PDA

View Full Version : Denver Nuggets

Ca$H
05-13-2019, 08:51 PM
https://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/michael-porter-jr-ready-to-play-051319

If he stays healthy and lives up to his potential then the Nuggets will become a dynasty. I can't believe so many GMs passed up on him even with risk. The reward is much greater than the risk.

Rudeboy3
05-13-2019, 09:01 PM
isn't this dude that said he was KD and Giannis mixed into one :roll: :roll:

Sportal
05-13-2019, 09:15 PM
This guy, if his injuries don't impact him, is the guy that can push the Nuggets over the top. If he comes back fully fit, this guy has some potential. He can shoot from anywhere he wants.

StrongLurk
05-13-2019, 09:58 PM
This dude is the definition of empty hype. He has done nothing since high school and has had serious back injuries/surgeries.

There is nothing to actually hype about this guy. He hasn't shown anything. And how is going to get enough playing time to really develop on Denver?

Sportal
05-13-2019, 10:27 PM
This dude is the definition of empty hype. He has done anything since high school and has had serious back injuries/surgeries.

There is nothing to actually hype about this guy. He hasn't shown anything. And how is going to get enough playing time to really develop on Denver?

The guy could legit be Denver's superstar scorer. There's been quite a few statements made from teammates how they are looking forward to playing with him. He'll either disappear with another injury, or he'll be a multiple time all-star, with potential to be a face of the league. People think Andrew Wiggins looked good in highschool...

RoseCity07
05-13-2019, 10:44 PM
His biggest nba accomplishment to date is flipping off the Portland bench which maybe cost them the series. It only motivated Evan Turner who made the difference in game 7 after doing nothing all playoffs.

StrongLurk
05-13-2019, 11:31 PM
The guy could legit be Denver's superstar scorer. There's been quite a few statements made from teammates how they are looking forward to playing with him. He'll either disappear with another injury, or he'll be a multiple time all-star, with potential to be a face of the league. People think Andrew Wiggins looked good in highschool...

This statement is thrown around too casually, especially for someone who hasn't really played since high school and, again, has had major back surgeries which is TERRIBLE for basketball.

All Nugz fans should hope for is Porter Jr. to play 60 games or so and be a decent contributor off the bench. Nugz already have a well rounded squad with good depth too so who exactly is going to lose time to Porter Jr.? No one this year.

ballinhun8
05-14-2019, 01:15 AM
Damn we should've just drafted Porter Jr. since Carter Jr. (Whom I never wanted) got hurt and missed most his season anyway.

I really hope he doesn't turn into a star.

Haymaker
05-14-2019, 02:27 PM
Poor man's Devin Booker. :oldlol:

90sgoat
05-14-2019, 06:11 PM
It's all so tiresome to get excited about random athletic phenoms, only for them to bust.

Otto Porter
Jabari Parker
Wiggins

More often than not, these guys never materialize.

Sportal
05-14-2019, 07:00 PM
It's all so tiresome to get excited about random athletic phenoms, only for them to bust.

Otto Porter
Jabari Parker
Wiggins

More often than not, these guys never materialize.

Athletic phenoms? People were excited because he has Durant-esque length and Durant range, can ISO with good ball-handling... What chu talkin' bout, Willis? Have you seen this kid play or nah?

6foot10, 7foot wingspan...

Wiggins is a waste of space, Jabari blew his knee twice(?), and Otto Porter got drafted by the Wizards and was stuck behind Beal and Wall..

90sgoat
05-14-2019, 07:23 PM
Athletic phenoms? People were excited because he has Durant-esque length and Durant range, can ISO with good ball-handling... What chu talkin' bout, Willis? Have you seen this kid play or nah?

6foot10, 7foot wingspan...

Wiggins is a waste of space, Jabari blew his knee twice(?), and Otto Porter got drafted by the Wizards and was stuck behind Beal and Wall..

Haven't seen him play.

I'm just saying, unless a player is known for GREAT skills and GREAT defense AND is supremely dominant, then I am not buying the hype anymore.

Been watching the game 20 years. You know when the real stars come around: Iverson, Kobe, KG, Duncan, Lebron, of those I watched closely. Everyone knew they would be special in a way that most of these new stars just don't get it done. Zion lost. With a stacked team. Doncic didn't, he won, multiple teams, very skilled.

Just saying, hold your horses, if a player was really a superstar out of the gate then they would have dominated their competition in obvious fashion. Look at Simmons. They said he would be this and that, but he didn't dominate, didn't win.

Nowadays players who get good are not the top prospects, Kawhi, Curry etc, but these require time to develop.

In any case, it's gotten extremely rare that a hyped rookie actually contributes day one. Someone like AD, he was a Dream Team'er as a college player. Again, people know when the next big thing, not the next big hype comes around.

NBAGOAT
05-14-2019, 07:30 PM
so are they willing to let millsap go unless he takes a super team friendly deal and just start him at the 4?

StrongLurk
05-14-2019, 07:53 PM
Haven't seen him play.

I'm just saying, unless a player is known for GREAT skills and GREAT defense AND is supremely dominant, then I am not buying the hype anymore.

Been watching the game 20 years. You know when the real stars come around: Iverson, Kobe, KG, Duncan, Lebron, of those I watched closely. Everyone knew they would be special in a way that most of these new stars just don't get it done. Zion lost. With a stacked team. Doncic didn't, he won, multiple teams, very skilled.

Just saying, hold your horses, if a player was really a superstar out of the gate then they would have dominated their competition in obvious fashion. Look at Simmons. They said he would be this and that, but he didn't dominate, didn't win.

Nowadays players who get good are not the top prospects, Kawhi, Curry etc, but these require time to develop.

In any case, it's gotten extremely rare that a hyped rookie actually contributes day one. Someone like AD, he was a Dream Team'er as a college player. Again, people know when the next big thing, not the next big hype comes around.

Thank you, these posters hyping every single rookie that comes along as the next great thing is tiresome.

This Porter Jr. guy has done NOTHING to warrant real hype.

90sgoat
05-14-2019, 08:05 PM
so are they willing to let millsap go unless he takes a super team friendly deal and just start him at the 4?

Millsap is not worth more than league minimum. He is DONE.

jbryan1984
05-14-2019, 08:42 PM
I agree with OP. The number that Denver selected Porter at, they had nothing to lose and so much to gain.

Sportal
05-14-2019, 10:02 PM
Haven't seen him play.

Do me a favour, go and watch his highlights before his injury. Honestly. I don't hype up just any random previous potential #1 picks.

brooks_thompson
05-14-2019, 11:02 PM
*shows up to gym in practice uniform and jersey, ball in hand*
'Guys, I'm finally ready!'
*Team forgot to tell him they were eliminated from playoffs*
'...Guys?!'

StrongLurk
05-14-2019, 11:03 PM
Do me a favour, go and watch his highlights before his injury. Honestly. I don't hype up just any random previous potential #1 picks.

I've never seen you post before, idk how you have at least a thousand.

At this point, I believe you are Michael Porter Jr. himself.