 09:01 AM
shocked? lmao rox got the biggest fail coach in history of the NBA :lol

smoovegittar
05-12-2019, 09:17 AM
It's a bloody shame that you're such a racist, because I think at times your brain actually functions in here - which is a rarity.

I never buy into a team coached by D'antoni.

Phoenix
05-12-2019, 09:19 AM
I think Houston's problem is that they base their attack on analytics. Problem is that the numbers they are using are regular season numbers.

In the playoffs those iso plays won't be as effective, there won't be as many cheap foul calls, it is harder to get good 3 point looks and the value of midrange shots go up.

They need to adjust their game but it might be too late. Paul is getting older and his contract limits the roster moves they can make going forward.

Harden doesn't have an elite in-between game. He's either out there spamming 3s( over 50% of his shots are 3s FFS), or he dribbles the air out the ball( and stalls the offense) until he can find a seam to the rim. That's fine for the regular season under less physical play and when you're going from team to team over 6 months. In the playoffs when it slows down, teams gameplan and adjust over 7 games, the refs want you to make plays and not have the game come down to free throws, so your game really needs some midrange component. KD and Kawhi utilize the midrange to great effect to compliment their long ball and slashing and that's why they've been the two best players( along with Giannis who earns the 'freak' designation) in the playoffs. When you can get the ball 15-18 feet, post or take a few dribbles and get off a good shot you're reserving your energy and legs. You're in essence 'resting' on offense when you can score efficiently and with volume in the mid-range.

Spurs m8
05-12-2019, 09:31 AM
Its the best fvcking thing and was always gonna happen, it always does

Manny98
05-12-2019, 09:45 AM
Harden is a choking ass fraud who will never win a ring

I tried telling Rockets fans but they wouldn't listen

ImKobe
05-12-2019, 10:10 AM
His numbers always dip from regular season to playoffs....EVERY TIME. It's also a point of 'when' you produce. That's the problem with looking at stats on the surface without the context of the hows and whens. Look at the 4th quarter breakdown between Steph and Harden in game 6, Curry's name is all over the 4th quarter and that's ultimately the difference in games decided by 5 points regardless of whatever Harden's final statline shows. His usage rate will always produce 'statz',but 'not that bad' as you call it isn't going to win the championship.

Harden and Curry were trading baskets in the last 3 minutes :confusedshrug:

I'm not a James Harden fan, but this was probably his best series in a losing effort.

ArbitraryWater
05-12-2019, 10:11 AM
Prediction after Durant.

Lol.

And they were right.

GSW is stacked

Phoenix
05-12-2019, 11:24 AM
Harden and Curry were trading baskets in the last 3 minutes :confusedshrug:

I'm not a James Harden fan, but this was probably his best series in a losing effort.

Not from the play by play I saw, but I"ll look again. To repeat, if he"s not duplicating or exceeding his regular season performance, then my point isn"t being refuted. He's a better regular season player than playoffs.

ImKobe
05-12-2019, 01:06 PM
Not from the play by play I saw, but I"ll look again. To repeat, if he"s not duplicating or exceeding his regular season performance, then my point isn"t being refuted. He's a better regular season player than playoffs.

Well, it's hard to surpass 36 ppg in the first place and he did that because CP3 and Gordon were injured for a while, plus he wasn't going up against Durant/Iggy/Green every game.

But I do agree that he's come up short in so many series that he won't get rid of the "Choker" label until he leads a team to a championship. I don't care for his playing style, but he played just as well as he did in the RS in most of these games from a production standpoint.

Still, he played so much better than he did last year, but CP3 and Capela were so much worse this year.

Proctor
05-12-2019, 01:09 PM
Its the best fvcking thing and was always gonna happen, it always does
This.

Harden and CP0 are garbage

SouBeachTalents
05-12-2019, 01:13 PM
I was kinda surprised they closed them out in Houston, but people for real forgot how great this team was pre Durant. They had won 140 regular season games & were 1-2 plays from winning b2b titles before Durant showed up

Phoenix
05-12-2019, 03:28 PM
Well, it's hard to surpass 36 ppg in the first place and he did that because CP3 and Gordon were injured for a while, plus he wasn't going up against Durant/Iggy/Green every game.

But I do agree that he's come up short in so many series that he won't get rid of the "Choker" label until he leads a team to a championship. I don't care for his playing style, but he played just as well as he did in the RS in most of these games from a production standpoint.

Still, he played so much better than he did last year, but CP3 and Capela were so much worse this year.

That's where you separate the wheat from the chauffe or however the saying goes. We"ve seen some of the true greats ecplise their regular season numbers. Maybe if Harden was able to put up 36-40 ppg this series it's a different outcome. If he's the transcendent scorer people were arguing he was during the year, the highest leverage moments are where you create your legend, not dropping 60 on some random team in January.

Jasper
05-12-2019, 06:07 PM
I'd would of liked to have seen the splash idiots out of the playoffs, but we will see them again in another series , acting like hero's = how pathetic.

Houston's season is summed up :
Shake left, step back (no walk) pop a three ... clank

Next season might be brighter :facepalm