PDA

View Full Version : What you do in big moments IS more important than your stats

Walk on Water
05-13-2019, 01:06 AM
Mathematicians don’t understand. A point is not a point. You do have to grade on a curve. Some believe that a point is a point and that some points are not impactful.. that couldn’t be further from the truth.

You see, it’s harder to play well when it matters. Let’s say you’re someone that scores 20 points in the first 2 and a half quarters. Sure, that looks like a good stat but it’s easier to do it when the game is early and nothing has happened. If you didn’t score 20, someone else on your team could have.

But when it gets tight, that’s when the difference of the flow of the game is made. When you can make tough shots like Kobe, you demoralize the opposition and empower your team. Guys like KD score but the points aren’t as impactful. So many times he will score 40 and lose. He’s not bettering his teammates much around him.

So there is a difference in how you do it. A point isn’t a point. Guys like Lebron get theirs but then the others change their game and they can’t win.

elementally morale
05-13-2019, 01:09 AM
I lost you because you seem to have contradicted yourself. What are you trying to say exactly?

And1AllDay
05-13-2019, 01:12 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/VvZx1WgH/Unda-Pressha.jpg

:cheers:

The Iron Fist
05-13-2019, 02:08 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/VvZx1WgH/Unda-Pressha.jpg

:cheers:
How good is someone compared to another when they faced elimination 10 more times? :roll:

4pointshot
05-13-2019, 02:14 AM
Show me someone who plays better when the game is on the line, and I'll show you someone who isn't putting out 100% most of the time. And not putting out 100% most of the time results in a lot of games that shouldn't be on the line getting to that place.

Yes, a point is a point. It counts as much in the first quarter as it does in the fourth quarter. You could even argue that a point early is more important, because a big lead may force your opponent to take risks, and it also allows you to rest your stars late in the game.

elementally morale
05-13-2019, 02:24 AM
Show me someone who plays better when the game is on the line, and I'll show you someone who isn't putting out 100% most of the time.

If you give 100% all of the time there is a good chance you will never be successful at anything. You will get tired. You should give more than enough most of the time. Which translates to 100% some of the time.

If you give 100% some of the time your actual 100% will not be enough most of the time.

Mr.GOAT2408
05-13-2019, 02:52 AM
It's all about timing. Figuring out when and where to strike, how to maximize the most of your teammates abilities

Obviously one guy can't win by themselves, oftentimes the best players figure out how maximize what they have.

Basically, what separates Bill Russell and Wilt Chamberlain

SpaceJam
05-13-2019, 04:45 AM
I agree.

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/lebronblock2.gif

kennethgriffen
05-13-2019, 04:48 AM
max kellerman - "a conceded layup is the same as a game winner/tieing shot. lebrons FG% is higher in the last so and so seconds."

:lol