PDA

View Full Version : I don't even know how to evaluate Draymond anymore...

stalkerforlife
05-16-2019, 11:37 PM
He's f ucking amazing on both ends.

One of the best passers I have ever seen.

One of the best defenders I have ever seen.

Coasted in the regular season and lost in the shuffle.

F uck it, he's top 60 all time.

Love watching that high IQ basketball.

StrongLurk
05-16-2019, 11:38 PM

One if the best passers I have ever seen.

He's a Rodman-type hall of famer for sure.

These Warriors teams are the most talented teams ever assembled.

stalkerforlife
05-16-2019, 11:40 PM
He's a Rodman-type hall of famer for sure.

These Warriors teams are the most talented teams ever assembled.

Far better offensive player than Rodman.

Slightly worse defender and rebounder.

But good comparison because the impact can't be calculated.

Ben Simmons 25
05-16-2019, 11:41 PM
He's amazing... when he wants to be. I think Draymond might be the laziest guy on the team in terms of the regular season.

Draymond also plays way better without KD apparently.

Draymond provides this team high IQ decision making with the ball and massive amounts of defensive effort... but I'm not sure he could be this same exact guy on any other team in the league. Curry & Klay running around all game is perfectly complimentary to his skill set.

NBAGOAT
05-16-2019, 11:42 PM
he's really hard to because he's been coasting so hard last few years and there have been less than a handful in history like him defensively. Cant shoot at all but an amazing passer for a big man, likely 2nd right now behind jokic. Like i'm really curious if he picks up the effort id kd leaves back to being a dpoy type guy or he just saves it for the postseason. If he maintains his level of play however, gs will always be a threat in the playoffs even if they're like a 4 seed

StrongLurk
05-16-2019, 11:42 PM
Far better offensive player than Rodman.

Slightly worse defender and rebounder.

But good comparison because the impact can't be calculated.

That's what I mean. He is not a "superstar" Hall of Famer...but he is a HOF

DMAVS41
05-16-2019, 11:46 PM
I think the following two things are true;

1. Warriors are better overall as a team with KD in the lineup

2. Curry and Green can't play at their optimal levels with KD in the lineup

This is just the nature of diminishing returns to some extent. It is almost impossible to have a team in which every player can play at their optimal level when you have multiple superstars.

Ben Simmons 25
05-16-2019, 11:47 PM
I think the following two things are true;

1. Warriors are better overall as a team with KD in the lineup

2. Curry and Green can't play at their optimal levels with KD in the lineup

This is just the nature of diminishing returns to some extent. It is almost impossible to have a team in which every player can play at their optimal level when you have multiple superstars.

The Warriors are better with KD in the lineup right now in the sense that they sacrificed a ton of depth for him... but...

They won 73 games without him. Can you honestly say they got better than that 2016 season after signing Durant? I don't think you can.

If Durant fills the role of Barnes and then only takes over when absolutely needed, I think you can say, yes, definitively, they got better with him. Thing is... he rarely does that. He just breaks the offense and the entire team stagnates with him... particularly Curry & Dray, as you said... This has become progressively more true as time has gone on and he's become more comfortable with them.

StrongLurk
05-16-2019, 11:48 PM
The Warriors are better with KD in the lineup in the sense that they sacrificed a ton of depth for him.

They won 73 games without him. Can you honestly say they got better than that 2016 season after signing Durant? I don't think you can.

The Warriors got better at a minimum because the competition got worse...the biggest threat (2016 OKC) was crippled by Durant joining the team he lost to that won 73 games...

Imagine taking Duncan off the Spurs...would you think it would be hard for the early 2000's Lakers to beat the Spurs?

Also Durant was the ONLY guy in the league who could hang with LeBron in the finals.

MrFonzworth
05-17-2019, 12:43 AM
OP asking for help on facebook

https://youtu.be/GQPM4_fMIEg

1987_Lakers
05-17-2019, 12:46 AM
He's one of the most versatile power forwards in league history.

MrFonzworth
05-17-2019, 01:06 AM
He's one of the most versatile power forwards in league history.
This. Have you seen the highlight video of him setting screens? Amazing!

1987_Lakers
05-17-2019, 01:12 AM

Elite defender, can defend the post and perimeter, decent ball-handler, great passer, insane energy and IQ. He's a do it all player. The fact that you think he's not in the discussion just shows how dumb you are. Only KG was more versatile from the PF position.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-17-2019, 01:15 AM
Underrated now and ALL TIME.

Ditto with Iguodala - one of the clutchest role players I've ever seen.

MrFonzworth
05-17-2019, 01:32 AM
Elite defender, can defend the post and perimeter, decent ball-handler, great passer, insane energy and IQ. He's a do it all player. The fact that you think he's not in the discussion just shows how dumb you are. Only KG was more versatile from the PF position.
What are you talking about? All I said was he sets some damn good screens.

bdonovan
05-17-2019, 01:35 AM
he's really hard to because he's been coasting so hard last few years and there have been less than a handful in history like him defensively. Cant shoot at all but an amazing passer for a big man, likely 2nd right now behind jokic. Like i'm really curious if he picks up the effort id kd leaves back to being a dpoy type guy or he just saves it for the postseason. If he maintains his level of play however, gs will always be a threat in the playoffs even if they're like a 4 seed

I actually don't think he's been coasting. With Durant, you have 3 incredible shooters and Draymond is just not part of the offense. He's the fourth option. You don't get to see his ball handling abilities as much and they tend not to do as many 2-man games with him and Steph when Durant is in the game for whatever reason. If you see the last year before Durant joined, Draymond was scoring 14 pts/game. (and it had gone up every year pretty much from 6 to 11 to 14). After Durant, it went down and kept going down to 7.

People talk alot about Klay giving up better shots since Durant joined, but Draymond's offense game has reduced to rubble because of it. It just doesn't work when you have too many cooks in the kitchen. I theorized everyone would step up offensively with Durant injured; essentially doing the things they would have done otherwise had he not been on the team. And that is what is happening.

NBAGOAT
05-17-2019, 01:37 AM
I actually don't think he's been coasting. With Durant, you have 3 incredible shooters and Draymond is just not part of the offense. He's the fourth option. You don't get to see his ball handling abilities as much and they tend not to do as many 2-man games with him and Steph when Durant is in the game for whatever reason. If you see the last year before Durant joined, Draymond was scoring 14 pts/game. (and it had gone up every year pretty much from 6 to 11 to 14). After Durant, it went down and kept going down to 7.

People talk alot about Klay giving up better shots since Durant joined, but Draymond's offense game has reduced to rubble because of it. It just doesn't work when you have too many cooks in the kitchen. I theorized everyone would step up offensively with Durant injured; essentially doing the things they would have done otherwise had he not been on the team. And that is what is happening.

i mean defensively lol for the coasting. I dont think it's fair to blame draymond's drop in scoring just on durant however. He had a outlier shooting year in 2016, that will likely never happen again. He still cant shoot 3's well right now.

34-24 Footwork
05-17-2019, 02:05 AM

:oldlol: :oldlol:

scuzzy
05-17-2019, 02:18 AM
And people actually question Zion dominating as a 6'8 PF :oldlol:

Dray is 6'7 and bullying 6'11 Kanter and 7'0 Collins, as he does with most PF and C's

Versatility and athleticism dominates height, positionless basketball is here to stay

imdaman99
05-17-2019, 02:19 AM
I've heard people say Draymond is the most replaceable one of the big 3 (steph, klay, dray). He is def the least skilled of them, but I think he should be tied with Curry in importance. He is their leader, he is their voice, he is their hype guy, he is their enforcer, he is their heart and soul.

RoseCity07
05-17-2019, 02:21 AM
He's saved Curry so many time.:oldlol:

Back In Shape
05-17-2019, 03:17 AM
He's amazing. It's easy to forget how good he is with Durant and/or Boogie in the lineup. He's like having a Metta World Peace on your team with higher IQ and better playmaking ability.

34-24 Footwork
05-17-2019, 03:17 AM
I've heard people say Draymond is the most replaceable one of the big 3 (steph, klay, dray). He is def the least skilled of them, but I think he should be tied with Curry in importance. He is their leader, he is their voice, he is their hype guy, he is their enforcer, he is their heart and soul.

Awesome description....but he's still the most replaceable.

Im so nba'd out
05-31-2019, 07:13 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/zXKZVfh5/Screenshot-2019-05-31-at-7-12-00-AM.png

ArbitraryWater
05-31-2019, 07:30 AM
The Warriors are better with KD in the lineup right now in the sense that they sacrificed a ton of depth for him... but...

If Durant fills the role of Barnes and then only takes over when absolutely needed, I think you can say, yes, definitively, they got better with him. Thing is... he rarely does that. He just breaks the offense and the entire team stagnates with him... particularly Curry & Dray, as you said... This has become progressively more true as time has gone on and he's become more comfortable with them.

Ehhh, whats the difference between the 2016 and 2017 finals?

RoseCity07
05-31-2019, 08:24 AM
He's just a role player. He's good at making the right plays. If he actually had to carry a team he would get exposed.

FultzNationRISE
10-27-2019, 06:57 PM

This

red1
10-27-2019, 06:58 PM
lebron would've had 5 rings by now if that scrub wasn't on their franchise - all warriors fans owe this kid for at least 2 of their 3 rings.

stalkerforlife
10-27-2019, 07:19 PM
Meaningless bump.

He's amazing with otherworldly shooters at multiple positions.

He's exposed as a very inept scorer without them.

Rent free.

SpaceJam2
11-26-2019, 02:02 AM

One of the best passers I have ever seen.

Are you bi-polar

FultzNationRISE
12-15-2019, 02:03 AM
Crazy how stacked Curry

superduper
12-15-2019, 02:52 AM
Most over rated team in history tbh.

Amazing how good Curry made these pretenders look.

scuzzy
12-15-2019, 02:56 AM
:lol :lol

Airupthere
12-15-2019, 10:00 AM
How is this guy not putting up significantly better stats without curry, klay and kd?

Ainosterhaspie
12-15-2019, 01:28 PM
He's a superstar role-player. Roleplayers aren't going to carry a team, but very few reach the levels Draymond does when they've got stars around them.