PDA

View Full Version : If the lottery is indeed rigged, the Knicks are 100% winning it tonignt

Ben Simmons 25
05-14-2019, 02:23 PM
It’s true that an argument could be made for the NBA having reasons to rig the lottery in favor of every team in the draft... no doubt about it. I don’t deny that.

However, the Knicks clearly have the most untapped potential for expanding interest league wide. They are the biggest market in the league and they suck.

They have cap space for two max players and might also be able to draft arguably a generational talent all in one offseason?

And they’ve been irrelevant for 20 ****ing years.

There’s an 86% chance they DON’T win the lottery but I’m telling you now... if the NBA is indeed rigging the lottery on a yearly basis, this is the most obvious year to do it.

Wally450
05-14-2019, 02:24 PM
The lottery is not rigged.

sportjames23
05-14-2019, 02:24 PM

Shut up

TheCorporation
05-14-2019, 02:26 PM

Ben Simmons 25
05-14-2019, 02:28 PM

I go back and forth on the subject.

Orlando wins two years in a row in the early 90s to kickstart a struggling franchise that is utter dog shit.

Orlando trades McGrady after he demands it and... they win the lottery with Dwight.

LeBron in 2009, the biggest star drafted in 25 years, leaves the Cavs and suddenly the Cavs win the lottery.

LeBron is a free agent and... the Cavs win the lottery again which causes him to go back home.

There are other examples but they are the most obvious that stand out to me personally.

I think the Ewing lottery is beyond suspicious.

Why these guys haven

highwhey
05-14-2019, 02:31 PM
it's rigged 100%

DukeDelonte13
05-14-2019, 02:43 PM

I agree.

it's not rigged. they let the media in and they actually watch the ping pong balls get selected.They watch them go into the machine and they watch the guy pull them out. They watch them get the number combination and look at the big board and see what team has that corresponding number. They see the whole process. Many of them give interviews about it. It's not a secret operation.

If it was rigged Cleveland would never have won it back to back in 13-14.

TheCorporation
05-14-2019, 02:50 PM
it's rigged 100%

:eek:

Poll time :lol

fourkicks44
05-14-2019, 03:30 PM
Silver and the NBA care more about gambling revenue than the Knicks.

As good as it could be for the NBA to have a competitive Knicks, it pales in comparison to the gains of gambling money.

For this to happen tanking teams need to be made an example of.

bigkingsfan
05-14-2019, 03:33 PM
It's impossible to rig it nowadays.

"Select media members, NBA officials, representatives of the participating teams and the accounting firm of Ernst & Young will be in attendance for the drawing. General Manager Andy Elisburg will be the Heat's behind-the-scenes representative.

All personnel in the drawing room will be required to relinquish cell phones and any other communication devices until the televised lottery results are announced."

CelticBaller
05-14-2019, 03:36 PM
Chicago will win the lottery

You heard it here first

highwhey
05-14-2019, 03:38 PM

"Select media members, NBA officials, representatives of the participating teams and the accounting firm of Ernst & Young will be in attendance for the drawing. General Manager Andy Elisburg will be the Heat's behind-the-scenes representative.

All personnel in the drawing room will be required to relinquish cell phones and any other communication devices until the televised lottery results are announced."
the media members are in on the rigging too :mad:

Miles and Miles
05-14-2019, 04:00 PM

Why don't they do the ACTUAL drawing in front of cameras?

brooks_thompson
05-14-2019, 04:17 PM
I go back and forth on the subject.

Orlando wins two years in a row in the early 90s to kickstart a struggling franchise that is utter dog shit.

Orlando trades McGrady after he demands it and... they win the lottery with Dwight.

LeBron in 2009, the biggest star drafted in 25 years, leaves the Cavs and suddenly the Cavs win the lottery.

LeBron is a free agent and... the Cavs win the lottery again which causes him to go back home.

There are other examples but they are the most obvious that stand out to me personally.

I think the Ewing lottery is beyond suspicious.

Why these guys haven’t just made the lottery public after all these years is just beyond me.

Chicago winning hometown Derrick Rose with like 3% odds

Cleveland getting Akron Lebron in the first place

New Orleans gifted Tony Davis after the Chris Paul trade/ownership debacle

I can't say I believe it's rigged, but I will say the NBA seems to have a LOT more long-shot occurrences and coicidences happen (in all aspects of the league) at a much, much higher rate than in normal, everyday real life.

bigkingsfan
05-14-2019, 04:20 PM
Why don't they do the ACTUAL drawing in front of cameras?
It's more dramatic announcing countdown style. They have a 30 minute slot to fill.

Patrick Chewing
05-14-2019, 04:23 PM
#PRAYFORZION

https://media1.tenor.com/images/bf3852e93d2b51c6ad0dae23300e65aa/tenor.gif

Vino24
05-14-2019, 04:23 PM
Suns will win lottery and they will still be a 20 win team :lol

brooks_thompson
05-14-2019, 04:24 PM
Also, the Knicks sure have been acting like theyre winning the lottery since the KP trade. And that theyre getting 2 max stars. You usually don't see this much bravado from a front office. Maybe they're just going with 'the power of positive thinking'.

highwhey
05-14-2019, 04:33 PM
Suns will win lottery and they will still be a 20 win team :lol
:rolleyes:

Zion would be 50 wins eazy, but it won't happen bc the league is rigging it. it's not a secrete league officials HATE Suns owner Robert Sarver.

highwhey
05-14-2019, 04:35 PM
Also, the Knicks sure have been acting like theyre winning the lottery since the KP trade. And that theyre getting 2 max stars. You usually don't see this much bravado from a front office. Maybe they're just going with 'the power of positive thinking'.
that's bc the NBA league office is a couple blocks down the road, they have a secret handshake deal so Silver will rig the draft for them.

tpols
05-14-2019, 04:39 PM
Odds are at +600... If you believe in the rig put it up.

That mentioning of the accounting firm Ernst and young being there has scared me away tho lol

scuzzy
05-14-2019, 04:41 PM
Lottery is not rigged

Cavs are getting the pick

highwhey
05-14-2019, 04:43 PM
Odds are at +600... If you believe in the rig put it up.

That mentioning of the accounting firm Ernst and young being there has scared me away tho lol
it;s rigged for one of the eastern teams. idk which one exactly, but one of the eastern teams are getting zion. if i could put money on that, i would.

Miles and Miles
05-14-2019, 05:02 PM
It's more dramatic announcing countdown style. They have a 30 minute slot to fill.

They could do that in front of the cameras. Draw them all and then unveil them one by one. I'm sure there is a system that could work for live TV.

Miles and Miles
05-14-2019, 05:03 PM
Billions on the line for NY to get it right? Naaa nothing has ever been rigged in the NBA.

bigkingsfan
05-14-2019, 05:26 PM
They could do that in front of the cameras. Draw them all and then unveil them one by one. I'm sure there is a system that could work for live TV.
It's the build up, the reaction from each team representative. When a team falls out of the top three or when someone moves up. With the new percentage it feels like anyone can win.

VS

Announcing who will draft Zion

TheCorporation
05-14-2019, 05:30 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxcdfJhAafs/?utm_source=ig_embed

At least post the damn odds!

theaussieguy
05-14-2019, 05:35 PM
It is definitely rigged. Or at least it was for Patrick Ewing. Was really obvious.

Ben Simmons 25
05-14-2019, 07:18 PM
How could I forget...

The NBA front office forced Sam Hinkie out of the 76ers organization and rewarded the franchise by giving them the #1 pick... immediately.

Yeah... just a coincidence, I'm sure.

fourkicks44
05-14-2019, 07:36 PM
How could I forget...

The NBA front office forced Sam Hinkie out of the 76ers organization and rewarded the franchise by giving them the #1 pick... immediately.

Yeah... just a coincidence, I'm sure.

Coincidence they were one of the 3 worst teams of all time?

Coincidence that it was Hinkie's plan to get the number one pick the whole time?

Ben Simmons 25
05-14-2019, 07:44 PM
Coincidence they were one of the 3 worst teams of all time?

Coincidence that it was Hinkie's plan to get the number one pick the whole time?

Hinkie always wanted the #1 pick every year, what's your point?

There was a 75% chance they didn't get the 1st pick that year...

Why do you take it as a personal attack on Philadelphia?

It isn't.

It's an attack on the league office.

It always amazes me how if someone says anything controversial EVEN IN THE SLIGHTEST surrounding someone else's team or players, how tribal they will get about it. Quite amazing, actually.

Wally450
05-14-2019, 08:08 PM
I'm just curious how its rigged with officials from each team and media members in the drawing room actually watching the drawing happen.

Celtics 1825
05-14-2019, 08:12 PM
Chicago will win the lottery

You heard it here first
I'm thinking the same thing, would much rather see them win than the likes of Cleveland, Phoenix, NY

Ben Simmons 25
05-14-2019, 08:14 PM
I'm just curious how its rigged with officials from each team and media members in the drawing room actually watching the drawing happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn-zYXfdi1Y

highwhey
05-14-2019, 08:15 PM
:roll: awww why'd u remove the pic ben?

Ben Simmons 25
05-14-2019, 08:16 PM
:roll: awww why'd u remove the pic ben?

https://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y456/venomous15/Putinism/Ukraine/merchant_zpsjkuhngzk.png~original

highwhey
05-14-2019, 08:16 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: