PDA

View Full Version : Remember when everyone said Curry was trash in the Rockets series?

RoseCity07
05-15-2019, 12:14 AM
:lol

Then KD went down and Curry has been in god mode.

That's how quickly ISH turns on players. It's pathetic. Now CJ and Lillard :oldlol:

It was a 9 point game in the 4th quarter then CJ fouled Klay on a three.

Makes me wonder was Tim Duncan called trash after Fisher hit that 0.4 shot?

FKAri
05-15-2019, 12:16 AM
Didn't know there was a game today. Guess I didn't miss much.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-15-2019, 12:18 AM
Are people really calling Lillard/CJ "trash" though?

Its more like, Curry/Klay are flatout better. An overreaction. Yes. But there's a difference :lol

FreezingTsmoove
05-15-2019, 12:19 AM
Are people really calling Lillard/CJ "trash" though?

Its more like, Curry/Klay are flatout better. An overreaction. Yes. But there's a difference :lol

They are trash though... its like Curry is being guarded by babies now... I will give credit to the Rockets they played Steph extremely tight on defense

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-15-2019, 12:23 AM
They are trash though... its like Curry is being guarded by babies now... I will give credit to the Rockets they played Steph extremely tight on defense

Have at it, OP :confusedshrug:

Proctor
05-15-2019, 12:26 AM
Blazers choke and now a colossal meltdown. :oldlol:

Smoke117
05-15-2019, 12:27 AM
I don't know about trash, but McCollum isn't anything special, period. If anything he was getting overrated in that Nuggets series. For the playoffs he's averaging 24.2 ppg on 22.0 shot attempts. That's nothing special...especially when you don't really do much of anything else. He's being the same high volume scorer who doesn't affect the game in any other notable way he's always been. He's not the 2nd best player on a team winning a championship that's for sure.

Atlantis
05-15-2019, 12:29 AM
OP made a legit point though. Why does Curry's production fall so much playing with KD in playoff games?

RoseCity07
05-15-2019, 12:31 AM
I don't know about trash, but McCollum isn't anything special, period. If anything he was getting overrated in that Nuggets series. For the playoffs he's averaging 24.2 ppg on 22.0 shot attempts. That's nothing special...especially when you don't really do much of anything else. He's being the same high volume scorer who doesn't affect the game in any other notable way he's always been. He's not the 2nd best player on a team winning a championship that's for sure.

Nah man CJ is a special offensive talent. Unlike Lillard he can move east to west. Lillard is most straight lines to the hoop and threes. No mid range game. I've seen him carve the Warriors up. He just never got it going. There are times when he absolutely can't be stopped. I think maybe a couple guys can slow him down like Kawhi and Iggy but that's it.

hold this L
05-15-2019, 12:33 AM
OP made a legit point though. Why does Curry's production fall so much playing with KD in playoff games?
It's pretty obvious. He's an attack minded player that gets into rhythm by shooting. But he can't shoot unconcious and leave one of the best scorers of all time standing there for 5, 6, 9 possessions (since KD has no off the ball game). Especially for rthym players like Steph, that's going to hurt. He's done really well the previous two PS, but he was deferring way too much in this PS and it completely ruined his flow of the game. That's why it looked like he turned a switch as soon as KD went down and started making shots/dominating.

Smoke117
05-15-2019, 12:35 AM
Nah man CJ is a special offensive talent. Unlike Lillard he can move east to west. Lillard is most straight lines to the hoop and threes. No mid range game. I've seen him carve the Warriors up. He just never got it going. There are times when he absolutely can't be stopped. I think maybe a couple guys can slow him down like Kawhi and Iggy but that's it.

lol If you say so. Dame only averages more points on better efficiency, but okay.

bluechox2
05-15-2019, 12:42 AM
Because the competition dropped off