PDA

View Full Version : Winning a game 7 Finals with ROOKIES? How high is the bar set?

TheCorporation
05-13-2019, 11:00 AM
As if the bar was not already set at an unrealistic level, and yet we forget about this piece of history to go along with the goat bar

https://i.postimg.cc/76wmK2Vf/Le-Bron-and-some-game-7-rookies.png

Literally every starter on LeBron's 2016 Finals team had never even played a game 7. It was every Cav's starters first game 7, except for one man. Meanwhile, the entire opposition had played at least one game 7, and 4 of 5 had already played 2.

The rookie Cavaliers looked to Papa James for guidance

"This is my first game 7 of my career. I just want to make my dad proud."

"I have to follow our leaders example. Sure we're all game 7 rookeis but if Bron sets the tone I feel we can win this thing, some how, some way"

And how did LeBron set the tone, against an impressive 73-win juggernaut of a team? How did LeBron lead by example?

https://i.postimg.cc/dVTXP3fm/8bd81a50eb70b4f479f5a77d891c133d.jpg

What if I told you one man would be down 3 to 1 in the NBA Finals, only to drag an inexperienced rookie squad to their first EVER game 7, while leading every single player in every single category?

ESPN, 30-for-30 presents: The GOAT setting the GOAT bar.

Rico2016
05-13-2019, 01:14 PM
I do find it entertaining that the more we uncover about LeBron's championship runs the more impressive they become. And the more we uncover about Jordan's championship runs the less impressive they become. It appears that Jordan fans are realizing this and have quieted down on the goat talk because they know truly MJ probably can't be the goat. For starters, none of his 6 Finals wins measure up to even LeBron's lowest Finals.

None of MJ's performances, and absolutely none of his opponents. Michael Jordan was great for his era, there is no denying it. He has 6 finals MVPs, and no one can take that away from him. But his accomplishments are becoming less impressive the more we uncover. Context is extremely important. Not all rings are created equal. I'm sure everyone can agree with that take.

Dirk's 2011 is not equal to Curry's 2018.

The bar was set high. By Jordan. But man, LeBron is making a case.

TheCorporation
05-13-2019, 07:10 PM
I do find it entertaining that the more we uncover about LeBron's championship runs the more impressive they become. And the more we uncover about Jordan's championship runs the less impressive they become. It appears that Jordan fans are realizing this and have quieted down on the goat talk because they know truly MJ probably can't be the goat. For starters, none of his 6 Finals wins measure up to even LeBron's lowest Finals.

None of MJ's performances, and absolutely none of his opponents. Michael Jordan was great for his era, there is no denying it. He has 6 finals MVPs, and no one can take that away from him. But his accomplishments are becoming less impressive the more we uncover. Context is extremely important. Not all rings are created equal. I'm sure everyone can agree with that take.

Dirk's 2011 is not equal to Curry's 2018.

The bar was set high. By Jordan. But man, LeBron is making a case.

He's more than "making a case" he passed his ass up in nearly every measurement.

https://i.postimg.cc/QtDnNGsz/GOATbar-SET.jpg

egokiller
05-13-2019, 07:41 PM
Wait, people are still stanning 6 time losers that can't hit a game winning finals shot?

:roll: :roll: :roll: