PDA

View Full Version : Has Curry passed Wade?

StrongLurk
05-12-2019, 12:05 PM
For me, Wade is one of those guys who is in the top 20-25 depending on how you value players who played before the 80's.

So has Curry surpassed Wade yet? I honestly think he might have but they are two very different players so it's hard to say.

warriorfan
05-12-2019, 12:16 PM
For me, Wade is one of those guys who is in the top 20-25 depending on how you value players who played before the 80's.

So has Curry surpassed Wade yet? I honestly think he might have but they are two very different players so it's hard to say.

Similar players,

Both Alpha Males
Both Pimped weaker minded superstars to leave their team for his
Both have legendary clutch performances

DaHeezy
05-12-2019, 12:20 PM
Wade is too overhyped. Take away Shaq and Lebron and he's no better than Vince Carter

Overdrive
05-12-2019, 12:25 PM
Similar players,

Both Alpha Males
Both Pimped weaker minded superstars to leave their team for his
Both have legendary clutch performances

Both gave up the 2nd and 3rd ring's FMVP to said betas.

Difference? Wade has one himself.

tpols
05-12-2019, 12:32 PM
Wades fallen behind...top 20 still ATG but dingo is knocking on top 10. I don't even see hakeems argument anymore.

warriorfan
05-12-2019, 12:33 PM
Wade is too overhyped. Take away Shaq and Lebron and he's no better than Vince Carter

Both gave up the 2nd and 3rd ring's FMVP to said betas.

Difference? Wade has one himself.

Invasion of the low iqs

Yikes

Overdrive
05-12-2019, 12:41 PM
Invasion of the low iqs

Yikes

Why do alphas lose FMVPs to betas?

DaHeezy
05-12-2019, 01:31 PM
Invasion of the low iqs

Yikes

Good insight! :applause:

Please tell me what has Wade accomplished without Shaq or Lebron? Miami has been one of the worst franchises without those 2

Smoke117
05-12-2019, 01:42 PM

Stop watching basketball.

LostCause
05-12-2019, 01:51 PM
:biggums: :biggums: :coleman:

Young X
05-12-2019, 01:52 PM
Wade is too overhyped. Take away Shaq and Lebron and he's no better than Vince CarterYou say the dumbest shit. I actually get angry when I read your posts.

Vince never led the league in scoring.

Vince never was a top 3 player or even top 5 player.

Vince never made the All-NBA 1st team or made any All-Defensive teams.

**** outta here.

TheCorporation
05-12-2019, 01:54 PM
Why do alphas lose FMVPs to betas?

:roll: :applause:

Get. his. ass.

FreezingTsmoove
05-12-2019, 01:58 PM
Good insight! :applause:

Please tell me what has Wade accomplished without Shaq or Lebron? Miami has been one of the worst franchises without those 2

What has Lebron accomplished without Wade and Kyrie

red1
05-12-2019, 01:58 PM
Has Curry passed Wade?
Absolutely not. Don't make me puke in my mouth.

No!!

Young X
05-12-2019, 02:00 PM
Shaq was not even a superstar anymore when Miami won the championship in 2006.

2005 was his last prime year. Anybody who was really watching knows he got injured in 2006 and was never the same.

Wade carried Miami in the finals. Averaged 35 a game and won Finals MVP.

Vince Carter my ass.

superduper
05-12-2019, 02:00 PM
What has Lebron accomplished without Wade and Kyrie

boom.

tripledouble55
05-12-2019, 02:16 PM
Wade and Curry both had pretty good 6-year periods of dominance. Steph has declined this past season (2019) and may not get a "top 6" season again, e.g. a 1-metric or aggregate weighted ranking of numerous 1-metric rankings. But Curry has 2 MVPs, Wade has none and not all that close. Curry's 2 MVP seasons are only supported by 2 #6 in MVP voting and about similar 6-10 "1 metric" ranking seasons. Wade finished, 3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th. Wade also played prior to 2014 when a huge balloon in spacing in the NBA and interpretation of the rules to help offenses came about. He also took less "1-metric" analytically friendly shots, e.g. midrange 2 pt'ers. Up to you if you want to do some regressions and SDs for variance from the mean and so forth. e.g. Bird's 90 3s & 40% 3FG in 1987 equates to 47% accuracy and over 470 3s during Curry's 402 3s and 45% if you make the numbers relative to the season in which they played and project. (again, up to you there, helpful only if you want to compare numbers to numbers)

Playoffs and Effect in general

If you believe Curry's "effect" makes him so awesome, e.g. his gravity, not so much him actually scoring. Then he's better. And you can end it right here, right now. I think many would do so. Probably 70/30 If I had to guess.

If you believe, that guy has to take the ball to the hoop, make the big shot, make the big steal, the big block, the big pass. Then it's probably Wade, but only by a hair. You may also factor that Wade, at age 28, for his upcoming age 29 season, basically allowed LeBron to sign in Miami, sacrificing his numbers as he was a 25-5-5 guy and a PG prior to LeBron. His assists dropped from his low of 6.5 to 4.6 and never got higher and he adjusted his game from his strength (ball in hands). This is only relevant, perhaps in the "effect" measurement where Curry is now perhaps more "off-ball" given Durant on the team for 3 seasons. Again, just throwing out considerations.

For me...

They're just so different as players. Curry does get picked up at 35 feet and gets 2-5 screens per play while GSW have tremendous ball movement. He gets most of his 3s against the 5...who either fails to show on the 3 or after the screen, runs him around picks (and as a much slower player) to the corner 3 where Curry, the much faster, quicker, smaller player, can easily relocate and use his very fast release to get those corner 3s.

