PDA

View Full Version : Jokic is a nice guy but he's gonna leave Nuggets

90sgoat
05-12-2019, 06:20 PM
Nuggets have been doing him like AD.

Absolutely trash team around him.

NuggetsFan
05-12-2019, 06:22 PM
Nah. No ego. He already signed a max contract and zero % he asks for a trade.

Nuggets were the youngest team in the playoffs. 4th in the league. Jokic just elevated them. They'll be back next year stronger than they were this season.

Bobcats2013
05-12-2019, 06:22 PM
nah. jokic dont seem like the type to have that star ego he aint leaving

imdaman99
05-12-2019, 06:24 PM
Nah he doesn't seem a punk like Porzingis. Try again loser

90sgoat
05-12-2019, 06:25 PM
Nah. No ego. He already signed a max contract and zero % he asks for a trade.

Nuggets were the youngest team in the playoffs. 4th in the league. Jokic just elevated them. They'll be back next year stronger than they were this season.

You have to admit this core won't get it done.

Murray is ok, but outside that it's trash town. Millsap is an embarassement, particularly that contract.

Who else can you even mention on that team? They're all replaceable.

Bankaii
05-12-2019, 06:26 PM
More help:cry:

Overdrive
05-12-2019, 06:28 PM
Nuggets have been doing him like AD.

Absolutely trash team around him.

Maybe ala Garnett, but not in his prime.

bobopenguin
05-12-2019, 06:33 PM
no2 team in the west...he isnt going anywhere.

LeCola
05-12-2019, 06:33 PM
I think they need some shooters like Redick, Korver, Seth Curry, Ilyasova etc... Sometimes they are choking as a team like the first half of the 4th quarter of this gamd. They can't score well when opponent protects paint well.

Sakkreth
05-12-2019, 06:34 PM
Team is still very young with great management. They will be good for a long time. It's not ****en Pelicans.

NuggetsFan
05-12-2019, 06:34 PM

Murray is ok, but outside that it's trash town. Millsap is an embarassement, particularly that contract.

Get it gone? Yeah they won't win rings. Unless they signed a big time FA/get a big star in trade, or MPJ/Murray both hit there ceilings.

Most stars/teams don't. I think Denver will be in the 2nd round/flirt with the WCF for the next forseeable future. They didn't peak as the youngest team in the playoffs.

fsvr54
05-12-2019, 06:35 PM

Gary Harris is a great player and so is Malik Beasley, they need more touches, especially Harris.

RoseCity07
05-12-2019, 06:35 PM
Nuggets aren

90sgoat
05-12-2019, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=RoseCity07]Nuggets aren

Mask the Embiid
05-12-2019, 06:39 PM
OP would you say that he "needs more help"?

im trying to understand

90sgoat
05-12-2019, 06:42 PM

im trying to understand

He could certainly use a FMVP shooting guard and a top 3 power forward yes.

red1
05-12-2019, 06:46 PM
he had a good series who cares stop being such a salty racist bitch OP

tontoz
05-12-2019, 06:54 PM
Denver was the 2nd seed in the west, one game away from the conference finals, with the youngest team in the playoffs. Their 1st round pick from last season didn't even play.

Keep in mind that they can let Milsap walk this summer. They have a team option on him for next season which they should probably decline.

I don't get the comparison with the Pels, who've qualified for the playoffs only twice in AD's 7 seasons.

:confusedshrug:

madmax
05-12-2019, 06:59 PM
They lost to a very pedestrian Portland team with their best big being sidelined due to a freak injury...Jokic's competition was Mr "I refuse to play any D" Cunter and a scared toothpick Collins - not really the world beaters, now are they:lol He is a good player, but he also takes tons of shots and is kinda soft in a low post with his lack of athleticism and overweight body...a guy is just as much to blame as his supposedly trash teammates are

RealSkipBayless
05-12-2019, 07:00 PM
They lost to a very pedestrian Portland team with their best big being sidelined due to a freak injury...Jokic's competition was Mr "I refuse to play any D" Cunter and a scared toothpick Collins - not really the world beaters, now are they:lol He is a good player, but he also takes tons of shots and is kinda soft in a low post with his lack of athleticism and overweight body...a guy is just as much to blame as his supposedly trash teammates are

Facts. :pimp:

90sgoat
05-12-2019, 07:01 PM
Facts. :pimp:

Kblaze, DrayNKlay shouldn't be posting on his alt so soon, get his ass. OUT! OUT!

RidonKs
05-12-2019, 07:06 PM
The Nuggets have been managed better than almost any team in the league. They have a cadre of solid young talent that shows up and plays hard.

Have a look at their drafting since 2011

Faried at 22
Fournier at 20
Gobert at 27 (traded right away)

In 2015, they were involved in the following players

Saric
Nurkic
Gary Harris
Jokic at 41

Mudiay was a flop the next year. Jamal Murray and Hernangomez after that. Donovan Mitchell after that, turns out they drafted Utah's whole future originally. And Michael Porter is supposedly a stud but yet to see any minutes.

I loved the Millsap contract. When your team is young, you can afford to throw big money on short deals, especially for character guys. Millsap's contract is over, he won't be renewed, and he might even resign at a lower cost to keep playing with this team.

Jokic isn't going anywhere. This is a top five operation in the league right now and I guarantee you all that young talent won't be staying put for long. They can assemble a package of tough young wings (Harris, Craig, Beasley, Morris, Barton on a good contract, maybe even Murray) and get back a backcourt superstar. I hope they do. I like Murray but it's disappointing how often he misses Jokic rolling open in the middle of the paint where he's better than almost anyone. Might be a case of daddy's overtraining there.

Anyone else feel like no one in the league competes as hard as the Nuggets? They made every game they played really fun to watch.

tontoz
05-12-2019, 07:09 PM
Jokic averaged 25/13/9 in the playoffs with a TS of 61%. In the last two games, both losses, Jokic averaged 29/12.5 shooting 51% from the field, 44% from 3.

I think i can safely say Milsap (13.5/6.5 on 25% shooting the last two games) is more to blame for the last two losses.

ArbitraryWater
05-12-2019, 07:16 PM

im trying to understand

:roll:

NBASTATMAN
05-12-2019, 07:59 PM
Murray and Millsap choked big time.

KANTER SHINING IN THE WEST.. KANTER SHUT JOKIC DOWN IN THE SECOND HALF.. Kanter couldnt even get off the bench in NY.. :roll: :banana:

NBASTATMAN
05-12-2019, 08:01 PM
Jokic averaged 25/13/9 in the playoffs with a TS of 61%. In the last two games, both losses, Jokic averaged 29/12.5 shooting 51% from the field, 44% from 3.

I think i can safely say Milsap (13.5/6.5 on 25% shooting the last two games) is more to blame for the last two losses.

KANTER SHUT JOKIC DOWN IN THE SECOND HALF.. :lol

tontoz
05-12-2019, 09:06 PM
KANTER SHUT JOKIC DOWN IN THE SECOND HALF.. :lol

Jokic scored 16 in the 2nd half. Your definition of "shut down" must be different from mine.