In tracking data, Thompson and Curry lead the NBA in most screened for and Curry averages 1.29 PPP for such plays. Best in the NBA. That said, this is an offensive system. Curry was hitting 250-280 3s prior to Steve Kerr. He was in the NBA for 5 seasons already and in those seasons he was the primary ball-handler scorer, creator. Well, two seasons about 50-50 split with Monta Ellis. In the Steve Kerr era Warriors, now 5 seasons, Steph only led in assists 1x. He's typically 2nd or even 3rd (this past season). So for me, the question is Steph so good that, unlike other great 3pt shooters, that he's able to generate by his ability (off-ball movement, IQ) to get 10 3s a game and make them higher than say Korver would or Redick would. He clearly has more driving ability and athletic ability than they do. But that's questions I have.

Narrowing this down...both had really good 6 year runs. Curry had 1 transcendent season, another MVP season. However, he got those, system effects or not...probably gives him the edge over Wade. It's been a little over 2 years since I did a run through of my top 50... Curry was 26th. Wade was 35th.

I have to re-evaluate my top 50 due to some new information, new ways of assessing players, and more looking at older game logs, reading books, etc...

But I'm still pretty confident Curry is higher and has probably 3-4 seasons here to try to add a "top 5" season to move up, perhaps into the late teens (for my list).

StrongLurk
05-12-2019, 02:23 PM
I think Curry will finish in the 15-20 range when it's all said and done.

It's easy to overhype the current and forget how much past superstars dominated.

A guy like Durant however, he could truly enter the back end of the top 10 depending on what he does after this season.

Meticode
05-12-2019, 02:50 PM
I'm going to have to disagree with this. Wade is better than Carter at almost all facets of the game throughout their careers except three point shooting and free throw shooting. Otherwise Wade was a better defender, better in the low post, and most importantly didn't strictly depend on athleticism to score, he depended on footwork and skill. No doubt Carter was a great player and he'll be a Hall of Famer when it's all said and done, but if you put a third year Carter on the 2006 Miami team in place of the third year Wade. They're not winning a championship.

I don't know why people bring up Shaq in terms of Wade getting a championship. Mother****ers act like Shaq carried him. Shaq averaged like 20/10 in his first two seasons in Miami. He was just outside of his prime and wasn't nearly as dominate as he was in L.A. Wade was putting up like 28/6/6/2/1 on 50% shooting throughout the whole playoffs that season. In this THIRD season.

And you can say that about almost any star with a ring. Where is Jordan without Pippen? Where is KObe without Gasol or Shaq? Where is Paul Pierce without Garnett or Allen? Give those arguments a rest...

SouBeachTalents
05-12-2019, 02:53 PM
Damn this is an embarrassingly stupid post

TheCorporation
05-12-2019, 03:05 PM
No

https://i.postimg.cc/L6ZdpGZ4/20190512-120146.jpg

Meticode
05-12-2019, 03:09 PM
Curry can't even win FMVP as the greatest shooter of all time on his own team, but also he can't even win his wife's attention and she goes on talk shows saying it would be nice to get attention from other men. Coincidence? I think not.

red1
05-12-2019, 03:10 PM
Curry can't even win FMVP as the greatest shooter of all time on his own team, but also he can't even win his wife's attention and she goes on talk shows saying it would be nice to get attention from other men. Coincidence? I think not.
this is a great point.

it's the reason why he isn't my warriors MVP this year either.

Meticode
05-12-2019, 03:16 PM
this is a great point.

it's the reason why he isn't my warriors MVP this year either.
It's a joke. Not an actual point, but okay.

red1
05-12-2019, 03:19 PM
It's a joke. Not an actual point, but okay.
You're an idiot if you thought my response was serious. :oldlol:

ArbitraryWater
05-12-2019, 03:20 PM
^that whole interaction :oldlol:

stalkerforlife
05-12-2019, 03:20 PM
Of course he has.

And that's because Wade let Bran come to his team.

If Wade stayed on track, the sky was the limit.

And of course Bran's choke took a title and FMVP from Wade.

hold this L
05-12-2019, 03:30 PM
I think Curry will finish in the 15-20 range when it's all said and done.

It's easy to overhype the current and forget how much past superstars dominated.

A guy like Durant however, he could truly enter the back end of the top 10 depending on what he does after this season.
He's already there.

RRR3
05-12-2019, 03:33 PM
Of course he has.

And that's because Wade let Bran come to his team.

If Wade stayed on track, the sky was the limit.

And of course Bran's choke took a title and FMVP from Wade.
:cletus: Bran Bran Bran :cletus:

red1
05-12-2019, 03:38 PM
:cletus: Bran Bran Bran :cletus:
I'm sick and tired of these branbranbranbranbranbranbranvestites.

bunch of ****ing losers.

TheCorporation
05-12-2019, 03:54 PM
I'm sick and tired of these branbranbranbranbranbranbranvestites.

bunch of ****ing losers.

Agreed Too many Trans Bronsexuals on this board

https://i.postimg.cc/KcB48pTf/Trans-Bronsexual-2.jpg

Smoke117
05-12-2019, 03:59 PM
Agreed Too many Trans Bronsexuals on this board

https://i.postimg.cc/KcB48pTf/Trans-Bronsexual-2.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/9t6xpYZ9npJmM/giphy.gif